/wtg/ - War Thunder General

Flawless German Engineering edition

Previous thread: >Official Site:
warthunder.com/

NOTE: You get given a premium aircraft for your first victory in game!
Need a faster download? Switch Language in Launcher.

>Wiki with Release Trees and General Tactics:
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php

>Fan created skins, missions, locations, fictions etc...
live.warthunder.com/ (Warning! Pure weeaboo and horsefucker autism abound)

>Ammunition Types
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Category:Ammunition

>All the Air RB/SB maneuvers you would want to know + Engine thingamabobs:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=200974026

>Every Airplane Instrument Panel translated
mediafire.com/view/q4nybrogygdchdb/ND's_aircraft_reference_guide.pdf

>Youtube Channel with Tutorials and Gameplay Videos
youtube.com/user/galahadgawain/playlists

>Steam community:
steamcommunity.com/groups/warthundervg

>A discord you can use:
discord.gg/kkejYwp

>vg chatroom:
Type " /join vg " into chatbox.
If prompted for a password, use "memes".

>Joystick Comparisons:
xbitlabs.com/articles/multimedia/display/joystick-roundup_8.html

>DIY Headtracking
pcgamer.com/how-to-build-your-own-ir-head-tracker/
ebay.com/itm/161710468074

>Chart displaying weapon effectiveness against ground units
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H1_cSnYKSKbU6Giql2bMDdFoXefeq6ENWuvjQbtquMs/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Px6G3kvcWbiS-sdIR6r4s7lSwfcxguUgJw95qj0NIzs/

Other urls found in this thread:

live.warthunder.com/post/670352/en/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

fail

when?

Why are German vehicles so underpowered?

Because their planes sucked ass towards the end of the war, due to a disintegrating aircraft industry. They still have some really fun jets though, and a couple of their late war props are good.

What about their tanks?

They sucked in real life due to the logistical needs and the complicated manufacturing and maintenance requirements. One tank was so poorly designed that it could only drive 150 km before the transmission needed complete replacement, I believe that was the first panther tank. I've heard pretty good things about them in the game though. I don't play tank RB.

They were still better than anything allies could have ever designed

Not really, the first Sherman Tanks actually outclassed every tank Germany fielded at the time. And the T-34 outclassed most tanks Germany fielded during the operation Barbarossa. Germany's heavy tanks were formidable opponents, but they were expensive to manufacture and required more maintenance than Germany's logistics could supply.

You are somewhat right. The panther was a great tank when they worked out the flaws, but by that time it made no difference. And though the Maus was a really stupid idea, it's a great meme vehicle in Warthunder.

The maus was indeed retarded, they should have focused on cheaper medium tank

Holy fuck that maus design
>a second maus would be present to provide power
Late war desperation is a hell of a drug

Nah but I reckon they would've had a much better fighting chance on the Eastern Front if they'd just stuck to mass producing and perfecting the Panzer line instead of fucking around with different models of the Tiger II and shit.

There's a lot of shit they could have planned better. Simply waiting to invade Poland would have done them way more good.

I'll bet my left nut that nobody, literally nobody EVER, has gotten a premium vehicle out of this trophy. The chance is probably something like 0.01%. Personally I always get the commander wager.

Yeah, same.
>Calliope
As if

>Ouragan struggles to hit 800 kph and is at 8.0
>Vautour outperforms the vast majority of 9.0s and is also at 8.0
Gaijin went full retard with the BRs for French jets.

live.warthunder.com/post/670352/en/
Interesting info

neat

ded gaem
ded thred

why is japan a map holy shit

Defeat was still pretty much an inevitability, but focusing on more producible tanks wouldn't have hurt, yeah.

I just had the nicest argument with some retard who was 100% convinced the Vampire is perfect 9.0 material because it can outturn MiGs and, these were his exact words, "speed doesn't matter"

He also concluded (before quitting the match so he wouldn't have to keep spewing retarded arguments) that "stats don't lie". I think he might have been a former gaijin employee

did you check his stats?
if he was even the least bit decent, I'm going to guess you got on board his ruse cruise

He was level 50 and had a number of jets but I didn't bother looking at the actual stats

I think he was actually that stupid. The kind of retard who has a few miracle matches against MiGs and thinks that means the plane is great. I too have had matches where I've killed 3 miggers in the Vampire or the Meteor F3 (back when they were 8.0), but I'm not retarded enough not to see that the performance of those planes is not 8.0 let alone 9.0. And certainly I'm not retarded enough to say that speed isn't important in jet combat.

I might be a bit retarded, but not THAT retarded.

God bless unaware pilots, the guy didn't even try to dodge after the first hit

Also holy shit 500 rounds of quad Hispanos run out pretty quick

>axis gets an airspawn in Norway
>allies don't get an airspawn in Britain
And naziboos say they aren't handheld

Jesus tittyfucking Christ what the fuck did Gaijin do to Hispanos? They do absolutely ZERO damage, and that's when they manage to actually register a hit instead of sparking

How am I supposed to kill anything with this shit?