/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

hacking team rainbow edition

DO NOT BUY THE STARTER EDITION
(To find out why, read OP FAQ right below this, under "Which edition should I buy?" section)

>/r6g/ FAQ, Guide, and Links (Newfriends, read this first before asking questions)
[Currently being updated with Blood Orchid changes]
pastebin.com/Wi0PwtYw

>Stat Checking
r6db.com/
r6stats.com/
game-rainbow6.ubi.com/en-us//player-statistics//multiplayer

>/r6g/ OP Pastebin & Groups
pastebin.com/gWcgwQyJ
Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO
PS4: Add dazint8
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI

>/r6g/ Drawfriend Gallery
r6gdrawfriends.booru.org

>Teamspeak for /r6g/ operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations
IP address: 159.203.29.41:9988

>Official News
Weapon recoil overhaul
rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-us/news/152-301767-16/weapon-recoil-overhaul
Patch Y2S3.1 deployed on all platforms on Tuesday, September 19th.
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1749651-Patch-Notes-Year-2-Season-3-1
Blood Orchid mid-season reinforcements have arrived
rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-ca/updates/bloodorchid/reinforcements.aspx

previous hackfest:

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucien_Soulban
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Someone post all the operators that she has paired up or in love triangles

SHE HACKED RAINBOW SIX

3rd for a literal shitfest

>rewards herself with sips of her third energy drink tonight. She’s trying to cut down and four is her concession.
Why do they always gotta throw in a fucking quirk, as if that's somehow "humanizing"? They're fucking elite operators, get it together Ubishit.

StopGivingOpsYogaPants.gay

hey /r6g/

hack the planet

In our time of need
Battle of the gods will heal our wounds
Will you fucking stop? Like 3 people use this general. we all saw this just posted for the 200th time

You made the thread way too fucking early nigger

>implying

I'm trying to forget, user. let me heal.

Time to scream

How the fuck do you report people for shit other than hacking two jackasses teamkilled some other fag in thunt and then start killing me and I candeled them and murdered one and then got shot and downed to death
"why you have to be mad bruhh haha it's only a game"

>DMR/Shotgun+Smg11

reminder

>Meanwhile For Honor gets DLC characters that are not agenda pushing and have tasteful designs

Sorry siege bros

Piss off for goner

>That fucking Scottish guy
pls user, that's Benhart of Jugo.

desu at least this explains the clown make up camos, rainbow six is a fucking circus lmao

"HELLO, RAINBOW SIX"
*Hacks your operation*

Why are Romans and a Scottish dude in a game about knights vs vikings and samurai?

I'm so fucking mad that Shaman is gender locked female. I'm going full Kang with the Vikangs

>women being solo melee fighters
>not agenda pushing
It's more tasteful pushing I'll give you that, but don't act all high and mighty bud.

*hacks behind u*
개인적이지 않은 일, 암캐

Romans are the first Knight Legion, part of an older empire, Highlanders are linked with Vikings and interacted with each other a lot

>"We wanted an operator who went against type"
>proceed to write a stereotypical female hacker edgelord
>who yet again has issues with authority
Yeah, really breaking boundaries there Ubi...

>DMR and Shotgun as primaries
>TWO SMG secondaries

We wanted sombra but tacticool and asian

She just "irks" authority

She is a loose cannon but gosh darn it she is the best damn female hacker we have

MuteXDokkaebi

Its okay if the elite hacker of the team is a male :^)

Someone should make a crowbcat style video about the degradation of operator designs from launch to now

How about you do it user

You keep my precious poo in loo away from that degenerate!

>Lead Writer Lucien Soulban

The holy trinity of garbage attacker loadouts:
>LMG or Shotgun - Ying
>DMR or Shotgun - Dokkaebi
>DMR or LMG - Confirmed for next season

I actually like playing Ying with her shotgun.

>We thought Hibana was bad with her anime edgelord hoodie and Mary Sue backstory
How little we knew.

