Bayezid I Yildirim "The Thunderbolt"

Prince Krzysztof Mikołaj "the Thunderbolt" Radziwiłł

Bayezid was pretty good till he god rekt by tamerlane though and even then he was outnumbered heavily.

pretty much everyone got rekt by tamerlane in the middle east back then, guy was fucking brutal

>two competing Islamic superpowers collide
>bayezid is captured in a decisive victory after the battle of ankara
>he's kept in a cage, used as a footstool, and fed crumbs from the victor's dinner table
>his wife is forced to serve the victor's guests naked
>the incarcerated sultan commits suicide, cracking his skull against the iron bars of his cage

Ottomans did some of the nicest stuff ever made, post some nice otto stuff!

Now try moving a 20 ton gun around Europe with no roads and no engines. Must have been hell of a work casting this thing.

iirc the ottomans used 400 men and 60 ox just to move it from edirne to constantinople

Jesus Christ, talk about getting cucked to death

the funny thing is the ottomans bounced back after the defeat and went on to became great power while tamerlane's empire went to shit

They definitely had high end aesthetics
>pen and ink box

>the incarcerated sultan commits suicide, cracking his skull against the iron bars of his cage
f

Was there anything good about the Timurid dynasty besides Tamerlane himself?

those came from greek kopis though and they're more aesthetic

their (supposed) descendant would then go to india and found the mughal empire

nah senpai the kilic saber was turkics, the kopis blade were reverse

>Sipahis
>Looking like Arabs
God fucking damn it. Get this shit right. Sipahis were supposed to be Turcoman elite cavalry. They should look like mongolians. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Ottomans where always am amalgamation of turko-mongols, europeans and middle easterners, and whatever else they could muster.

is he related to Binali Yildirim (the current Prime Minister)?

You are thinking of Seljuks.
this

Can someone explain me how the Turks managed the transition from steppe nomads to a people with high culture, technology and non migratory state? Afaik, they are the only steppe warriors that managed to do that.

>steppe nomads to a people with high culture, technology and non migratory state? Afaik, they are the only steppe warriors that managed to do that.

the mughals and the qings kinda did.

yildirim literally means the thunderbolt, i dont think it was a tribe/clan name or something. irc he got called that because of his prowess in manouvering armies

I know next to nothing about the Quings, but the Mughals came from the Timurid kingdoms in Persia, they have been non migratory for at least 2 centuries before they conquered parts of India.