/ddg/ - Dragon's Dogma General

Sorcery Edition

>Tips for new players
You can change vocations at level 10 at the Gran Soren inn or BBI.
Character appearance can be changed later on.
Dont miss your sidequests: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Side_Quest_Progression
Further info on "Must Do" sidequests: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qS9A47duONEwozGu8A6_oX_HyCxgBwbquGmlZqEQqqg/edit?usp=sharing
Understanding the romance system: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Beloved
Hard Mode doesn't change enemy AI, it adds higher Stagger/ Knockdown resistances and increases Stamina consumption and Health damage recieved. More info about it in the wiki. Recommended for NG+

>Wiki you lazy shit
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon's_Dogma_Wiki

====================================

>/ddg/ Pawn Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/156IeHCRWMcCTU4nkIIwGgjVBetjVu47C9TvAlAc5HUY/edit?usp=sharing

>Stat Growths
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Stat_Growths

>RC Calculator
opsc.dark-arisen.com/calculator.php?cmd=calculate

>In-depth Beginner/Advanced Player Guide and FAQ
docs.google.com/document/d/17Avxu-W6BCjDrglXtHg8Z3sKB_z_5tlWhV1Vmf_YWHw
gamefaqs.com/boards/626514-dragons-dogma/74291952

>Character Creator Sliders
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QfNzxImmAvPk0jUhfKdyjxwUBg8OUl9iQhLMBL_pEl8/edit?usp=sharing

>Mods available
pastebin.com/jcbPgLdj
pastebin.com/XqfsTx3G
piratepad.net/ep/pad/view/ro.uXOgwZkXAy5/latest

>Hotkey Script for PC Players
pastebin.com/7gju0zt8

>Modding on console and old pawns
pastebin.com/NMTBXnxA

>Guide to get DDO
pastebin.com/mx95PT0w
reddit.com/r/dragonsdogmaonline/

>DDO Beginners Guide
pastebin.com/xgzbcXNg
pastebin.com/338KVa5X

>Screenshot Guide
pastebin.com/6YtfNbcb

>Make webms
pastebin.com/4ipnGRND

Previous cycle

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uUuKkGUguWo
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Daggerist's_Band
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Ranger's_Band
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Strider's_Band
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Assassin's_Band
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Beloved was the chief of Cassardis
How does this even happen

I appreciated those posts from last thread detailing the adventure you and your pawns have gone through; how you've melded yourselves. It's an inspiration, truly... but I want to see more. I want to see how far the rest of you have come. I genuinely want to learn about the journey you and your pawn have gone through on your quest to slay The Dragon. Post a "before and after" picture, too, because I genuinely want to see that growth.

Uh, this time snacks for real.

youtube.com/watch?v=uUuKkGUguWo
I wish they added his version of warrior to Dark Arisen.

He raised you and now he wants to be repaid.

hips a best

fix proportions

How did Ashe know about the Seneschal prior to fighting his Dragon?

I miss the crew

I've been thinking about that recently myself.

My assumption is Olra told him, since she would have been with Grette when she faced the Seneschal.

Why is every reshade eye-rape to look at

I thought Grette lost to the Dragon.

Then she would have just been dead. You have to lose to the seneschal to become a dragon.

Judging by what happens when you yourself lose against the the Seneschal, it's safe to assume that's what happened to Grette.

Why does your game look like a shitty korean mmo?

>not making skinny, gangly nerds with big butts

Also post gaffes.

Fix those inclinations on your slut

What's the matter user, can't handle the EFFECTS?

Indeed.

"It bears the head of a cock"

No ENB shader is going to fix the ugly character shadows in this game. It looks so freaky because it doesn't take the clothes into account and just uses a basic human shape with too few polygons.

There are some sections of the game where I thought a shadow person was following my character for a sec. It's so creepy.

>literally two safe cities in the entire region and one of those was independent till not so long ago
>fort two minutes away from the capital is in a shit state
>another fort is overrun by goblins
>road security is shit even though they should have known something like this would happen once the Dragon came back
>two huge-ass areas are completely under bandit control
>monsters overrun the entire region to the point that people are forced to do their farming inside the city
Why did anyone like Edmun again? Yeah, he was a hero who supposedly slayed the Dragon but as an actual ruler he was pretty bad. Gransys is a shithole and only a few of the problems it is facing by the time the game starts can be blamed on the Dragon's return.

Really, you gotta wonder how anyone survives in that world.

>like support mages
>every mage in the rift is nexus, guardian, scather, and/or pioneer
>and most are in princess dresses

according to the lore.. the shadow fort defends gransys from the goblin hordes in the mountains

It Fell so probably goblins and cyclops flooded in during the last week or so

how the female bandits operate, on the only path to the other fort doesn't make sense though

To be fair, NPCs talk about other villages and towns like there are supposed to be some that just never made it into the final product.

But yeah, most of Gransys seems to have been in ruins for a few centuries. There isn't a single wholly intact fortification outside of Gran Soren and a frigging fishing village.

