Is extremism good or bad?

Is extremism good or bad?

religious or political

Extremism is good, it keeps thinks spicy. If everyone was moderate, the world would be a boring, milquetoast place.

Pretty shit. People die or have their lives ruined because of it

Extremism is relative

it never lasts

Depends on what. If an ideology is good, its extremism will be extremely good. If an ideology is bad, its extremism will be extremely bad.

This distaste for extremism in the modern age is simply an expression of moral relativism. The idea that everything is bad once you start taking it seriously, so we'd better not take things seriously at all.

this

My man.

damn

All I know is my gut says maybe

That sounds more like the influence of Absurdism

Extremism is always bad, it can turn something good into something bad by demanding everything else be sacrificed for this single good thing. For example making everyone wear electronic tags to cut down on crime.

The world is better off as a boring, milquetoast place. There are plenty of challenges to make things interesting and we don't have to create fake ones to make things interesting. I would rather we focus on curing cancer instead of things like the lack of safe spaces in colleges.

Extremism is almost never just about one thing. Except in literature, film and Judge Dredd. The reality is ideological extremism, which is always all-encompassing - takes into account all aspects of human life (AnCaps would be an exception, as they seem to autistically ignore everything except economic liberty). So that balances them out.

Neutrality is really the true way to go. Or at least extreme moderation. But I understand that there has to be a balance between not just the two extremes, but the extremes and moderation. It's good and quite useful in moderate batches

I fucked up my syntax in that post.

Everything in moderation, including moderation.

Why? Moderation just means that you mash different and incompatible ideologies toegether for the sake of not being extreme, leaving you with an incoherrent mess. See: centrism. Not even centrists know what the fuck they want. They say they want what is best for society. No shit, nearly every ideology does. The question is how to achieve that. And that's where ideology comes in. Ideologoes are complex and coherrent systems of value and thought dealing with the 'ideal' state of society and systems of achieving that. Centrism just mish-mashes dubiously compatible ideas.

>Extremism is relative
Yes since what is considered extremism is usually only extreme in comparison with the status quo.
Though even so, I can still argue that extremism is indeed extreme.

This is pure bullshit. The best ideology in the world is going to rot from the moment when you shed blood.

Generally bad, because by its nature it aligns you interests against the interests of most other groups, leading to more conflict on average

Just like modern Liberalism in started in the United States? The one that shed of blood will be against?