/divg/ - Divinity: Original Sin General

Inner Demons edition

Previous bugged quest:
Patch v3.0.150.188 notes:
steamcommunity.com/games/435150/announcements/detail/1461842131332478533

Item Crafting List: rcfox.ca/DOS2Recipes/
Skill Book Sellers: divinityoriginalsin2.wiki.fextralife.com/Skill Books
Skill Book Crafting: divinityoriginalsin2.wiki.fextralife.com/Skill Crafting

Divine Ascension (soundtrack, concept art, artbook, lorebook, a map, now in high res) + Extracted Soundtrack:
mega.nz/#F!tpNGXaZR!UttmYFiknpMvm28ZcOddJQ

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MsVlRK2vijk
youtu.be/GdFarzbJagU?t=234
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for being dead as fuck.

I'm level 15 and don't know where to go after bloodmoon island. The advocate fight is impossible since everybody aggros me, and I already killed the white magisters.

Kill the Advocate after you do his quest? He's pretty easy.

>The advocate fight is impossible since everybody aggros me

You have to use your brain. Use teleport to start the fight far away by teleporting that patrolling dog.
If you do it right you will only aggro advocate, dwarf and one more guy.

Did you finish his quest and clean up the demon vaults?

I killed the black ring, and now he's praying the elven tree and telling me to fuck off. He revealed me the place where the lake of source is too

If some additional exp can help you, find a map of the island near the broken bridge where some of the thralls hang out and check out the markers on it.

You should be able to kill Advocate easily in the end of this act though if you didn't skip a ton of quests. Try to respec?

I'm almost level 16 so yeah I'll take the exp, thanks

I stumbled on the lone wolf camp accidentally and killed everyone. Did I miss something ?

divg - an abridged history part 1

- wahh this game is hard
- wait no it's a Larian game so there are about 50 gimmicks that make honour mode a cakewalk
- game is beaten by half of /divg/ within the first few days, discussion begins
- fuck sebille and malady, edgy cunts
- snowflake weebshit Zelda-elf-posting and scaleposting begins and never relents until it contributes mightily to killing the general
- oh wait i have a mommy fetish so malady is OK
- oh wait sebille has """plot development""" so she's OK t. Larian shills and no one else
- golden age: original content and memes are created
- "help me build my team" posts get thoughtful responses, cool game mechanics are discovered
>(You) it is (You) i have found (You)
>"it's shit"
- "help me build my team" posts slowly start to go unanswered or get "just play the game" in response

Wat, i killed him before i ever set foot into the eastern part of the map past the paladin bridge and you have already done blackpits? you fucking with me m8?

divg - an abridged history part 2

- Larian drops a patch or two, nearly breaks the game, people complain
- waifu garbage ramps up
- complaining about bugs
- complaining about the endings
- concern posts ramp up - "i mean i like this game and all BUT..."
- only people still playing the game and posting screenshots are those with weebshit snowflake elf MCs and those with "can i mate with red prince" MCs
- out of nowhere a tiny fraction of the general starts pushing posts along the lines of "DAE adra is hot? thicc demon husbando xd"
- as a result, Lohse ascends to meme status, joining Fane. the other origin characters aren't even mentioned anymore except to say fuck sebille, and reposting dead memes
- gameplay discussion has essentially died except for latecomers asking brainlet-tier questions about "where do i go next" that can easily be googled / wikied
- calls of "ded general" amplify
- comparisons to general boards for old, single-player, 3-hours-of-gameplay weebshit anime ""dating sim"" games begin, with divg having a fraction of their traffic
- old threads die
- new threads go nowhere

fin.

I have always liked Sebille. Edgy cunts are fun to have around

I hope you were not doing a lone wolf run with summoner because since I tried that shit I dismiss any advice or shitpost coming from someone doing that

>someone was buttblasted enough to type all this

No normal 4-party run.
warfare/necromancer 2-h weapon
Huntsman/poly guy
Aero/hydromancer
pyro/geo summoner

But all you need to win that fight is Clear-mind scrolls or whatever theyre called.

>warfare/necromancer 2-h weapon
check
>Huntsman/poly guy
not poly but check
>Aero/hydromancer
check, also geo
>pyro/geo summoner
Got a scoundrel

I didn't give it a serious try yet, but I need a good plan because when I last tried I got rekt by his mindfuck spells and got swarmed by dogs and other ennemies

Since I play WoW and browse its generals im used to the waifu-faggotry, this is nothing compared to that.
Also check out the fallout/elder scrolls generals.

Just shit oil on all the meeles to buy you time, teleport them away, use the teleport gloves/scrolls if necessary.
Pile in on the advocuck with your sourcespells, break his armor with something like onslaught or whats it called and keep him CCed.

Did they ever fix summons? My co-op game is stalled because two of these mongs only want to play summoners.

There are active but utterly shitty generals and then there are ded generals. /divg/ seems okay when you read back a few threads, it's just that there are hours long dips in activity.

>tfw I missed the golden age because I didn't want to get spoiled but didn't have the time to complete the game quickly enough

>keep failing a persuasion-check
>google what you need to pass it
>cant be passed no matter which approach you take

WHY

I genuinely enjoy that the best advice anyone gives someone else in this thread can be boiled down to "abuse teleport."

