/brg/ - Battlerite General

>What is Battlerite?
Battlerite is a PvP team arena brawler and the spiritual successor to critically acclaimed Bloodline Champions. Experience the unique combination of a top down shooter with a fast paced fighting game. Take part in highly competitive, adrenaline-fueled 2v2 and 3v3 battles.

>store page
store.steampowered.com/app/504370/Battlerite/

>F2P release
Now

>Roadmap for 2017-2018
battlerite.com/newera/

>Newbie guide
pastebin.com/4tS737Y9

>Update on server issues
blog.battlerite.com/rewards_and_servers/

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/wTZaSWcs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

first for dead game and dead thread.

The Feeling of Poloma

3rd for fun game fun thread

brown lucie is my waifu

>30k players
We alive boys.

Teach me how to Raigon
He seems like he should be easy and straightforward but I just end up running around doing nothing a lot because going in gets me killed
Ranged heroes are so much easier

just abuse ex1 as much as possible
it's impossible to trade with him because of all his self-healing

Ask 5 time champ player currently diamond player anything as long as it's not
>good build??????

There is no staple builds you brain dead retards

Would anyone intermediate level be interested in playing a few games in about 2-3 hours to teach a baddie? Also is there such a thing as a melee support in this game? I can't aim worth shit. Are the champions in the rotation the same for everyone?

>Was looking forward to being off on Sunday and binging on Battlerite
>I have to work Sunday

>server issues fixed
>30k players
>matchmaking still takes 3 min+
What kind of retard matchmaking system are these swedish cucks using?

Is it bad to autism main one champion? I don't really have fun playing anyone besides Taya.

i'm happy everyone gets to enjoy the game now.
i truly believe that the game is amazing, and deserves all the praise its getting.

Sirius is melee support but you still range heale and have to aim those sort of

3v3 comps tier list go. If you say there's no tiers in comps you're a confirmed shitter

This game needs 5x5 mode

thats actually fairly reasonable user.
fully understanding matchups and how to play agains certain champions/comps requires a lot of time.
however its good to get a feeling for what other champs are capable of and how long their escape cooldowns are.

No it's fine
I WANT SATISFAXTION NOW
I CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGER
>inb4 he's queueing casual

>it's impossible to trade with him because of all his self-healing

someone doesn't play Thorn...

>enjoying waiting in line 50% of the time battlerite is open

Sure there's tiers but people vary it on their play style. Blossom Pomona Lucie are tier 1 3s healers. Oldur pearl are trash. Pest is tier 1.5

raigon / bakko / croak strong melee mixed with taya / ashka.

Probably best comp right now is croak taya blossom or raigon taya Lucie

>still takes 3 min+
I don't think I've seen longer than a minute and a half
That's queuing for both 2v2 and 3v3 in casual

thorn doesn't ever have to trade with him he can just avoid any situation where raigon can use ex1

Is it a region thing then? I'm queuing all the US servers and have only gotten 3 min queues and a few 2 min queues here and there.

did you untick the "automatically queue" button because if you have that ticked you only get queued for 1 server regardless of what you have selected

What? I don't get 3 minute queues cause I play with friends you stupid loser

>Backpeddling off his argument the second someone responds
>battlecucks

Is there a Teldo for Jumong? Ty

friendly reminder to all the new players to save your tokens and only buy skins during special events (christmas, prehistoric, summer etc) because those are time limited and you wont get many of the specific lootboxes during those events so you are better off buying the cosmetics you want directly during those events.
(they are more expensive than normal legendaries so save up a lot!)

Averse

Rites for Ashka?
The flamestrike does bonus damage and ignites, and the ignite does bonus damage ones make Flamestrike hit like a truck, but I'm not sure how reliably I can connect with it

Childhood is liking Blossom
Adulthood is knowing that Lucie is best Until Destiny is added

E push
E Stun
move while RMB
Energy bonus

Can you be demoted out of leagues or only divisions?

when did they fuck up my framerate and what can I do to improve it?

is there a discord for cool people like myself 8)

Raigon is basically fundamentals: the character.

