Should I buy gold?

Should I buy gold?

A small amount has its uses in a portfolio.

Gold skyrockets whenever there is a catastrophe or terrorist attack or global anything.

Yes

/thread

wtf? proof?
with ww3 incoming im interested

you rly are retard

ok, point and call me stupid, now pls, explain?

My financial advisor says it would be a good idea to slowly start getting some gold at my current net worth (~70k), and I admit, I like the idea of having some coins and bars sitting around, just to be shiny.

But what about paper gold?

I'm thinking about doing the whole sell in may, go away thing with most of my stocks, but putting some into virtual gold short term. Any reccomended gold ETFs? Maybe also some minor mining companies as a gamble, for if Syria blows up hard?

I never understood this meme. Like I get you use it as a hedge in a down market, but there are so many portfolio allocations that recommend maybe 2% in gold that it just doesnt do much to actually hedge. I think all precious metals in a portfolio are fucking retarded.

You can look into what happened with gold in 2008.

Well, if everything goes *poof*, you still got your gold. Also, you can easily move or inherit it without the taxman knowing about it, the latter becoming more important the older you get.
dont know the exact numbers, but most recommendations say that you should have almost no gold when you are young (because you'd rather take risks to grow your value) and more when you get older, because you are supposed to have something that's worth keeping/protecting.
And you do that gradually. A coin or bar here and there, collected over the years… instead of: Hm, now im 60, I gotta buy 100k worth of gold NOW!

>falling for the metallic jew

That reminds me I robbed a gold Cuban link off a drug dealer, anybody want to buy it for 2000? I don't like gold jewelery

Imagine if you were a Venezuelan before SUPER-MARXISM2.0 came along, or a relatively wealthy but not mega wealthy Syrian doctor 10 years ago, or an upper middle class Greek in 2005, or a middle class Russian in 1916 etc.

If you were the above and most of your money was invested in local business or the local stock market then you would have been royally screwed.

If you held a little physical gold then you could run.

Also, you can pass on the gold to your children without inheritance tax which is a major tax in lots of countries (ie 35% in UK)

bump.

a small amount doesn't matter much.
you need about 10% for it to count as a hedge at least and holding that much is pants on head retarded most of the times.

>what does
>how do
>explain
1/3

2/3

3/3

Gold falls during times of peace, and raises during times of strife or war

Investing in gold is investing in destruction and death

kys op, you maniac

gold's value tends to move down in good times and up in bad times, so its a good hedge. i think its overvalued right now desu but if it manages to fall before the bubble crashes you should invest

And after the brexit vote

But then look at the Trump effect. Strange isnt it?