/scg/ /edg/ Elite Citizen: Star Dangerous General #226

ED info:
pastebin.com/zEufftYe

Elite Dangerous v2.4 is online with improvements to base game and dlc content.
Frontier announced a new expansion called "Beyond" and will offer it for free to everyone who bought horizon.
Season three will focus on refining core gameplay and introducing new content.

Retaliation Trailer*
youtube.com/watch?v=38bHNSB4cDM

>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

*Not actual game footage
pastebin.com/Sbd5bPbH
>FAQs
pastebin.com/Pzet9vLW

>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA

>Other games:
pastebin.com/cugkem8w

Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable.

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

starcitizen.wikia.com/wiki/Anticipated_release_schedule
youtube.com/watch?v=vhiaGAnOalA
youtube.com/watch?v=lIijFSN35x8
youtu.be/rr3_9piOoxQ?t=7m23s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for real thread and best ship coming through.

most likely a snub fighter

The Anvil Carrack comes with a snub fighter and a rover.
Both didn't get announced yet.

Minor correction: Its not a snub fighter. Its a scout ship. Also, all mention of it has been removed from the carrack page...

>MoCap: Broken Promise: Capture Backers faces for ingame characters
How often do you think goons update their Star Citizen tracker?
Is it reliable at all?

I don't know what's worse, the fact that you're trying to take a jab at a hate group, or whining about discrepancies in a Star Citizen thread.

HAHAHAHAHAHA
starcitizen.wikia.com/wiki/Anticipated_release_schedule

>trying to take a jab
Sorry goon didn't mean to offend.That was just an honest question.Do you still update that tracker or is it abandoned?

>same words today as 4 years ago

These are some ugly people.

hmmm

Anyone else notice how the crew requirements seem to be trending downwards?
Just as an example the Starfarer went from requiring 7 crew down to 2min-6max. Can't help but that notice that seems to correlate with CIG figuring out they can't have as many players as they expected.

>4min-6max
sorry

Not entirely true.The freelancer for example got bumped up from 2 max crew to 2 min-4max.

'Threadly' reminder that Star Citizen will have it's commercial release before Half Life 3 is announced

That 4 is just the extra seats/bed which it always had. The 2 was just so well known because everyone wanted to try and solo in it.

The pain is getting less but this still gets me a bit everytime.

connie, terrapin, endevor
all reduced

Dragonfly > X1

The only Star Citizen wiki that isn't abandoned/hopelessly outdated is the .tools one managed by reddit sadly.

>Dragonfly > X1
Agreed
>The only Star Citizen wiki that isn't abandoned/hopelessly outdated is the .tools one
I know. I just thought that page was hilarious (in a dark kinda way) with the aid of hindsight.
>managed by reddit
What do you say that?

Nox>X1 or X1>Nox?

X1 is stupid

At this point what Origin ship is not a dumpster fire? 890 Jump maybe?

M50

EMP in SC is going to be the most over powered bollocks. Just pop it and pick off 3 or 4 other player ships without busting a sweat. Gosh forbid you do it to a Javalin and just pound the cockpit. There gonna remove the mechanic, or at the very least have it so its infantry only. Mark my words.

What's the latest money cheesing scheme, dads

EMP isn't a one hit kill as you assume.First you have to go through shields then emp components lowering their HP bit by bit.

Selling jpegs

I stand corrected.
>The entirety of Origin's lineup is a dumpster fire, with the exception of the M50.

They have to power down efore they activate it if they don't want to hit themselves. Watch for them to do so and follow suit.

Takes time to charge and sensors should detect it being charged.
Also if you see any EMP capable ship approaching you and you don't shoot it down kinda on your own head there.

Look like you haven't read it

Hmm... interesting

Not really they said the same thing last year and the year before.
In fact promising to release more content faster/regularly is more common for CIG than actually doing it.

>quarterly cycle

With 4 quarters equaling a decade?

My fav part is where they try to pretend the "web team" is competent and will actually be able to accomplish anything.

What was it that made the Vanguard such a let down?

It was supposed to be the Space A-10.

