Mackenzie Edition!

>Fallout 1 and 2
>General Information etc:
pastebin.com/mtYCtDLV

>Fallout 3 and New Vegas
>General Information, Mod Recommendations & Run Ideas etc:
pastebin.com/u29WKkGy (embed)
>Babbys first modding guide
rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/fallout-new-vegas-sigourns-recommended-mods.114486/

>Fallout 4
>General Information, Mod Recommendations etc:
pastebin.com/2W7Dhy69

>/fog/ Asset and Mod Repository
>Steam Guide of good mods
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=752795517

>GUNetwork
>Rips (Primarily for NV):
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B45SllNAhiQscHhxR28tZ1FwNTA

>How to Convert Skyrim / Oblivion / NV / FO3 etc. Models to FO4 & Bodyslide Guide:
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m

>OP Pasta: pastebin.com/raw/dFMpLWAY

/aco/ thread: >Pre-War Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b_VU4KOBn5A
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/16354/?
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/27829/?
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/19310/?
youtube.com/watch?v=H-btE-a6NHo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>inb4 someone cries they can't romance Mackenzie

New Vegas is the best game ever made.

>NCR - lawful good, democratic and bureaucratic, yet wants to help the individual
>Boomers - neutral good*, innocent and well intentioned, yet doesn't care about the outside world
>Followers - chaotic good, wants to help everyone, even if it pisses off groups
>BoS - lawful neutral, loyal to their beliefs to a fault
>Yes Man - true neutral, literally the definition of the term
>Great Kangz - chaotic neutral, does what they please, especially fucking up the NCR a lawful society
>Legion - lawful evil, authoritarian and totalitarian dictatorship, with slavery and willingness to commit war crimes
>Mr. House - neutral evil**, only cares about money and his grand plans to further humanity
>Fiends - chaotic evil, YOU LIKE THE SIGHT OF YOUR OWN BLAD?!
*The Boomers are more Neutral than Good, but still have a Neutral view on order. Unfortunately, they got the place as there is no spot available without overlapping.
**Same story, as House is definitely a Neutral morality of some kind.
Thoughts?

We just had a discussion about that:

If you're against the Legion, please elaborate the proper arguments that can substantially counter mine and then paste them somewhere inb4 name-calling, babbling and overall brainletposting.

>If you're against the Legion, please elaborate the proper arguments that can substantially counter mine and then paste them somewhere inb4 name-calling, babbling and overall brainletposting.

I'm against the Legion because they dress like idiots.

>lorefags
Was it autism?

I wish you could! She saves people's lives! Raiders attacked her village and she joined Nuka World in exchange for their safety! She's selfless and saves her friends!

I want to travel the wasteland with her being doctors and helping people and saving lives!

cute!

Post your favorite food, drink, and chem

A fair point, they have some seriously dumb outfits.

Titus, get the cross

There are no lorefags. Just faction apologists that deem their cathedral the best no matter what evidence to the contrary.

On a postive note. God fucking dammit, why didn't they dress with cool pseudo-hi-tech armor like Legate Lanius?

Purified water
Veggie soup you grew and cooked yourself
>using chems

>institute was just defending themselves

Is Ratslayer the best critter cutter ?
>lightweigh
>good damage
>cheap ammo

"Evidence to the contrary" by brainlet standards basically summarizes in "You're ugly and mean! "-like non-arguments rather than an actual objective discussion.

Sorry about this. Quoting my pro-Ulfric post so the user can see. I'm done talking about it.

I'm not a profligate, don't go crucifying me! Currently doing a legion run with the uncut content mods and the Legion Will Ryse overhaul. Luckily there's some mod pirates on reddit who nick mods off of the gun gunetwork else you can't get it.

that would be oversaturating to the player's palate.

the answer is always lasers
>lightweight sidearm
>incredible automatic damage
>infinite ammo

this thing is the survivalist's holy grail

That's true to a point though. They were just defending themselves. It was people aligned with them that shit the bed for them, not the faction as a whole. To say so is disingenuous to the argument. They took extreme measures to stave off a crowd that wanted to kill them for every perceived slight against the people of the CommonWealth when in reality a lot of it was their own doing.

The few synths they have taking over places have actually made things better for the people. McDonut is the only exception as he has ulterior motives.

>That's true to a point though. They were just defending themselves.
No, they were not. Deliberately kidnapping and murdering people and even entire settlements as happened during the University Point massacre is nowhere near "just defending themselves". The Railroad and the BOS had more than enough reasons to attack them because they clearly showed themselves as the aggressor first.

