/ink/ - Splatoon General

Last thread: Redirect to current thread: splatoon.ink/ink/
- Splatoon 2 Map Schedules: splatoon2.ink/
- Booru: booru.splatoon.ink/

> News
- Next JP Splatfest is karaage with vs. without lemon! From November 11, 3pm JST to November 12, 3pm JST.
- Warm breakfast has won the latest EU Splatfest!
- Miiverse has shut down on Nov 7th, ending its in-game functionality in Splatoon for Wii U.
- Inkbrush Nouveau releases tonight at 9pm EST! Sub: ink mine, Special: baller

> Patch notes
- en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27028/~/how-to-update-splatoon-2

> Big S2 Gear & Weapon list (contains unreleased weapons)
- leanny.github.io/splat2/

> List of possible main abilities for gear from Splatnet so far (contains unreleased gear)
- docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18ip1HahYq8DRZRgSEXoRqa915aThLXPb79AFF91HCe4/edit#gid=0

> Resources
- pastebin.com/6UaR6zHL

> Wiki
- splatoonwiki.org/

> Loadout planner with weapons, gear, abilities, and stat calculations
- loadout.ink/

> Add your FC to the list of FC below:
- docs.google.com/forms/u/0/d/e/1FAIpQLSfrpLqYcIcxHjNbeVoBql4HDGqUseArmbUePz71gXqBgHlHtA/viewform?usp=sf_link

> List of FC:
- docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y-zt8u4va5GuDYnX_ToKfRUFRHu-1izMtE6ifaRK4II/edit?usp=sharing

> Splatoon 1 Artbook
- archive.org/details/TheArtOfSplatoon

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/T4P66mvaCtM
splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/167344314414/good-news-the-next-splatfest-is-almost-here-and
youtu.be/3YtIs4SSKDE
strawpoll.me/14369908
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Hoodrat is faster than Speedy this day!

Post yfw you aren’t a Hydrafag

Finger a Woomy!

>You can now check thr SR schedule on the app
Fucking, finally.

Add gloogafag and tetrafag to the list.

I think I know why people are getting burnt out on Splatoon. I haven't touched a common shooter like Splattershot or Nzap for literally years, and today I broke that. Holy shit they are both so boring to play yet so effective. Both small arms and 3-liners are much more engaging, nevermind other weapon classes with clear upsides and downsides.

They need to do something about default slosher strafe speed

Callie is the biggest fucking dyke oh my god.

They weren't affected by run speed in 1, so they were nerfed in transition. Except nobody sane would use run speed on a slow gun because gains are tiny compared to fast ones.

Run Speed 96 isn't that bad honestly

Its speed goes from shit to slightly less shit. Compare go H3 that goes from meh to good and DS that goes from good to fucking rocketship.

Speedy Woomy is fairly early!

Speedy Woomy accidentally sets her phone to "vibrate" instead of "silent"!

Fun fact: the Jr. and Tentatek are the only weapons in the shooter and dualie classes that have Splat Bombs.
Shooter/Dualies + Splat bomb is OP in this game, and the Custom Dualie Squelchers are going to be MUCH better than people think.

I want to force Speedy to orgasm over and over again while she tearfully begs to stop!

You know the other fact? Forge, Nzap and MG are the only three shooters with suction bomb. There won't be any new ones. One of them is a shitty version of another now, and third one just plain sucks because it can't ink at all. Where's my kit diversity?

You talking shit about my bubbles?

No, I'm talking shit about a gun that cripples its team's turf control as much as something like Range Blaster does, while not providing nearly as much offense.

Hoodrat was earlier than Speedy this time.

>kier adding his guro shit to the booru
can we not

Good morning

Is tenacity any good?

how do we delete it

On survivable things, and together with special charge up.

I finally unlocked my main, the Splash-o-Matic. Should I change my shoes?

Anons I think that the area of the square that is blocked off will be unblocked later in an update, there are shops there that we might get access to later. What do you think? I've thought this since the beginning but there's no sign of them being opened up yet.