Im confused. Pn my first playthru I got the queen kidnapped by the dragon but after that (remember the dragon escaping) it was selene who went to live at my home. Sadly cannot remember much after that since had to stop playing

I imagine they probably just scarper whenever they see a significant military force coming through. If they're smart, they'll leave any military force alone, since it would just attract retribution, but Ophis doesn't strike me as Oxford material.

It's all goin in circles, the structures were from before God fucked off or something

but nobody remembers how long it's been

If you did Selene's quest where you meet her Arisen's ghost she goes to your house and then tells you she will leave when your beloved moves because no hot threesome for you.

If you finish her questline, Selene comes to live in your home regardless of whether she's you're beloved.

Fuck no.
Selene my waifu how do I stop this?

It genuinely looks awful, how can you stomach that?

Give Aelinore liquid shit and then never speak to her ever again.

Also, give her to the Brine as often as possible.

/ddg/ sure has changed.

What skills are good for a warrior pawn?
My pawn is scather & mitigator

It's 90% retards posting ugly thiccshit, so, it hasn't changed that much.

is the item a level 3 isle weapon turns into decided as soon as you get the item?

I just got my first level 3 and it gave me a shield, killing myself just got me the shield again

No one's really sure exactly when, but it happens before that; when you start the game, or get to BBI for the first time, something.

You can change vocations after Godsbaning/reverting to see what else the item can purify into, but ultimately you're going to have to accept one of those pieces of gear.

Worse, it's on a list. Some people make the mistake of thinking the outcome is predetermined on a per-item basis and giving items away or discarding them to save RC, then the next thing they purify is still the same thing because it has to progress the list.

In other words, if your next five purifications will be shield, shield, sword, greatsword, shield, and you get rid of three items, the next five will still be shield, shield, sword, greatsword, shield, and not start with greatsword.

HOWEVER, there is one (limited) method to change what you get. Yellow, red and blue vocations have separate lists, and both you and your main pawn factor into this. If you have multiple colours, then it picks a random colour from the ones you and your pawn have, but that works on a list too (eg if you're an assassin with a sorc pawn you can get any colour, and if the next five purifications will be blue, blue, yellow, red, blue, they will still be like that even if you godsbane, but if you switch both you and your pawn to strider you'll get yellow for all five).

So if you care enough, switch you and your pawn to pure red, purify all your shit, and if you get anything you want to keep note how many items deep it was, then godsbane and switch to yellows and do the same, then the same for blue, and if there's multiple things you wanted from different colours cycle the purifications to the earliest one, switch to the appropriate vocation, purify that, then cycle to the next one you want and switch to the appropriate vocation, etc. If there's two outcomes on the same number you have to choose one.

>BBI loot is an entirely predetermined list for each person that can't be altered or avoided in any way

>Magick Archer
>Trophy Set for +Magick
>Grave Claws for "Extends Attribute Bonuses Applied to You"
>Perpetuation
>Magick Rebalancer
>Ninefold Bolt

well shit, it worked.

I got the daggers instead of the shield, thanks user.

So are the Cursed Dragon that spawn from time to time supposed to be a fucking nightmare or is it an issue with my gear?
I'm level 66 and defeated everything else up to the lich bishop pretty easily but when one of those fuckers spawned I had to hide myself in a small room where it couldn't fit in and slowly chip away its health, which costed me 3 wakestones in the process.
I also struggled against an Elder Ogre and the small cyclops who has some attack where he grabs you and fucking murders you.

Because we didn't break the cycle.

I'm just confused why thiccposters don't migrate to other generals with better character creators like /bdog/ or some shit.

It's simple.

>So are the Cursed Dragon that spawn from time to time supposed to be a fucking nightmare or is it an issue with my gear?
Both. They're substantially harder than the other mobs around. Their defense is about 850, so you need at least that much attack to really deal with them.

Honestly I'm not sure.
I remember being immensely outclassed by the scripted Dragon in the Pyre Saurian room, but any others that showed up as carrion feeders would vary wildly.
As for those other two, they're fairly physically resistant at lower levels/damage output, whereas Lightning and Ice respectively can really put the hurt on them.

Also, does giving a pawn the warrior ring/band effect them, or is it arisen only?

I guess I'll keep farming some gear then. So far I didn't have any issue with any other enemy and the lich is fucking me up but that's only because faggot keeps flying around and spamming OP AoEs that my retarded pawns won't avoid.
Yeah, the one in the Pyre Saurian room is the one that fucked me up.
Is the one who fights with the Bishop particularly weaker compared to the rest? Because I can murder that one with ease.

>Is the one who fights with the Bishop particularly weaker compared to the rest?
Yes he's just there as an attack dog really. Far less health and defense. I guess it was to balance out him being able to come back to life.

So, what kind of fashion are you guys using?

I swap between all of these and Grave Set+Adept's Hat

Stream. Tomorrow.

how long do chests on BBI take to refill?

