/domg/ - Dominions General domg

Pan-gay-a edition

Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.
The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.
It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep penetration.
Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our pastebin
pastebin.com/qaccWnMt (embed) (embed)

>Dom4 Manual
jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Multiplayer guide
web.archive.org/web/20150430021604/http://www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/core-mp-concepts-that-i-wish-somebody-had-told-me-about/

>Play by email guide
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Pretender designer
bsielski.github.io/pretenders/

>Debug Mod
For testing battle formations and spells
dropbox.com/s/eo3qbjlixfghvs4/Debug.zip?dl=0
forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=36453

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Read the pastebin
>Watch some LPs by Sy, Maerlande, or Nuclearmonkee
>Jump into MP head first, the best learning experience is by playing the game

Submit completed games here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing

>Dominions 5

illwinter.com/dom5/

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/LgOBX
youtube.com/watch?v=Tc8iu0XFUQc&t
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

November 27th

friendly reminder to work on the dom5 wiki

hnnng

>passive bless buffs
the age of the memebless is upon us
oh god I just realized what this means for rainbow mages

No one even stuck around to watch me win.

reeeee Malakal wins again

i dont know if i can wait another 2 weeks lads....

i might have to go AI irl

Can I have all your stuff?

I'm not Malakal!

How often should you utilize preaching?

when you need to push dom in friendly territory

the times that this is worth spending gold on priests or mage turns is relatively rare

Best ea ermor strategy for early push against bats?

kill bats

Get someone else to help you kill bats.
Leave squads of 10 principes on guard commander with an indie commander in random provinces near the frontier to deal with raids.
Have summon fire elemental online.

>priest or mage turns
I make sure to have a couple indie priests around as builders and for sieges, why dont you?

You can use scouts as builders (unless you mean temples, in which case I generally just go with an inexpensive national priest).

I don't know what you use indie priests for in sieges.

How can you tell which ones are passive?

You have to mouse over every single one.

I actually had to have an argument with a beta tester to get him to "bring up the suggestion" to illwinter of having some kind of indicator like a * or something to indicate sacred bonuses..

Priests preaching on forts during long sieges mean that if there's a god or prophet inside their HP will be significantly reduced (eg. from supercombatant levels to thug levels) as well as guaranteeing some gained ground (of a sort) if you end up being repelled. It's not a default strat for sieging forts but it's not a bad one to pull out when the enemies defences on their last stand are solid.

Besides that recruiting priests away from your forts means that you are never losing out on mage/commander/scout recruitment turns.

Oh and they're always useable for anti-undead, if generally less reliable than national priests.

Also you can domkill them if it's an early war and you have good priests.

this is why Pangaea and related nations are great fun

>195271942

I'm Zonk, the betatester who argued this wasn't really important.
I do check this thread from time to time.

Just so the others know the reason my argument was that this is really obvious - if a 'bless' is only/mostly going to matter on the world map, then it's passive.

The one exception IIRC is Enlarge: it's passive as otherwise the +2 MM would be nearly useless.
But you *would* mouse over Enlarge anyway, to see what the exact bonuses are so...

Did anyone seriously expect survivals, disease resistance, or +mapmove to require a bless to work?
I really hope people don't think Illwinter is so clueless they'd forget units aren't blessed outside combat 99% of the time.

(And yes, I did report your suggestion in the end. I just posted this to explain why I thought your request wasn't important)

I'm Zonk, the betatester who argued this wasn't really important.
I do check this thread from time to time.

Just so the others know my argument was that this is *really* obvious - if a 'bless' is only/mostly going to matter on the world map, then it's passive.

The one exception IIRC is Enlarge: it's passive as otherwise the +2 MM would be nearly useless.
But you *would* mouse over Enlarge anyway, to see what the exact bonuses are so...

Or did aid anyone seriously expect survivals, disease resistance, or +mapmove to require the unit to be blessed?

I really hope people don't think Illwinter is so clueless they'd forget units aren't blessed outside combat 99% of the time.

(And yes, I did report your suggestion in the end. I just posted this to explain why I thought your request wasn't important.)

But aren't H1 priests garbage at preaching down enemy dominion? Going by the manual, unless the province is very light on enemy dominion you may as well not even bother with them.

Using a national priest from a fort may lose a mage recruitment turn, but it saves you the 400g from putting a temple on a nonforted province. Generally I'll prefer that unless I see a need for massed banishment (which is not very useful against a large number of nations).

post hours

you are like a little baby, watch this

But I run the game through command line.

Has anyone posted what the Dom5 changes to lanka are? I heard Yomi is like a freespawn nation or something now?

