/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!

/sthg/ #1048 - >Bing Bing Wahoo Edition

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ReIKoPrx5u8
youtube.com/watch?v=YulJWy1Wq7Y
youtube.com/watch?v=-9cN1qIHwpk
metacritic.com/game/switch/sonic-forces/critic-reviews
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Daily reminder that Ken Penders did nothing wrong and is the true creator of Knuckles and is the savior of the Sonic series.

*Supers together*

First for Silver a cute!
A cute!!

Nice try, Penders, but I live on as a canon OC and you had nothing to do with it

CEASE AND DESIST AT ONCE

I like Rouge's new? va but man is she sultry sounding. I love it

tails what are you doing

Posted him a couple of threads ago but now that I've unlocked more shit I tweaked it. How does muh birb look?

>I AM NOT WEAK
>UURAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH

Is that pose reference? I THINK it's a reference.

He's checking out Sonic's ass (both classic and modern) and has become visibly aroused.

I just thought the outstretched arms fit the bird character

Good op

Gloves are an odd choice but he's like the one Buddy that actually looks like the new recruit rookie type. So pretty good

Yeah the gloves, I just thought the baby blue color looked nice so I kept them rather than just the default white

kissu

lewd, translateanon where are you.

Tails no

Positioning himself for a punch to the face.

Hey guys, I still love Sonic the Hedgehog! What about you?

Fuck off
I actually do like forces. It's not amazing but it's fun and playable

Me too Amy

>dead cat in the op
>

Translation when? Translatoranon, please do also the one I requested from you, pretty please!

As a fan of the character it was actually nice to see Silver doing something and interacting with other characters again

If Infinite is stronger than Sonic why does Sonic win every encounter that's actual gameplay and not a cutscene?

in this case it's actually justifiable that Infinite is so fucking cocky that he underestimates Sonic and the Avatar after he's got it in his head that he's unstoppable. the only times Infinite has the advantage involve pulling out a surprise attack or catching the target off-guard, and that's only at the start and after being put on the losing side of a fight

Same, it was really nice to see him being able to speak to others and I like that they tried to give him a bit of time to shine vs Infinite (even if it was brief). He got to do more than everyone except for Shadow. I'm happy they care about him.

ffs just admit that sonic has plot armor up the ass already

because hes weak

he's the protagonist, he basically has to win in the end for a series not invested in long-term consequences
besides, it doesn't help that Infinite is kind of retarded to the point that even Eggman gets sick of his ego and overconfidence in presuming Sonic of all people is too weak to bother with

me too, my nigga

Speaking of Silver, does he go home at the end of Forces? Doesn't he say something like "there's lots left to do around here?" or something? Is he going to stick around with Sonic and friends?
Sonic is the protagonist so he does have to win, the problem is that Sonic's plot armor can be a bit ridiculous at times.

The script said so.

Thanks

Remember to have a good breakfast, /sthg!/

The way they were treating him I just assumed he decided to hang around in the present

The Chao garden was a project of one specific programmer, so when he left the company (and sega lost the original code as they always do) that was it.

If you think about it, the world would be fucked if Silver didn't knock that prototype ruby from Infinite.

Yeah, I got the exact same impression. I wonder what that will mean for future games if that's the case?
Please don't bully Silver's ghost girlfriend like this.

Silver came back to the past because his future was fucked up again, this time by the Phantom Ruby. Considering they just beat Eggman, he's probably helping clean up the leftover mess and is helping rebuild so that his future is slightly less crappy than it normally is when he goes back where he finds out that Eggman Nega has fucked everything up in the future again while he was gone

(You)
(You) destroyed my squad
I'll show you why they call me the ULTIMATE mercenary
TAKE THIS

It felt like the first time they ever use his character seriously to me, since the events of 06 retconned itself and Rivals and Generations just felt like references to 06.

>The Chao garden was a project of one specific programmer, so when he left the company (and sega lost the original code as they always do) that was it.
I always hear this but I can never find an actual source to it.

True but how long is he gonna stick around for? He might stay for a good while before going back. That's kind of the way it felt to me.
Well shit. Can Silver ever catch a break? Everything always turns out terrible for him.
This is actually true.
To be fair, they haven't really used any characters seriously (or at all) since 06. This is also the first time we get to see Shadow in action in over a decade.

Punished Tails/Sonic when?

>This is also the first time we get to see Shadow in action in over a decade.
Yeah, I remembered first playing as him and using the boost then realizing "wait, is this the first time we have been able to play as Shadow in a boost game?"

>when Sonic doesn't have plot armor to save him

It's insane how time flies like that, how long it's been since we've been able to do things like playing as anyone except Sonic or see the other characters.
I'm praying that despite what people are saying about Forces, Sonic Team will see the positive response to Shadow being playable as future incentive to include other characters again.
>
So did Sonic's plot armor only become truly impenetrable after 06?

>plot armor
Plot armor is usually to refer to characters that survive extreme bullshit because the plot needs them to survive. Taking beatings or so forth isn't plot armor. Sonic gets smacked around by Infinite, even when he and the Avatar do win their respective boss encounters since Infinite basically just cheapshots them and shows he was holding back.

Plot armor would be to have Sonic's defeat at the beginning of the game end less ambiguously by literally blowing him up, only to reveal he survived miraculously. Sort of like with Boom: Rise of Lyric, where the game starts with Sonic getting blasted before dialing back in media res, and it turns out the robots firing at Sonic only shot the ground out of poor marksmanship the entire time for no real good reason. That's plot armor.

