/ss13g/ - spessmen on a spess station

Last Thread:
Last time on /ss13g/ - spessmen on a spess station:
>three brave men grow so much fruit the universe twists into itself and retches, smites all reagent containers into nothingness as an act of retribution
>someone makes a heatmap just to shitpost dorms
>not one, but TWO lings get butthurt when they pretend to be a ling in front of sec and get cremated for it

>What is Space Station 13?
youtube.com/watch?v=FHH1vfY6HTA
pastebin.com/VNcX2Quc

>New player guide
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/The_Basics
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/General_Help

>BYOND client
byond.com/download/build/LATEST/

>Pomf Serbian, main Veeky Forumsstation server
byond://game.ss13.moe:7777

>Test server
byond://ss13.moe:1337

>Public server list
byond.com/games/exadv1/spacestation13

>How do I connect to the servers?
Hit the cogwheel in the upper right corner of the BYOND hub and pick "Open Location"

>OH GOD MY GAME FROZE BUT I CAN STILL SEE CHAT HOW 2 FIX??
Downgrade your BYOND version to byond.com/download/build/510/510.1347_byond.exe

>Veeky Forumsstation forum and logs + Discord circlejerk
ss13.moe/forum/
game.ss13.moe/logs
discord.gg/HQA4Mhm

>Map renders collection: updated sometimes
game.ss13.moe/minimaps/images/maps/

>Coderbus, here!
github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13
@rizon #coderbus @rizon #vgstation
discord.gg/nfmjc56

>Cryo Autism
pastebin.com/raw/YmAyagUa

>Round Stats
stats.ss13.moe/

>SS13 booru for all your SS13 images!
ss13.booru.org/

>How To Install BYOND: The Video Tutorial: The Movie
youtube.com/watch?v=-iWiZwv9f1o

>Nostalgia
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/text/ss13g/
ss13.moe/index.php/bans

>OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/raw/z7czw5WQ

2hotdogs

/me pecks kammer

AI LOOC’D ME IN MY OFFICE

0hotdogs

wordcloud of AI announcements

2hotdogs walks among us

Post simple bridge console ideas. Good ones will go in the bounty I will post.

what do you mean

You are bringing some quality warm Donk pocket to the thread

Bridge consoles or bounty, what part are you lost on?

bridge consoles

Timeframe? I've heard a lot more EXCELLENT than "space sztation thirteen"

Theres a distinct lack of shit to do on the bridge. More consoles/tools/buttons to do more shit would be nice.

2014-filename

Honestly I can’t think of anything off the top of my head. What would you like to do from the bridge that ya can’t currently?

give the captain his own personal butler cyborg with laws set just to listen to him and a console to change its model on demand only he can use

A red button that says "Don't press this!" under a glass case
Pressing the button fires BSA at you

*me throws wub at kammer

Oh actually I thought of something: for some reason the bridge only has 1 “code red swipe” thingy, all the others are in head of staff offices. 2 would be nice so you could just say “meet me at the bridge so we can call 911”

Shield control? Then those times engineers actually set up external shields you can go and mash that SHIELDS UP button.

One of the console ideas I was kicking around was a damage control station or something along those lines. Something to direct mommis to problem areas or forward requests when there isnt an AI.

Another is an firelock/external airlock control panel. Vox trader doesnt get clearance to dock? No access.

Good idea!

Yea I never got why that was like that. HoP and Capt offices arent always an option so that makes sense.

Although on second thought, right now I don't think the starscreen shields are really good for anything except stopping carp since the explosion radius of a meteor tears right through them, and they don't stop blobs either.

Be a good time to make them worth using then eh?

Excellent is a lot newer IIRC

Agreed, yeah. Might be a fun thing to make at least moderately useful seeing how much the game’s rng and tensioners tend to spam spiders and carp

MY FUCKING BYOND KEEPS LOADING GAME INFORMATION
IT'S BEEN LIKE THIS FOR A WEEK HELP
HAS ANYONE HAD THIS SHIT

It was used yesterday and caprs still managed to get into and attack parts covered by it. A spider did too

Let the captain highlight specific jobs using a console to show newcomers what he thinks we need.

Good idea
This is a tangent but anyone else ever notice “byond latejoin magic”? Like you’ll all be talking about how you’re not sure who’s gonna set up power this shift and then like clockwork a CE joins. I’ve lost count of the amount of times this has happened

Whats the issue with shields? Are they just not thicc enough?