Yomi cannot recruit oni, they freespawn in provinces with temples. More in mountains and forests. Temp dependant. Dominion strength dependant. The rate is apparently abysmal

Dakini cost more.
Also priest reanimation changes affect them, I think?

Did the bandit/evil dude roster get better? And now im interested to see if lanka changed.

Oh, how do priests reanimate now?

They are garbage at creating your own dominion because it caps at 1, but its not hard to get 3-4 of them and they will cut through dom in a few turns without much trouble.

Priest reanimation is now on specific units, instead of being a nation flag.
Only Ermor and Lemuria get it on all their priests.

This also means if you steal one of these priests, you can use it to reanimate.

>hundreds of hours but not a single win

Kill me.

>tfw won twice today

Makes sense though, you don't just recruit youkai off the streets for some coin.

>but its not hard to get 3-4 of them and they will cut through dom in a few turns without much trouble.
The manual says that at 4 enemy candles, chance of an H1 priest reducing their dominion is only 10% At higher candles it gets even worse.

Is the manual wrong here? I rarely find myself dealing with enemy forts which don't have at least 4 candles, and 10% per priest per turn does not sound effective at all.

How much does a Dakini cost now?

Mictlan

You should add
imgur.com/a/LgOBX
To the OP pasta

Which is the best dominion?

1 because then you die before wasting much of your time

Thanks user

Yomichan kawaii !!

kys

I'm mostly hotseat and sp trash though

Youkai are loose and cheap

OWO

UWU

Is it even worth trying? The Dom4 wiki wasn't made useful in the entire lifespan of the product.

Le dom5 face

I've spent a few years with it pinned to my taskbar and opening it form there, though, which doesn't add to my time.

>The rate is apparently abysmal
It should be exponential so the rate is shit by default but if you go all in it's a fucking Ermor-tier oni apocalypse.

Which age of Mictlan involves reptiles in any way?

Late.

All of them.

They also got sacred frogs.

>frogs
>reptiles

fu fu fu fu~

youtube.com/watch?v=Tc8iu0XFUQc&t

can someone explain to me why we need a dominions 5

what exactly are they adding?

real time combat
more $$$ for something that should be just a large patch
different fonts
changing how blesses work

>more $$$ for something that should be just a large patch

is how i feel.

actually how i feel is 'great, now all the modders have to start over'

You retards are pretty obvious about how little you actually know about this game and how much you're just trying to stir up shit.

0 modders "have to start over". Unit mods have to add one stat. Spell IDs are a bit more complicated and not just plug and play but will be very easy to chance.

Better UI (not an overhaul, but improved), combat engine overhaul, new win condition mechanics, entirely new bless system, new content, better ai, etc

SHILLWINTER REEEEE

illwinter decided they want another cocaine mountain.

>more $$$ for something that should be just a large patch
>after five years of free updates without any DLC

Modern gaming in a nutshell.
They probably spent all their remaining profits on that trailer so now they are getting their cucked fanboys to shill out yet again (5th time theyve done this btw) for basically the same game with a few cosmetics and minor gamplay tweaks.
>inb4 day 1 DLC

>unironically being cucked by Swedes

if they just made the game pirate friendly
they would greatly increase their player base

I hope your wallets are ready for the spell lootboxes.

their game has no drm

Reminder that if you support shillwinter you support virtual enslavement of Indian codemonkeys.
Ever wonder why their games are bugridden messes with graphics straight out of the 90s?

>>unironically being cucked by Swedes
This is a joke post, right? We're all havin a laff and I'm too thick to realize it?

if only

who the fuck cares

Preorder now for 8000 RP!

>Ever wonder why their games are bugridden messes with graphics straight out of the 90s?
Because its made by two guys is why.

3edgy5me

Yeah, two guys and a team of Indian codemonkeys making $5.00 a day

>3edgy5me
No seriously, why should I give a shit? My concern is with the product I'm given. And honestly? To those indian codemonkeys, that's probably what they're working for anyway.

but the indian codemonkeys do not own the commodity their labour produces. Comrade, I doubt your commitment to the revolutionary cause

If you were committed to the revolutionary cause you would object to the marketing of this game to begin with.

This game had marketing?

It's being sold.

yeah well if any of us were committed to the revolutionary cause we'd be agitating among the proletariat but here we are

>implying jewwinter would spend 5 dollars a day on their game

How did losingtoJomon end anyways?

Patala won when Bogarus (me) went AI, and Atlantis capitulated.

Dominions is rock-stable, though

How much are they paying you shills?

How much is sid meier paying you desperate counter-shillers?

I hope not much since you guys are obviously shit at your jobs.

shhhh

Man, I just know that I'll love winning all those first Dom5 games.