/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

south coming soon edition

DO NOT BUY THE STARTER EDITION
(To find out why, read OP FAQ right below this, under "Which edition should I buy?" section)

>/r6g/ FAQ, Guide, and Links (Newfriends, read this first before asking questions)
[Currently being updated with Blood Orchid changes]
pastebin.com/Wi0PwtYw

>Stat Checking
r6db.com/
r6stats.com/
game-rainbow6.ubi.com/en-us//player-statistics//multiplayer

>/r6g/ OP Pastebin & Groups
pastebin.com/gWcgwQyJ
Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO
PS4: Add dazint8
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI

>/r6g/ Drawfriend Gallery
r6gdrawfriends.booru.org

>Teamspeak for /r6g/ operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations
IP address: 159.203.29.41:9988

>Official News
Weapon recoil overhaul
rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-us/news/152-301767-16/weapon-recoil-overhaul
Patch Y2S3.1 deployed on all platforms on Tuesday, September 19th.
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1749651-Patch-Notes-Year-2-Season-3-1
Blood Orchid mid-season reinforcements have arrived
rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-ca/updates/bloodorchid/reinforcements.aspx

previously:

Other urls found in this thread:

rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-us/news/152-305212-16/dev-blog-level-design-kafe
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I fucking hate this game

How long is maintenance typically?

rainbow6 twitter
+
1-2 hours of oopsie time

Any way to force the game to non-native resolution in fullscreen? If I choose something other than 1080p it starts flickering between a black screen and the desktop until I shut it down.
Using the config file and nvidia settings doesn't work either.

6th for Yings soft point ears

>that fucking gargoyle of a character as the OP image
try again

Do I have to be communicative and tell everybody "hey' enemy gadgets here and here" as IQ or is it displayed on their screen ?

You have to tell people

why just be twitch and take out gadget yourself so your abnormal brained teammates won't get fucked by all the traps.

Just don't pick IQ

i dropped this game awhile ago because of all the new meme operators and "xd thicc"

now they're adding zombies apparently? is it fake news or what, idk how I feel about that even

Also data cap

>tfw can't tell if this is b8 or just a retard

I never keep up with news for this game, I just saw a post that said zombies were being added, it wouldn't be that surprising considering how shitty this game has been getting.

So IQ is not only "weak" (regarding her fire power and armor) but her gadget is also unusable in casual matches. Yeah I won't bother to speak English with... non-English speakers (most of the R6 community it seems) I'll manage with an other operator.

WHERES MY LEAKS AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

on ur pants

>i dropped this game awhile ago because of all the new meme operators
Fuck off back to CoD then.

her gadget is trash in general, even if you are in a full premade what are you gonna do?
tell them theres an ADS in that room? lmao

Hoping for destructible glass floors on south korean map.

The map is gonna be 90% indestructible

My brain says buy Valk but my dick says buy mira for that sexy latina thiccness

help

Buy caveira

Why caveira? I like the whiter latinas.

Who has a cuter accent?

i play it on pic related because i OC my 60hz to 75 for siege and it works flawless
basicely you have to make your screen the res you want in the nvidia panel so that siege thinks the non native res IS your fullscreen res

1080p 144hz monitors are dirt cheap nowdays

the game only got better and no zomies is bullshit and you should neck yourself honestly

i know but i recently had to replace parts of my pc because of a water leak while i was on vacation and i helped out my family with money which makes me a bit strapped tight regarding money atm
my pc currently wont be able to handle anything above 75fps anyways (89% CPU with FPS locked to 75 and constant 100 when uncapped which makes my mouse move like im dragging it through mud)

patch fucking when

im surprised how good the halloween skins looked
i expected worse
even tho Ashs skin looks like she has AIDS Herpes

The nvidia panel will only let me change settings for programs, can't change resolution even for desktop, so I did it through another control panel. Still can't get the fullscreen to work though.

>wake up this morning and decide to play some Siege before a short shift
>I've somehow unlocked three new fucking ops despite not buying them

I never knew Thatcher was this good, but I guess he's my new main.

>missed out on bucks skin

its in german but the one i highlighted lets you change your overall resolution that the desktop is displayed at
or you just it in windows which you most likely did
but when your desktop is changed siege should automatically use the desktop res in fullscreen

i only got Pulse headgear + weapon skin and use it with blood orchid uniform
looks the best imo

ES IST ZEIT FÜR REICH

My nvidia panel only has the 3D-settings tab, maybe because I'm using a laptop (old desktop died on me).
I'll have to get used to borderless with reduced res I guess.

you should be using Borderless anyways desu
its by far the most comfy setting

The problem is that IQ's scanner doesn't actually do anything you couldn't do with a drone and some game sense. She's just entirely replaceable in any strategy.

It is, but right now I only have a laptop with a gtx 950m which means 30 fps if I use fullscreen 1080p with everything on off/low.
My shitty laptop wouldn't be a problem if the game settings actually worked though.

>settings dont work
explain please because they all work fine for me

and a 950m is a problem regardless of what settings work or not
its a 1/3 worse than a fucking 750Ti man

Specifically I'm talking about the setting or changing res while fullscreen not working, which doesn't seem to be a problem for just about every single game I've played before this one.

well the setting definetly does work since im using it right fucking now

Yeah well I'm not the only one who's had this problem judging by google.

maybe thats a laptop thing?

Mira has a japanese schoolgirl's voice, especially when she is screaming it's unbearable. Valk and Caveira have deeper voices, and Cav also actually shouts (Valk's "shouting" is just her normal speech but louder). Accent cuteness is a subjective thing, but both have very subtle accents, if any. So basically I'd suggest you to buy ela because you are not buying an operator solely for her voice right?