>Long Range Fighter
>Close Air Support
i don't get the joke

You tell me, I have no idea why the Vanguard is now a vacuum traversing turd. Looks pretty cool in the jpg though

It looks identical in-game though needs better lighting.

Long Range in SC doesn't mean engagement distance, it means travel distance.
Ones like Hornets etc are either compromising on QT fuel for other specs or need to resupply often at a nearby friendly landing pad, usually a carrier.
Redundancy to avoid needing to return for repairs and capacity for ammo/missiles/fuel is important to qualify for long range.

>It looks identical in-game though
laffin
youtube.com/watch?v=vhiaGAnOalA

Since when did the vanguard become a joke?
does that mean my sentinel will be garbage or will emp save it?
should I just ccu up to something else during anniversary sale?

Ever since it got patched into the game. Balance aside, it looks like shit.

Reducing expectations, it's beginning
Prepare for more crawlbacks and promises being bent, but not broken

>What was it that made the Vanguard such a let down?
>Since when did the vanguard become a joke?
Can I borrow your time machine? I also want to go in the far future when the game have been released and all ships have been rebalanced to use the final stats and item system.
It's so I can make an informed opinion.

You must have one because only a retard would call a ship a let down when the game didn't even get close to release.

>in the far future when the game have been released and all ships have been rebalanced to use the final stats and item system
Sorry user, you have to pick a timeline that will actually exist.

>wah why is this ship bad
>wah they are wasting money on reworks
and they don't stop coming

>design a ship with no clear idea of what the game will be to use it in
>make major design decisions about gameplay that doesn't exist and design a ship around that
>years after being "flight ready", still no supporting gameplay for the design
There won't be a need for a "long range" fighter for years, and there was never a need for a "space A-10". It was designed for a game that never was and has no place in the game they are building, so it can sit next to your Retaliator, Reliant, Scout, X-1, 85x, Merlin, and starter ships as being completely worthless nin the larger PU and not worth the insurance claim to recover.

What's wrong with the starter ships? Of course they aren't amazing, they are literally for when you first start out.

?Scout
What is that? Khartu Al?

>What's wrong with the starter ships
power creep from the other ships have made them irrelevant for anything but tutorial missions. missions that are balanced for starters are seal clubbing in any other ship, and normal difficulty AI is almost impossible in a starter, aside from being seriously outclassed by pretty much any npc.
yeah

Terrapins a two seater tho right? Right?

No. Check the ship page, its down to 1.

You talk like you know stuff as fact when it hasn't even been designed yet, much less released. I think is wanting to borrow your time machine, but when he gets done and I take it for a spin too?

Both the Terapin and Herald are listed as single seaters but they have an additional crew station beside the pilot seat.

Fighters are aerospace capable and can provide air support. The Vanguard is suppose to be a kind of gunship, excelling at air to ground fire. Haven t spent a penny yet even I can tell your being a contrarian.

Nice GTA logic dweeb

To clarify- "Space A-10/Long range" probably referred to the Vanguards ability to kill infantry from a couple KM away.

>when it hasn't even been designed yet
>much less released
dumb fuck, go solo rounds in PS in a MR or mustang alpha and see how far you get. The lowest level npc is a Aurora LN, so there isn't even a fair fight possible in a starter.
The starter ships are just enough to piss people off and make them spend anything to not have to deal with how bad they are.
There is even a standing meta about it that tells everyone to immediately upgrade.
>Fighters are aerospace capable and can provide air support.
supporting what exactly? what gameplay loop is a Vanguard going to do better enough than other ships to justify its price?
>no cargo hold
>multi crew for no reason
>big and slow
>not the strongest fighter
why does this ship exist?

user, the only goal of a starter ship is to be CHEAP, introduce you to the mechanic and let you make money for real ship.
That's the point. If a PAurora was as good as a Vanguard, cargo aside there would be a problem.
The Vanguard goal is to be a non-shit fighter with a bed so you can logout anywhere.

There's no point answering you if you are just a no-game troll.

