/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>You get a Lightning Bundle! You get a Lightning Bundle! EVERYBODY GETS A LIGHTNING BUNDLE!
>Image filter list for 4chanx users
pastebin.com/fZHW0a8b

>READ ME BEFORE POSTING, IF YOU'RE NEW
pastebin.com/Txe190aw

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/
soulsplanner.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub
>Full Soundtrack
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B66vvDQ_rAMyS29wdTR6ajZsczQ
>Useful PvP data
docs.google.com/document/d/1eKXbdEr6jnTG5DcMQX2qcMlsmYQ8hO6Sl3-sySYpHR4/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/FiDXYjfs

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/Rtb5w9yS

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/tehcGm75

>BLOODBORNE
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU
Bloodborne discussion is welcome here, but you'll get more help in their general: >KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>COMMUNITY
Discord: discord.gg/C3AX2Hk
Steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PA7qpKV0adc
youtube.com/watch?v=OYPOk6H-lsg
youtube.com/watch?v=OYPOk6H-lsg&feature=youtu.be
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/WebM
mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/254462
youtu.be/0aMr4oDwmZU
soulsplanner.com/darksouls2
youtube.com/watch?v=dt7Ywapn27M
nexusmods.com/darksouls/mods/1239/?
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He posted the pvp webm again

Is that SaintRiot or just one of his fanboys?

Why does pic related look so good?

It's from his most recent upload. Doesn't talk about special invader techniques or anything, but he does talk about the process of gitting gud at invasions.
youtube.com/watch?v=PA7qpKV0adc

youtube.com/watch?v=OYPOk6H-lsg
Helps to link your own video properly.

youtube.com/watch?v=OYPOk6H-lsg&feature=youtu.be

Repostin cause new thread. Here I go killin' again. I love Spear of the Church invasions. Makin an actual invasion vid next. Feel free to criticize me as usual, you guys usually have great feedback. Wanton insults are welcome too, that's how we get thicker skin. I will state that this effort is mostly to learn video editing in general and for creative fun.

Known Critiques:
-Sound Equalization (for headphone users?)
-Less song cuts in first few fights
-More pyromancy, more uncuts of longer fights to show strategy

I probably could if I wasn't an imbecile.

Just warning you now, people might start noting "avatarfagging" and the like since you're posting a picture of the same character with each of your posts. I'd personally recommend just using text.

You guy looks like my guy if he was a peasant.

Yeah I use alot more pyromancy in the uncuts of the multi-person fights. I will have to showcase more free aims in the future. Good looks.
Don't worry, I respect the image limit. I'm an oldfag, I've been here all summer.

It's the variety of colors, the scarf around the neck and the leather glove on the right hand.

It's just too bad that the colors are washed out to hell in DaS3.

>Captcha: Drive Ford
Gee Google, thanks for reminding me about how shitty my truck looks.

Does the normal knight set have decent poise? I like it.

Anything has enough poise if you believe in yourself, user.

If the other dude is using one-handed attacks and you're wielding at least a greatsword? Yes.

If you're facing other dudes that are two-handing their shit? Only if you're wielding an ultra weapon trading against smaller shit.

Hahah you’re a faggot :DD

I don't support advertising your social media on Veeky Forums, but good luck with whatever you're doing.

I can see the resemblance.

Post your Ashen Ones guys.

This one made it into the last collage.

ahhhhhhhhh, ya got me.
lmao, I'm not tryna build a "brand" bruh, I'm never gonna monetize a video or start a twitter account. Advertising implies I have something to gain when I'm just sharing.

Think this is my pyro build

Cleric, pretty simple but I like it

Post thingies.

Points for creativity, but the glowing orange eyes are kind of cringey.

the idea behind it was 'demonic butcher' and it USED to stand out a bit with the black phantom and aldrich phantom shader, not so much anymore, no idea why.

Just haven't bother to change it because it's not really noticeable except up close like this. plus it fits with the theme

Stop taking fashion pics with HUD on and embers active on non-fire themes.
Fucking retards it's so easy, why would you go through all the effort of posing for a screenshot then not do this?

>manage to do something fancy for once and recorded it
>can't make webms
And I thought I did something good for once.

>literal autism

wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/WebM

Just convert your clip with an online webm maker. It's not rocket science m8.

Anybody know of some light silvery pieces that would go well with the knight helm/chest piece? I really want to not fatroll without needing havel's ring.

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/254462

youtu.be/0aMr4oDwmZU

You guys really helped me improve this vid and make a version I feel has much better coherence. Thanks.

If you're going to use the helm and chestpiece together, may as well finish it off with the gauntlets.

>rapport
Boy do I have something fun for you to try out if you want. Do you know the mimic above the pontiff boss room? You can lure it outside into the pontiff dueling spot, wait for invaders, and then cast rapport on it to use it as a pet.

Best backup your save in case the mimic dies.

I know of a similar trick at pontiff but its a fucking pain in the ass.

I wanna use the whole set but its too heavy. I need lighter pieces.

