Classic WoW General /cwg/

>What is this?
Blizzard announced legacy servers, as we wanted them, at Blizzcon 2017.

>Where can I learn more?
There's not much info out right now, other than development has started - and that it'll stay true to the original experience.

Plausible Tom Chilton conspiracy below:
>After working on World of Warcraft from its alpha in 2004 to the release of Legion, in late 2016 Chilton announced that he would be leaving the team to "[focus] on another project within the company".
note: Blizzard said only one person was working on this until announcement so don't expect quick release

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XCLGmGE6OaI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for ret paladins are viable

ugly wod models

attractive wod models

okay wod models

>Just want to start playing now
It's gonn abe a long >1 years

asmongold said the game won't be at 50k after month 3

>Wrathbaby is excited for Vanilla
>Chooses Warrior
>Chosses no gathering proffs
youtube.com/watch?v=XCLGmGE6OaI
He'll crash out within a month

>implying a wow eceleb needs gathering professions

>caring about proffs aside for skinning, ench for de or tailor on launch week
lol

What's the highest level dungeon that can be farmed solo by mages?

Whatever server the streamer bois are on is gonna be shit

>wow ecelebs
>good at the game

Ragefire chasm

I said mages, not druids

I'm hyped as balls fellas

I couldn't help myself from trying out a vanilla classic server over the past few days. In an effort to avoid too much nostalgia and also preserve the experience for Classic Servers, I rolled the opposite faction and a very different class to what I originally played

Still fun as hell. Almost immediately more satisfying than retail. God damn.

>wow
>hard

Your post was about him not taking any gathering professions and how he'll be out in a month, Im saying he wont be because all streamerfags will give him everything he needs

AoE farming in BRD I believe is pretty normal/expected for them munz$$$$ ...been a long fucking time though, not sure what gear you'd want

I was implying that he'll be out because he won't be able to deal with a warrior since nothing post LK was headbutting a wall tier that was leveling a poorfag warrior
Not even that but i can guarantee that they'll all be on PvE servers because they are 2pooked and bad to deal with ganking

Yeh, Im sure the popular streamer will just be STRUGGLING with all those gear and item donations

Yet he'll still be the shitter player in a vacuum
Struggling with a class alone makes you better in the long run

>Want's to experience vanilla wow for the first time
>Ruins it with a disgusting UI
Classic indeed

If you believe this you're actually a fucking retard

what should I roll on ely?

Not doing hunter or priest, levelled those on nost.

>Gear is a zero sum game because everyone will eventually end up with max gear
>user 1 has never needed to work out little tricks because he never had to because he was carebeared
>user 2 had to find the trick
Who wins?

I'll put my money on the streamers who have multiple gladiator titles.

>decide to roll a non-warrior for once
>run WC once with a tank that won't use shields because he doesn't take damage anywat
>delete char and make another warrior

the only tank I can trust is myself the only good tank is myself

>arena
>hard
lmao
Not saying that people who solely do 1 thing at all times is not going to improve, but being hand held slows the process

>DUDE YOU JUST DONT GET IT MAN WOW IS SO COMPLEX AND HARD UNLESS YOU LEVEL ENTIRELY ALONE YOULL NEVER BE ABLE TO COMPREHEND THE INTRICASIES BEHIND YOUR CLASS AND YOU WILL LOSE 100% OF THE TIME TO THOSE WHO DID

>run wc with good tank for once that actually can generate rage and knows that it can be tanked by a clothie anyway
>complain
/cwg/ is retarded beyond words

plot twist: the tank did take damage anyway

i know that feel

how the fuck did he took damage? i soloed the whole place as 24 warlock with imp

>played warrior and hunter to 60
>not sure what to play on official
what's best for triggering cucks in wpvp while levelling, while good for questing and viable at 60
i'm thinking frost mage

shammy also

nothing hurts more than getting 1shot by a windfury

>triggering
Has the answer ever not been rogue?

Can't decide whether to level a mage or hunter first to make maximum shekels, or just pick a priest/warrior and level it.
Any advice?

mage or hunter

You can make a lot of money as priest also.

Just play frugally and have people pay you to heal in instances.

Spriest low key triggers the fuck out of people

get shekels with a warlock
but really, anything but warrior is fine

also feral is pretty bad to encounter early on
the only pay you get as priest for healing is a cumsoaked robe, shut up and heal, slut

You solo'd the whole on WC on classic as a level 24 lock with imp?

I don't believe that

Can't wait to roll holy paladin and be generally helpful to people

Wand money

So I'm in Japan for the foreseeable future but still want to play this when it comes out. I checked out retail WoW and it recommended me 'Asia' which just has Chinese servers (I don't know Chinese, just JP and EN)

So then I tried North America and that had some 'Oceanic' servers based in Australia I guess, but my ping to both US and Aus was about 200. I'm guessing I'd end up forced in Aus to find a raiding guild I can schedule my time around.

tl;dr is an Oceanic Classic server likely and if so, how big a deal is having 200 ping?

No big deal if you lag around the place and experience delays, you're just adding to the authenticity.

fem undead rouge

> fem undead melee
biggest mistake right there

fem undead melee animations are patrician

yeah, but no one gives a fuck if you gank them as femdead. Femdead players are just weird losers.