>The few synths they have taking over places have actually made things better for the people
You clearly know very little about the Institute and how they perceive surface-dwellers.

dude I'm institute for life but you're ignoring the fact that synths are standard settlement attackers

just accept that they put institute projects above surface life, and rightly so

>Deliberately kidnapping and murdering people
Lowlife druggies,bums and a raider that no one missed.

>and even entire settlements as happened during the University Point massacre
That wasn't what the Institute wanted. That was Kellog's doing because he thought the settler's were lying to him about the data. It was more the girl fucking things up for everyone else.

>You clearly know very little about the Institute and how they perceive surface-dwellers.
They seem them as pests that will be gone in another century or 2 when the earth is uninhabitable.

I'm pretty sure it's affected by Laser Commander too, unlike normal recharger weapons.

>wearing animals on their heads

Are they closet furries?

>Lowlife druggies,bums and a raider that no one missed.
Yet another dialogue-skipper that just rushes through the game and makes random conclusions to fit his distorted views. You don't even know what synths are if you think Gabriel was a raider prior to being kidnapped by the Institute, that without mentioning all the good people that were kidnapped by them. Even by your retarded logic you fail to make reason of it, because if you think Gabriel was a raider prior to becoming a synth what makes you believe Deadon, Danse and all those positive karma synths weren't good people prior to being kidnapped?

>That wasn't what the Institute wanted.
They never cared, and they never cared about said casualties because they blatantly showed how they view surface-dwellers as subhumans and unworthy of respect, no different than how we view cows and chickens.

>It was more the girl fucking things up for everyone else.
Are you seriously blaming a murder victim for being killed?

>They seem them as pests that will be gone in another century or 2 when the earth is uninhabitable.
My character is aligned with the Institute but for the right reasons. Just do our gene pool a favour and go hang yourself in your backyard.

natives were doing it first, so no, they aren't.

>You don't even know what synths are if you think Gabriel was a raider prior to being kidnapped by the Institute
Not him, but Gabriel wasn't anything before being kidnapped, since he was never kidnapped.

The synth Gabriel is an escaped synth who got mind wiped by the Railroad, and then became a raider. He wasn't a kidnap/replacement job.

Gabe IS a Raider.
Wire was the leader of the MM squad that went to Libertalia and got fucked over by the CW and turned Raider because it was the only way to survive.

Deacon's a fuckup
We know Danse's synth isn't good because he killed and replaced Danse

When it's literally the fault of the victim for hiding then trying to sell information that was demanded?

>My character is aligned with the Institute but for the right reasons.
This is absolutely laughable.
>I'm not a Nazi but here I am leading them because they've got the right idea about these suits!

>We know Danse's synth isn't good because he killed and replaced Danse
Not him, but Danse was never killed and replaced. He was an escaped synth from The Institute who was found by the Railroad, got mind wiped, and transported to the Capital Wasteland.

Post nexus bullshit

t. has absolutely no idea whatsoever how synths are actually made

>Deacon's a fuckup
Hurr.

>We know Danse's synth isn't good because he killed and replaced Danse
>When it's literally the fault of the victim for hiding then trying to sell information that was demanded?
Brain damage tier post.

>This is absolutely laughable.
Laughable is your blatant brainletposting as if you're some sort of loremaster.

youtube.com/watch?v=b_VU4KOBn5A

>Post facts
>Get this in response
i love this board

for you

>t. has absolutely no idea whatsoever how synths are actually made
Synths are made by taking Shaun's DNA, and mixing it with FEV to form artificial organic compounds

99% of synths are just artificial test tube babies made as slave labor to work behind the walls of The Institute to keep it running. Only a small number of them are made specifically as replacements for real people.

Most synths in the wild are synths used as surface scavengers by the Institute who ran away, got mind wiped by the Railroad, and were isnerted int othe local population.

The only known synths made to actually replace people are
-Art
-Mayor Mcdonough
-Sammy
-Roger Warwick

fucking speed players

sheesh. I'll just stick with Creation Club. Thank you very much.

I WANT TO NUT IN VULPES

>facts
Every Gen 3 requires actual human host DNA alongside Shaun's. We don't have enough detail on how they collect that DNA besides via surface-dwellers, otherwise, if they're merely replicating genes from Institute members, that means they're all related, and that isn't mentioned anywhere either. That indicates every Gen 3 alive was once a former surface-dweller at one point. The Institute can't simply manufacture DNA out of thin air, they must be either cloned from a single host DNA or be taken from the surface.