Technically no.
In practice I remember them saying that a Terrapin is always operated by two person, one pilot, and one on the radar. There's only one bed because you "always need someone keeping watch".

Why would the Tevarin declare war on the UEE? Where did they get ships to attack decades after being defeated to launch the second war?

What bitter hell am I looking at here? Its like ante-fidelity where it hurts to see

>The Vanguard goal is to be a non-shit fighter with a bed so you can logout anywhere.
you can have a 300 series for a fraction of the price with the exact same functionality, and if you can't handle the bantz, fuck off to your hugbox and cry about it faggot.

The terrapin should have been an APC like the Hoplite but not shit rather than an explorer

>irrelevant for anything but tutorial missions
>missions that are balanced for starters are seal clubbing in any other ship
You made these claims. You cannot know these claims as fact as the game has not been brought anywhere close to completion. Unless you are having trouble flying to relays and flipping a switch in a starter?
As for PS: Its not in a state now that accurately reflects how it will be when its out of alpha, much less out of beta.
Quit talking like your opinions and predictions are facts. You might want to look into addressing those ad hominem attacks and impotent aggression as they make you seem remarkably pathetic.

Wheres the bantz? Your just being toxic.

If that was a turret and not a radar and maybe a little more cargo space I would defiantly consider melting a Cutlass for it

>hurr durr I'm not making a judgement until the game is released and final
go fuck yourself with that. I'm talking about what you can launch and play now. You can theorycraft and circle jerk about what might be in a few years, but that isn't playable now. what we have been playing for the last year and a half is broken shit that makes people immediately upgrade their starter packages to have any kind of fun.
you replied to me and called me a troll so you can go fuck yourself with that indignation.

Ship redundancy needs to be a thing. Not just a 'Starter v Any other specialized ship v The Best in Category' trichotomy, there needs to be grey areas and non-statistical measures of excellence/shitness.

>you can have a 300 series for a fraction of the price with the exact same functionality
>trading a Warden for a 325a
Worse radar, computer, power, cooler, shields, and fuel. 3-4 times lighter but has 1/6th of the main thrusters. Exchange a s5 for a s3 and lose half of your s2's. Missing a turret and the missile deficit is just ludicrious.
In what way were they equivalent again?

Go have a wank, calm down. Your not adding anything to the discussion.

Someone explain the point of data-runners- seems like a pretty useless career choice

The new Cutlass is pretty much a mini mobile base/one-in-all ship now like the Redeemer was supposed to be.

>I'm talking about what you can launch and play now. You can theorycraft and circle jerk about what might be in a few years
Huh, that's interesting because you see here
>design a ship with no clear idea of what the game will be to use it in
>years after being "flight ready", still no supporting gameplay for the design
>There won't be a need for a "long range" fighter for years, and there was never a need for a "space A-10". It was designed for a game that never was and has no place in the game they are building, so it can sit next to your Retaliator, Reliant, Scout, X-1, 85x, Merlin, and starter ships as being completely worthless nin the larger PU and not worth the insurance claim to recover.
You entire original arguement talks about what a failure the ship will be in the future when the game is more fully completed. Now you are trying to claim its something else. But keep on carting the goalposts around, jose, this is actually starting to progress from pitiful to darkly humorous.

Here is the thing with balance. If I shoot a bullet at a car, it doesn't matter how much the car costs, the bullet does the same damage.
Starter ships don't have to be able to go toe to toe with a swarm of dedicated fighters to be balanced, they need to have plausible damage and be effective in the scope they are intended.
An Aurora MR should be able to take out a single seat fighter, but only one. A Hornet would be able to take out another Hornet and stay on station to keep fighting.
With all that extra crap you mentioned, justify the extra cost with gameplay. How much better does the Vanguard have to be to make all that extra worth it in gameplay? It's just big and expensive for it's own sake.
If you want to narrow it down to the current patch and how hilariously bad the Vanguard is in that, we can. I was giving it the benefit of the doubt that future gameplay won't be so absurdly bad that people post here asking why the Vanguard is fucked up. If I moved the goalposts, it was in your direction you complete moron.

