Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

Laughing Elder Dragons Edition

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One Jan 26, 2018, and eventually PC. pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Public Beta on 12/9, 3 days, 3 hunts: G. Jagras, Barroth, Anjanath, PS4 only, requires PSN+
↳Paris trailer 10/30: youtube.com/watch?v=64ql8jQBgsw
↳Demo Gameplay 8/22: youtube.com/watch?v=WBg6KnkpaXU
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC

>Quick Reference
-MHXX Update 1.2.0 w/ Eng Patch v4: my.mixtape.moe/glpowg.png
↳3DS to Switch Save Data App: my.mixtape.moe/ezwmnj.png

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
Gen, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_0sZJyCArfg&t=1m22s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>MH shirt

Actually disgusting as fuck

Eat your veggies and you'll be big and strong like diablos

Gurenzeburu!

I wanna practice playing CB to prep for MHW. Should I use the CB in 4U or Brave CB in MHXX?

>man nips
Back to /v/ faglord

4U CB

Brave CB is really fun. Do that one.

Why does this happen to white males?

4U is true CB and is what MHW is based around
brave CB will never return

Huntresses

>muh cringe cat
Don't act like you don't love it

Still new to the series. If I want to start using bows and I go online, am I going to be expected to heal people with healing shots or something or will my main focus be on poisoning monsters more?

He's right though, there's literally 0 references to the equal dragon weapon in game, which makes the dragon wars conjecture

neither, use powercoating, don't use any skill that isn't a damage boost

your main focus will be dealing damage.
support does not exist in monster hunter outside memes and shitters.

>If I want to start using bows and I go online, am I going to be expected to heal people with healing shots or something or will my main focus be on poisoning monsters more?
Like any other weapon, your primary goal is going to be doing as much damage to the monster while avoiding death.

what about em?

>am I going to be expected to heal people
Fuck no you aren't. You should never have to worry about the health of the other people you hunt with.
If you want to be nice pop a lifepowder or dust of life to help out, but don't make it your role.

Treat the randoms you hunt with as completely self reliant.

Name?

Good to hear, I'm interested in using bows, but I play support in so many games that I want a break.

>the equal dragon weapon is the only evidence of the dragon wars

I love em

Alright. Thanks for replying

I played World at PGW and it was shit lmao

>horrendous makeup
>ass to mouth

>male

overall, enjoy your weekend/10

What evidence is there towards the DRAGON WARS, not to the eventual end of the ancient civilization, but the dragon wars themselves? Who's to say it's not just fatalis who showed up and singlehandedly destroyed everything? We don't know naything about the old world

Nice butt.

Source?

>2 months and a half left

XX and 4U cannot sustain me much longer.

there are more games in existence than MH, you know.

thanks u too

MODS MODS MODS
MODS MODS
MODS
MODS MODS

White are just more attractive as males and females (male) than other subraces.

perfect

the gigantic skeletons of extinct monsters we've seen (primal forest, jurrassic frontier)
the dragon slaying siege weapons, the fact that the ancient civilization was so good at killing elder dragons that they made pointless towers out of them, had advanced weaponry and STILL lost

there is no evidence of a natural extinction event like an asteroid impact either.

then, there is duremudira and the sky corridor (i know you will probably say these aren't canon but they are)

>weapon balance doesn't matter in a single player game
>it's fine if some weapons are just complete shit no matter what you do with them and others break the game effortlessly
There are people who believe this

>Eyes in the center of his wings.
Interesting.

>and others break the game effortlessly
your 140 proof?
>some weapons are just complete shit no matter what you do with them
oh, you're just a turboshitter.

You need to look at weapon classes as a difficulty selection, not as equally viable choices, because they're not supposed to be.

found one found another one

>samefagging
pathetic.
don't post again until you can prove yourself

here's my 140 proof desu desu famalamadingdong

After playing Generations for a bit I decided to go back to 4U, since I really don't like the Hunter Arts. Man the higher framerate is such a dealbreaker to me. 4U feels just that much better.

>triple cart seconds after the webm ends
nice proof, shitter.

thanks for the update chief

>oh, you're just a turboshitter.
There's no way to make weapons like Lance, GL or SA perform well in 4U. Even as a speedrunner, good weapons will pretty much just shit on you.
The only reason why people overlook 4U's godawful balance is because nothing has any HP.

are the fatalises naturally occuring dragons?

how do you explain the sudden solar eclipse and weird sky vortex that occurs when White Fatalis enters?

Crimson Fatalis's Meteors? White Fatalis's, even?

except 4u's framerate fluctuates more. X/XX at least stays steady. and hunter arts are optional.

