/cwg/ Classic WoW General

Cow Slap Edition

>What is this?
Blizzard announced legacy servers, as we wanted them, at Blizzcon 2017.

>Where can I learn more?
There's not much info out right now, other than development has started - and that it'll stay true to the original experience.

Plausible Tom Chilton conspiracy below:
>After working on World of Warcraft from its alpha in 2004 to the release of Legion, in late 2016 Chilton announced that he would be leaving the team to "[focus] on another project within the company".
note: Blizzard said only one person was working on this until announcement so don't expect quick release
previous thread: previous previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

a.pomf.cat/kxryjj.webm
a.pomf.cat/kjnvtl.webm
streamable.com/mquub
streamable.com/ybhrl
streamable.com/hvzj4
streamable.com/iknlu
streamable.com/dln2u
streamable.com/0u8g7
streamable.com/op4eg
a.pomf.space/pjemvrepgypb.webm
go
youtube.com/watch?v=oSG32B9chd4
go.twitch
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm going to marry an elf

I'm gonna cuck an elf

why dwarf not have helmet

Alright so I've read a ton of threads on the wow forums, mmo champ and now some Veeky Forums threads and are the changes that need to be made according to the overall classic community.
Many revisions done and things retracted.
>rebalance
>LFG tool most likely through addon
>better mail system
>no regreants
>60 minute buffs
>mage tables
>no more soul shards
>no hunter ammo
>itemization overhaul (no more paladins in cloth warriors in leather etc)
>updated models toggle *universally wanted
>Cheaper level 40 mount
>more quests, quest chains with no backtracking.
>AV timer
>more than 2 drops per boss
>reverse timewalking (modern day raids in vanilla)
>new raids later
>newer classes added in somehow *universally wanted
>achievements
>hunter pets immune to aoe from pve sources
>pvp system revamp (honor points some way to buy pvp gear)
>guild banks
>dual spec
>more graveyards
>improved AH
>aoe looting
>improved interface (autoloot options)
>more flight masters
>progressive patches from the start
Anything else I'm missing before we send this to blizz?

never forget.

He died for this

dont give it a (you)

>ranking r10 enh shaman with green weapon ganking leveling warrior at brm
like poetry

Because then it would just be a midget in armor, 90% of dwarf aesthetic is the beard. If it doesnt show, its not a dwarf

I WANT LEGACY
I WANT LEGACY NOW
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!
NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW!!!
MOMMY GIVE ME LEGACY, I WANT LEGACY, GIVE ME LEGACY MOMMY!! I WANT LEGACY I WANT LEGACY I WANT LEGACY I WANT LEGACY I WANT LEGACY REEEEEEEEEEEE GIVE ME LEGACY NOW!!!!! GIMME GIMME GIMME NOW NOW NOW I WANT IT NOW!!!! NOOOOOOOOW NOW NOW NOW
REEEEEEEEE REEEEEEEEEEE I DONT WANT TO WAIT I DONT WANNA
NOOOOOOO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
I WANT TO PLAY RIGHT NOOOOOOOOOOOW
MOMMY MOOOOOMMMMMMMMYYYYYY

Ezeke what the fuck is wrong with you?

>alex uses addons
>is a complete noob
stay mad

yet to see a dumbass frog poster post something intelligent desu

It would be AWESOME if all of you fat, sedentary slobs actually could be sent into your little 'magical faggotland' in your pathetic Fantasyland...

That way, the HETEROSEXUALS of this planet could simply flip the circuit breaker, trapping you in your virtual gay bar, and toss the entire pile of shit into a dumpster behind an abandoned Arby's...

The world has no need for another quivering mass of dungeons and dragons faggots.

It's not like you're ever going to contribute to society, or reproduce.

You're a nuisance at best...

An annoyance...

Are you aware how unhealthy your repugnant lack of physical activity is ?

You literally make the rest of the world sick to our stomachs. You pretend as if you deserve precious food, water and oxygen.... You've got a lot of nerve wasting our resources.

WOW ?... damn right, wow...

Wow, you're such fat faggots...

Please pass away slowly and painfully

>tfw you can never join an independent night elf faction

>they are mongrels
>said nelf
kek

The 'face of vanilla WoW' everyone.

a.pomf.cat/kxryjj.webm
a.pomf.cat/kjnvtl.webm
streamable.com/mquub
streamable.com/ybhrl
streamable.com/hvzj4
streamable.com/iknlu
streamable.com/dln2u
streamable.com/0u8g7
streamable.com/op4eg

user, are you doing okay?