Let captain control a remote controlled mommi from his bridge that lives on the derelict and can send them items when there's nothing better to do
Give captain an improved supply console that's vastly more expensive but directly teleports mats to the rooms specified and has no 2 min delay, so he can splurge all his captain bux sending medical supplies to nearly dead people he can see on his console, or lower the access reqs and put it outside so impatient people can order stuff from it to not deal with cargo in exchange for money actually mattering

is your computer set to a language besides english

One of the issues is that this stuff applies to meteors and doesn't recognize shields as a barrier.

FUCK YOU DYLAN

Did the advanced camera bugfix go in? I used them the other day and there was no change in function for me and they still broke like normally. No borg listing, no text mode, etc.

Yeah,japanese for...reasons.

tfw the adminclub will never stop until all sec players are dead

I switched it back to english and it doesn't seem to work

Worked for me ;)

Lobby players can see announcements, and can see that engineering is (0) all the way down.

I've tried everything and nothing worked

How so?

I do think a (requested) by the job would help people make a choice and encourage players to try new things.

>Clown (13) (Requested)

Its a really good idea and I dont imagine it would be that complicated to pull off either.

Let the captain have a pet giant spider and pheremones to make people friendly to it like carp pheremones
Let the captain have a console for requisting the aid of mercenaries via NT or traitor captains ask for more traitors
Add a machine that lets you put effects like mechanics scanner function or slippiness on PDA's

HoP needs a console to increase the number of a role

Like if the janitor or chef goes braindead the HOP can just bump up the limit on that job

>Let the captain have a pet giant spider and pheremones to make people friendly to it like carp pheremones
Kill yourself
>Let the captain have a console for requisting the aid of mercenaries via NT or traitor captains ask for more traitors
Sounds actually good
>Add a machine that lets you put effects like mechanics scanner function or slippiness on PDA's
HoP has a PDA cartridge vendor that gives that shit, also painting the pda on the PDA painter to clown color gives it slippiness

Join:
Clown (3)

The emergent gameplay with this one would be interesting. Abusable but if we make it a centcomm admin request they have to ok, then there wouldnt be any. Only concern is shitmins ignoring it like faxes.

Let them order more Jukeboxes since you can't make or copy or order those anywhere else

Last time I painted a clown PDA it did not do this. I do not believe you, sir.

Could have it create generic jobs based on department. Where it can make "Hired [engineer, security, scientist, doctor, service, cargo]" jobs for the lobby to indicate that a position is needed there. Some specific job titles are excluded but you are allowing for more roles than normal.
The jobs get general access according to title. Prevents 200 clowns.

>make bag of holding
>fill it to the brim with slip pdas
>outfit sec with them as taser replacements

Hacking it should remove that limit for traitor hops.

>em*rgent g*meplay

that plan is bananas!
literally.

>2561
>walk into bar
>battle of lil slugger starts playing

Oil refinery station with battle of lil' slugger blasting through loudspeaker when ?

oil refining on roid when

Oil refinery station when?

Just placed a $5 bounty for character preferences allowing you to change your joined shift message to "[Playername] transferred to the station from [his/her] first job at the oil refinery."

African children thank you

Bridge machine that shows a map of the station and you can pin each area red, orange or green with that being bad, satisfactory or good. Red places get cut pay and if they keep being bad no pay. Green get more. Would be cool if money had any real value

This could be a good april fools PR

timing is everything

Text mode wasn’t in the fix

What’s it look like when it’s breaking?

Anything you'd like from other servers in this one? I like the tg golems. Not the spawning in the burny place thing, just the variety of them.

Shuttle animations when you join in and when you leave
Muh immulsions

So wait that picture some threads ago was actually kammerjunk?

DUDE BUT THE COMPETITIVE META
THINK OF THE COMP SCENE BRO

Frankly there are a lot of things in ss13 that make absolutely no sense whatsoever and that any normal company would be quick to remove, but we can't because of our special brand of autism

Guest passes
They’re probably not in already because of the fear that people would abuse them too hard

Cryo. To prevent people from abusing it you can only cryo willingly, when you do cryo, your stuff is teleported to a special vault in the HoPs office if you have important and irreplaceable shit like the janicart key

player owned vending machines when?