A reminder that this is how you fix Sonic. You dump the slow rat and get a real protag.

youtube.com/watch?v=ReIKoPrx5u8

Infinite just needed reassurance and a hug.

It's hard to buy Buddy as some meek, low self esteem rookie in the cutscenes when the actual stages have the character running around like an experienced action hero with incredible zip line skills.

I want to writefag up Infinite breaking off from Eggman and going on a mission of personal vengeance against Shadow, using Rouge as bait

I go the middle route for both.

Humble hero

Buddy tries but knows he's not in the same league as Knux and crew.

They should've put in a training/tutorial section instead of just throwing him into an important mission. Or at least said he trained.

I know you get fairly late in the game, but man is the Void wispon broken, It's the only one I use now

shit, you can make Scourge?
is there any other interesting characters you can recreate in this game?

Someone tried to make Sonic's mom from the comics.

he's literally in the same league as sonic

I want to steal his mask.

This, He's fast enough to keep up with sonic

It's fun, but burst still feels like the best offensively since you can switch directions while firing so quickly, which void needs a moment to fire again.
Drill is best for getting out of bounds though.

Heh, but seriously, how would *Beep-Beep* try to teach flat cat and innocent rat about "Bing bing wahoo", so their ship finally lose Permavirgins title? Had a thoughts of drawing that, actually, and thread edition is fitting...

Bunnie was done, without metal parts obviously. Bernadette too as said. But for now people mostly do random oc's for the first and lacking of unlockable costumes playthroughts

That and they get a unique power up together. He just has self esteem problems holding him back.

Void has the ability to grab rings which helps for ranking

Any animators here who'd like to do a short lewd with audio? I can provide the audio.

fuck off

Is there a better way to grind your avatar to get more custom parts?

You can't grind, you can only do the challenges laid out for you.

>Scourge
His name is Evil Sonic

Rude.

Depends on which one of them goes to who for advice. Maybe something like;
Silver talks to Shadow
>"Here's exactly what you have to do to be a man. Don't fuck it up."
>"Can we start over again from the beginning?"
Silver talks to Rouge
>Rouge plays with him for a bit and holds him down in a "hey kid wanna /ss/?" manner while asking him what he wants to know. Ends up giving him good advice and head pats because she thinks the whole thing is cute

Blaze talks to Shadow
>"This is the process involved, it's quite simple really" he explains as Blaze blushes but thanks him for the logical explanation
Blaze talks to Rouge
>Rouge goes in to vivid and rigorous detail of exactly what she should do while giving her tips and recalling stories of her own sex life as well as asking Blaze very intimate and personal questions as Blaze dies from embarrassment

>Had a thoughts of drawing that, actually, and thread edition is fitting...
Please. It would be amazing.

Everything HAS to turn out terrible for him. If there's a good future in store, he has no reason to be in the game.

youtube.com/watch?v=YulJWy1Wq7Y

>Shadow's advice to Silver
Very technical, goes in great detail what to do and how to make most of it, but if asked how it feels it just leaves him in thought and distant.
>Rogue's advice to Blaze
Mostly just gossiping about her sexual conquests and telling to "trust her gut" when it comes to things like these. She probably teases most of it, but in the end manages to drop a real, genuine advice that actually helps.

>Sonic
>only one exit to each level

He really needs a hug or something at this point. He deserves that at the least.

>Virgin the hedgehog
>Super Chadio World

Hover feels like a shotgun and it's power is pretty handy.

>Mortar Canyon
I AM A FUCKING MISSILE AND NO ONE CAN STOP ME
youtube.com/watch?v=-9cN1qIHwpk

>Asking Shadow
He'd get annoyed at the familiarity inherent to the question, but his incisive criticism would result in real improvement. Not a whole lot in the way of confidence-boosting, though.

>Asking Rouge
She's a giant flirt and tease, but she'd dance around the point to the very end. She wouldn't give all that much advice, but her cavalier attitude might help drive off the butterflies.

>Asking both at once
Rouge would take over and spend the whole time making fun of Shadow. Not much would be gained, I'm afraid.

My first take on Rouge. Hope you'll like it.

metacritic.com/game/switch/sonic-forces/critic-reviews
>Switch Player: 70/100
>Game Informer: 65/100
>Nintendo Enthusiast: 65/100
>Areajugones: 65/100
>Nintendo Life: 60/100
>Hobby Consolas: 57/100
>Destructoid: 55/100
>Cubed3: 50/100
>Meristation: 50/100
>Polygon: 50/100

What went wrong?

Awww cute! Good job user.

Excellent.

>Metacritic still mattering

It's a mediocre game.

So, basically, it results in success only if cool-headed logical Blaze asks serious straight-to-point Shadow while innocent sensible Silver asks flirty chatty Rouge? Heh, it already sounds like a fun interaction by itself

Cute the Bat

What if Sally

And the rest of the Freedom Fighters finally died?

>Comparing Sonic 1, which is pure and only has Sonic and Eggman
>To Mario World, the origin of P-Balloon inflation and Yoshi, who is more disgusting fetish fuel and has worse OCs than anything from Sonic
Being the origin of the haha smelly eggs dinosaur Yoshi makes any argument against Sonic 1 automatically invalid.

>Yoshi Wolf
>mfw

Now let's combine the fandoms.
Yoshi/Tails hybrid. I bet there's something out there.

1/2