/tekgen/ - Tekken General

Previous thread: = NEWS =
>Geese Howard DLC trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=6MK2TKFFtQA
>Patch 1.06
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/5/tekken-7-version-106-update-fixes-frame-rate-drops-caused-by.html
>Patch 1.07
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/20/tekken-7-version-107-update-includes-balance-changes-new-cha.html
>Patch 1.08
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/28/tekken-7-version-108-update-changes-player-info-in-ranked-ag.html

= BASIC INFORMATION =
>Notation
tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php
>Fergus' character overviews
docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/
>Frame data for every character
rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/
>Top 15 moves for all characters
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/
>/tekgen/ T7 Character Information Compilation (wip)
docs.google.com/document/d/139rPKrNc0nYHm2SmEa9Wy6LE7ps_2C0akOD4BQrmN2Q

= TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR NEW PLAYERS =
>How to Approach 3D Fighting Games
youtu.be/p7Ar-RctqyU
>Korean Backdash Cancel (KBD)
youtu.be/gLp3Y0PdV94
shoryuken.com/2017/02/17/this-is-the-year-you-will-learn-how-to-perform-tekkens-korean-backdash/
>Button Buffering
youtu.be/38iJWsjc_w8
>Options at the wall
youtu.be/2SW7kCmA23o
>How to get off the ground
youtu.be/j-PDc20Jezg
youtu.be/11oZkTYI6Rs
>Low parrying
youtu.be/SF2wBESs01U
>Oki/Tech Trap
youtu.be/LYqbvQljTw0
>Throw Breaking
youtu.be/m4em9HzrwFI
>Wavedash
youtu.be/xMtFCy8LreM
>Wavedash/Backdash on pad
youtu.be/fU5Ji23k4LU
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

Other urls found in this thread:

clips.twitch.
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

DED GAEM

How many losses do you take before you decide it's time to stop playing? I stop if I lost atleast 1 point (=2 losses from someone a dan above or below you).

Gigas Unchained

I love Alisa!

If I like Paul and Gigas what are the odds I will actually be able to play/enjoy Kazuya?

Is Steve's tier placement a meme?

Your ape like brain can't even comprehend electrics

Like 5-6 in a row.

Schedule for Sunday

>Monday 3 in the morning for EU

Wow its fucking nothing, I have work at 8

How's the story matchup Lili vs. Asuka actually in the game? Who has the advantage?

Weird how I don't remember anyone ever discussing it. Maybe thinking about Lili and Asuka at the same time shuts down the analytical part of the brain and makes it impossible think about boring technical stuff like match-ups in fighting games.

>tfw still get nervous during random matches and start fucking up inputs for no reason
>losing against people who i beat easily while i was calm
when will this stop

I have no issue doing ewgf though. Is any of his stuff harder to execute?

I'm just not a fan of enormous move pools and I like hard hitting characters that can play like bullies. Also Kazuya is cool.

yeah, I don't know why they thought sunday was a good idea

Threadly reminder that if you're a Hwoarang player you should enjoy the salty tears of scrubs who can't handle the MU

I main hwoarang and ling just for this.

Been meaning to try Hwoarang lately. Any good resource for getting into him?

>Punched another hole in the wall
>Broke another TV
I'm so fucking sick of being de-ranked.

>Hwoarang mains
Fuck OFF.

bash your head into the nearest wall then pick hwo and bash your head on your input device

Do you play on PS4?

PC.

>4am
what are they trying to hide?

If I'm playing Josie what should I mainly be focusing on? What's her 10f punish also.

movement and punishes

Then you just need to learn how Hwoarang works. On PS4 you have the excuse of input delay which actually does it make nearly impossible to fight him

calm down or you wife is going to leave you

>Destroys property
>Injures self
>Anime posting
Stay offline.

Calm down, it's just a video game you turbo autist

I'm going to learn Hwoarang and do nothing but his infinite string and ki charge JFSR after every match

And I'll keep count of how many matches until people learn what power crushes are

>try to power crush hwo
>get whiplashed
feelsbad

How to git gud with King?

dead general

Have you tried grabbing them?

>Anakin thinking he can beat Europeans
lmao he's in for a surprise

djigas

Bane?

They've announced the format for the finals.

First a group stage.
JDCR, Saint, Tissuemon, Speedkicks in separate groups.
Then 2nd ranked players will select which group they want to be in (in random order), then 3rd ranked players, then 4th etc.

Group winners go to top 8 winners bracket, group runners up goes to top 8 losers bracket.

1st: $15,000
2nd: $9,000
3rd: $6,500
4th: $4,500
5th: $3,000
7th: $1,500
9th: $1,000
13th: $500

Prize pool is pretty spread out. Random order could be a big factor for the group stage. For example Knee could get unlucky and only have nightmare group left for him.

Knee is the nightmare group

I like that there is a round robin in the group stage.
At least we'll get to see a lot of different match ups.