>Someone explain the point of data-runners- seems like a pretty useless career choice
It is useless now as there is no data for a data runner to run. Data is supposed to be an integral part of exploration and science. nce the mechanics for those are more fleshed out than I expect the whole data running thing will flow naturally from that. It also ties somewhat into the whole Pioneer thing since knowing about the resources on the land you build your bases is facilitated by data (and thus in theory data runners).

Also it goes hella fast in a straight line and is small. Perfect for hotdrop/evac of a single person.

>With all that extra crap you mentioned, justify the extra cost with gameplay
No. You said it had the same functionality. I showed that it did not. Shut up and sit down kiddo

Data can't go through jump points, and Space Internet (the Spectrum) is as secure as you'd expect long range public wi-fi to be. Data running will be another kind of courier at the foundation, necessary to connect star systems together and enable trade information to be up to date in-game, but hacking is also expected to be in and they would be able to secure confidential data and use runners to stay incognito while delivering it.

The Herald (and possibly future ships in the class) also double as hacking oriented ships. Hacking is also expected to have a combat application too like Distortion.

In gameplay it does. What does a Vanguard do that a 325a doesn't? Both have guns and missiles so saying more of is not a new function.

Don't answer the retarded stuff, it's clear he isn't here to have rational discussion.
He's just making stuff up so you waste your time trying to justify something that wasn't balanced.
Just focus on the planned mechanics.

>it can fire more guns at the same time

Sorry you're so mad that there are no more hugboxes left. Reddit fell a few weeks ago and reading the feedback on the new burndown format on spectrum is straight up gold, jerry.

Well then the aurora has guns so does that mean starters aren't shit anymore.

>trade hub
youtube.com/watch?v=lIijFSN35x8

>does that mean starters aren't shit anymore.
who knows? the game's under a fucking nda so we can't even see YT to make our own decisions. It will probably be more manageable, but the Mustang needs the same treatment.

no matter what CIG will put out once "release date" hits, they will be utterly ripped apart by the media and players

>REEE NDA
The butthurt is here again.
Evocati is testing the game for stability and bugs retard, they published public report explaining that everything is cheaper and you have access to everything, you couldn't make a decision from it because the Evocati build isn't meant to be a balanced game.

why are you guys talking about "planned" mechanics? CIG planning is worthless. It changes. It's not tangible. What they say they will do usually turns into something else entirely, so wasting your time with lore and fluff is pointless. What they release is a different story.

So currently they have Evocati working out game-killing bugs with them, while implementing mechanics and then fixing the new bugs those create on the fly. If CIG is able to get 3.0 out by January with very few bugs in it, than imo it will be alright. People will shit on it forever about it being a year late, but there's nothing we can do if shit takes too long, other than either selling our shit, not buying new shit, or asking for a refund that may or may not happen. After this, if they do hit a quarterly release date for content (March, July, October, December) than things will be fine.

where have I seen this ship before...

oh, now I remember
CIG gonna get jewed by Disney legal

And Harmony Gold legit own Mechwarrior
Fuck off retard

Following your logic you have no reason to be here. Why are you here?

we have been saying for years that if they would just face the music and get over it, they can move on and do what they want. As long as CIG is paralyzed by the idea the will get roasted for doing what everyone already knows game devs do, like refactors, throwing stuff away, and delays, they will always be a victim of their own self fulfilling prophecy.

why are any of us still here?

Wow, look at all that progress!

..wait

Stanton is one system. Which has a dozen planets, all with moons, each of them with hardcoded stations. Thats one system.

Even if 3.0 marks that the cake miz is done and the snowballs starts rolling down hill, 99 more systems is one hell of a long way to go, especially with hand made biodiversity.

youtu.be/rr3_9piOoxQ?t=7m23s

@7:23 listen to a couple of them agree with you only to get overridden and pointed out that feedback was what they were after. They are literally arguing about what the purpose of the evocati is.

>Clerks
>"Shit or get off the pot."

Messers did nothing wrong, but even I don't think they would want people eating fried tevarin