/cwg/ Classic WoW General -- Retail BTFO edition

>What is this?
Blizzard announced legacy servers, as we wanted them, at Blizzcon 2017.

>Where can I learn more?
There's not much info out right now, other than development has started - and that it'll stay true to the original experience.

Plausible Tom Chilton conspiracy below:
>After working on World of Warcraft from its alpha in 2004 to the release of Legion, in late 2016 Chilton announced that he would be leaving the team to "[focus] on another project within the company".
note: Blizzard said only one person was working on this until announcement so don't expect quick release

Other urls found in this thread:

a.pomf.cat/kjnvtl.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=p68m7MJuN5w&feature=youtu.be&t=7875
youtube.com/watch?v=p68m7MJuN5w&feature=youtu.be&t=8675
youtube.com/watch?v=p68m7MJuN5w&feature=youtu.be&t=8815
youtube.com/watch?v=p68m7MJuN5w&feature=youtu.be&t=9134
youtube.com/watch?v=p68m7MJuN5w&feature=youtu.be&t=9183
youtube.com/watch?v=p68m7MJuN5w&feature=youtu.be&t=9430
youtube.com/watch?v=p68m7MJuN5w&feature=youtu.be&t=11740
youtube.com/watch?v=p68m7MJuN5w&feature=youtu.be&t=11818
youtube.com/watch?v=p68m7MJuN5w&feature=youtu.be&t=12315
youtube.com/watch?v=p68m7MJuN5w&feature=youtu.be&t=13370
youtube.com/watch?v=p68m7MJuN5w&feature=youtu.be&t=13465
realmplayers.com*
discord.gg/cURbFER
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

seriously the new models are so fucking ugly

moshe moshe

alliance or horde desu ka?

Alliance because Ironforge/Stormwind > Orgrimmar

when will we at least learn the release date?

>Where shit like world first and title achieves (hand of A'dal or Scarab Lord) actually stick around

Literally no one gives a fuck about world firsts, and for the few who do they don't need an achievement system, a single system message is more than enough for cataloging them.

Title achievements display themselves. An actual achievement system to prove you have them is redundant.

*blocks your path into scholo*

The fuck you gonna do?

what is this image supposed to say? where did they get the total playtime, average playtime and account activity? average auctions per server where you compare a server with 3x retail cap population to a standard server? chat messages in wod where you just click a button and dont have to lfg? average players per region when you can burn through each zone in an hour or two in retail and most players are already at cap?

i mean this is some real shit tier 'evidence'. it makes private servers look like people trying to manipulate data to convey their point for them.

i'll play Horde because i'm sick as fuck of Alliance, and Horde leveling is more fun.

Run through because they're not hostile

>using the same kind of pvp flag system as Asheron's Call
man, no one remembers that game except me.

reminder to stay far away from servers that the pserver kiddies are rolling on and servers ecelebs streamers are rolling on

Reminder BfA will be the last expansion.

>195225537

turpster, aka a guy who actually played vanilla is in favor of it, and a french cuck who didn't play vanilla says people don't actually want to play it.

why do people give their opinion on stuff they know fucking literally nothing about. people currently, and have been for years playing vanilla / tbc / wrath private servers. why do people who have never played this verison of the game think they know more than the people who actually do play and enjoy it?

yeah i definitely want to stay away from that. what server are the kiddies and streamers rolling on these days?

Blizzard hasn't released a list of the classic server names yet.

Reminder private server "purists" are hypocritical cuckolds.

which server is that?

it seems like the big streamers who will play with Asmongold are going to play on the PVE servers to avoid ganks.

you think you're enjoying it but really you're not, if you had tried Legion you would know how wrong you are.

They make fem humans look like trannies but fem gnomes look way better.

>guys I want to play Vanilla just like it was 2004 because it was so nostalgic
>uses a million addons that turn the game into Legion

is it true illegal server players just can't afford the real game?

It's more that they're hipsters who think they're better then legionfags
t. better than both

a.pomf.cat/kjnvtl.webm
stfu n00b. alex could play with no ui if he wanted

Looks just like I remember it in 2004. Based Alex, the vanilla purist.