Well it's obvious that whoever gets pulled first is going to pick the Speedkicks group

>Just went 8-8 with a random
Fuck, that was actually pretty fun.

>Just learned how to beat Hwo
I feel fucking unstoppable

kinda sucks for those who like to prepare a lot before hand but then again you should always be prepared
xd

What the fuck? What happens next?

the game randomly chooses a winner

Sometimes it says DRAW.
Not sure what makes the game decide if someone wins or if its a draw.

You're right.

not really

inb4 superakuma takes the whole thing.

Shouldn't you be practicing superakuma?

You don't need practice when you look THIS smug

A small damage buff pls?

What if this was the last game of a set in a tournament? i.e. FT2 set and 1-1 before the final round double K.O , or FT3 and 2-2.

Deathfist beats ALL.

re-run the match most likely

are all female characters plus on everything?
like even attempting to do a 10 frame move nets you a punish

Yeah let's buff one of the best characters in the game. That sounds like a swell idea.

What does this even mean

So I haven't NOT been smurfed today

not one single time

any of you scumbags care about anything other than staying at a low rank? Would it kill you to fight someone your own level and stop losing the first round on purpose?

she has to execute like a 10 hit combo just to squeeze out like 63 damage

63 damage isn't particularly low
drag gets 60 damage on his most standard combo

clips.twitch.
tv/MagnificentLittleLionMikeHogu

I’m a beginner who has just started to play Nina. Is there a launch option with Nina after you block a stagger low. I’ve tried ws 2 in practice mode but the range is iffy and it whiffs a lot.

she's a poke focus character you goober

>go against Raven niggers
>they play like gorillas

I feel you. The anxiety goes away the more you play online and get acquainted with your character

I hope

Have you tried looking through her movelist?

Ah the "I'm bad and don't know a matchup so I resort to casual racism" meme. Thanks buddy

>racism
???????????????????

>Leo players
>mash their stick and unga
>ducks all mids and easy corner carry combos
truly the characters for gorillas

Leo, Asuka, and Dragunov are the characters for people with mental disabilities, I thought this was clear for everyone.

such a retarded fucking character
whats worse is mashing retards think they're good, even after getting their shit smashed in
and why the fuck does this faggot duck every single mid?

wow no racism bro

>*do mid*
>ducks underneath and launches you
>100 damage + wall break and RA
might as well just spam lows the entire game, and special mids that hit lows too

After playing Miguel for a bit I can't see why anyone should play him. He's a significantly shittier Paul/Feng and his hitbox is massively bugged. Pretty much all your limbs just disappear through their model and you get crushed/full CH launched every single time. Really frustrating that his arms and legs hurtbox is half the size it should be but his hitbox is normal sized.

>literally says nigger
????

No I mean why the fuck are you here

>Veeky Forums
>reddit/neofag nigger post
leave

Is baby gonna cry?

I want to play a male character but none of them appeal to me. Guess I'll be a waifu trash player forever.

Leo was made ambiguous exactly for people who couldn't decide on a character based on gender

Maybe you should try not being in a public space where people ask questions about a subject.

I was this for a long time until I started to appreciate Lee, Feng and Jin.

Go into practice, set the dummy to do a hellsweep, and look into the WS section of her movelist.
You could have done this instead of asking the question.

I wasn't the one who asked, I just remember a very similar response in the other thread to someone else's question. So with my quick maths I put 2 and 2 together and realized that it was you both times.

>I just remember a very similar response in the other thread
Yes there are a lot of people who could hit practice mode and/or do a quick search on google, but prefer to open up the thread and bother other people.

It's the first time I'm doing this but I hope the previous guy didn't have to put up with your whiteknight ass

>bother other people
what must your life be like to be bothered by someone asking a question in a really slow general

>bother other people

It's what the thread is for. Stop being a faggot.

>still arguing with me instead of answering the guy
Here, have a retarded wojak

>Miguel is a shittier Paul
excuse me what

Been trying to learn Hwoarang today but jesus fuck his combos are annoying to do. His easy versions are easy but his optimal stuff has so much filler and getting ff4 after a df2/b3 seems finicky as well. I think I'll just insta flush him instead of going deeper.

I had really mixed feelings about him, but what really made me flush him is the realization that he's simply not that good at high level.
As soon as you see Hwoarang go into flamingo, do a dickjab. This will force him to use low-crushing attacks from flamingo, which are all slow. That's when you go for jabs and fast mids.
Basically he mixes himself up, he's shit.

How do I stop being so inconsistent

Yesterday I was beating Vindicators and even a Destroyer, my movement was good and I was actively thinking

Today i'm dropping the easiest shit ever and I can't backdash and my fingers hurt

I wasnt even having a bad day today or anything its always just fucking random

>not good at high level
>speedkicks #1 from NA

Joey Fury used Gigas in top 8, does that mean Gigas is a good pick for high level?

same my dude i was fighting juggernauts and winning the other day and today i just lost two in a row to a marauder Asuka who couldn't do her combos properly.

I really despise Shaheen and his stupid fucking hopkick