Change your password

i just want a woman op for muh dick. i have a pereference to latinas so mira seemed like the appealing option, but i also want someone with a gameplay style i wont get bored of while i grind for the next chica

are there any rainbow 6 dakimakuras?

Mira is purely Spanish, that doesn't really count as latina for me, but whatever. Get her if you are allergic to roaming and into mommy fetish, otherwise buy Caveira

>all the kapkans have started taking nitro cells now that he's 2 speed
this is hell manifest

I'd sure fucking hope not.

mommy fetish is okay but what do you get with caveira? is she sxc

Did they ever not take it? I've yet to see someone who has c4 to not use it.
>what do you get with caveira
Edginess, deep (compared to other females) voice, fast and risky playstyle, the satisfaction of a successful interrogation.

It's pretty standard. The only time you'd regularly pick another gadget over nitro is with Bandit, since he gets 3 wire and you shouldn't be getting many nitro opportunities as him anyway.

rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-us/news/152-305212-16/dev-blog-level-design-kafe
meh

I bet that that rappellable elevator shaft idea is gonna make a comeback in the new map.

>now they're adding zombies apparently?
I did a quick search and apparently it was hinted at from leaks in this very general.

>they're adding the meme mode entirely for the purpose of making shitanka feel useful

Prove me wrong

Biggest one is probably the "Fury" npc enemies data mined a while ago

where is our best friend, leakbro? last season we already knew all the new OPs at this point, didn't had to watch a teaser every 2 days

I doubt it's actually leakbro, more like a Ubi marketer slowly dripfeeding us content to gauge hype levels.
Feel free to prove me wrong leakbro.

Leakbro was always a Ubi marketer everyone knows that

There is literally no reason for them to implement zombie mode, it doesn't fit the gameplay, doesn't fit the lore, doesn't fit anything, two thirds of ops would be useless, and the target audience is most likely to hate it. Speaking of which, does reddit know about this zombie mode meme? What does it think about it?

>doesn't fit the lore
White Masks release a new virus that drives people insane
Boom done

>doesn't fit the lore
What lore? There's hardly any lore to begin with, since the whole campaign mode was scrapped early on.

>all the zombies will be orange and fog up the map

At first I was going to say that no sane writer worth their salt would ever make up shit like this, but then I remembered that ela's bio exists.

Is there a way to forcefully trigger all voicelines? For example, every time Kapkan puts his EDD he will comment on that (100% probability), when reinforcing there is like a 50% chance to trigger a voiceline, and when reloading it only happens once for the very first reload, all subsequent reloads are silent. Is there a way to change this? I want my ops to be talkative.

>believing the zombies mode is real
You guys are dumb. Reminder some shithead made up a CTF mode as well. Probably the same idiot.

>muh siege lore
>what does reddit think
Kys. Seriously. I don't want the mode either but you are a fag

No, only Ubisoft gets access to that stuff. They also have access to stuff like custom reticles/

>you are a fag
I am indeed, but you can't argue that reddit has some certain influence on the game development. If reddit all of a sudden starts demanding a zombie mode, they will add one eventually.

>1st floor is supposed to be the close quarters combat section of the map
>ingame reality is that attacking 1st floor is a straight up peek battle between outside and bakery/kitchen

i want to lick IQ's soles!

Fucking redditards brought us Bartlett

Bet me the new polish attack op as disgustingly undertuned

and the defense op is just as good as ela's release

yacht 2.0

>woman still unable to break the glass ceiling :^)

stun grenade launcher has potential to be memey
and IF the defender gets a drone invisibility that could be either shit if its only for her or very good if its an AoE thing
i have no fucking idea what the "leak" about the other attacker was supposed to mean

So far every op with a launcher of some sort is imbalanced or at least very strong. By the way, what projectiles do you think his launcher will shoot?

I know their asses will forget back alley and that third floor balcony will be a spawn peeking nightmare for a whole month

Could the DP-64 be Zo's gadget or at least be based on it?

It's not emp because then thatcher is outclassed.

It's not smoke or splash damage like fire because then capito (lol) is outclassed

The only thing I can see is something compareable to a Yokai/Ela stun that explodes through the wall onto the other side, which is that case it will be the dumbest shit on earth and strong as fuck.

>male polish operator

he

looked more high tech but yes it had 2 "tubes" but we couldnt see if both are open

it is actually a smoke launcher that clouds vision, kinda like ela's but with an AOE a little wider than Capitao's. Obviously non-lethal

>a literal underwater handheld mortar
>Place of origin - Soviet Union
Color me unsurprised. What about this thing firing bouncing minibombs? Like fuze's pucks, but only two of them and much more bouncy.

>just X but better
eh i could see it coming

The only way I'll be ok with a new grenade launcher character is if they can bounce off walls

>'''leakbro''' suddenly comes out and says something

>let's take smoke grenades and slightly increase their radius voila we got a new operator
I genuinely hope this is not true.

>showing up with no indication that you're leakbro whatsoever
also there's two tubes and you only described what 1 did you fucking ponce

This is obvious bullshit everyone can tell theres at least 2 types of grenades in the launcher from the stickers

OxU shotguns have two tubes yet both do the same

same with the retarded underwater slav mortar posted earlier

One tube is gonna be a gzrmot grenade the other a smoke or flash.

She'll get frags and breaching charges and a good gun, and they'll remove her frags in a few months.

Literally capitao2.0

Hey i mentioned it was dumb shit that i heard, the problem was some dumb fuck started to yell i was 100% legit leakbro for dumbfuck reason