Raigon has tons of sustain and sticking power, because of this he has an easy time winning trades. He's a very well rounded character with good damage, energy gain, decent orb control, and fantastic EX abilities.
His weaknesses are that he doesn't have much ranged harassment, a fairly lackluster ult, and only has one i-frame.

Rites:
Free Ex-M1 charge on space offers you even more sustain and saves you energy.
Extra damage on space + snare gives you a bit more burst as well as synergizes with the above rite. If you want more sticking power, you could take snare on M2 here instead.
Double R is just super strong overall.
E-recast as it lets you get close without having to blow space.
Duelist or Riposte. Even more sustain or stun off parry.

Tips n Tricks:
Don't blow space and Q in rapid succession.
Raigon wants to get in his opponent's face, but for the most part he doesn't want to use space to get there. Try to prioritize using your M2, E, R, or using your mount to close the distance.
Despite only having one i-frame, Raigon is able to use his M2 and R as semi-escapes. Dashing out of a big ability when space is down can save your ass.
Landing E means you can get one free attack off just as they land provided you time it correctly, generally you would be using M2 or sometimes space.
Your EX-E comes out significantly faster and incaps, and serves as the only significant hard CC in raigon's kit. Use it to secure orbs, save allies, or set up combos.
Your EX-M1 is strong, and allows you to trade well while also giving your m1 a little extra range. Use it often.
Your M2 and EX-M1 hits multiple targets, if your enemies are standing next to each other, the orb, or something like blossom tree, you can abuse this to deal more damage/gain more energy/get more healing.
Your R interrupts casts and knocks back. Use it to knock orb to your team, abuse sudden death fog, as burst, or just as another dash.

yes both

I'm not the best, but I wouldn't mind putting you through your paces. Could play games, or just 1v1 a bit if you want a more relaxed environment. Lemme know when you're up for it.

The flamestrike bonus damage is good, however consistency is an issue with it as the ability is difficult to land. You're probably better off with more general use rites you know you can get value from.
Generally there are two builds for ashka, full on damage or a more defensive based one. You'll generally see better players going full damage because they're confident in the character, but you might want to play with a safer build to learn him with.

Damage:
M2 movement
M2 extra projectile
Space haste
Space Ignite
Ignite extra damage and slow

Safe:
M2 movement
Space haste
Space shield
E Cooldown reduction
Extra energy

Is M2 movement really that good?
You're so slow I can't imagine it will get you out of the way of anything

You don't really take it to dodge things with, you take it because it effectively increases the range of your M2. Granted you can somewhat dodge with it, but normally the ability roots you in place making you a bit of a sitting duck. Something is better than nothing.

It also has the use of being able to pump a barrage into melees trying to get close to you after they've used their counter. It helps maintain the distance between you, something ashka really wants.

Is anyone else getting a huge fps drop on ashka or thorns ult?

Is there no option to buy everything with gems? Don't they want my money?

Buy a lot of chests :^)

>bought this way back in early access
>enjoyed it a for a bit but stopped playing
>pick it back up after it goes f2p
>5 (five) [4+1] games in a row get an AFK/someone who cant connect
holy fuck what happened?

also are there any champions that are just flat out terrible/non-viable? rook is my shit

Varesh requires you to actually be good.
and Lucie is hard to work with when youre playing with randoms.
the rest is totally viable and you can just pick whatever.

I like playing lucy but I can't when the entire enemy team just pressures me and my retarded teammates just walk around doing nothing,

if you put a visible dollar value on items people flip the fuck out

>Experience the unique combination of top-down shooter meets fast-paced fighting game
>It's as much of a fighting game as Cuphead
Ok.

this game is really similar to how a fighting game works
the manual execution component is just aiming instead of being a rhythm game

I still think iva is trash. Everyone says you can play anyone but I sure as fuck don't see anyone succeed. No iva on tourney stream either.

Sure thing bro I'll be home in about an hour. I have Freya and Pearl we can play some casual matches for fun. Add me Jiinnxx. All I ask is please be patient, I have autism.

look up nyy lol
iva has been sleeper broken for a long time and even had to recently be nerfed

If it was 1v1 I'd say it's pretty close, as far as combinations of top-down shooters and fighting games go anyway.

