/fg/ - Falcom General #123

Previous thread: Tag the spoilers so the general doesn't die again.

> Zwei II out on PC store.steampowered.com/app/427700/Zwei_The_Ilvard_Insurrection/

>Trails of Cold Steel PC out now:

store.steampowered.com/app/538680/
gog.com/game/legend_of_heroes_trails_of_cold_steel_the

>A version of the old Zero no Kiseki fan translation was leaked:

mega.nz/#!LM4Hxb5J!0LrSUQF0yPjveDVPLSSn3Xq1i_tSwvqXHIU9Rzd3fiE

Don't forget to support the games and spoiler the spoilers!

>Latest news

- Ys VIII released, but PC release date delayed due to issues with the port: steamcommunity.com/app/579180/discussions/0/1484356232247880393/

- Trails of Cold Steel III is out right now, news/article translations: gematsu.com/tag/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-iii

- Sen III trailer has been subbed: youtube.com/watch?v=QGfoGCWHLgI

- Cold Steel PC guest blogs (written by port programmer Durante, of DSFix fame):
xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/163720373505/loh-trails-of-cold-steel-pc-guest-blog-3-from

- Ys Seven is out on PC: store.steampowered.com/app/587100/Ys_SEVEN/
gog.com/game/ys_seven

- Cold Steel 2 confirmed for PC, release date pending
twitter.com/xseedgames/status/850395724223098880

>Older news

Pastebin (aka music): pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Extra Stuff (Guides, links, CS undub): pastebin.com/n2G4xL5s

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9FcIbOSKc68
youtu.be/hRUUm221v7k?t=5m6s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I kinda felt bad for the fucking thing, i think it had some form of brain damage that stopped it from properly attacking me.

Xseed needs less PC trash and more good PS4 games

New Falcom magazine by the 16th. We're going to stay alive until that date.

You're going pretty fast. What difficulty are you playing on?

Nightmare.

Is there any possibility of getting some Last saga news? Or will it just be the usual stuff?

We'll just have to wait and see, we'll probably get something since apparently the magazine will feature full on spoilers for Sen III.

Best kiseki

You know Altago is probably the shittiest country Adol has been to from the games i played so far.

>Royal guard is a fucking joke who enlists a buffon and his lackeys to harass the citizens and avoid proper work
>Only decently strong guy seems to be someone who came from the slums, and the initial place the country grew from, and despite that they are basically ignoring that place, and forcing them to do extra labor for lower pay
>"Our weapons are the super best of the fucking universe. What's that? You had a weapon that could kill gods? Throw that shit away, and use our shit RIGHT NOW."
>Nobles of course abusing the power left and right
>Church pushes away the only person who actually did charitable work for those in old town, and now is apparently hinting at them doing something to him so he stops that
>Jew master 2000 is the main merchant in town

Well, Rome won the Punic Wars for a reason.

>tfw Cold Steel 3 makes a surprise appearance in a youtube video you were watching

youtu.be/9FcIbOSKc68

>Not telling me what he knows AGAIN despite the fact that the whole fucking thing has to do with Adol

Never stop being a fucking idiot Geis.

Sen IV promotional pictures when.

>tfw the first person they reveal is Estelle

He didn't become a hero again. Adol stole the spotlight again.

Geis should have a spinoff story where he is fighting a war instead of being a destoryer of ancient evil.

After playing Sen 3 it's become clear that Falcom is leaning way too hard into exposition and neglecting the game part of the Trails series. They've always been dialogue heavy, but goddamn Sen 3 was egregious with that shit. 20 minute conversation cutscene, move elsewhere, follow with another 5 minute cutscene. Repeat.

It never quite this bad in Sky or Crossbell. Could this just be the result of switching from top-down chibi characters to third person models? I doubt it.

What? All games are riddled with cutscenes, i remember some sections in SC making me feel like i was playing metal gear again.

They'll reveal Schera early on since she got talked up a ton in chapter 4.