That is not true at all, otherwise the Institute would simply manufacture DNA, which wouldn't require them to use Shaun's in the first place. Shaun's DNA is like a framework from which host human DNA is recombined with their modified strain of FEV. Some Gen 3s even managed to retain some of their previous human memories as children, like Danse. Whether they're cloning or not they need host human DNA in order to create unique Gen 3s.

what was that automatron synth mod? I can't find it
also what is the best nora companion mod?

>tfw no institute mumbo jumbo invention to let Cait nut in me

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/16354/?

What's /fog/'s favorite backpack mod?

I've been using these rifle holsters for a bit but I don't like them that much anymore.

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/27829/?

don't know about Nora companions tho.

thanks caitfag

>That is not true at all, otherwise the Institute would simply manufacture DNA, which wouldn't require them to use Shaun's in the first place.
They needed Shaun's DNA because they couldn't manufacture pure human DNA, since everyone is radiation corrupted, and they have nothing to compare it too.

>Shaun's DNA is like a framework from which host human DNA is recombined with their modified strain of FEV. Some Gen 3s even managed to retain some of their previous human memories as children, like Danse.
Play the game you retard. Its explicitly stated that Danse is an escaped synth who got the Railroad treatment.

He never had a childhood, and memories don't get stored in your DNA to begin with idiot.

You are very VERY confused about how synths function.

I've completed dust for the 5th time is there a better "overhaul" mod for vegas?

>Memories are stored in DNA

>tfw no institute mumbo jumbo invention to let Cait nut in me
there it is, that explains everything about you caitfag
it IS kind of weird that the first thing people did when autodocs became viable wasn't experiment with gender though. then again, 40's family values were still running strong and I'm sure anyone doing self mods would want be very quiet about it

assassins creed was a mistake

I just meant that it seems to be a thing, and I would want her to experience it if it's fun.

>take parker's dumb charge card
>he ends the conversation by saying "retard"
>know what's going on and just shoot him for the caps back

What the fuck, Bethesda? Do you really need to spoonfeed my dumb ass? He could have walked away with his life.

It's not completely wrong as some things are passed along though genetic memory like phobias but full on simulated childhood is just not it.

go to bed caitfag

I use this nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/19310/?

Anyway I can reduce the input lag in Fallout 4?

Talk to the merchant lady at Bunker Hill. The one in the blue jumper with the phat tiddies.

>then again, 40's family values were still running strong
But they weren't. It was 2270, not 1950. Cultural mores weren't rooted in the 50's. only technological progress. We've seen evidence of 60's-90's cultural shifts in these games.

Stop playing on a toaster?

good reply

turn off FXAA maybe
some people interpret the blur as lag and get frustrated

My Waifu is Patriotic!

where have you been?

I FUCKING LOVE ENERGY WEAPONS SO GODDAMN MUCH
POST ENERGY WEAPONS YOU SHITS

>his gun isn't set to off

jesus christ how horrifying

youtube.com/watch?v=H-btE-a6NHo

>it's back

I've yet to meet one who can outsmart bullet.

That's why communists bombed the US.

What's the best Energy weapon in Vanilla?

Im' against the legion. A random point against it is that in the fictional Fallout universe the only sexual dimorphism in people is physical appearance. The functional differences between men and women that manifest in the real world were never programmed into the game. Therefore the enforcement of patriarchal rule and having women as a servant class under the control of men is a totally arbitrary and unjustifiable practice. If the legion existed in the real world, sure. You could partially* justify the existence of the warrior and servant classes because of the objective differences between genders. Gamebryo isn't IRL.

*Partially because strict binaries in the context of biological variance are nearly always a logical fallacy and too simple to be true. The weakest man should not automatically take the warrior class place of the strongest women inexplicably destined for the servant class.

fully modded automatic laser shotgun

My Waifu is YUGE!

How to get rid of the terrible blur Fallout 4 has?

1 time is funny, 2 times and I'm scrambling to look away.

theres only 2 lol

Not him, and not to support the Legion, but sawyer has said that Caesar himself doesn't believe in the "inferiority" of women.

He just keeps them as breeding stock because this is Fallout, and mortality rates are high, so he needs more soldiers.

It's kinda like Gear of War, where they keep all the women who can breed off the battlefield, even if they are skilled, because they can't risk the ability to make more people

I see someone is developing a new FEV that enhances physical abilities without impacting the sex characteristics. I can also see that there's still some work to do.

>not being a polyamourous savior with Nora and two robofu

delet this

So many logical faults but I'll bite it.

