What are the best credit cards to have?

What are the best credit cards to have?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/enT5-fMvKKg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

american express centurion card

none, credit is debt and people in debt are slaves to their debtors. it is the mark of the beast as people who die in debt ultimately go to hell.

>not using credit to your advantage
Stay pleb in hell.

As for OP, the Amex Blue Cashback has no annual fee, gives 3% back on groceries, 2% back on gas, and 1% on everything else.

One that gives cash back.

I get about $200 free per year with mine.

It's only debt if you use the card as a loan.

If you spend what you have, then pay the bill every month, it's simply a debit card that is paid monthly.

Oh and...

You get perks
You get fraud protection
You build credit

The ONLY reason to have a debit card is if you have no self control

>Not a prime member
>Get an email saying "we have automatically upgraded your amazon card to allow 5% cash back"
>Its legit
This happens apparently

I have a Discover card that gives 1-5% cashback (varies by monthly category). I can spend the cashback on gift cards that give me about 10-20% off from stores I regularly shop at (including gas and groceries).

Works out to effective cashback of 1.08-6.25%, depending on what I'm buying/cashing in on.

Been meaning to look around for a better deal, honestly.

is the amazon prime card good?

only reason i want it is because i shop almost exclusively at amazon. the cash back sounds great.

plus i can finance some of the more expensive stuff and pay it off in two or three payments instead of the sum.

Navy Fed Cash Rewards card.

You are retarded. Free money for buying things that Im going to buy anyway and paying off the card before interest accrues. Free credit. And worse turns to worst then I have a lifeline to survive.

Avoiding credit cards is like avoiding banks. You can convince yourself that you are right but thats not the same thing as being right.

>2+% cash back but requires discipline
>spend normally except use credit card instead of debit card/cash
>set spent money aside every time you make purchase
>pay off full balance at the end of the month that you have budgeted for
>gain credit and free cash
It's literally free money as long as you pay it off every month
Stay poor user

costco credit card is pretty good

I picked one up when I was hosting an event and need a lot of random bullshit. Even when I got 3% cash back, I was applying back credits quickly. I don't WANT to shop at Amazon for everything, because I know their warehouses are appearantly garbage, but everytime I call a store to see if they have certain shit they never do. Prime shipping feels great when you need last minute items too. I'm 5% eligible and already have a nice amount of chaseback.

It's also by Chase, and the Yellow edge around the card makes it stick out in your wallet (not that you'd use it outside of Amazon much)

God-tier lineup:

Chase Freedom and Discover with the 5% rotating categories

Chase Amazon for 3% on purchases (5% with Prime)

Amex Blue for 3% groceries and 2% gas (if you spend enough on groceries upgrade to premium for 6% groceries and 3% gas, do the math).

Bank of America for 3% gas if you don't have Amex Blue Premium

Citi DoubleCash for 2% on everything else.

This is everything you need.

Just wondering if I can manufacture spending and make passive income out of this ?

Is there any limit on amount of points or cashback you can get ?

Yeah I use the amazon prime and Amex blue preferred. I doubt I'll ever get any others don't like keeping up with a ton of transactions

Costco citi
4% gas all yr round
3% travel and restaurant

Chase Freedom
1-5% on certain category but you can transfer the points over to Chase Sapphire Preferred and book any flights for 25% off through Ultimate Reward.

Best 3 credit cards out there. Thr only thing I'm missing is a card that offer 2% for everything like the Citi double cashback.

>""""""""free""""""""
Don't be silly user. You are the one who ends up paying the credit card fees that partially get returned to you for cash back.

the irony of this picture being next to your post is palpable

I doubt it. Most have limits. Blue Preferred is $6k in grocery purchases per year. Freedom/Discover 5% is $1500 in purchases per quarter. Pretty sure Amazon and DC are unlimited but you'd have to figure out a system.

The people who pay with cash and debit are subsidizing the people who pay with credit.

How does that make you feel user?

How can American Express Platinum even compete?

Ehh not all Warehouse are bad user, just trust me and know they take special care too every specific package

shhh.. buy xcp

> You get perks
Do you know why you get perks? It isn't because the credit card companies are so kind and generous - it's because 87% of people get fines and pay interest each year.
> You get fraud protection
Oh wow! You mean that same exact thing that you get with any debit card? Radical!
> You build credit
Credit? Do you know what a FICA score is? It's a score that says how good you are at paying the banks money. Fuck that shit. I just got a 3.67% mortgage on my home with a 0 credit score. It's called manual underwriting, and its what they did before those bullshit scores existed. They fucking jizzed in their pants when they saw I've never owed anyone money.

> it's because 87% of people get fines and pay interest each year.
It's great to be part of that 13% that doesn't. I've had credit cards for a over a decade and never paid a single red cent.
>Oh wow! You mean that same exact thing that you get with any debit card? Radical!
Credit card protection is superior to debit card protection.
>It's called manual underwriting
Which some lenders won't do.

>Do you know why you get perks? It isn't because the credit card companies are so kind and generous - it's because 87% of people get fines and pay interest each year

What if you pay your credit card in full every month? Let the retards get jewed, doesn't matter to me.

Can you guys recommend me a credit card? Canada, Ontario. Age:18, this will be my first credit card, going to University in September

Citi double cash probably. Being 18, You won't be spending a ton on the rotating categories some cards have

that was the general view in my family i managed to slowly make them see the reality: credit cards are worth it on an individual level.

the only problem is collectively we would all be better off without them.

the only reason for fees that you don't get cards you don't plan on using. otherwise you get the fee back many many times.