I have a bunch of old vanilla friends suddenly popping up on steam and shit excited about classic, it's odd since they never wanted to play on a private server. Most of them haven't touched WoW since cata.
I'm guessing there are quite a lot of those types.

why the fuck is he using nu-vanilla addons that didn't even exist in vanilla? """""""purist""""""""" my ass

can someone redpill me on asmongold and tell me why he's spent the last 3 months doing nothing but trying to complete an achievement called "All The Things" where he's tasked with collecting one of every single item in the game?

is this what peak performance retail players do with their time in the game?

Alex "Vanilla Manila" ensual
Alex "Keeping it 2004" ensual
Alex "Feed the transmog to Kel'Thuzad" ensual

>tfw i wanna play a troll shaman but trolls have the worst racial in the game

desu this is one part of retail that's not bad.

They added so much stuff in WoW that everyone can just pick whatever endgame they want. Some raid, some collect achievements, some collect mounts, others do pet battles, other transmog. It's nice to have many options for what to do at end game.

berserking is unironically pretty good for enhancement.

youtube.com/watch?v=p68m7MJuN5w&feature=youtu.be&t=7875
youtube.com/watch?v=p68m7MJuN5w&feature=youtu.be&t=8675
youtube.com/watch?v=p68m7MJuN5w&feature=youtu.be&t=8815
youtube.com/watch?v=p68m7MJuN5w&feature=youtu.be&t=9134
youtube.com/watch?v=p68m7MJuN5w&feature=youtu.be&t=9183
youtube.com/watch?v=p68m7MJuN5w&feature=youtu.be&t=9430
youtube.com/watch?v=p68m7MJuN5w&feature=youtu.be&t=11740
youtube.com/watch?v=p68m7MJuN5w&feature=youtu.be&t=11818
youtube.com/watch?v=p68m7MJuN5w&feature=youtu.be&t=12315
youtube.com/watch?v=p68m7MJuN5w&feature=youtu.be&t=13370
youtube.com/watch?v=p68m7MJuN5w&feature=youtu.be&t=13465

This is actually the best advice you can give to someone planning on playing classic wow.

Stay away from those jaded fucks and go roll on a noobie server if you want to have fun.

I actually like achievements and collecing shit but don't want that in vanilla.
What is the "all the things" thing you guys are talking about? I don't see it on wowhead.

*invalidates faction balance Behind You*

REEEE NO CHANGES
*uploads up parses to realmplayers.com*
*obsessively jerks off to dps and hps charts on realmplayers*
*uses armory on realmplayers*
*levels while following an arrow from the leveling guide*
*finds quests via the world map with questie*
*finds quests objective via questie*
*uses qol features of aux*
*downloads luna frames*
*downloads versions of addons updated in 2016*
*downloads other addons which didn't exist pre tbc*
you legion fags are so gay and brainded

this is what happens when the game is so fucking watered down and fucked up that the only thing remaining is to mindnumbingly and for no reason collect every single item in existence. fucking stupidity.

>some collect achievements, some collect mounts, others do pet battles, other transmog.
>this is what retailbabies consider endgame

fuckinglmao

he literally plays barbie dressup and toy collecting for 10 hours aday
i guess that's all there is to do

sure as hell beats running in circles around ironforge

It's their choice you mongrel no one is forcing you to do content you don't want to do.

how would you feel if classic had zero achievements on classic servers?

I want achievements they satisfy my autism.

i like soda's enthusiasm but this guy draws all the wrong conclusions

I think achievements just attract streamers and the worst kind of people these days.

asmongold btfo'ing alex on their discord

I'd be glad, and I'm be glad because other are mad, which would make me even more glad

I didn't care about achievements when they were introduced and I still don't

>LFM DM link achieve and GS
no thanks.
achievements are cancer

well okay not really, but alex is spazzing out about some other youtuber using alex' footage and reported him. Asmongold advised him not too start trouble again.
discord.gg/cURbFER

i would not play if they added achievements. it would fuck the game up.

Back in my day, i collected stuff and maxed things out without some achievement telling me it was something i should do.

why would alex not want free publicity for his channel?

Ahhhh I Just wanna go collect peacebloom and nirnroot
ahhhhh

creative theft AAAAAAR REEEEEE

this is the problem with achievements, instead of players making their own goals and journeys within the game, the game is telling them exactly what to do.

achievements also significantly changed player behavior. it's not the right thing for Vanilla.

if this leads to his channel getting banned due to a false report or them seeing its all 'illegal' private server content.. that would just be amazing.

Female or male gnome mage?

