/khg/ Kingdom Hearts General

Tubquin Edition

New to the Series?
Quick Start: i.imgur.com/kTpXdtz.jpg

Every single Kingdom Hearts game, besides the phone game, is now available on PS4! Catching up has never been this easy.
KINGDOM HEARTS I.5+II.5 ReMIX -- Released March 28, 2017
KINDGOM HEARTS II.8 Final Chapter Prologue -- Released January 12, 2017
KH 1.5 and KH 2.5 also available separately on PS3

Coming 2018
D23 2017 Toy Story Trailer: youtu.be/E4y7UK4nqn
Excerpt—Hercules Trailer: youtu.be/GNebfmXqHQ4
Less Disney worlds: gematsu.com/2017/07/kingdom-hearts-iii-less-disney-worlds-kingdom-hearts-ii-final-fantasy-vii-remake-along-areasJuly18, 2017
Kingdom Hearts is canon to Toy Story: siliconera.com/2017/07/18/kingdom-hearts-iiis-toy-story-world-takes-place-events-toy-story-2/July18, 2017
IGN asking Nomura fan questions: ign.com/articles/2017/07/18/8-cool-things-we-learned-about-kingdom-hearts-3-at-d23-expoJuly18, 2017
Famitsu Weekly Translation: khinsider.com/news/Famitsu-interviews-Nomura-on-KINGDOM-HEARTS-3-Toy-Story-battle-system-more-9760July19, 2017
Dengeki Interview: khinsider.com/news/Dengeki-Interview-with-Nomura-on-KINGDOM-HEARTS-3-and-Union-Cross-9827July21, 2017

>Lore Resources
pastebin.com/tKPLZLiE

KINGDOM HEARTS Union χ[Cross] Resources:
Available for both iOS and Android devices.

>GLOBAL Updates
twitter.com/kh_ux_na
>JP Updates
twitter.com/KHUX_PR
>General News+Updates
twitter.com/Daybreak_Town

>Quick Help Guide [heavily depreciated]
pastebin.com/jQVKegVw
>Wiki
khunchainedx.com/
>Damage Calculator Update 2.37.67 - Spirit / Pet slot is live
khuxtracker.com

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/i/web/status/929302688059322374
video.online-convert.com/convert-to-webm
khunchainedx.com/wiki/Illustrated_Kairi_(EX)
youtu.be/gheqi_LAPf0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>The fourth time I wasn't swift enough to link the threads
I need to get better at this.

maybe when you get a game-breaking EX medal made in your image, you can attempt to reclaim the title of best girl

>inflict ___ damage or more with 1 hit
>only special attacks dealing 2 or more hits allowed

considering khux gets medals/avatar boards for ever new disney movie release, do you think we'll get frozen stuff for the new short coming in a few weeks?

No
For Frozen 2 probably
But not a dumb short

reminder that every version of kingdom hearts 3 is the welfare version (except for the xbox x version)

Anyone else wish the Keyblades changed when you attacked with different cards in Re:CoM? It feels like such an easy thing to have added instead of just having you have the Kingdom Key the entire game during fights to just slightly break up the monotony. Plus it could mean a unique Ultima Weapon for it or something.

That's a lot of swapping out models on the fly, which is something you try not to do in games. See also: switching drive forms in kh2 and its different versions. When the game loads an area, it preloads all the resources it's going to need, including your character, and if you add a dozen keyblades to be loaded and de-loaded (often multiple times per second since you're comboing) it's going to cause a lot of problems. Plus what the fuck do you do when a sleight uses multiple keys?

It's also very likely that the kingdom key is programmed to just be an asset of Sora's model, meaning all the rigging would have to be done completely differently

>Plus what the fuck do you do when a sleight uses multiple keys?
Leave the default Kingdom Key for that, I'm just strictly talking about normal attacks with the different Keyblades. I understand the limitations I just thought it might be a neat thing to have seen done, even if it's just in the PS3/PS4 versions since I doubt it would impact anything if at all in those versions compared to the PS2 version.

PS4 would probably be fine but PS3 had hella lag when switching drive forms in 2.5 and would likely just die

Well, it would be fine on PS3 if you could install the game to the hard drive since CFW users had no problems with summons or drives.

I understand what you mean, I at least wish you could change the overworld Keyblade's design at least for cosmetic reasons.
And it's not like they didn't already have the models for the Keyblades in the game (other than the Days ones probably)

why is cloud such a faggot in every game that's not kh1 or 2
like, ya he was emo
but he does this autistic hair flip shit in every other iteration
ffs you can't get him to attack in re:CoM without him doing it

Fujos ruin everything

Don't know who to guilt next. Should I save my Mickey B's instead? I already have a guilted copy of HD Namine and Lingering Will though.

Pic sorted to hide already guilted medals.

One of the EX medals. Everything else is pullable.

is it worth pulling for toons just to increase pet slot?

seeing how only toons are assist medals for this hsc, am i finally safe to fuse my trickmasters?

Sure, why not.

Sure, why not.

>trickmaster gets an illustrated medal before diz, maleficent, or pete

>making a webm of nonremastered cutscenes

New Pet appears in the Spirit Parts BOX, pgt...
Pig Star!
This is a joke in Japanese because "Buu Star" is written like "Booster" and Boost was just introduced.
Premium quest for 7 Brooms and 3 of each Magic Stone
Next week is a great LUX reward week
Challenge the next Weekly Magic Stone Quest with Stroke of Midnight

twitter.com/i/web/status/929302688059322374

That was made before the remaster, tryhard.

and you still haven't replaced it
in fact you thought it was still good enough to post even though it was improved almost a year ago

I'd replace it if someone else ever decided to make a newer one.
And besides, is it really killing you that much? Get over yourself.