>since everyone is radiation corrupted, and they have nothing to compare it too.
So they can manufacture unique pieces of DNA for Gen 3 production but not non-corrupted DNA for Gen 3 production. Makes sense.

>He never had a childhood, and memories don't get stored in your DNA to begin with idiot.
When did I say the memories were transferred via DNA, you mutt? And how do you know how the memory storage process work when we haven't fully discovered it yet? We do know it is physically stored (which is only reasonable and doesn't require any scientific evidence at all to come to that conclusion) much like HDDs, so if you can replicate biological data exactly as it was then yes, you can essentially transfer memories via DNA, much like genetic memory but at a considerably larger scale. But anyway, have you heard of Gen 3 Curie, Valentine and Roger Warwick? They all retained their previous memories, either fully or by a large extent, so what makes you believe the same didn't happen to Danse and the likes somehow?

The Institute cannot manufacture DNA. Period. They're cloned (as we see from all the clones being constantly manufactured at Robotics), and that host DNA material could've been either taken from surface-dwellers (that is proven to be true) or cloned locally (that isn't mentioned at any moment in the game).

My point is that they're not necessarily all replacements, but people in the surface had to be kidnapped in order for them to manufacture Gen 3s, and the reason they're not using local Institute DNA for that is likely because they already view surface-dwellers as cattle, so creating an entire class of slaves from their DNA wouldn't make much of a difference for them. That's the most reasonable explanation which does prove the Institute is not nearly as good as you think it is.

>tfw can't start Raider playthrough because no rape and impregnation mods

she looks like she overdosed on bogpills.

I really missed you

>He just keeps them as breeding stock because this is Fallout, and mortality rates are high, so he needs more soldiers.
He needs more soldiers because the legion primary tactic is human waves of teenagers with sharp sticks and suicidal bombers.

Fucking great day. Thanks for coming back, I could have sword there were guys that kept trying to get you banned

>talking shit with that thing for a face

>le 50% face

why were lasers deployed as standard equipment when their effectiveness can be drastically reduced with just a coat of paint?
I mean, radscorpions and mirelurks can dissipate their energy with just their natural chitin materials, why would the government approve a mass rollout when their new weaponry can't even bypass mil spec robot armor?

Plasma seems like a much smarter route, even given the drawbacks

I guess that makes sense. Of course it would make more sense to have a legion that could support itself without raid and conquest but I suppose when there's nothing left to raid, there's a fresh batch of young legionnaires to fight to the death for the final scraps of civilization left after the senseless conquest with no purpose. It's a chance to begin again! From the stone age. Who needs farming forever when you can eat the farmers once?

what is it with beth concept art looking so much better than the final product?

The Chinks were barely discovering the technology to create laser weaponry and likewise had few defences against it. Hence the US putting a fuckton of stock into laser weaponry development and preemptively preparing for when the reds develop their own.

>Waifufag trying to talk shit when his character looks like something Dogmeat vomited up

>So they can manufacture unique pieces of DNA for Gen 3 production but not non-corrupted DNA for Gen 3 production.
Gen 3's don't have that unique of DNA though, all of their DNA is based on Shaun's. Sahun even tells ou this is why they all call him father, because he is literally their biological father.

>When did I say the memories were transferred via DNA, you mutt?
When you said some synths, like Danse, keep memories of their childhood, which would only work if they were carried in their DNA you idiot.

>And how do you know how the memory storage process work when we haven't fully discovered it yet?
It's exactly the same as humans you moron, because they are nothing but cloned humans with FEV injected into them

>But anyway, have you heard of Gen 3 Curie, Valentine and Roger Warwick?
A. Valentine isn't a Gen 3. He's a Gen 2.5, and he didn't retain "his memories". The pre-war Nick Valentine got his brain scanned by CiT, who uploaded a copy onto their databse, and implanted onto Nick. Nick even tells you they aren't his memories because he isn't the same person as the pre-war Nick.

Curie also retains her memories because she got her robotic brain scanned and uploaded into a Gen 3 body.

Roger Warwick didn't retain his memories at all. If you read The terminals in The Institute they tell you that when making a synth replacement, they kidnap the original person, torture them for all information about their life, and then program that into the synth replacement. The memories weren't transferred, in the cases like roger, the mayor, Art, or Sammy, they just programed in information like "your wife is X, your son is Y, your daughter is Z"

Holy shit, stop speed playing the game, and actually pay attention to what people say

The answer is right there in your image.

>But because our firing and reloading animations needed to be shared with the standard laser set
It didn't NEED to be shared with anything, they're just fucking lazy.

>using anything other than based kinetic weapons