I want to bully all the UD rogues that are going to show up on the server

male for shitposting, female for humiliating

Female gnome mage with pink pigtails

A man of taste

*chainstuns you while naked*
hehehe

>nigger manlet

kys

male

Sort of like when Alex would basically read whatever were the top posts on wowservers to offer "my take on x" videos?
What a lazy faggot.

I would feel great, because achievements are mostly shit anyway.
Might as well just make much much harder or tedious optional quests at that point. At least then it can be conveyed through gameplay and story.

>HE IS LITERALLY STEALING LIKE $4.67 WORTH OF VIEWS. I CANT HAVE THIS.
its pretty hilarious how alex keeps talking about streamers who are 'in it for the money' when he pastes his donation shit on the screen and reminds people to sponsor him all of the fucking time. then he gets angry because someone uses fair use and 'steals' pennies worth of views. just today he asked on his twitter if he should get a p.o. box so people can send him shit.

what a fucking hypocrite.

>roll rogue
>get no groups ever.
>roll warlock
>become the mushroom of classes
>roll warrior
>life sucks from 1-59 then become unstoppable killing machine
>roll priest
>suck group cock for a living until 60 then suck more raid cock for a living
>roll druid
>flop around like a dying fish, sucking at every role
>roll hunter
>roll on everything and exiled from most groups because too many hunters
>roll mage
>become a water dispenser or portal summoner device
>roll shaman
>get laughed at because 1hp totems
>roll paladin
correct choice

*blinks behind you*

heh, amateur

He's wishy washy about every suggested change "not really ruining the game" and it's not a surprise he has 0 legitimately leveled and geared characters on private servers

>when your only experience with Classic WoW are shitposts and private servers.

lol

good girl

SHORTSTACK

So in all honesty, if the Un'Goro Mafia shit comes to classic, do you think Blizz should do something about it?

There should be measures for shit like the Devilsaur Mafia, Asmongold is a fucking idiot for thinking that should stay just because he liked the sound of it. That is something that did not exist until a year ago and is a monopolization of the economy, which Blizzard should stop. This is why we have things like anti-trust laws in the real world, because monopolies are inherently bad in that they remove the concept of competition, even fucking ancaps believe monopolies shouldn't exist. You can't even chalk this up to keeping the vanilla experience because it wasn't there, horde and alliance guilds collude to make sure they gank anyone not part of their collusion. If they start that shit in classic, I honestly want Blizzard to come down the with the banhammer hard.

Asmongold doens't want Classic to succeed. He's more interested in getting people to modern.
The less patches Classic gets: the faster it dies.

I think i'm going to be a big streamer
How do i start?

there has always been controlling of economies in WoW. usually it's not at the source like this, but there are always people artificially inflating enchanting mats, cloth, etc, by buying everything under a certain price and posting at their price

he's the average retail player that never played Vanilla. to him Classic is just new content - a new expansion to play. he doesn't particularly care as long as it's something to keep him busy for a few weeks in-between content droughts.

As long as there isn't cross faction collusion, then I think it should be allowed. The same goes for world bosses.

Yeah but it's never been this organized before.

Obvious cross faction communication and polymorph griefing won't be allowed, it wasn't on vanilla. It's easy to identify the key players and just remove them from the zone and nobody cares about muh evidence.

How does this soda guy have so many viewers

start posting reaction videos to alexensuals videos.

The Dark Lady is the only refuge I need

fuck you!

how much stronger would shamans be if totems where invincible/untargetable?

That's not really the problem is the range and that they are stationary.

how is he baiting

>warcraft logs will have a classic version
its all over lads. you have no FUCKING IDEA how bad this is

>tfw you have no fucking clue what to do in the followings months until the servers are actually released

Just let me fucking pay you blizzard goddammit

>muh ungoro mafia

what's stopping anyone from buying out all the devilsaur and fixing the price even if they spawn raptors right in Ironforge so that the big bad PvP poopsockers don't force you to play the game?

wow thats actually real. he posted that a few hours. i hope people send him dildos. and yeah he spams his donation/sponsor shit. hes in it for the money but for some reason thinks it makes him look good if he acts like he does it for the viewers. he doesnt do shit for the viewers. if you disagree with him he flat out bans you. his channel and discord are echo chambers for his five hardcore followers to stroke his e-penis.

>LFM stratthome
>hey i can dps
>link your warcraft log parses
ITS ALL OVER LADS

the virgin Asmongold vs the chad Alexensual

I fucking hope not. Disable all addons!

rofl based alex