/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!

/sthg/ #1051 - Best Buddy Edition

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ReIKoPrx5u8
twitter.com/iroha__1683/status/929230243914702848
twitter.com/iroha__sss/media
youtu.be/aSwMQ45Y4_Y
youtube.com/watch?v=TzllIL6yNLA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sonic Team will never make Sonic Adventure 3
youtube.com/watch?v=ReIKoPrx5u8

The Chao garden was a project of one specific programmer, so when he left the company (and sega lost the original code as they always do) that was it.

Also, Sonic Team will never do anything good with their characters ever again.

*hugs*
Thanks for making a thread now I can sleep

First for Silver a cute!
A cute!!

>The Chao garden was a project of one specific programmer, so when he left the company (and sega lost the original code as they always do) that was it.
But that's wrong on both accounts

They might not make SA3 but the characters will be used sometime in sure

Eggman's 'Buddy' is superior. Prove me wrong.

Protip: you can't.

Who gave Metal a mouth?

Pirate incoming

>that pic
>make characters body smaller and limbs shorter
>suddenly looks 10x better
Why do we have modern sonic again?

They are working for the mercenary
The masked clown

I wish the steam achievements tracked properly, I have no idea how many more times I'm gonna have to clear imperial tower.

Artist?

He's a weak guy.

Shadow, pls.

twitter.com/iroha__1683/status/929230243914702848

C'mon guys you know you love me.

Jackal is cuter!

Infinite pls

I guess that is a new account because this one twitter.com/iroha__sss/media got removed

>no one posted a buddy as their OC

The game wasn't even out, you were already dead, stupid redject.

Bubser the Bobcart is best Sonic.

You're right, I do. I made you first in Forces.

Who the fuck are you?

Despite his pointless inclusion, seeing Classic disappearing made me a bit sad, not gonna lie.

Also, this credits sequence is perfect. Makes me appreciate the visuals of the levels more. Shame the game doesn't live up to it.

>Richard Jacques worked on Forces
Well damn

Youre gonna fucking sit there and tell me this boy wasn't made for fucking?
good thing I drew my oc kissing infinite because I sure as hell wasn't asking anyone to so it.

He's a cute boy. I like wolf Buddy a lot though.

NO U

You look handsome, Buddy!

IS THIS

Will Infinite and Cream become a thing or the pure rabbit girl is reserved for Shadow?

Buddy is a handsome fellow.

>Not Big and Cream

You are not one of patrician taste.

>Wolf Buddy
Tier 1 Taste, my friend.

You're a little cutie but with a pose like that in the bottom left of OP's image, you have had to at least had your muzzle connect with the blue hedgehog's muzzle as he stares into your heart with his emerald color eyes/

Holy fuck I'm sick of seeing cream

How dare you give me a boner.

That's Chaotix down, now time for Dark and characters I like playing as.
Whoops, you seem to have typed Shadow instead of Metal.

You should hot glue less figurines then,

>cream
>sick

yeah real smart you

How long does each Heroes campaign take?

Anyone else feel like the blue-type SOS missions are out of place? It's fine when a level is mostly linear, but when it's a "one shot one chance at a route" or a "you didn't bring the right wispon" situation, it's infuriating since you won't know until it's too late.

And since an SOS mission failure throws you out to the map, any challenge missions or collectibles in that run don't count.

>D rank
step the fuck up

I've got 6 & a 1/2 hours clocked and already done Team Rose's route, so I'd say roughly 3 hours each, but it depends on how fast you go.
I've never made an effort to score highly the first time I play Sonic games, usually because I'm not very good at them.

Nothing wrong with enjoying the thought of that user but just imagine while their muzzles touch, the red wolf decides to let his hands move through the quills of the hedgehog's back while the blue boy slowly moves his hands down the wolf's smooth and slender back, also the wolf chest would press against the hedgehogs soft tan tummy.

Thanks. I was thinking of doing a run of Heroes after I finished up on Forces.

CAPTAIN JACK SPARROW

I haven't really bothered much with the SOS stuff.

Red and Green are easy-peasy. The former is playing with a rental avatar only and the latter are your avatar with the rental (who are basically starter avatars with Burst, they're the only ones i've ssen so far). Just don't die.

The blues are the bane of existence though. They add an animal capsule with a captive rental avatar. Hit the capsule button to free them, okay. Except you don't have a method of knowing where they are except by knowing which spots/paths they may spawn on. And if you complete the stage without rescuing them it's a mission failure.

In some cases they're not hard to find, but it really depends on the stage. And of course, any deaths whatsoever fail the mission and chuck you out to the map screen.

I got a red alert with one that had a shield hover wispon, once

Even Silver is smarter than Knock Knock Knux?

>He doesn't think cool operation names matter

Silver, please stop disappointing me.

Name is the most important part.
Everything else can be worked out with guts and hot-bloodiness

Silver was right though, Knuckles fucked up

Majority of the characters are smarter than Knuckles. Big might be smarter.