Everyone thinks male undead rogues are shitlords, and they all get appropriately mad when fighting them.

patrician tier garbage?

Especially the claw animations, fuck me it's unique compared to any other race.

well if your goal is to trigger people with your race/class combo, then gnome warrior wins hands down. Alliance players are all numb to male undead rogues. Seeing anything other than one in vanilla is a surprise

If youre horde and you roll anything but orc or troll as a rogue youre a living meme

>Nost horde was literally around 55% UD
Embarasssing

>but muh stun resist
don't get stunned scrub
>but muh useless racial
its useless, smoke some weed bro

fem gnomes in general are pretty good for triggering people, i'd argue they're the equivalent to male undead

>he's actually going to play on official blizzard servers
there are only so many ways of saying cuckold

>25% AP
>5% beast damage
>10-25% Attack Speed

All shit in comparison to Fear immunity for a couple seconds.

Don't forget the pink hair.

Can confirm as an edgy teen undeadlock. Getting killed by gnome rogues and warriors was the ultimate humiliation.

Priest. Mind Control. Jump off cliffs/into lava.

Best rogue race for alliance?

Rogue. Stoneform for clearing dots so you can stealth helps a ton.

human by a mile

Human.

Dwarf if you're going to do nothing but PvP (and even then, Human is still pretty good)

>rogue

yeah that's sleep deprivastion. I mean dwarf.

Night Elf for double stealth and faster corpse run, I have this strange feeling that you will need them.

>for double stealth
wrathkiddie spotted

>want to play troll
>no wotf
>no stun resist
nvm...

Every Australian played with worse than 200 ping (in some cases much worse) during vanilla. You'll be fine.

Things to add in Classic

>Dungeon maps
>You cant mind control people into PVP portals

Ausfag here, the lowest I ever saw was 300ms, none of my friends were ever below 400ms. They did something in TBC or Wrath that got it to about 200ms usually, but it was still impossible to play melee in PvP

>deprivastion
kek

Human for Pve and Dorf for PvP

>turn on a random Lights hope stream
>its a hunter
>hes clicking all his abiltiies
>hes using conc shot on mobs that the tank has aggro on

>but it was still impossible to play melee in PvP
Impossible is a stretch. It was 'added challenge'

>tfw youll be 60 day one on classic

Good to know it worked for them back then. I assume aussies today can get

>So it's not like back then when everyone was lagging, this time it would just be me with 200ms.
Oceanic Servers initially opened a year after wow launched. For the first year Aussies were playing on US realms

I live in EU now but I played Nost/Ely for about 2 years while in Singapore. Ping was between 300-330ms, never went below 300.

PvP wise, at that level, melee is practically impossible. Hunter can be pretty shit if they get into your deadzone.

I played a warrior to 60 and it was pretty aids.
You would never ever be in melee range, even right after a charge/intercept, so it would be very difficult to get a hamstring off, and even then you would usually not be in range. And when you were in range, it was still fucky, and getting hits off was fucky.

I now have literally 0ms, maximum around 15ms, and and wpvp is actually pretty good as warrior, lvl36 atm

They were "oceanic" realms but they were hosted in the US. They weren't hosted in Australia until fucking WoD.

Yes I know, but the fake Oceanic really were mostly oceanic players, so the playing field was even. That's the point I'm making.

dire maul east

>still no video of someone playing the BTD version of Great Days over the trailer
Someone needs to get on this

I guess what I want to know is how much of a relative disadvantage I'd be at. To figure that out, I should ask if anyone here is an Australian playing on a current (real) Oceanic server, and what kind of ping you get.

Ausfags on Ausfag servers get under 50ms now, usually under 35

100% authentic vanilla

>Vanilla WoW with 35ms ping

This is going to be amazing. I always played with 450-600ms.

I also only ever levelled a single hunter to 60, and never did any of the raiding content. This is going to be great.

I guess I should be happy for the Aussies, but that's a kick for me to hear. Hopefully I can keep up as a healer in mostly PvE at least, even with 200ms

They should add voice chat to vanilla.

Just wait for 2.2

It will still be on battle net, so they might

man he has no idea what the fuck is waiting for him.

>"i know its gona be more of a grind but im actually kind of excited about it" he says while literally oneshotting every mob he hits at level 1

why the fuck are you making a general for Classic WoW when we know we still have AT LEAST 400 days to wait
do people like to hurt themselves that much?

Human for pve, easily. Sword specialization is very good.

For pvp, probably gnome for escape artist or dwarf for stoneform.

Or nightelf because they're pretty and have the best DW animations.

I've been actively wanting to play since 2016, I still play around with talent trees every other day and want to talk about priest and shaman theorycrafting.

Company keeps me distracted from the ache.

I'm curious for those who played on classic vanilla servers,

Obviously Paladins heal at 60, but the transition from hybrid 1-59 and dedicated healer at 60 is hard, especially with the itemization.What do people usually do? Is it just generally accepted and understood that Paladins will DPS/offheal in 5-man dungeons for a while until they can scounge up enough Mage/Priest/Druid T0 to be a dedicated healer?

And by 'played on classic vanilla servers' I mean the unofficial ones, I was on vanilla and I remember most people being chill with Paladins swinging a 2h around in pre-raid dungeons, but the attitude has probably changed.

They still keep silent.

THEY STILL KEEP SILENT