/sthg/- Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!

/sthg/ #1046 - Slivazefags btfo

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/pBYi_m7be-U
kempferzero.deviantart.com
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Waiting for someone to draw this as Infinite.

>Smol Sonic's face
Kek, thank you!

Reposting from old thread.

Why is it that Sonic 4 is universally rejected by the fanbase, but classic Sonic in games like Generations and Forces is loved? For all the faults that Sonic 4 has, it's closer to the classic games than classic sonic in those other titles.

They sure do like the word "rabble" in Forces

First for Silver a cute!
A cute!!

that's wrong though. Classic Sonic is considered the worst part of both Generations and Forces

Also reposting, how do you "spin attack" as Classic Sonic in Forces? Everything I try doesn't seem to register for the mission.

*BEEP* *BEEP*
Best ship coming through.

>Classic Sonic in Generations and Forces
>loved
What? Those are the weakest parts of both of those games.

*Squeezed*

hand holdu

His new voice is garbage

"Anyone? Anyone at all? I will literally pay you."

I'll bully Infinite!

Classic Sonic was cool in Generations but completely unnecessary in Forces.
Sonic 4 is panned because it's a glorified mobile game that controls like shit.

I'm glad Sonic became a staple character in the Sonic franchise again. Soon enough he'll take his place back as the protagonist and finally get rid of that Roger faggot.

So is eggman dead?

DELET

>Trifecta

Posting cutest rats

>The problem is that the Phantom Ruby doesn't do that where it first debut. Sonic Mania.

>It literally alters the state of things (The Egg Robos being modified into the wacky Hardboiled Heavies) and has the ability to displace individuals from their current location onto another when stimulated by contact.

>Sonic Forces takes this and throws it out the fucking window and says "LMAO, GENJUTSUS!" as the filthy weebs at lelddit called it.

>Like how in the world do you go from being able to alter and displace things to illusions?

Just reposting to address this issue.

>Yfw Infinite's theme lyrics make sense now that we know what the Phantom Ruby actually does

Shadamy is better

>eggman
>dying
can't crack open this egg

Sonic Forces is fun. The controls are frustrating as all hell but still enjoying it.

How do I S Rank Shadow's Stage 3? Do I need to actually slow down and watch out for the VR red cube stuff? That's what's throwing me off the most, especially in the two platforming segments where you're supposed to dodge them.

I just did a deathless run but I got hit a few times. My time was about a minute and a half.

I found that lacking as well.
I guess I can speculate that the phantom ruby's effects was made real by being combined with the chaos emeralds. It would also help explain why the phantom ruby sent him to 'another dimension' as well.

but that's headcanon.

THIS PAIN RESISTS
I CAN'T PERSIST

I wonder if the full song has stuff about his backstory or something.

B A L D
A
L
D

How do you get the Shadow wig

I hope Steamspy is just slow to update new releases, cause Forces is just sitting at 8k owners and that is horrid.

You shave Shadow

Adding some more beeps.

Well Forces was in the top 10 for its firs two days on Steam so we'll see. Would not surprise me if its PC sales are low tho, given how Mania only did like 100k

His backstory is literally him having an autistic meltdown because shadow beat him up

Now now, there's no need to be BALD

The Egg Robos became stronger and were transformed into the HBH because of the Ruby, right?

Did the same not happen for Infinite? He became stronger because of the Ruby and basically become an asshole with superpowers.

It's literally just

I'M NOT WEAK REEEEEEEEEEE

I wish I could say this was a meme but this is sadly what it takes to be Infinite

hmm.

STOP CALLING ME WEAK

Do the OC girls wear panties? This is important.

>When you listen to Infinite's battle theme and realize it's fucking edgy gangnam style

youtu.be/pBYi_m7be-U

The next game will be about Sonic having a son.

>Oh hai Eggman!

I unironically wouldn't mind seeing this as a spinoff someday

Yip. An edgy memer with taste more reasons to bully

BUT THAT'S WHAT IT TAKES TO BE INFINIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITE

fuck

How about some Rat OC

Thank you Yoto!

Where's the rat poison when I need it?

>ONLY SCARS REMAIN OF WHO I WAAAAAS
What was the meaning of this?

Cute

You're as weak as your backstory Lewd!

His pride before getting beat by shadow

Beautiful.

No, they wear bodysuits by default but you can work around that if you give them a tattooed "bodysuit" which is basically them naked with tattoos.

Hice.

Goddamnit.

>were are those

"Okay I guess you're the only one kid. Congratulations. Take this and we... what the hell is this? WHERE ARE MY GUNS!?"

Yeah, he probably meant a remake. SA1 remake would be great, actually. SA1 is a great, but flawed game so it definitely need some fixing with some of its issues.

I'd actually like to hear Roger intentionally fuck up "Watch out! You're gonna crash! Agh!"

W-well, that might work

I need Infinite trying to Infinite trying to open a jar pickles and failing until Cream or Cheese opens it for him.

Is Blaze in Forces?

I don't know how you could fuck that up any more than it already is.

Honestly SA1's dialog is so stupid that it would actually work with the new voices

I'm no artist but I did these.

Sonic son on the right, you can guess who the mother is
I also did sonic's dads on the left. I imagine him being a grizzly old bastard.

>I need Infinite trying to Infinite
I'm gonna chalk that up this excruciating pain I'm in.

Not even mentioned.

God i love kempfer

Cute kid.

>Sonic being a grizzly old bastard teaching his son how to fast

Is the timing for the moon medals in Shadow's first stage just extremely strict

Or am I that bad?

...Jumpman?

I fear SEGA might say no to Sonic PC releases in the future.

>IIIIIIIIT'S A BRAAAAND NEEEEW DAAAAAAY

does sonic team have to build their own engine?
can't they use someone elses?

Site link?

They do use someone else's, but their graphic engine is their own

They don't really have a choice.

I think they have an internal engine and also use Havok

They probably could use another engine if they wanted to.

F-flamethrowers are fun too Sarge!

That's a fine dame Silver's got there.

He mostly draws Crash Bandicoot art
kempferzero.deviantart.com

Danke, friend

That's just it though.

The Phantom Ruby had established itself in Sonic Mania without a need for words other than a simple small plot summary and names, and it even showed us the extent of what it can do.

It alters the state of those exposed to it's power - Simple Egg Robos into Hard Boiled Heavies, each with their own unique powers that Eggman himself never installed.

It can displace individuals who are exposed to it's power - Sonic and co. get warped from Angel Island to Green Hill Zone. From Press Garden Zone to Stardust Speedway. While in the Titanic Monarch it would also displace them into different rooms of the massive fortress instantly.

The team that worked on Sonic Forces just didn't pay attention to this so it leaves me confused about what exactly were they thinking besides dollar signs when Sonic Mania was being produced.

As cheesy as hell these dialogues were, I find them really charming. Plus, not all of them were bad either. However, they would come off as awkward if they stayed the same in the remake so I rather they be changed for the better.
Just as long as it doesn’t add in some dumb shit like “Baldy Mcnosehair” for the sake of trying to be funny or whatever, I’m fine with some changes that this game’s script needs.

posted in the other dead thread. whoops

anyway

what's the hardest stage to S Rank? I want to get the horror over with.

also has anyone unearthed Boom Sonic's dead corpse/remains/skeleton?

"I won't need a flamethrower until I get back MY GODDAMN SMOKES!?"

What else would you light 'em with? Matches? That's as weak as Infinite is.

>Shadow and Silver have chest fur
>Shadow and Silver wear make up
Sonic doesn't take care of his appearance confirmed?

I'd say vs. Metal Sonic but that was before I learned the insanity that was the drill wispon.