The operator designs, including the base operators, have always been nonsense

Well they at least looked like someone i could believe did some operating

>hacker
>numerous lines of codes
>firewalls, as in plural
>going "around" a firewall, period

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucien_Soulban

>Wrote for White Wolf and extremely SJW table top RPG company
>Also wrote for Watch Dogs 2

Defend this ubicucks

>Lucien Soulban
>Saudi
5 words in and I already have questions.

That's because the SIX12 is possibly the best attacker shotgun, its only competition is the kraut kanon. It's got great range, rof, low recoil. It lets you recover from being slightly off-center and basically blows the other attacker semi out of the water.

OG ops were anachronistic, but still fairly well rooted in reality.

Come to think of it, so were most DLC ops. Ela and the new chick are probably the first complete deviations from believability.

>Only Law enforcement CTUs have females
>Only at a 1/4 ratio
>their bios are from the perspective of a psyche profile and basic overlay of their experiences and background
versus
>All CTUs, regardless of whether they take female recruits, are either 1/2 or entirely female
>Over the top backgrounds with a bunch of useless information about what a leet hacker or bad bitch with authority issues that they are, but they are just so good their superiors have to deal with it
>also she has green hair, a green laser, a handgun reflex, and custom factory 50 round mag

They were a bit of nonsense, you're right, but they were further up on my limits for suspension of disbelief.
We're literally deviantart tier in terms of over-written lore and shit visual designs now.
>Ela and the new chick are probably the first complete deviations from believability
Don't forget about Hibana.

In the end, it's still a shotgun though. Using it on attack is asking for trouble.

SAVE ME FROM THIS HELL LEAKBRO POST THE SK DEFENDER I NEED THERE TO BE AT LEAST ONE PASSABLE CHARACTER THIS SEASON

>passable
Oh there's going to be a passable operator this season, oh is there ever gonna be a passable trap op

It works on some maps. It's rarely a "better" gun than her lmg, but it's not a terrible choice on things like skyscraper. Just stay the fuck away from oregon.

>SK male is not the attacker
>he is not based around using an USAS with Frag shells

>their bios are from the perspective of a psyche profile and basic overlay of their experiences and background
this is by far the most important detail about the new bios that are fucked up.
Say what you want about Mute being a Gary Sue, but at least his bio was written in a way that made it believable; not by some omniscient/autobiographical source that knows everything that doesn't even matter.

>using hacker buzzword tropes to detail the acts of a hacker character
why bother even writing at that point? Just give a gist, ignore the rest. Less is more for fucks sake

>also she has green hair, a green laser, a handgun reflex, and custom factory 50 round mag

This, more than anything, has me convinced that Ela was either an unironic self insert from someone with no capacity for self reflection whatsoever, or some sort of sick joke. It's telling when this sort of overdesigning doesn't just stay in the bio/lore, but actually creeps into game mechanics.

Like, what, did the lead designer's girlfriend cuck him into putting her OC donut steel into the game or something?

>Ela's "sister" is now a FtM trannie, so Poland is technically a 1/1 CTU
>SK defender is so unbelievably effeminate that they might as well be a girl, but they still have a dick so the 1/1 ration prevails
I wouldn't even be surprised. Just dissapointed.

ya'll just jealous cus u wont be as epic as her
haha epic for the win
and she only drinks 4 energy drinks max, bcs shes quirky like this

hahahah faggots

Whenever I run the shotgun I take the most shortest route to the objective, which is usually an exterior window or hatch. This way I'm never placing myself in a position where I'm out of range for the shotgun.

>that picture

Haha, holy fuck. I was mad at her look at first, but if she's literally going to be a hammy HACKERMAN character I think I might actually like her.

Also her random DBNO ability which makes no sense. It can't save you, at best its a mild annoyance unless you are just suicide charging into their stack with someone else behind you

Smoke should be the only one with this ability

>all these buttbreached armchair operators on suicide watch

Ubisoft has really outdone themselves this time. This is comedy gold.