Theres worse cheese than that, the skill that makes it impossible for you to die and keeps you at 1 hp for example.
You put it on a character, suicide him into the enemy, and then you use exchange vitality on the boss.
You need to peel his physical armor first but hes basically dead after that.
but if teleporting is too cheap for you use lots of oil. oil oil oil.

>game created by Larian
you expected more strategy than that? can we stop perpetuating the "so complex, so challenging" meme on here

Well you two sure got angry. I'm not confusing this game for difficult by any stretch of the term. I just find joy that anyone has to cheese anything at all and that "abuse teleport" is considered the least cheesy of cheese strats.

Besides, unless they patched it, if you want real cheese go stock up on Skin Graft scrolls with a side of Adrenaline. Enjoy no one but you taking a turn, ever; at least until your scrolls run out.

How many times do I have to tell you to fuck off, Jahan?

>anger is required to spend a few minutes mocking a game
it's really not m8

Im not angry I just dont want you to be stuck, if teleport is too cheesy for you then try clear-minded scrolls and some oil flasks.

Anything that starts with "Just get their physical armor down first..." is not remotely cheesy lol

Read the post. It should be clear from the "use Skin Graft scrolls" portion that I'm not the person that's stuck. I already beat the game forever ago. I just laugh at "teleport everything" being used as actual advice. It's not about something being "too cheesy" it's that "just cheese it" is ubiquitously chosen as the advice to give someone who is stuck.

The best general advice to give someone is to make sure the CC they're bringing is workable with their party. By that, I mean if they're primarily physical then make sure they bring knockdowns or other physical CC and don't try mixing things like knockdown with freeze on their first attempts with the game. Focus on high ground where applicable, and utilize terrain -- especially damaging terrain, since it messes with the AI.

Yes, you did some of that but you also basically said to spam teleport, which I find funny.

You were the one trying to imply that I thought the game was complex or challenging. You can literally throw yourselves at the enemy as long as you have competent healing and non-retarded ability combinations, such as those that actually let you inflict the CC you're equipping yourself with.

>You were the one trying to imply that I thought the game was complex or challenging.
yes, i was. but that's not anger :^)

Larian games have no staying power.

The answer is simple - DOS2 is a good game without a cancer to shit on and about, and waifufags are pretty sane too. Unironically too adequate for Veeky Forums.

t. larian shill

Eh, WRPGs don't really have staying power without insane waifu and husbando fags like Bioware games have. They're good to have a long thread on /v/ once in a while but not an active living general.

Witcher

Wow, the new patch changed the voice in Lohse's head to Lohse's own voice. Her VA sounds so pathetic trying to be threatening. Can Larian do anything right?

>witcher threads
>not full of waifufags
Last time I visited that general it was full of modded naked Yennefer. They also have Gwent, books, and waifu wars and the general is still absolutely shit.

You're not alone since that happens to me all the time. Just this year I've experienced it with the new Nier, South Park, XCOM 2 and now this.

You forgot
>game is released
>Beast is best
>one week later
>no wait Beast is shit

Im doing my first run with beast in the party and thanks to him they took off my collars in the seekers camp, is that unique to him or can i talk them into taking them off anyways?

It's not unique.

>anything poison related is completely useless since most of the enemies are undead/immune

Is it just me?

It's even worse if you're trying to heal friendly undeads, due to literally every enemy having fire abilities.

>heal friendly undeads
I thought I was being clever when I picked Fane as my MC, but holy fuck, undead are just fucking screwed:
>healing damages you in addition to everything else
>poison explodes
>NECROFIRE

It would've made sense to have some necromancy Decaying damage abilities that actually heal undead. But no, Larian went full retard.

The best part is, if youre decaying (as a skeleton lol) getting hit by poison will start to damage you, wtf why?!

Only Geomancy and ludicrous amounts of armor can save undeads. It really is ridiculous.

Just roll back to the previous version. The new patch is shit anyway.

Holy shit, you're right

old
youtube.com/watch?v=MsVlRK2vijk

new
youtu.be/GdFarzbJagU?t=234

Atrocious voice acting

why did they do this?

>Div 2
>Alexander fight
Please give me some help I'm at my limit.
I tried luring all the enemies on the worm with one person but :
- The worm is most of the time attacking me anyway
- It TP on all my group, even the ones outside of the battle making all my allies flinch or taking terrible damages

I'm completely lost I don't know what I must do.

>Worm spawns
>Run away and let Alexandar and his cronies fight/die to it

They're idiots if they think replacing a very distinct voice with a very boring and generic one is a good idea.

Lohse's VA's monotone delivery here (with the exception of her own lines in the game) could give Kristen Stewart a run for her money. It only gets worse the more you progress into the game; I honestly think they recorded those lines in a hurry and added them in to please the normies who can't bear not hearing their waifu's voice when they're playing as her.

>instead of making new content, they keep making patches that fuck the game up even more

Thanks, Larian.

I think that sounds okay on it's own, it's just way less menacing and ominous than the old voice was.