Been playing the first Zwei game with the fanTL but the frequent crashes in every boss room (usually requiring me to beat each boss 4-5 times before I can actually get lucky enough to proceed) are fucking annoying. Anyone know what causes this or any fix for it? Saw someone else posting about it a while ago but didn't see any fix mentioned at the time.

Also unrelated but is it possible to put this wind collar on my cat that it found randomly? Or is it used for something else?

You're the only one who thinks this is somehow a new thing

How have they not shown her for any fucking CS games? Like wtf?

For 1 and 2 it makes sense because she was in Liberl, for 3 it was just because they wanted to tease us about her being nearby i figure.

Like I said, they've always been dialogue and cutscene heavy, it's just never FELT this bad. Like the presentation makes things drag on worse than it ever did. The cutscene segments are too long and too frequent with not enough traveling/fighting to break things up.

Sky and Crossbell had you up and moving more. I'm positive of that.

Sorry m8 but you're wrong.

>The winds told her

This tribe is like the opposite of Gaius, they're all self reliant on windmills and keep to themselves, and are as pale as ghosts, while Gaius are hunters and nomads and dark skinned.

Actually, not really opposite, but more like, their skin tone and the way they live is different, they're otherwise both really nice and kind people.

So did y all consider the "leave party members behind after boss fights and move on" approach CS3 took to the final dungeon over the "get saved after boss fights and move on" approach CS2 took?

Yep. And people still complained.

I thought it was pretty good. Made things feel more serious, and there's something to be said for seeing your forces dwindle down to the main four as you progress.

Of course, canonically beating down the enemy and all moving on together would have been more satisfying, but this is still an improvement over the last game

What is this supposed to be?

the scene where the Arseille busts the FUCK out of the simulation with the power of IMAGINATION and retarded bird-lasers

Ah, right. Got distracted by the fact that it was an hour long video. Fucking Chrome is submiting poston its own.

Are you shitting me? Zero felt like a fucking visual novel

I liked it but switching to them hearing everything going down at the bottom was kind of silly.

Could these PS4 ports be part of a grand plan between xseed and falcom? Specifically, xseed gets the enhanced PC port done, then Falcom ports that to PS4, then xseed and falcom release their PS4 versions in their respective regions? This would serve the dual end of allowing access to the games to more people AND prepare the western market for a CS3 release

Them canonically beating the enemy would've kinda been a problem since the people C7 was fighting against were leagues stronger than what they fought in CS2. They're taking on multiple mid to high enforcer-level enemies, as well as legit top-tiers like Arianrhod and All of Me McBurn. C7 just being able to hold off people of that caliber not holding back and without needing to get saved is a massive feat. That's something Llyod and Estelle's group(without Kevin) would not have been able to accomplish if they fought them in their respective arcs. Hell, I'm pretty damn sure the SSS as is currently wouldn't have been able to make it past Arianrhod and McBurn.

Besides, we still have Sen IV so I'm sure they'll get some solid wins there(I will kick Kondo in the balls if we don't get a Rean vs. McBurn duking it out 1v1 in their ALL OF ME forms.)

I LOVE ESTELLE!

Is it possible to beat Sara in that battle in chapter 2? What even happens if you do? Just a cutscene defeat?

Cold steel 1? Pretty sure it's not possible. Even if you carryover from NG+, you still can't too, i believe because her HP gets stuck at 1.

Your daily Ao progress check coming through
>84.45%+

You hit her till she's super low then she does an attack that kills everyone then battle over

Rixia is a gorilla

Is joshua still vergin

This bump is brought to you by a ded thread.

Sen I and II should have been in that art style.

Calvard when?

>DuvalieImpressedWithTheSpeed.webm

Would NISA even want to work with Falcom ever again after Ys 8 considering that they're doing all of the fixes for no extra monetary gain?