You should change your entire fucking loadout, flamingo. Save this one for Dynadong or Pro and go with literally any other ability.

Splash is trash.
It's mediocre compared to the Enperry dualies, which are a straight upgrade, and absolute shit compared to the Tentatek. Don't even get me started on it's sub weapon.

S1 Splash O main here, you really don't need that much ISM since that gun is ink efficient as hell, consider getting Run Speed or Special Charge. And yeah change the shoes, they aren't even fresh.

Why is Ink Jet so shit

I mained Splash in S1. My other mains in this game include Krakon Roller and Forge Splattershot Pro. Is this load out better for those? I’m going to work on getting better shoes. Is run speed, swim speed or ink recovery better?

t. never used Splash
The two guns you mentioned are meh at turfing, especially Tenta, whereas Splash is a turfing god. It's also like Pro and has faster bullets and better accuracy, so it's easier to use and after about one line it outdoes Tenta, just like Pro outdoes .96 at range; Enperries get rekt even before that because lol akimbo accuracy. The kit is the weakest point of Splash.

I planned to main splash myself, but then I decided to compare it to something like the dualies, and found zero reason to keep using it.

Slash kit is absolute garbage right now

When the neo comes out it will be the master at turf control like it once was

Because you don't want to keep turf control. Splash exists for those who want to keep shit inked because that's half of what makes you win, whereas murderous battlecods on their team (like you) go satisfy their bloodlust which is the other half of success.

For a Forge SSP you definitely want ISM, but you need to work on getting a pure ISM, I recommend that red shirt.
Run Speed and Swim Speed are good, however you're going to feel the affect of a single pure Run Speed over that of a single pure Swim Speed, so you want to build 2 Swim Speed items and 1 Run Speed item.
Ink Recovery Up does not do a lot for you, but it's useful if you spend a lot of time in Kid form and can't go back to squid, this is in referral to fighting on top of some grates like on Kelp Dome.
If you're using Splash:
>Run Speed, Swim Speed x2, and maybe Special Charge
For Forge:
ISM, Run Speed, Special Charge

Enperrys are JUST as good as splash when it comes to turfing.

Wait for neo. Default kit is not good. Inkjet got nerfed badly and Poison mist feels pretty much out of place. It is good for blaster to get a direct on a slowed foe. It is good for squelcher because of the range. But not on this kit.
And I personally am bad at using inkjet.

There are gaps throughout its turf just like the NZap

Wrong. ISS, ISM and OS is a must. Better have 1m/3s IR also because that weapon does not cover turf at one's feet well. Other than that - what you feel best for you. I found IRU a good thing to have around.

Swim speed is way overrated around here.

No they are not. A lot of people try to sell me on "Oh, Splattershot/Nzap/Dualies/Sploosh/Dapples/new Aero ink so well", they are all wrong. Splash is baisically accurate pre-nerf Aero, whereas Dualies are spottier than Nzap.

>Swim speed is way overrated around here

People here have label swim speed a meme for months.

I guess in the end it all comes down to preference.
Personally, I think that the bad outweighs the good in Splash compared against something like the Enperry dualies.

The current splash for sure.

But why? Have that Gambit If you wand to rush the objective. Other than that one juperjumps more frequent that swim long distances around. And swim speed ability gain is nonexistent while swimming short distances.

Splash-O-Matic will never be good again. Suction Bomb Rush was its only good quality.

But Neo has one.

Test Woomy has arrived!

Special might change though

And bomb launcher in this game isn't as good as the launcher in S1

The only really bad thing about it is Mist, and it's bad on eveey weapon so it is grounds for Ninty-style surprise overbuff. Otherwise it's really competent.
Swim speed affects acceleration much more than it does top speed, so it's quite the opposite- short-distance gains are the biggest.

Bomb Rush spam was the only enjoyment I ever had out of the first game. For that reason I refuse to get this one.