The dialogue in that video is okay. Anything past Fort Joy is like the VA is reading the sports column in the newspaper.

>playing honour mode
>head to alice alicesecsonsonion after getting to reaper's coast, hoping to cheese her with jahan and get some easy XP
>teleport alice over to jahan while in dialogue using 1 party member
>fight begins after dialogue
>alice one-shots my party member that TPed her
>game saves because it's honour mode
>my other 3 party members are in combat with alice's totems back at her fire pit, not in combat with alice
>jahan kills alice
>i get no XP and have to use a rez scroll
well that sucked

>try to cheat
>get fucked

kek

That's what you get for being a cheesing faggot

This is why I hate patching in general

cheesing maybe, cheating no. the boundary between normal play, "cheesing," and "cheating" is completely arbitrary and seems to change every few minutes on divg. the whole point of Larian games is to come up with creative solutions. if they want that not to be a solution, they should've patched it out.

That fight is pure fucking cheese if you're not a Lone Wolf, anyway. Every option leads to combat, you can't talk your way out of it, and she can one shot your party members easily.

agreed. i'm cool with not getting the XP for it though, because i AM being a giant faggot on my honour mode playthrough, and i'll probably wind up overleveling anyway. my party consists of 4 wand+shield characters with pretty good gear and all of them have 10+ points in summoning. just did the dwarf statue fight and nothing even got through my armor before i killed everything.

I dont see how you can have trouble in this fight, you put your squishy characters on the walls, the worm wont touch them there, at the start you can teleport the gheist to the water he wont be able to move from there, works with every unit that doesnt have a jump/tp.

The worm can burrow onto the walls.

I'm the same guy from the previous thread and I still can't get past Radeka. I tried the chokepoint strat, no luck.

Tried to get better gear, still get my ass handed to me.

Tried to level up, just finished the Alexander fight and she is still wiping the floor with me. How the fuck am I supposed to do this

Did you try teleporting her?

Have you tried gitting gud?
I beat her ass no problem, first try tactician before alexander fight

Have you considered getting good?

In all seriousness, tell me about your party comp.

>a minute apart
HIVEMIND

I just looked up some more guides and turns out, my party comp is shit. Went into the game knowing absolutely nothing so that is biting me in the ass now. I guess I can only restart from here on out.

If you're willing to swallow your pride and give up, in the next section of the game (speak to Malady, the woman who appeared after you took out Alexander) you can respec your whole party into something useful via a Magic Mirror on board the ship.

You will be able to respect in the beginning of next act. If you don't mind missing out some exp, just skip this fight.

What is your party comp?

>Teleport: The Game

Welp, here goes my planned Lohse playthrough. Fuck.

post your best divinity memes

Eh

>no ballistic shot

only 2 AP for THAT many rounds? what the fuck kind of skillbook is that?

The gold bag stealing is so broken, i can buy EVERYTHING!

time warp scrolls

(You) it is (You) i have found (You)

How does it work, exactly?

1.- Put all the money in a bag, only money (need to have quite some good amount).
2.- Use it to buy the merchants money (yes, buy money with money, the point is to get it out of his bag) and everything good you want or can afford.
3.- Pickpocket the bag, its contents wont matter, but the weight will do, so you steal it with the minimal effort.
Voila! You have all your gold back AND the merchant's gold and items.

Remember, a character can only steal once from the same merchant, so you can steal up to 4 times, and once you done chatting(distracting) the marchant will run around checking character's bags for his/her items, so get out of there quick, and dont carry stolen stuff, caue even if its not theirs, they will attack you for it, be cautious.

Nah, I like my comfy doubling money in the pouch bug more.

I dont like bugs, the game can suddenly stop working.

Not in pouches case. But the bug can suddenly stop working tho, still can't figure out how it works.

>there are people who actually bother wasting time putting points into thievery on all characters, doing this, and then respec'ing
>instead of using Cheat Engine to accomplish the same task while saving 20 minutes
it's not like it takes any particular skill to steal repeatedly in this fashion. it's literally a 100% chance to get tons of gold without fail. it's the definition of a time sink. why bother?

>Cheating
You don't need to do anything at all, i don't understand why everyone wastes time doing any of this shit. I ended the game with over 200k extra gold and nothing to spend it on without ever pick pocketing or stealing anything.

i don't use Cheat Engine in regular gameplay either, because i agree with you that it's easy to amass large amounts of gold without doing anything. i was saying **IF** you're going to bother pickpocketing / exploiting this glitch, why not just use fucking Cheat Engine?

Yea that's fair, i just don't understand why everyone acts like it's such a big deal all the time, "THEY NERFED THE PICKPOCKET EXPLOIT THE RIDES OVER BOYS" people act like stealing from every npc in the game with all 4 characters is required to get anywhere when in reality it's literally pointless as far as gold goes.

I wouldn't even bother stealing things RP wise on a thief character since the cheating AI just makes it a chore and totally takes me out of the game.

Did you talk to the elves right next to them? They tell you to rescue sahelia, and you get an achievement for doing it without killing any lone wolves (excluding roost and company)

Can't talk your way through everything

Would you rather it had bethesda syndrome?

>minute apart
>hivemind
lol