Three days

Anyone in these threads play on xbox one? My GT is Toagun, I could use some rents on my Warrior pawn

A huge dopey cleric, and an angry little magick dwarf.

>Perfect block an Eliminator and send it reeling
>Fighter pawn follows up with Blitz Strike to knock it down
>We both do Dragon's Maw withing a split second of each other.
>Hired Mage and Sorc pawns hit Levin and Frigor finish it off

Byotiful

>Why did anyone like Edmun again?
I'm having difficulty thinking of anyone who actually did like Edmun.

He's pretty popular with the people of Gran Soren at the beginning of the game, and even the people of Cassardis are mostly respectful towards him for the early portion of the story. He's generally treated as a living folk hero.

Still pretty early on in this save file, but here's a few of my arisen's common outfits.

And a few of my pawn's.

Novice coat has a nice model, I wish there were a late game/fancier-looking texture for it.

Works on pawns too.

>your pawn has returned from aiding another arisen
>4/5/5 stars
>large rotten fish

Th-thanks, senpai.

PC or PS4pro gents?

Both?

Though my computer's a toaster, my frames are abysmal.

Playing the first pawn guild visit

Considering things that would have been cool

Not running from tentacles would result in
"The Gazer" ripping away the floor and exposing the Everfall, falling into which kills you

He chases up the tower,

Ooh, what's the green and yellow outfits. I like it. Female only?

PS4 has more active players and on the pro it runs very nicely, so much better than the ps3 version. You can cast 7 bolides in a few seconds and it stills chugs along pretty well considering. Do that on ps3 and it would have a reactor meltdown. PC does have a few cool mods though, plus being able to hotkey stuff is a big deal. If my PC was good I'd play mostly on PS4 but also "get" it for PC just so I could play with the difficult mods and such. Who care about online in that case, just CE you pawns to have gear that real pawns would have. The offline devs ones are fucking terrible.

The best kind

Is there a list somewhere of all the kinds of skill rings obtainable? I'm looking for a Deadly Gouge/Eagle Sight assassin's band and I want to know if I'm wasting my time.

>green and yellow
They're not female only, nah. At least, the green one isn't I don't think. Green is Mummer's Wear with Silver Chestpiece, Silk Lingerie, and the rest is Ancient Set stuff.

Yellow set is Recluse's Robe, Silk Lingerie, Ancient Circlet, Silver Chestpiece, Gleaming/Golden Bangles, Scale Greaves

>dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Daggerist's_Band
>dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Ranger's_Band
>dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Strider's_Band
I think you might be, lad.

Just finished the Grigori battle last night. Holy shit. That was awesome. One of the best gaming moments/ boss battles I've experienced.

Wow, I'm retarded.
>dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Assassin's_Band
Still, it doesn't look like Gouge/Eagle Sight exists.

Think I might be too, didn't even see that list on the wiki. Thanks anyway

Gonna post some more screenshots. Love this game. Want to say thanks to Veeky Forums for talking about this game in some of the /v threads. So many thanks, anons!

Thank's for the outfit info my man

>someone finally hired my healslut and got me with enough RC to make her butt and tits better and some leftovers to buy potions to fix her inclination
Feels good man. Anyway what do you think the best inclinations for a mage pawn are? I think i have her at mitigator/Utilitarian now but i dont know what im doing

If you want her to prioritize healing above all else, you gotta put Medicant above any combat inclinations. I personally like Mitigator/Challenger/Utilitarian, though that's objectively probably not very good for a Mage.

I imagine they'll still heal you/themselves if needed right? I found mine was barely ever making use of the big offensive spells like the fire wall so i had to try something new. I think she was medicant/Pioneer/Gaurdian before, or something like that

Oh yeah, of course. And you can always use Help! to get make them heal you if they can (they can't target you while you're climbing on monsters and in other random situations I haven't kept account of).

Some people view Mages like "they'll never do as much damage as a Sorcerer, so they shouldn't even try" and want them to start casting Anodyne on every papercut, which Medicant does.
Other people want them to pitch into the fight and heal on the side.

Yea ive learned to make good use of the commands. Ive been running with just me and her so i dont need to worry about healing other pawns, though i imagine ill have to get a full party again once things get harder again

will women ever be able to understand what makes this game so good?

Your mother doesn't understand why you play as a little girl?

they can't even understand this man lol

i know what you mean, but don't know the mean of your knowing

Some woman do. Or in the least gays do. Most popular DD fanfiction is a grigori dating service and the rest are Julien romance fics.

Besides that is not popular enough to get attention for and brag about on Facebook.

Of the 3 friends I have on steam that own the game, one is female

well it's 630 I gotta go to bed

goodnight all, or rather good day

Me too, goodnight user

I still haven't beat UR Dragon on ps4

but have restarted like 4 times

>the rest are Julien romance fics.
I don't get it. What does this have to do with women and gays??

Julien is def Manly

I bet he gets all the cultist girls