But burs bomb is a solid sub too.
Unchanged Neo looks very good.

youtu.be/T4P66mvaCtM

You also don't build special from bombs that are launched during bomb rush so no back to back bomb rush

So lame

splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/167344314414/good-news-the-next-splatfest-is-almost-here-and

How do people listen to this trash

youtu.be/3YtIs4SSKDE

I predict a bunch of reddit and memey posts

>NA with a great theme

Fuck yeah

>US gets this
>EU has had two boring fests in a row
just end my life

Oh this is tough

Huh? I'll put it to a test once more.
Yet a thing like SRU or something looks better than SSU for close to medium range encounters.
Perhaps it's not the playstyle I am familiar with. What is the exact point.

We're traveling the stars and sexing green aliens right /ink/?

I don't like either of these options

>not traveling unknown lands and sexing green orcs

God dammit.
This feels like a perfect split for me, I love science-y shit, but at the same time I also love anything medieval, not to mention green is my favourite colour.
What do I do?
Winning team will have my full support right here: strawpoll.me/14369908

>Sci Fi
>has to be grounded in reality
>bulk of it is just space travel and space politics
>tons of forgettable boring planets
>overall theme is the same thruought the genre

>Fantasty
>HUGE scope
>not limited to medieval stuff, can take place in modern day and even the future
>LOTR and Pokemon and even Xenoblade count as fantasy, as well as almost all anime minus mecha
>magic, summons, monster girls
>is the genre Disgaea fits in

The choice is clear, this is Marina's win.

>pearl keeps getting my favorite choices
>marina keeps getting my favorite colors

>Fantasy
>just fantasy

>Sci Fi
>Go into the matrix if you want to live a fantasy life
>Best of both worlds

this tbqh. Don't be a Sci-Fi shitter, lads

POST SCI FI

Orcs are ugly as sin though.

>Same day USM comes out
fug, decisions are hard

THIS IS ACTUALLY A DIFFICULT CHOICE, I LIKE BOTH SCI-FI AND FANTASY.

USM is shit, don't bother.

Listening to some sci-fi.

Splatoon is a Sci Fi game, think about it.

Most SciFi can be turned Fantasy and vice versa

shit is hard man

I choose Fantasy because magic and shit but then you have people like Abra Kadabra who uses technology to do magical feats well before he gained true sorcery.

Tony even says magic is just a science he has yet to understand

>questioning things in scifi
>It's magnets! Or maybe it's quantum levitation? What if they made high-temp superconductors to do this awesome thing? Dude this future is amazing
>question stuff in fantasy
>it's just magic lol
And that's before we dive into aesthetics.

So this boils down to the past vs the future

EU AND NA SPLATFESTS THE SAME THEY SAID
WE WOULD GET SHITTY FESTS TOO THEY SAID

Gonna have to go with fantasy.

Hard Science Fiction is rooted heavy in actual scientific theory. Those stories go out their way to maintain scientific accuracy.

post the woomy you most wanna get vored by

Fantasy can take place in any time period, Magical Girl shows, which take place in modern day, are fantasy.
The instant you realize "Fantasy" means more than swords and dragons, and is a lot more general than that, you realize Sci-Fi is terribly limited in comparison.

You're literally gay if you don't fight for this

This is just Star Wars/Strar Trek vs Harry Potter/Lord of the Rings

See that character alot but literally no idea who she is

user why did you post a picture of my girlfriend

Star Wars is fantasy, though.

STAR WARS>GAME OF BORES
FIGHT ME, NERDS

Marina is obsessed with technology. Why the fuck would she not be team sci-fi?

Can fantasy have lasers n' sheit?
I think my biggest issue is that whenever I see a movie I always try and figure out how things work, but at the same time I don't like alien movies.
Should I just base this around what sci fi is like generally? I mean, I loved the Time Machine but I hated Space Battles. Space Walk is pretty okay, though

>discord fags derailing the thread for a shit girl

Both those things suck.

I'm torn between loving nier automata, and my love of dark souls.

that's what fantasycucks say.
clearly the theme is Science Fiction vs Medieval Fantasy, hence the knight

She grew up in a place seemingly created by literal gods who roamed the earth.

But Star Wars is just a typical knight story, but with laserbeams.