Your obsession with D-Grade Internet "Celebreties" is getting worrying to us all.

damn alex you got some weird shit saved your computer

Sometimes I save the shit so hard, I rip the hard drive.

>MOMMY SAYS NO, YOU WILL HAVE TO WAIT YOUNG MAN

Your pasta is stale

did anyone capture when someone donated and said 'im going to just gank people and ninja loot for fun' and alex responded 'if i wasnt a streamer i would to that too'. then his stream chat started to insult that user and alex backpedaled immediately.

>/wowg/ 38 mins old and 180 replies
>/cwg/ 38 mins old and 20 replies

It's almost like it show us how WoW: Classic will turn out in the end.

whats the point of these generals? we are atleast 1-2 years away from classic

big tauren balls

slow and comfy and not filled with eurotrash?

oh shit I'm sorry.

I can't believe we invited this faggot into the guild. The leadership is playing it off like a joke. They won't even let him come to BWL with us because everyone knows he's fucking terrible. Of course he doesn't even realize this and thinks he's a real member...

What's the point of retail general?

They are 7 years past a good game.

>go to check out /wowg/
>95% of the discussion is about Classic
>everyone there actually hates retail

Lol

This alex guy is going to be a star!

>hehe vanilla is so fun lets do some pvp
>queue wsg
>see this

what do?

what guild? can't wait for these literal who "Legacy veterans" who started in cata prepatch to get shitcanned by any real guild on Classic.

>Vanilla
>Battlegrounds

do you think Vanilla had arenas too?

tell 'em to not use some bumfuck retard UI and stick to vanilla UI

Go sit on the roof and remember that vanilla BG pvp is not actually fun

Hm...
>potential for infinite fresh as Blizzard releases more and more servers for the never ending classic demand
>ever running into a twink when you don't have a bank rolled character of your own

I like how he instantly gives up after 1 person dies and starts frantically typing then goes to stand in a corner. Later on he goes, "of course we're wiping, i'm glad, we deserve to wipe"
a.pomf.space/pjemvrepgypb.webm

that's just a normal r11 druid not a twink

Notice. We're a middle of the pack NA guild. Still, Alex doesn't belong here and I hope he gets booted soon.

>middle of the pack
>on a private server

so complete drooling morons by retail standards, what kind of idiot raids on a private server?

what should i call my guild

ahahaha

It's like groups are made for implicit healing priority targets and he's healing the rogue in the other group with the paladin in it instead of the warrior in his group offtanking the add

He can only comprehend wack a mole.
>um duh umm health bar go down i go press heal

what is this shit lol, I've only ever seen hunter drakk kiting like twice and never had problems doing full ubers. is randomly raging at pugs his shtick, why doesn't he group with guildies if he's afraid of looking bad on stream?

Is this the new /lhg/? Why are there two threads?

pserver babbs are not welcome here.

He just has zero self awareness. Probably ends each stream thinking, "hell yea that went well. im going to be fucking top dog streamer by the time classic comes out."

these two are good as well. he is a fucking moron.
a.pomf.cat/kxryjj.webm
a.pomf.cat/kjnvtl.webm
>im so fucking good at clicking boxes guys

lol what a joke. cant tank, cant dps and cant heal. this guy is fucking useless. if he has seriously played this game as long as he said he has then he should just give up because hes total shit.

doesnt matter. hes going to be like a god when all the retailbabbies come over. gonna be one of the biggest classic streamers. youll see.

>vanilla BG pvp is not actually fun
And yet it's still the funniest iteration of BG's.

a gummy guild would be so bad. imagine him having a nervous breakdown over obese Americans calling him a cuck every day.

that's not saying a lot. AV is only fun because it's not really much of a BG, just a big zone to 1v1 people in mid.

go twitch tv/asmongold

our boy is LIVE and discussing CLASSIC

All his streams are about classic now.

I wonder why the biggest Legion streamer does nothing but talk about Classic all day. . .

Reminder to ignore retail and private server children. Some dumb private server kids have been saying that talents haven't changed much and their server aren't any easier.

I'll probably add more.

TONS of interest in classic, this stream is full of people asking "how do I play?"
youtube.com/watch?v=oSG32B9chd4

The only thing i ever see legion people doing is solo'ing old content. It's been like that since cata

What will he do in Classic if he has no transmogs to farm?
Will he farm all day as a mage and unlock the secrets of generating gold, thereby ruining server economies forever as tens of thousands imitate him!?

