Is this Veeky Forums approved?

Is this Veeky Forums approved?

How do I stop eating out of the trash can of ideology?

get a minimum wage job and you'll be able to eat at McDonald's, commushit

Ideologies usually present you half the perspective of a complex issue so just make sure to hear out both sides of the argument and then narrow down on a balance that is actually workable

yes. absolute masterpiece

Then, how does one stop being a centrist?

Why would one need to stop being a centrist?

I wouldn't take every Zizek says 100%, but I do agree with a lot of the stuff he says in this

Being a centrist doesn't mean being correct.

By actually taking an stance in a subject, like Zizek did when he endorsed Trump, by recognizing that Hillary was worst, despite the ideological discrepancies he has with the right.

And i agree with him on that point.
I'm just hesitant to take a hard stance on some issues, particularly economic ones, mostly because i feel i don't know enough to make the best decision.

Easy example being, how much to tax the rich?
Sure, i'd like to tax the bastards more, but they'll just cut their costs (fire people).

If you hesitate on a point because you fear the repercussions, deal with the repecussions first.

Assure that the investors, can't fire people, demand reparations for the people fired, or find them a new job, that pays the same.

Many policies don't do that, cause they are motivated by ideological reasons, so they just respond to the ideological demands, and not the actual situation.

It doesn't necessarily mean you would fall on the center in most issues, depending on how much you understand the interrelatedness of the concepts you might think that a particular issue requires an approach which would be considered right wing but other areas don't.

The point is to not only be considering one aspect of the problem like ideologues often do

Presumptuous af but not without its value

Bump

This isn't what Zizek means by ideology at all by the way, he is using it in a marxist way

What is the Marxist definition of ideology?

The preconceived notions that govern our perception of reality

>Get a minimum wage job and you'll be able to eat at McDonald's, commushit

He wrote a whole book on it, so it's not easy to sum up quickly, but it basically boils down to the unconscious assumptions you automatically make that structure your view of reality

I know, my centrists question was purely referring to
>hear out both sides of the argument and then narrow down on a balance

Yeah, i maybe mass misquoted too much, but most people seemed to be misinterpreting in the thread.

*sniff* the book itself is relatively benign *sniff* but Zizek does get into some relatively good arguments about what ideology is and what ideology means and so on. *sniff*

[FACE TOUCHING FROM OVERT COKE USE INTENSIFIES]

And so on...

false consciousness

do you not know what overt means, or is that part of the meme?

also it's a movie, as you could tell from the "a film by sophie fiennes" tagline

>being so deep down the commie hole you don't know how to take a joke
Send yourself to Gulag, comrade.

being a centrist doesn't mean being wrong either.