>good weapons will pretty much just shit on you.
>every weapon is its own category for speedruns

stop posting. you're utter. UTTER garbage.

>the mainly advertised feature is optional

4u is better if you've got a n3ds. If you're playing both on a o3ds then X/XX is better with framerate.
4u runs like complete as on a o3ds

>steady 12 fps is better than fluctuating 40-60

Wow

yes, its optional. if you have no hunter arts equipped, no one is gonna call a SWAT team to break your door down.

You're welcome

Probably not, considering that supposedly it can regenerate a whole new Fatalis just from its dormant parts.

>this same gif again
4babbys are so pathetic.

>implying 4u ever goes to 60
LOL

>utter lies

That .gif is NEVER attached to a good, or even mediocre post. It's quite amazing.

if you split a fatalis in half do you get two fatalises

>outing yourself as a shitter who plays online or with cats

cant post the gif again so ill just

>implying 4u EVER goes to 60 by yourself solo
The state of braindead 4ufanboys

Well there are a lot of ingame descriptions of it that imply hatred toward mankind, going so far as smelting the armor of dead hunters to its body. Take that as you will.

>t-the game's framerate is fine, you just gotta never play multiplayer!!
>l-look I reach 60fps
>...in my room

pathetic

>every weapon is its own category for speedruns
And why do you think that is, hm? Why does no other game bother to have artificial distinctions like that? Would such a distinction be necessary if one weapon wasn't just arbitrarily twice as good as another?

I got the impression that there's only a SINGLE fatalis in the world and that he just takes on different forms.

>call him a shitter
>that will prove I'm right
I don't think you know what 60 looks like f you think 4u can do it even on a n3ds.

playing with 60 fps right now XXsperm
you wouldn't know, even lowrank 4u is too much for you.

>he's still going

>how do you explain the sudden solar eclipse and weird sky vortex that occurs when White Fatalis enters?
Probably because he's an old fuck and Old = Strong in dragon biology, strong enough that reality shits itself in its presence
still gets killed by a caveman with a sharp stick tho

>Switch
>60 fps

>muh XX
I'm not sorry you're so blind you think you're getting 60.

>people who try to shitpost and bait others
>just end up making a fool out of themselves
it's my favorite episode!

Steve is still the best wyvern but this is really close.

is adrenaline gone in world? anjanath's set bonus is also called adrenaline, and I doubt they'd have two skills with the same name

which weapons are considered underpowered in 4U?
Asking for my mum

The Monster Hunter World website has been updated with new info if you want to go look

>4U

4U plays (mostly) between 45-50 FPS solo, and jumps between 30-60 during cutscenes on a case by case basis, 60 only when there's fuck all happening in the cutscene.

youtube.com/watch?v=_0sZJyCArfg&t=1m22s

>4U
>Switch
What did the XXsperm mean by this?

4U isn't 60 FPS either you fucking lying shit. I even own a N3DS and the game does reach above 30 FPS when there's nothing else on the screen but you.

Go online or find a monster and the FPS tanks below 30 FPS. You'll be lucky if it's even 24 FPS with 4 hunters and a monster on the screen.

So in short you're a lying sack of shit.

>XX

HH, Gunlance, and Switch Axe

>this same gif again

>automatically assumes that a person making fun of 4u is an XX fan

obsessed

btfo

>Once every decade, elder dragons trek across the sea to travel to the land known as the New World in a migration referred to as the Elder Crossing.

>To get to the bottom of this mysterious phenomenon, the Guild has formed the Research Commission, dispatching them in large fleets to the New World.

>As the Commission sends its Fifth Fleet in pursuit of the colossal elder dragon known as Zorah Magdaros, one hunter is about to embark on a journey grander than anything they could have ever imagined.

without cats, offline (the way the game should be played) it is 50-60
stop lying, shitter.

>we wont get the sauce because he's already banned
God damnit dude, why did you post that shit without the sauce?

Is there a video comparison for multiplayer modes?
My experience with 4u multiplayer has been considerably worse than my Gen experience. It chugs all the time while on A. Steppe, and seeing as 4u loves pushing that awful map onto you it makes the bad times more noticeable.

Really the Switchaxe? I played through 4U with the Switchaxe and considered it downright OP.

>this is the average IQ of the Nintendo drone

>fps comparison
>using cats which EVISCERATE the framerate

why would you need the sauce for something so disgusting?

I can't tell whether or not 4ufanboys are actually this deluded.
All those 140 jang punches gave them brain damage.