I understood absolutely nothing and it took multiple sites to find one that would actually work with my file since it's apparently M4A instead of MP4. I don't know shit about that kind of stuff. Thanks mates!
Also I've only been learning how to R1 and WA swap for the past hour or so, that's why I'm really bad at it and it's not in an actual fight.
I really need a better starter weapon for this since I don't have the stats for the Aquamarine Dagger.

It's actually kind of surprising just how many powerful enemies are vulnerable to Rapport. You can cast it on Cathedral K***hts, Corvian K***hts, Millwood K***hts and even Pus of Man, so if you're creative you can turn all sorts of enemies into your minions to rudely surprise invaders (or hosts that use Seed).

>respec hollow build
>it's shit
>quality hollow weapon barely stronger than refined build, if it's stronger, but with retarded luck points that contribute jack shit to bleed build up
>can't justify it on even D/C;C/D weapons
>say fuck it and just dump 99 points into Faith out stale meta frustration
>Blessed LKGS I carry for lulz says it's cruising at over 800 AR
>wut
>lightning Exile Blade is over 700 AR
>start burning through lightning gem stockpile and take a grip of lightning weapons over to Rosaria (we all know Blessed is a joke when it's not a gimmick)
>slot them in 3 at a time to look at the Faith scaling
>it's still scaling at 3 AR per point at 99 Faith

Is this a glitch? No other infusion has these kinds of returns with investment that deep.

Are you censoring the 'nig' in 'knight'?

LKGS with lightning is a monster

please do further testing user.
im getting bored of using nothing but SunStraitSword on my faith build.

Just tested the Frayed Blade slash against a Ghru. 590 damage. I'm pleased with it.

Why is the Farron Greatsword an UGS instead of a normal greatsword?

I think it's superior as Blessed than as Lightning. Blessed has more AR overall, and the physical chunk of Blessed is larger than the lightning chunk of Lightning. I would also make the argument that min/maxing meta fags never wear heavy armor with high physical resistance, and hitting them in the face with shit pile weapon like LKGS infused with a shit pile gem like Blessed for 90% of their health is super satisfying.

>actually go through the effort to pose your bland ugly ass characters, screen-shot, then upload to a basket weaving forum
>too lazy to take 3 seconds to throw off HUD or equip untrue dark ring when applicable
half-assing one autistic thing is even more autistic than the thing itself
you're too autistic to autism correctly, they give helmets to people like that

I did mostly heavy weapons because I get a kick out of staggering bosses, but I can confirm that Broadsword gets the same scaling; so I would assume that all straight swords would as well.

I think it’s the dual wielding with the dagger.

You must be the guy that was arguing that 49 virtual Dex was infinitely worse than 50 virtual Dex yesterday.

stats do not matter, it's about how good you look
so do not shit up the general same-set wearing embered trash with HUD on

don't even fucking play with HUD you pussy

Is there a patient user on PS4 that will help me with a bit of damage testing?
I need to do some precise inputs so it might take some effort for me to get things rolling.

How's my build for farron keep, cathedral invasions?
K***ht
Sl35
30vig
19end
Base stats for everything else
Raw +3 broadsword
Raw +3 mace

May as well strap on a PChain and be done with it.

>+3
I thought the breakpoints were multiples of 2

He's using regular Titanite upgraded weapons. He can upgrade Twinkling and Scale weapons up to +1 and stay at that matchmaking level.

I thought it was that with +3 you can find people with +2 and +4.
Ill just make a new character then I guess, what soul level and upgrade would be ideal for for that area

I dont feel like suffering through the entire game as sl30 +2

Get someone to drop one for you then.

>implying i have friends

i need a new souls like game. so sad rn

If you play on PC or PS4, you'll always have friends here.

edgy reindeer trying to hide his anorexic self with bulky armour

I have xbox

Is dex really a meme in Ds3?

After some further testing, every single katana barring the Frayed Blade will do a parry which can be followed up by their WA. In O&U's case, it will parry and if you follow up with WAR1, you will do the spin combo.
Sadly having two Frayed Blades doesn't make them combo the same move. It will go strong slash and then into the normal WAR2 for the second Frayed Blade.

idk about being a meme, but my first and current dex build feels very strong compared to my str and fth characters.
Old demon king went down in about a minute for me

I need the

Pure STR/DEX were a fucking meme before the infusion changes, now they're really good. Hell, LKGS and AGS are best used on dex now. by pure dex I mean 80 of it btw

Dude, language
it's a running gag to censor c**sen und*** k***hts, mainly because of how common those words are but are censored in names because from cannot into whitelisting

If you have the dark hand and/or a bandit's knife (better if you can get your ass through irithyll dungeon for propaned coal) you can somewhat easily kill dancer (quickstep is very forgiving) oceiros (meme'd on by medium shields) and then gundeer (meme'd on by parry shields)

is ead censored?

Dex is by far the best path for a fuckton of weapons.
Eat
A
Dick
I don't think anyone here even knew it was supposed to be an insult before they saw it on the censor list.

Yes.

Eat A Dick.

