/indie/ Indie and Misc. Games General

Previous thread: >What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as A Hat in Time, Hollow Knight, RUINER, Cuphead, Heat Signature, Steamworld Dig 2, LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, OneShot, Rimworld, Age of Decadence, VA-11 HALL-A, Subnautica, Machinarium, DashBored, Darkwood, Card City Nights 2, Braid, Monolith, Rain World, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, West Of Loathing, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Pillars Of Eternity, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles. Absorbed the /lite/ general some time ago and /jrpg/ is welcome.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indie and miscellaneous games, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags. And be sure to make a new thread if nobody else does.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

>Link to the winners of the GTP Indie Cup.
pastebin.com/u9TYjkj3

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/514900/observer/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

ICONOCLASTS WHEN

I don't know but EXPEDITION SOON

>Uurnog Unlimited will have a level editor

I'm happy I just wish it was in the Humble version

I'll lol lol till the cows come home if Expedition is released before Iconoclasts

hmmm
/v/ seems to like Opus Magnum but yeah... it's /v/
it's zachtronics game so probably good but i don't want to buy a game that i will be too stupid to play like a brainlet

I thought zachtronic's alchemy game was free?
Oh wait that's Codex, I guess he redesigned some bits and slapped a fresh UI on it

>all leaders are female
They literally showed only two leaders, one is male and the other female.
>art is the quintessential liberal arts dike feminist project
Because they have a fucking red nose? Or are you going to convince yourself that leaders have colored hair because of tumblr and not because of the OBVIOUS Fire Emblem vibe?
>dev has posted pictures with "male tears" mugs multiple times
Well good thing you are not a leftist that get triggered when a dev doesnt have the same opinions than you, right?

Excuse me but Fire Emblem hair is naturalistic and never given radical colors as a stylistic choice

lyn a best

You're not wrong.

>not Lute or Neimi

neimi is good too, i don't remember lute for shit, rebecca and serra both get honorable mentions

Hollow Knight is cute.

She is really masturbating to lowbudget He-Man.

Shantae Half Genie Hero gets new DLC update soon.

Yes because they have a red nose. Why do you act like that's a non issue. Its exactly the same thing as having a character with a life tune tattooed to his face

WILLY GET IN YOUR FUCKING SHOP SO I CAN SELL FISH TO YOU

>tfw Flail Whip

*keeps fishing*

just put the fish in the box

I spend every morning fishing until he opens his shop

Whoa my browser is glitching out in ways I did not even know was possible. Anyone has a dictionary?

In other words bump.

how's caves of Qud?

That's what I'm trying to find out actually.

p10 save

What the fuck.

After beating Underrail and Age of Decadence back to back, I've got a massive itch for more rpg goodness. Both claim to be inspired by classic rpgs from the good ol' days, and I need to know which ones exactly. I've been through the mainstream stuff, but maybe I'm still missing something.

It's actually kinda surprising how hard it is to find a decent rpg with fun combat, some sort of crafting system, and a story/setting that isn't typical high fantasy shit.

Recommend me something I can run on my Ubuntu toaster. No Steam.

Some sort of time sink suitable for someone wavering after months off the booze.

Failing that, name a game that doesn't have atrocious dialogue and a half arsed story. Doesn't need to be a ground breaking work of fiction, just not total shite.

Arcanum.

underrail is a game that wants to be fallout 1/2, and that's okay

The main inspiration for Age of Decadence was Prelude to Darkness. Have fun!

Planescape Torment has very good and fun story, great characters and interesting world but combat is poop.
You could try Pillars of Eternity or if you don't care about graphics that much go for classics like Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Neverwinter Nights.

The last two Shadowrun games, Dragonfall and Hong Kong, are pretty good in the writing department, and they definitely had me hooked when I needed something to occupy my evenings.

omikron: the nomad soul

>Recommend me something I can run on my Ubuntu toaster.
SkiFree.
Battleship Forever.
Warning Forever.
Batman Arkham Asylum.

>Ubuntu
>games
Run this instead
:(){ :|: & };:

Already played those to death, but damn if they weren't fantastic.

Now we're talking. Thanks a lot, man. I think I've found my next fix.

Tried all of those at one point or another, didn't like any of them. Thanks for the suggestions, though.

I've never really been one for Cage's games.

>Warning Forever

Fucking hell now that's a blast from the past.

>It's actually kinda surprising how hard it is to find a decent rpg with fun combat, some sort of crafting system, and a story/setting that isn't typical high fantasy shit.
Did you play Wasteland 2?

>Tried all of those at one point or another, didn't like any of them. Thanks for the suggestions, though.
hmmm...
-Shadowrun
-Wasteland
-Divinity Original Sin

doom

Yes, of course. Loved both the first and second games. Post-apoc is my favorite rpg setting and it's almost guaranteed to get my rocks off. I'm not saying that those kinds of games I'm looking for don't exist, it's just that there seem to be so relatively few of them around, given how great of a formula it is, and pretty much all the best ones are classics that have already been experienced many times over.

First two options were obvious choices played many times by now, but Divinity OS didn't really stick with me. To be honest, none of the Divinity games did.

>doom
>on a toaster
Are you having a giggle, mate?

you can run doom on your fridge
you can run doom on your thermostat
he can sure as hell run doom on whatever computer he has

>First two options were obvious choices played many times by now, but Divinity OS didn't really stick with me. To be honest, none of the Divinity games did.
welp. you played them all, enjoy starving with the rest of us

I assume he means the original Doom, which can run on nearly anything that is capable of running a program. If it runs on a calculator, it can run on any computer that's been built within the last 30 years.

Doubt so, I can barely run DOOM, so he probably can.

I'm not happy about it either. I'll be abandoning it the same time the laptop it is on dies but the bastard is hanging in there.