I think it's the other way around. Falcom likely won't work with NISA ever again considering they failed to deliver in every single thing that they promised. Also, considering how interested the company is to put all their games on steam, Falcom can't really risk another fiasco like Ys 8. They will likely go back with Xseed since they usually deliver in terms of sales and brand establishment.

Don't use the Function Keys at all, they break the game for some reason

Huh, really? I guess I'll try doing the boss battles without them then and see if it turns out better, though it will make things a bit more annoying to not be able to quickly use healing items that way... I did notice that F2 was always bugged and de-focused the game whenever pressed but didn't think much of it

what did she get spoiled at?

Someone dying probably. Or maybe she considers stuff like Siegcrow a spoiler.

>release shit
>fanbase complains about shit
>don't get extra money to fix our shit so we won't work with them again
Yes, that sounds like a brilliant business plan

Wow, I can actually read the letters above the buff icons without a magnifying glass.

*laughs*

KeA!

>Main script total: 1375768/1629086 = 84.45%+
Guren is either a machine or simply stopped giving a fuck about quality control

We didn't get Crossbell back!

I don't think qc and editing in general is his job in the first place. If you actually know the language translating itself isn't that difficult as long as you have time and want to do it. The problem is making things sound natural without losing their meaning. That's why editing often takes so long or why editors just say fuck it and go liberal.

Guren's pace is same as normal. This increase in Flames "translation". Don't get your hopes up for his quality.

>5(?) different styles
>flame's "translation"
>kitsune's spreadshit
>others
This will be a glorious mess.

Is that your team?

Oh wow Matsuri Shirley and Magical Renne? Your party already is better than mine at damage output. I have to rent a Rixia or Fie to clear dungeons now

She should have hurried up and finished playing Zero/Ao before hiting Chapter 2 too

Do you splash money on it? Or just playing everyday?

Just had lots of time to buy Noel and Luciolla straight. Only legitimately drew vanilla Renne and Emma from gacha. Was aiming for matsuri Shirley too.

Best girl

Wow, people talking about akatsuki, that's new.

never heard of it

>DUMB EOP GENERAL

Stupid dumbposter.

Is this some sort of tsundere bumping?

What is Musse thinking about?

Rean's dick

How to reveal herself as the grandmaster

Rean
Alisa
Laura
Gaius
Fie
Jusis
Emma

These are the real class VII, everyone else need not apply.

You honestly don't need Alisa.

You honestly don't need Fie either

I really wanted to disagree but then I remembered cs3 sidelined Fie hard to push another quiet white haired loli and it worked better.

You also don't need Emma because Celine does her job for her anyway and Laura contributes even less than the afformentioned three. The girls are there for gender balance and rounding out the element locks.

The girls are there to look cute and make people buy the game.

>Celine does her job for her
The correct thing to do would be making Emma have Celine's role, not the other way around. Celine is just a witch's familiar. The real reason why Emma isn't relevant and Celine is, is because they thought that it'd make Emma look like the main heroine. And you can't have canon romances in the modern Trails.

>And you can't have canon romances in the modern Trails.
um, sweetie?

You know what i mean.
Protagonist.

Fie was one of the few C7 to have any relevance to the plot in CS1/2 outside of bonding events.
In fact, you can remove most of C7 and their absence won't have any effect in the plot until the very end of CS3.

Technically Agate hasn't accepted it as a romance yet. And even modern falcom wouldn't retcon that kind of stuff especially since they clearly still want oldfans' money.

>Estelle dumps Joshua and shows up in CS4 alone
>Becomes part of the harem
>You get to waifu her
please

Emma actually doing something would make her a valid option and not piss off everyone when she got picked over Fie and literally every other non Alisa/Laura girl in 3 to get a more romantic final event.

Someone would legit shoot up at Falcom's HQ if that happened

Based Jusis.

Who is the most redpilled character in Kiseki? Besides Joachim

me

Hartmann

Should we start calling Sen III, Ass no Kiseki?