/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Micolash's Wild Ride edition

Swirled n' churned >information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules: imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>/bbg/ Spelunking Club
Password = /bbg/
Create a new S/FRC chalice dungeon and beckon anons to join
OR
Use the Short Root Chalice with the password /bbg/ to be summoned or invade
(every Friday 6pm EST, anything goes)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne AR Calculator
pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14343035
docs.google.com/document/d/1PIWNIOpp2j3Hc7XJBZu_1yEYKAEIXxHEXiY0--sykqw/edit
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I

PURGE FILTH
DUDE

DUDE

First for waifus

FUCK OFF

DUDE

EGG IS
>BEST AT PVP
>BEST AT PVE
>BEST AT FASHION
>BEST MEME
>BEST FOR BAIT POSTING
>A TASTY BEVERAGE
>A REAL CUTIE

Spongebob was right
This general is finished

I'm Ready

why is this a thing

Aren't chalice dungeons _fun_?

Looks like my first playthrough

need me some bloodborne memes give me your memes

Censor this shit

anyone wanna help me through defiled? damn amygdala in L3 is kicking my ass.
pass is bbg123

Well, I got my dumb ass squished. Did you get him?

nope. got squished a few moments later, thanks anyway. still ringing if you want a second shot.

Threadly reminder: sinister spelunk race on sunday

>STRAWPOLL VOTE ON WHICH COVENANTS YOU WANT TO FIGHT FOR/SEE FIGHTING
strawpoll.me/14343035

>TIME CHANGE
Sunday November 12 at 10am PT/1pm ET/6pm GMT (for the Euros)

>rules, faq & signup
docs.google.com/document/d/1PIWNIOpp2j3Hc7XJBZu_1yEYKAEIXxHEXiY0--sykqw/edit

We still need another host it seems

didn't play this game for a while. I have a 50 str, 12 skl, 9 arc hunter at the dlc atm. It's a pure str beast cutter build but I feel like using the mlgs. Would a 50 str, min arc needed have decent dmg? I have 19ish atk up% dmg gems from winter lanters would that do or would it require digging through chalices for some specific gems to even be okay?

im playing purely pve and asking because if it's not really worth it I'll just pick another str wep to lvl and invest in vit. thx

BRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP

goddammit, I need your faggots input so I can stop switching gems around like a madman once and for all

amy arm, HMLS, or wheel?

W H E E L
H
E
E
L

We posting MLGS redesigns?

WHEELBROS FOR LIFE

You need 14 minimum Arc to wield it, get 15/18/20/25 if you want to use it on your Str build. If you're getting less than 25 Arc, just use standard Physical gems and everything except the beams will be fine, even when the blade is tricked since it deals more Phys than Arc.

>haven't played in ages
>started a new character a few days ago
>get to micolash
>die three times

man I suck, but on the other hand I don't remember him spaming augur so goddamn much.

should hosts be only the ones that know how to stream?

Stay close to him to stop him from using it.

Just strafe around him until he uses it. You don't even need to dodge, just keep holding left or right and you'll literally walk past the augur. Then you're free to wail on him while the animation finishes. Don't get too greedy, back off after a few hits and start strafing again. Repeat until he's dead.

As for dodging A Call Beyond, just get to medium range from him and let him cast it, then dodge straight into it when he casts it. Once you learn the timing for it you can dodge it easily every single time. Stay at full HP at all times though, sometimes you'll get clipped by one or two of the beams if you're unlucky.

Try to hit his arms, you won't do any damage on the tail. Also, if he jumps on you just walk straight, then hit his head

yeah I meant just adding up to 14 arc to be able to wield it on this hunter and wanted to know if that + phys gems would be alright dmg wise. Thanks

So what makes the Vilebloods' blood so vile, and what was so forbidden about the blood the Bergynwerth scholar took to Cainhurst? Why did the Executioners massacre everyone there?

We havent decided on covenants yet so that happens friday. Ill fill in host spot if noone else wants to rep their covenant, nat will probably be the HoH team host. It’s looking like HoH vs Executioners and I’m sure wheel boss from last week won’t mind returning if he’s free. If HoH gets fucked by purple invasions we’ll just have them switch to Impurity.

If you want to stream invasions/coop go ahead fren

I already killed him, but I will keep this in mind for my next playthrough, thank you. surprisingly he only used a call beyond once, which I managed to interrupt.

Ringing bbg55 at the Wet Nurse fog if anybody is bored.

It's Pthumerian blood. Cainhurst wanted to usurp the ancient legacy of Pthumeru becuz they wuz kangz. So, a scholar ran back to Cainhurst with something to keep them top dogs.

Church sent in the boyos later to eliminate competition/for heresy.

very well

>What was so Forbidden about the Blood?
Because it was Pthu-in-Loo blood presumably found in the Labyrinth. And it was forbidden likely because Master Willem and Byrgenwerth in general was of the opinion that the Old Blood was not to be fucked with.

The Executioners were lead there probably because the Vileblood Queen sent her knights out to kill people and extract their bloodsperms so so can give birth to a child of blood.

thanks both of you for the help... but at this rate i'll waste our resources, I'll try later again.