An 8 year old chinkpad

Thanks for recommendations but I think I've always had a terrible taste in games.

Yeah, my bad, I thought about it just after posting .
I do remember a guy running Doom on an ATM, so it probably can.

>I'll be abandoning it the same time the laptop it is on dies
I was trying to help you with that. Why didn't you run my game.

that doesn't kill the system, it just locks it
you can reboot and be fine

>enjoy starving with the rest of us
I've still got a few crumbs left. Prelude to Darkness that the other user recommended seems like a good fix, and someone on /v/ recommended Grim Dawn as a viable timesink for a while, since they said it's basically Diablo 2 and Titan Quest mixed together, and those are my two favorite clickfests ever. After that, though, I'm secretly hoping that Styg gets his shit together and releases that expansion he's working on as a Christmas miracle so I can get back on the wagon.

it only now occurs to me but have you tried EYE? it's not quite the same style but it might grab your fancy

We're talking about DOOM not nu-DOOM

>Grim Dawn
is it fun?
i am itching for a hack'n slash action rpg

I'm not that malicious. Besides, most babby distros probably have rm -rf protection these days.

Most ATMs use WindowsXP as the basis for their OS, so it's not that great of a feat. Now, running Doom on a fucking printer or calculator, that's some podracing right there.

It's Doom and DOOM. Not DOOM and nu-DOOM.

Why must you exist? Cease.

Tried it. It felt kinda unfinished, or maybe I just wasn't able to grasp the full complexity of it all. Seemed more like a poor-man's Deus Ex mod.

It should be, I haven't tried it yet. From what I can gather from screenshots and shit, looks like what Diablo 3 should've been, and that's good enough for me to give it a go.

Mate I'm a totally brainlet and if I wasn't reading your post on Veeky Forums I'd have pasted it straight into a terminal if you told it would fix something. I switched to Linux years ok because I was too eggy for Windows but I've decended the rungs of decency as I've realised I'm totally incapable. Started off on gNewSense I think and just slipped down the rungs.

I think I should take a full biopsy and get a Mac next.

Anyway, not to derail-pun fucking intended-here is a comfy pic

>I think I should take a full biopsy and get a Mac next.
Do Not Do This

Is there any way to use both Switch's joycons with Cuphead?
The game seems them as two controllers so player 2 butts in.

>I'm secretly hoping that Styg gets his shit together and releases that expansion he's working on as a Christmas miracle so I can get back on the wagon.

Kek, no chance. Better start going through the entire Spiderweb catalog. By the time you finish the experimental patch might even get an ETA.

MDK

Windows

Wizardry 8
Temple of Elemental Evil
Arx Fatalis

I was a super smart indie dev back when I used Windows

>it's an investment mum, I'm gonna make the next Final Fantasy

store.steampowered.com/app/514900/observer/
The premise looks interesting.

Looks like a walking simulator mixing Blade Runner and Inception.

LMAO

I totally got my monies worth as a kid. Even handed one in as a project for an IT lesson if I remember rightly.

I think Eternal Daughter was made on MMF. Anyone know of anything else?

Is this the right place to ask about io games? Looking for recommendations for games on there for me and the wife using laptops in the same room, found a few good ones like chess, hangman and drawmything

>still using optimum
Just switch to FiOs

>for me and the wife
Rude.

Seiklus and the first two Knytt Games were in MMF, I think.

Do the towns people in Stardew dislike Lewis? What's with the rare dialogue that can occur?

sex.io is pretty good with my wife.

Not that I've seen. Marnie likes him.

>>No one ever runs against me in elections
Sounds like he is a fucking tyrant though.

you're right, sex.io is pretty good with your wife.

Is the developer of They Are Billions distributing a bugged version of their game on PirateBay? Units stop moving after a minute and I heard it's an anti-piracy-thing.

I noticed that no private tracker has the game either.

That sounds like a great way to lose sales. Many players test pirate versions before buying.

Especially in such a game where the engine is pushed to its limits. Interestingly, I get 11FPS in the menu and 30 in the game.

Could be, but why would anyone DL the anonymous torrent when there is a dauphong one as well?

Wew, the game must be a poorly optimized bugfest.

>Could be, but why would anyone DL the anonymous torrent when there is a dauphong one as well?
I meant the dauphong one.

>Wew, the game must be a poorly optimized bugfest.
I think it's just that my graphic card is way too old (Geforce 650M).

>I meant the dauphong one.
Okay.

>rimworld, some mods
>prepare carefully, spend 30+ minutes setting up the embark
>everything is perfect
>the map is good too
>LOL UNDOCUMENTED MOD FEATURE I RANDOMLY REPLACED YOUR MAIN CHARACTER WITH THIS
Fuck modders. Fucking talentless worthless pieces of shit.

What is that thing even good for?

HAHAHAHAHAHA
I hope you saved your setup.

My guess its only good at fucking players by taking the place of something not completely useless.

There are some upgraded versions that can do other labor besides cleaning and hauling.

Thank god I did.

Meatshield. He rushes toward the enemies and dies. And hauler.

Shit, that's basically a Servitor.

Yeah, fuck those faggots for making something free that changes gameplay and that they didn't force you to install. Those free modders should only submit their work if they produce professional quality code. How dare they release buggy code.

It's not even buggy, the guy's just a retard with mod conflicts.

>release buggy, half-baked mod
>expects to be showered in compliments
>get criticized
>"WOAH HOW DARE YOU SAY SOMETHING EVEN REMOTELY NEGATIVE ABOUT SOMETHING FREE YOU FUCKING COMMUNIST"

>RimWorld

Doubt it's a conflict. I embarked again and it didn't happen, I have all 3 starter characters. First time it only replaced one of them for some reason.