>CRC mismatch for Data5.bdt in DS3
What do, i really wanna play the game

that's really stretching it

I managed to get the first part of Gael's WA to chain into the CKGS except the CKGS used the latter part of the Rapier WAR1. I can't get it consistently so I can't be sure on what else can be attached.

What's the best setup for farming Giant Lord in DS2 for souls via Bonfire Ascetic? I gather that using spells is best, but I don't know shit about using magic in these games.

Try dark magic or a buffed Crypt Blacksword, since it's weak to dark. If you're watching your SM, use Dark Orb/Hail/Greatsword.
You could also just throw Crystal Soul Spears into it until it dies.
But then again, I don't know shit about using magic either. So many years and I still haven't and will not play a caster.
Cute picture, though.

Thanks user. I guess I'll go scour the Wikidot for what the best catalysts are and shit.

soulsplanner.com/darksouls2
Here's this. You can check the amount of elemental damage you're catalyst/chime can do. Just make sure to change the infusion.
Don't take my word for law, but I think Caitha's Chime was one of the best dark casting tools.

What are the items for GUTS cosplay?

Thanks user; I'll give that a look too.

W h i c h g a m e ?
Well, I'm guessing ds3 so

Golden Age Guts
>Sellsword armor minus turban
>Gutssword

Black Swordsman Guts
>Abyss Watcher minus helmet
>Gutssword
>repeating crossbow/avelyn with explosive bolts for arm cannon

Berserker armor Guts
>Outrider Knight armor
>Gutssword+wkgs(latter for the moveset)

ENB uploaded a lore video after a really long time. I can't even remember when was the last time. It's on DeS lore, pretty good if you ask me.

youtube.com/watch?v=dt7Ywapn27M

>world is finally dying
>faggot Chosen Poster goes and links the First Thread
>the cycle continues
Every time.

When is memezaki going to make a new painted world for me to play so I don't have to keep rotting with the rest of DS3

>nexusmods.com/darksouls/mods/1239/?

Thoughts

There are no "breakpoints" except maybe +6 (which matches up to +8 instead of +7). It's just that if you're using twinking/scale weapons, you'll be missing out on power on either the special (them being +1 effective +2 while your memory is +3) or on normal (special being +2 effective +4 while normal weapons are +3)

I don't really care about how much they stretch that, they can censor "meanie" for all I care. Why the hell would there not be a profanity filter option? A profanity filter in a game as edgy as souls is retarded anyway, why the fuck would there not be a way to disable it?

>ENB lore video
>opens up with him wearing the Mississippi State University hoodie
>mfw

But really, it's really good to see him come back more or less. Really missed him.

>golden age Guts
>gutsword
No. Ds1 Greatsword was an almost 1-1. Since we don't have that, AGS or zwei. Preferably zwei because stomp is more guts-y than charge
And don't forget herald/nameless knight helm. Btw, Berserker Guts can use the cannon too.
My preferred build is 28/10/30/30 dark GS with CBV for canon and seething chaos for bombs

>Scythe is now Bardiche
>BKH is now Black Knight Glaive
Autism.

>metal gauntlet in the shield hand
>leather glove in the sword hand
REEEEEEEEEEEEE

Weaponized autism is best autism. I for one get triggered every playthrough that I get the "SCYTHE"

he is left handed ;^)

Shields are not this magical wall that absorbs incoming energy, they just spread it. The shield arm still takes the brunt of the attack and needs to be well armored. Your sword hand should be behind your shield when not attacking
There are a lot of pleasing changes, like dragon torso giving 16 poise (56 with wolf ring)
>The Great Lord Greatsword now deals Fire damage, base damage 271 phys/150 fire fully upgraded, with 60% scalings in both Strength and Dexterity. It also visually sets itself on fire (not if in left hand)
>The Abyss Greatsword no longer has a Faith or Intelligence requirement. It also gives the Abysswalking effect, allowing the Chosen Undead to spare Sif, the Great Gray Wolf.
The Scythe is not a scythe though. And the BKH is not a halberd. From cannot into weapon names
Writing this I remembered the Estoc and ctrl+f'd it
>Swapped the movesets on the Estoc and Rapier.
This mod is a blessing

>3 divine blessings
>all classes start at SL1
>most of them still have needless points in resistance
These scream fucking why
But on the other hand
>added poise to all armors
>repairable crystal weapons
>transient curse having an icon
Seem like nice quality of life things

And then he just ruins all of that hard work and stat minmaxing by making black knight weapons guaranteed drops invalidating everything

They're not that washed out. The metal parts just don't shine as they did in DaS.

I dislike the Elite Knight set in DS2 and 3. Especially 2 shouldn't have even had the EK set desu.

Do people talk about Bloodborne here?

Sometimes, but it's usually better to discuss Bloodborne in /bbg/ . I'm one of the crossposters who's happy talk about BB in either general but some people get antsy about Bloodborne being discussed here for some reason.

Is the arm the only vulnerable spot of the curserotted greatwood after the fall?
I just fail every time killing him