>hate the idea of spending jews on randomized pet accessory boxes
>but pigs are fucking adorable
Goddamn them

>why is cloud such a faggot in every game that's not kh1 or 2
>like, ya he was emo
He was supposed to be Vincent

yes, handheld console pixelation disgusts me
you should have learned how to make webms by now
video.online-convert.com/convert-to-webm

>yes, handheld console pixelation disgusts me
Suck it up fag

I actually already have a webm converter I got from I think /gif/ or /wsg/ (I don't remember which)
I just didn't make that webm and don't feel like taking the time to replace it with the higher quality version.
Somebody else can do that.

but nobody else will
if you don't take responsibility for your shitty webm, you're just gonna keep posting the same shitty webm every other thread

Somebody always does, eventually.
I can play the waiting game for all eternity.
And I'll always win.

Ava EX or Riku Days?

Ava

assuming i still do the kairi sandwich method for all setups until the buff cap changes, is there any benefit to having a setup of all medals raising enemy counter?

no

Your enemy will never get a chance to actually use their counter skill, which is a pretty big deal
Of course their is the rare occasion were you want it to trigger like if say their regular attack has poison, and will one hit kill you, which the counter will kill you with a regular hit letting SC save you for another round, but that's rather rare

When people accuse KH of having a DA-tier story what do they even mean?

Who even knows at this point? It's KH turn for /v/'s ire and certain shit posters are just making sure we know it.

It's the crossover element. That's it.

Other than Days, none of the stories actually feature all the shitty, tired tropes of a DA fanfic.

Yes they do, especially bbs

I would argue that DDD is DA-tier as well.

BbS is pretty much Star Wars though.

I find very few similarities, if any, between those stories and those you might find in a DA Naruto fan group

>star wars is now part of disney
Is KH predicting the future

Disney acquired Lucasfilms before BbS released

No it didn't

Disney picked up Lucasfilms in 2012.
Birth by Sleep came out in 2010.

Unless you know something Google didn't tell me.

Oh maybe I was thinking of Marvel

You were. Disney picked up Marvel in 2009.

well days WAS the biggest culprit anyway

BBS did the same thing with vanitas and had the x-blade design look like it came straight out of DA

>Vanitas is the same thing as Xion
No

>an edgy, dark version of the main protagonist
He's even worse, he's only saved thanks to both voice actors hamming it up

The X-Blade design is really the only thing I can say is DeviantART™.

It's just the worst.

>dark version of the main protagonist
But he's not. They just have the same face.

You might as well call Roxas a clone of Ventus. It just isn't true.

>same face, hair, voice

That doesn't make them the same person, dipshit.

Vanitas is not Dark Sora. In fact, he has no real relation to Sora at all. His face is literally an accident.

ok user

I mean, he's right.

>completely ruin people's lives with nothing to show for it yet
>"lmao my bad bros"
Say what you want about the plot but this guy is easily one of the most entertaining villains of vidya.

>Xehanort is actually from the future
>Jealous of TVA SRK and the rest for having friends
>traveled back in time to systematically ruin all of their lives
>now he's just waiting for it to pay off

>thefirst keyblade was two keyblades

Why would someone design a weapon this way in universe? Why couldn't the second keyblade be the kingdom key D at least?

I wish Nimoy was still alive.

It was Star Wars vs Star Trek hence Hamill vs Nimoy. Balance to the force vs. Seek out and explore new worlds.

That too but Terra is basically Anakin

Don't die bread.

ded

/v/'s shitposting about KH more than usual lately. What happened?

xv-kun is really mad right now. The one I was looking at has him samefagging and falseflagging hard. But he's such an idiot that he's doing a poor job in hiding the fact that it's him doing it

Yeah it even has fucking pod(rumble) racing.

Donald&Goofy are on the Xehanort side

where's skunk boy and moon man?

>Roxas red, white and blue for no reason

I just redownloaded Unchained after like a year. Apparently I accrued 19k gems. What banner should I pull from?

none of them, wait until they offer the game breaker again... if they ever intend to that is.

I've spent an embarrassing amount of cash on this game before, I'm just wondering what to do with all these free ones.

Yes, but I'm serious the game breaking medal that was just out for a limited time quite literally changed the game.

What was it? Last time I played iKairi 2.0 was the meme medal

Kairi EX

I'm just... I'll just let you see for yourself here.
khunchainedx.com/wiki/Illustrated_Kairi_(EX)

meh

I think keeping the Kingdom Key is fine, but it would have been cool if particle effects/hitsounds would change per card to reflect the attack card being used

anybody know how to loop terra on level 1? this is so god damn frustrating. sometimes he will just attack with no sign. literally got him to 1 bar but i got nervous and died.

Unpopular opinion time

I think the unversed are well designed mobs and dont deserve the hate for being heartless lite

i prefer their original color scheme over the FM versions

youtu.be/gheqi_LAPf0
>This works at any level with this setup, just takes longer on LV1

>i prefer their original color scheme over the FM versions
I never liked FM recolors to begin with. Some designs just end up being ruined by how tacky they can be, why do they even recolor enemies in the Final Mixes? I never understood that.

Also
despite obnoxiously repetitive it is and the fights you hear it in, Fight and Away is my favorite boss theme
Well, after The Deep End. that is.

>i prefer their original color scheme over the FM versions
I would be extremely surprised if this was an unpopular opinion.

Fuck off Vanitas, I know it's you

[spolier]BBS is a fine game with only minor issues[/spoiler]

So what is Kingdom hearts?

Light?

Leather.

Darkness, probably