>over obese Americans
cant wait for europoors to be isolated in containment servers

but i cant understand. he talk in words that are big. he too fast no um. me want to watch alex more.

Does anyone have _original_ Maydie movie in good quality? The one on warcraftmovies is behind the paywall.

>says naxx in the title
>actually doing molten core in t3

What is the least autism inducing class from classic?

Get a prem with 2 destro locks and annihilate that shitter in one gcd.

dont worry, alex will be doing molten core at 9pm est

Ragnaros and MC in general were basically impossible unless the whole raid was in >blues.

A raid group in greens in vanilla wouldn't make it past Gole, let alone Domo and Rag.

Early vanilla raid coreteams were usually EQ-raid trained and shit was REALLY unforgiving for fuck ups there.

wow I always thought Bloodthirst was a really boring redundant ability, so it used to actually be a Vanilla version of victory rush.

domo and rag were the only difficult fights. domo wasnt even that hard, just needed good coordination. rag had some serious gear checks though and thats why it took four months beyond the first luci kill to down him.

autism doesn't mean anything anymore, you'll have to be more specific.

is announcing classic an admission from blizz that the main game is shit

Yes.

>tfw literally can not stop listening to Asmongold

What's his IQ? It's like every word that comes out of his mouth makes sense and is actually interesting.

Its an admission from blizzard that when people say they want to play classic wow, they actually want to play classic wow. No "no you dont cuz our changes are all good" bullshit excuses.

The way he explained why achievements would ruin vanilla to sodapop yesterday was great.

I would lick cheescrumbs out of his beard.

absolutely

you got a link for that?

Are you ready bros?

>Classic WoW launches
>Subs explodes past 12 million as Classic balloons in popularity
>Blizzard goes WTF is happening and then realizes that they need to cater to these people to keep them playing
>Blizzard is forced to change retail and make it more hardcore and social to appease us Classic Bulls

Hardcore servers will happen.

Sorry, let me try to be more specific.
The class that had to manage the least ammount of redundant things (soul shards, ammo, pets, lockpicking, etc).
My guess would be mage but I honestly have no idea.

I think they noticed that by putting Destiny on the Blizzard App they sold ALOT more copies than they would have if it was on a different platform. Their goal with Classic WoW would be to draw back in the players who previously played WoW, which is a sizeable population, and get them on Blizzard App. This would expose them to the entire catalog of games and greatly improve the chances of these players staying within their ecosystem. If anything, Classic will be a loss leader for this express purpose. I would not be surprised if after all of the hype that has been drummed up, they hire more people than they initially planned to get it out the door ASAP. If they could get it out by Spring 2018 then it segways perfectly into the expansion releasing late Summer/early Fall 2018.

>Gole
>literally loot pinata
>Domo
3 mobs can be kited, 4 sheeped, so hard, wow
> Rag
>stay in one place and spam frostbolt the boss
you're clueless
even fucking ony is harder than rag

Rag was literally bugged for ages, the Sons of Flame despawn on a wipe, he got stuck when submerged and additionally you had 1 hour of attempts per night before he despawned. The first two were fixed before the world first kill. You really couldn't get any legitimate attempts in before it.

Can't wait to pwn in BGs in full raid gear :^)

go.twitch
.tv/videos/188730721
I think it's towards the end, but the whole thing was pretty good. Asmongold is like some grand wizard talking down to retarded n00bs.

that's cool but everyone knows Vanilla ranking was absolute aids cancer.

>tfw someone will be better than you at everything no matter how much time you put into the game

Im at the point where sodapoppin is explaining the ungoro mafia, why didnt i watch this stream live wtf?

its okay alex. im sure asmongold will let you moderate his chat.

Mage yeah, but you'll be asked to make other people a lot of food/drink. plus you'll have to buff int.
A warrior doesn't have to buff shit, except battle shout for himself.
Just pure alpha asskicking.

get good

He did a terrible job of explaining it. Didn't even mention both factions were working together.

Mostly because of teams of bros keeping chars in-bg play 24/7 with a good 6hr+ session a day bg win trading with the other team bro members.

>no life poopsock eq raid neet

>Hit rank 11

>Team Bro politely "asks" me to stop grinding so much honor and pushing them out higher because "so and so" deserves to finish their grind this week

>Report Team Bro for account sharing to keep their wars and priests in bgs literally 24/7

>4 R12+ bans

Yeah read the chat screaming that, thats a pretty good level of dedication to have a monopoly on bis melee gear.

And how they had designated taggers with people that had insanely low ping.