So whats your guess on the ability?
Invisible to cams?
Disable gadgets through walls?
Make all gadgets emit a loud noise?

It has to be something hacking related in the end.

wtf i love dokkaebi now

user, are you seriously expecting self awareness out of Ubisoft?

How much you guys want to bet hacker(wo)man is going to be the new OP cancer? Just based on her loadout alone.

>Shotgun
>DMR
Even with 2 MPs I can't imagine her being that bad

i dont even need to know her gadget to know that she'll be op for a few weeks, then nerfed to the ground

>DMR Shotgun
She is going to fucking suck

Probably ping operators gear so they get spotted, but at the same time she has to be in a weird menu that makes her be like any other operator that is using drone so she can't attack?
She's definetly gonna have one OP gun, and hte MPs are a guarantee OP one also

Shit that was supposed to be "that good"

Inb4 the shotgun is pre-nerf Super90 tier, and the DMR is pre-damage nerf OTS-03 tier.

Could be that one of her machine pistols is burst fire only while hte other has full auto?

Doubt it, then nobody would ever use it. If I had to take a stab at it, I'd say one fires faster with a shorter mag, while the other fires a bit slower with a bigger mag.

So what did we get in the past two seasons?

>lesionbro (acceptable)
>chinese velma (acceptable)
>edgelord anarchist with dyed hair (not acceptable)
>HACKERMAN (not acceptable)
>bargain bin kaz cosplayer (not acceptable)

The other SK operator is our last hope to even this shit out.

Lets get sleuthing what could possibly be a SMG-12 and BOSG 12.2?

I'm still on the ropes for the GROM grenade grill she might be cool in a full body shot. But Dokkaebi and Ela are both pure trash

guns

Ubi doesn't usually make shit up as far as gun function, and the CZ-75 isn't burst fire, and the SMG-12 is probably an M12 variant.
Is probably right, with the CZ-75 having like 15-20 rounds max

My low-effort shitpost

Wait what, did that get leaked too?

You forget insominabro jackal (acceptable)

Shotgun could be anything, name seems entirely made up, and the SMG might be the M12 variant that is in Farcry 3 and 4

the closest two seasons, user.

before health.

I'm guessing "Shot Machine Gun 12-Gauge", which is maybe the first full auto shotgun in the game?

And "Binary-Order Shot Gun 12.2-Gauge", which is maybe a hand bored custom double barreled, which would explain the weird 12.2 gauge rating.

*after

He looks like this.
>t. ubisoft

BOSG 12.2 is obviously the USAS-12. Dunno what's up with the extra ".2", could either refer to a custom variant or just a typo.
SMG-12 is a bit trickier. Cobray did make a .380 machine pistol called the PM-12, so it's possible that it's another Mac-10 variant, but the "M12" part makes me think it's a gun based off of the Beretta M12 that Caveira uses, and one such gun is the Agram 2000, which was featured in the last 2 Far Cry games.

Someone look at ghost recon wildlands since it shares sieges naming of guns they couldnt get licenses for

Just a picture of her with a double barreled grenade launcher with 2 different stickers on it for ammo types that I didnt save

There isn't iteration of any gun listed in wildlands aside form the SMG-11

It applies to virtually all Ubi titles, actually. The "SMG11" is called such in every single title it's featured in, even FC5.

Frosts C1

Kapkans AK

Oh yeah I forgot about those along with Thermite's 556Xi

"C1" is technically an acceptable name for the Sterling, as that's the Canadian Army designation for it. And "9x19 VSN" is definitely rather roundabout, but still sort of correct, since the original title is Vityaz-SN

Valk's MPX and SPAS12 are also in there too

Yeah but they are actually called that were talking about ubisofts naming of weapons they couldnt get licenses for that are shared in games

>that teammate that is on TS but never calls out anything, not even when he dies

>overtime matchpoint
>guy with the highest score gets killed
>leave thinking we're gonna lose
>end up winning without them
>mfw
is there a better feel in this game