BLC had 5x5 in it's conquest mode. It never had the player base to separate everyone like that.

feels like blade and soul in a moba format

Iva will always have a niche in 3s so long as lucie remains the premiere healer of the format. She isn't a raw powerhouse, but she provides a lot in terms of utility to a team.
Double dispel and long ranged incap is super strong.

I'll add you too I know a decent amount about the game

Will do.
He's my fledgling prodige, I saw him first.

>There's no blocking or other universal defensive options. As a consequence there aren't highs and lows, mix-ups, frametraps, etc.
>Cooldowns
>Perks/passives/whatever you want to call it
>Supports
It's clearly a combination of top-down shooter and MOBA, the only thing that clearly reminding of fighting games are EX moves and meter-based supermoves (which Cuphead has, hence the comparison).
The game is not bad, I'm enjoying it. But I'm pretty disappointed because I expected something else.

Are you guys playing EU servers or US? If you're EU we could play some casual 3s, I have 175hrs into the game

Ah, right. Regions.
I'm US, ping probably won't work out there.

the universal defensive option is dodging.

characters have nearly universal defensive options, there's meter management, landing ranged attacks at most ranges is predictive based on movement, the outside game is based on controlling space and the inside one on baiting and punishing specific actions, it's really similar to a fighting game in how you should think about it

who are some top tier rook players? he's my favorite character and i want to learn how to get good at him

Shit, I forgot to tell you I play on us east and us southeast hopefully it's not too far from you guys.

>There's no blocking or other universal defensive options
Like Divekick
>Cooldowns
Like Rising Thunder and whatever sirloin's new game was called.
>Perks/passives/whatever you want to call it
MKX had variations which I think is a simplified version of the same concept. IJ2 took it further with gear but they're off for competitive modes so whatever.
>Supports
That's why I said if it was 1v1, the whole team aspect makes the biggest difference.
I guess it might be interesting to incorporate actual fighting game mechanics, but I think the core concepts are there.

On twitch:
olithebrave, aka Emperor
JerryTheRook
finlev
Joltzie, sometimes

In game there's mGalante187 and MonopolyLegend that come to mind, but I don't think they stream.

Let's be real here, battlerite is the poor mans version of magicka.

great, thank you for this.

That works for me user. Just drop a post here when you're ready.

i can see where you're comming from, but not really no.

>can't process the game at any sort of decent level anymore

well the dream as dead.

>I didnt play during that one week so I miss out on original cooler Jade.

Im MAD

fuck off, retard.

>I didn't play during that one day so I miss out on Lucie body pillow avatar

It is similar though, it just depends on what you see and enjoy in fighting games. If you like reactive and predictive play, controlling space, meter management and generally outsmarting the opponent in ways that rely purely on your own ability without concern for things like levels, items, etc then yeah it's like a fighter.

didnt realise these were THAT limited.

If Magicka was more like Battlerite I'd have probably loved it.

any cute girls in here?

game is too complicated for cute girls.
your best bet will be cosplayers and artist in a couple of months on reddit.

like a brown lucie cosplayer?

maybe

Even hafu abandoned battlerite. There's no hope any girls will ever be interested in it.

Megazero is the closest thing to a girl that played this game

fuck off, retard.

>I have both with only like 16 hours play time

Ignore him

>no special gift for people who played since BLC

o-okay

Need BLC skins desu m8.

stop responding to him

I think if it was between skins and emotes i would choose emotes. You can't spam the laughs or any of the other things to tilt people

I forgot what it was specifically called but I loved being able to run in circles as harb when people had no chance

pastebin.com/wTZaSWcs

I've decided to consolidate some of the writeups I've posted for various champions. It's mostly a quick overview of the character along with good rites as well as some of their notable nuisances, finally ending with streamers who play that character if thats your thing. It's not comprehensive, nor am I going to tackle specific matchup knowledge for every single character since my autism isn't that strong.

But yeah, lemme know if you want me to sperg out and post long winded paragraphs about a champion you'd like to learn.

I read your Pearl advice a while back and have been following it. Do you have something similar for Sirius? I want to get into him since he's a melee support and I can't land skillshots on enemies worth shit.

good shit user

Great to have autistic anons like you who genuinely seem to care about the game and the threads.

What's the highest ping you guys would consider playing at?