That's because they used Tails's strategy.

Technically, everyone fucked up, by not expecting Weak the Jackal to wipe out whole army solo in under two minutes

Nobody is smarter than Knuckles if they thought putting him in command was a good idea.

>Weak the Jackal

I'll find you and I'll kill you

Then WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T THEY MAKE TAILS LEADER OF THE RESISTANCE

Sonic the Hedgehog? More like... STUPID THE HURRHOG

Infinite, plz

Tails was too busy suffering from Sonic Withdraw Syndrome

Why does his shoes show his emblem if he hasn't become Infinite yet?

I really hope that they will keep using Infinite.
Because Tails is the scariest as the foot solider with his bombs and gadgets.

Didn't knuckles just assume the role and everyone let him? It seemed to me silver was getting more shit done being on the field than knuckles was. Maybe they just didn't want to hurt knuckles' feelings.

He named "Infinite" himself, pal. He probably thought of such edgy name for a long time even before meeting Shadow

stop bullying me

Come on, Knux took 1 minute and 30 seconds long time in thinking to come up with the strategy, that is "Let's barge in and attack"

Silver comes back to the present and happens to warn Knuckles first in the tie-in comic.

youtu.be/aSwMQ45Y4_Y

I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS

What if Silver comes from a dystopic future where all hope was lost because of Operation Big Wave

Now that I have done everything the game wants me to, post the times you guys have so I can beat them

SAWNIK is
*BURP*
you know...
*BRAAP*
SANIK IS
HUEHAEHEHAUHEHEAUHA
>+1000$ deposited into your account

>Silver warns everyone
>Silver knocks the Phantom Ruby from Infinite
>Silver actively doing the most in the resistance
So he pretty much just let Knuckles feel important?

How long before the next main Sonic game? I say two years. At this point, I would be okay with Sonic taking a break in the main series and just having focus on spinoffs like the IDW and Boom, if that even lasts.

>tfw knew what it was before the video started

>Those last handful of "Beat stage in under x amount of time
REEEEEEEE WHAT THE FUCK DOES SONIC TEAM WANT FROM ME I CAN'T BEAT DEATH EGG IN UNDER 2 MINUTES

Dunno on that, but Knucks is actually great authority figure in this game.

Considering that he wasn't aware of Knuckles being part of resistance or resistance at all, it's possible. I mean, only thing that saved everyone in the end in a long run is Silver fighting Infinite, making him drop Ruby prototype, avatar finding it, learning how to use, erasing that sun thing and yada-yada. So, Silver could come from the bad future in which he didn't travelled back to help yet

I think it would be nice to have a 3D Rush game without Sonic but with your avatar

Silver really is the unsung hero of this game. I hope we get a Silver DLC but Sega will do what they usually do, kill off their newborn who's not cute enough

Silver DLC would be nice. It would be really cool to see what happened from his perspective and how he travels back to warn everyone.

Why am I donating to Cybershill? He doesn't deliver. Now I like the guy but if no videos tuesday I'm switching over more deserving content creators.

>mfw I completely fucking forgot the drop dash was a thing in Forces

Same here, classic sonic gets a lot more playable after actively making the use of drop dash.

>silver as a character is already 11 years old
Damn, I remember playing 06 when it launched and thinking Silver was the coolest motherfucker because of his looks and power. He's still my favourite that isn't Sonic, but damn how time flies

>HUE
youtube.com/watch?v=TzllIL6yNLA

I have difficulty realizing that Shadow (or Silver) is older than today's 15 years old and isn't a late-coming character anymore.

It's surreal, thats for sure

I feel so bad for his character. He literally never got a chance to be very developed or do anything and it's not his fault. He has so much potential to be great, he's a good character. He debuted and that was it thanks to 06 because directly afterwards using side characters was a no no.
Even though Forces pretty much didn't do anything with it's characters at least it gave some much needed attention to Silver and I think that's nice, he deserves it. I really want them to do something great with him in the future, like I said he has so much untapped potential.

He was one of best characters in the comics. Hopefully we see more Silver in IDW

Yeah he got a lot of cool stuff in the comics. I really hope they do stuff with him in the games too.

I think it helped that the director of Sonic 06 worked on Forces, he probably has a soft spot for Silver and that's great

Anybody else feel like the pacing of cutscenes in Forces is way too fast? So much shit happens in such a small amount of time, and the characters talk so fast and so much that it feels like there's little time to breathe, even for a second.Or maybe that's just me

No you're right. The worst is how the fade-out happens even before the characters stop talking.

Not just you, there are some pacing problems with the story in general. I don't remember which scene it is, but one of them fades to black right after a character says something, like there was no time to just let the line breathe.

Of course the bigger pacing problem is the fact that we just get "6 months later" card to let us know Sonic was put in jail and the Resistance formed, and then suddenly we're in the resistance base being introduced to the Avatar. We really could have used some short scenes of standard resistance member fighting Eggman's forces and Sonic in prison prior to that.

C'mon, step it up! You're too slow!