Real question is, what was up with the Stationwagon that carries the Hunter to Cainhurst? I don't subscribe to the idea that the whole game is a dream, but that segment is pretty hard to reconcile.

Also, what the hell was going on in Hemwick with all the dissection and witchcraft? Why are all the outlying areas of Yharnam so fucked (fishing Hamlet, Old Yharnam, Hemwick, FW)? I guess the Church did its job assassinating those meddling with forbidden arts pretty well.

If that's the case then it's very strange since a lot of the Church clerics ended up getting the ayyy lmao pale skin and black eyes that the Pthumerians had.

Requesting assistance with a boss
9ury287c layer 3 (sinister chalice)
Pass bbg234
It’s crossbow hmph

>best meme

I still don't understand what makes me a meme. I can't tell if it's a good thing or a bad thing either.

So how many times is the word "blood" used in this game?

I feel like I'm reading a Space Wolf Codex except with Blood instead of Wolf.

The Choir literally manufactured those guys, same as they made the Celestial Ayymissaries, since Clerics turned too prone to becoming Blood-addled and succumbing to beasthood. In the Church Cannon description it says they made weapons for their Giants to use, but they turned out too stupid to use them

The axe-wielding Executioners are the same way, though they seem to have gone completely rogue.

give me a second and I'll be there

Lawrence stole the blood from Willy too. He was just mad that Cainhurst had it too.

Did he steal the Blood or just go dig up more in the Tombs? My OH lore isn't perfectly on-point.

What's the easiest boss to farm and savescum for blood rocks?
Ayymissary?

Would anyone like a spelunk?

Sure I'll boot up now.

I think it's safe to say he and his friends took blood and left to form the church, and then later found Ebby and started to fuck with her blood.

of course

Yes, ptwrx6tb is a good glyph for Chunks and Rocks. Brainsucc, Fatties and Ayymissary

Still rangin?

Cainhurst Bloodline is descended from the Pthumerians, the more advanced race that predated the current civilization. You can find things related to Cainhurst in the Chalice Dungeons, such as remains of knights with similar armor as the ones featured in the room before Annalise. The Undead Queen Yharnam found in the Great Pthumeru Ihyll is probably whom the old Cainhurst nobility was descended from. Btw, Arianna who is probably related by blood to Cainhurst has blood reminiscent of old forbidden pthu blood.

Maybe, but we do know there were Church members recruited to be sent down into the Hintertombs thanks to the Tomb Prospector and Mad Madman sets. So probably both, he took the Blood and kept digging for relics resulting in the Church of the Good Chalice and the Choir's experiments.

Any dungeon preference?

None, I'm fine with whatever. But I do like me some Loran

Can we talk about the fact that even before Fake Iosefka shows up, the Clinic has a pit out back for dumping failed Church Giants and presumably other experiments? Basically meaning that the Choir probably has all the medial facilities in Yharnam producing weapons and other experiments, hence why they won't tell Outsiders anything about blood ministration?
Hell they probably even produced the Man-Eater Boars.

I have. srrc isn't being kind, might have to get somebody else if I don't get summoned soon

I'm one coldblood flower short for loran. So ill flip a coin for isz or ihyll

I always had an impression that the black executioners were a ipart of the Chuech black and white hierarchy system. Choir and white doctors are elites, blacks are jobbers, white executioners are spec ops, blacks are jobbers. I think the important factor here is that the nightmare exeçutioners from Hunters Nightmare also wear the holy shawl which according to the item description was originally used by executioners ant later became the prototype of all church gear, yet those enemies possess very similar design and moveset compared to regular exectioners. At least that is the way I see it.

The Executioners in the Nightmare have gone full Eldritch fucked up, yeah they were probably the earliest prototypes but were way too ayylmao.

I BSEd the fucker down. Ty for trying

They spawned in my dungeon!

Oh no...

Have you flipped the coin yet?

Sorry for the wait, it's ready. Come one come all to this Pthumerian FRC Joyride.

Glyph suynk95i
Pass tumeru

computer is busted atm so either short or no layer reports, sorry for the inconvenience

coming

Coming now.

holy fuck they're broken

Full?

I was ringing with the wrong pass, I've probably been cucked now

This casket has his casket! I thought they didn't have them in the CDs

Probably not, i just got dihrael, need one more!!

I'm ringing by the lamp and still not getting anything.

I see your ghost, but not getting you. Tried reringing as thats what got dihrael in here,but nothing yet. Fucking miyazaki

I'm restarting now. If somebody else comes, go on without me.

kk gonna give it another 5 before going on with dihrael

Garden of Eyes can also spawn

I was going for egg...

Nice try, fuckboy.

Hey who wants to spar for a bit before I go to sleep?

>ringing resonant bell by the L1 lamp
>still no summon after seven minutes
>lost connection, returning to menu

What is wrong with my matchmaking today?

>tfw you've relapsed into Bloodborne

Is boost moded Bloodborne worth buying a pro for?

Ok dihrael, lets ditch this fag. If anyone wants to come cuck his spot feel free

Maybe you were being purple summoned and that was the invasion bug? Did you wait? I don't know if that bug happens with purples too though.

Bootin up.

Who's the fag?

Bloodborne didn't get a boost patch so

Who are you?

Some cunt.