> It's great to be part of that 13% that doesn't. I've had credit cards for a over a decade and never paid a single red cent.
You say that, I read "This systemic problem that's resulted in over 1 TRILLION DOLLARS IN DEBT IN AMERICA ALONE ($1,000,000,000,000) hasn't touched me YET. Lol, I'm so clever getting $10 from the bank and flyer miles that are impossible to use every year. This is how I'll become a millionaire!"
> Credit card protection is superior to debit card protection.
No it fucking isnt, it's literally exactly the same. It's not 'secretly under the table it's the same' - it's literally, ask anyone at your bank, read the agreements, word for word, the same.
> Which some lenders won't do.
Wow, tough one. How about this: Don't go to those fucking lenders then. Enough people do manual underwriting that it ISN'T AN ISSUE finding a place that does.

Why would anyone get this card??
$7500 starting fee, with $2500 yearly fee. Is this worth it for millionaires?

You're a shitstain. Kill yourself. Strawman argument for point one entirely.

>hasn't touched me YET
Nor do I see how it really could. Credit card debt isn't nearly the issue that the sub-prime mortgages were or the student loans potentially are.
>Lol, I'm so clever getting $10 from the bank and flyer miles that are impossible to use every year. This is how I'll become a millionaire!"
Why would I pass up free money? There is zero reason for me not to take it.
>No it fucking isnt, it's literally exactly the same
I'm sorry, but you're simply wrong. Look it up.
>Don't go to those fucking lenders then.
Why wouldn't I want to have every available option? It costs me nothing.
>Enough people do manual underwriting that it ISN'T AN ISSUE finding a place that does.
Except when it is. Except when you have fewer options to shop for. Except when you have to settle for sub-optimal terms.

What is your malfunction?

I have Citi Double Cash for 2% on everything. Chase Sapphire Reserve for 3% (in points) on travel and dining. The points get a 1.5x multiplier when booking through their portal, so it can be a good deal on flights.

>There is zero reason for me not to take it.
actually there are moral reasons. individually you benefit from cc but collectively we all get more expensive goods and services because of it.

that's the asshole thing about cc-s really. game theory up in our collective asses.

Get a card meant for students with SPC on it

I'm looking between the bmo SPC Cashback mastercard and the RBC Cashback mastercard. Would you guys recommend one over the other?

None. Dont bother. You will end up in debt more than likely. Im sitting under $8000 of debt from a card that was supposed to be only for emergencies.

Everyone says they wont let that happen but it happens.

You just gave in to the impulse

Did you have 8k in emergencies?

>a card that was supposed to be only for emergencies.
that is the stupidest shit i ever read about cc.

This.

Savings account or some other way to quickly access cash should be for emergencies. If you're relying on you're credit card for that, you fucked up.

Yeah, but what if I derive extra pleasure knowing that cashfags and debitfags are subsidizing my cc rewards? Maybe it's immoral, but it feels soooo good.

If you are one of the many low IQ posters on Veeky Forums, do not get a cc, as they have correctly pointed out you will get into trouble if you are stupid/impulsive enough to run a balance. Now, if you are smart, then no reason not to take free money. Are you smart or stupid and can you tell the difference?

I like Fidelity 2% cash back card, rewards go into my retirement account.

>Do you know why you get perks? It isn't because the credit card companies are so kind and generous - it's because 87% of people get fines and pay interest each year.
Its's called merchant fees, most credit card companies make money every time a store swipes one of their cards.

Any thoughts on best cards in Canada? We are slightly more limited in terms of cash back options.

and that cost in turn gets deferred to the customer via price determination.

But American Express is accepted like nowhere

How are they in business?

>as long as you pay it off every month

That's a big if, user.

why? i have a cc for a year now my second cc just arrived. so far i had zero problems with it. clearly worth it.

American Express is accepted almost everywhere these days.

I have this lineup exactly (except for BoA, because i have AMEX BCP) with a few other additions:

Huntington voice: 3% utilities
Travelite: 3% travel

If i traveled more, I would have a big annual fee travel card like CSP or CSR, but I only fly maybe 1-2 times a year.

With this set, my average savings is probably about 3%

Good advice for niggers and white trash.

Bank of America Visa preferred gets 1-3% back on all purchases, and a 50% bonus if you deposit to a BoA account. Platinum (75k cash and investments) in assets gives 0 fees to your card.

This is the Veeky Forums board, we arent spending our allowance on the new video game

How is it a big "if"? It all comes down to one thing:
Spend within your means.
If you can't do that, then you're a fuckup.

youtu.be/enT5-fMvKKg

>god-tier line up
>missing 3% cb on restaurants and fast food from costco visa
>settling for 3% cb on gas instead of 4% with costco visa

Cash back or points?
Discuss

It's about the bling, you pleb.

Source: Have the JPM Palladium, love showing it off when the bill comes during dinner with friends.

My boss used to put like 250k a year on it, and he loved it since he traveled every other month

>boomers bragging about "muh 3% cashback" received as compensation for being cucks to banks

I have a bitcoin debit card and essentially received 300% cashback last year. all of you eat a dick

>Going to restaurants
>Eating fast food

Jesus, just learn how to cook you invalid

only if youre in southeren europe