I’m p sure that’s in the game
I’ve seen QMs build vending machines with custom stock and when you buy an item it’s wired to the Cargo account. (As if it makes a difference when you already have 5000$. Greedy villain, he was.)

I think check Guide to Construction or even Guide to Advanced Construcion for the details

I unironically like climbing on tables.
Also old-TG cooking is infinitely superior to Veeky Forums cooking in my opinion. The problem was only the interface (table crafting is ass). New TG cooking is dogshit though. Viro in Veeky Forums is actually the best implementation I've seen anywhere, but the probabilities are completely out of whack. Another option is strand lineage: maybe optimistic can mutate into either gaben syndrome or gibbington, but not other symptoms. This way you can have actual skill instead of just praying to the rng gods and you can actually do what you set out to do. This is also good for when the cops come knocking and find a huge gibbington farm, they know you did it on purpose.

alternate screen for the station alert computer, map showing areas with air alarm/fire alarms active in red, no power in grey, neither in green. Makes it easier to assess station damage for shuttle call purposes

>climbing tables
We've been over this many times, the map layout would have to change drastically. Besides, it's already implemented, it even got buffed recently :^)

Same as before. If I close the menu when in camera mode it leaves me stuck in camera mode until i blindly move away and then it wont show any more cameras when I go back.

>the map layout would have to change drastically.
Yes, this is obvious. But it still makes a lot of things easier/more convenient, especially when some autist starts making a gay bar in the middle of the hallway or some shit. Basically it's a more versatile version of table flipping.
:^)

I’m not against it, but you’d have to revamp Windoors to be less clunky because you’d basically have to Windoor spam all of the medbay lobby + the security lobby simply to maintain the same degree of security as before.

The chefs tables could be turned into custom cafeteria line tables that can be stuffed with food but not climbed, but I have no idea what could be done for the bartender to prevent their job from turning into a living nightmare

We don't have it for a reason, because else people would simply lmao climb in most departments and smash windoors.
This isn't the greytide server (allegedly)

Replace his beanbags with buckshot

It's easy to fuck with someone who's trying to get on top of a table as it takes time and stuns them on top of the table for a while before they can do anything, including moving off the table. The chef should be fine (and it's not like getting a couple tools from storage is any hard anyway to disassemble tables semipermanently)

Have you tried “cancel camera view” instead of closing the interface box itself?
I’ve had the cams cut out on me with a white screen before, but not yet a “no cameras at all on the minimap” since the fix

like what?

I thought it was already possible?

The chef has rtables which you need a welder to deconstruct, the big “chokepoint” here being eye protection for welding.

Really basic stuff goes a long way in this game just because people don’t bother. Same goes with other similar stuff like hacking airlocks

you know what we really need, more clown costumes in a variety of colors. Not just those bunko costumes in the vendor i meen actual clown garbs and shoe colors

Instant kill memestungs
Stuns as instant death
The whole of R&D
Some wiznerds spells (notably Doppelganger, Dimensional Push - nerf when ?)

Basically the whole combat system which encourages avoiding actual prolonged engagement, slipping, stunning and cuffing people
But lmao Byond

A way to put areas on lockdowns remotely, either by electrifying doors/bolting them, cutting off the AI, activating shutters.

Speaking of variety, just the variety of things you can spawn as in TG is nice. Cog Scarabs to try out that crap, abandoned NT/syndy crew, random bartender on an asteroid in the middle of nowhere, free golems. Most of them are useless and no one plays them but the free golems at least are a nice way to play around with mining

[08:57:59]ADMIN: HELP: SerWind/(Diego Pavlov): I would like to place ten dollars down that this bartender is Avada - heard by 4 non-AFK admins.
[08:58:15]ADMIN: Meet me in dorms/(Darcey Draudy) jumped to SerWind/(Diego Pavlov)
[08:58:20]ADMIN: PM: Goldsteel/(Dee Fibb)->SerWind/(Diego Pavlov): Bet accepted.
[08:58:25]ADMIN: Praecordia/(Cindy Kate) jumped to SerWind/(Diego Pavlov)
[08:58:48]ADMIN: Meet me in dorms/(Darcey Draudy) used who verb advanced (shows OOC key - IC name, status and if antagonist)
[08:58:51]ADMIN: PM: Goldsteel/(Dee Fibb)->SerWind/(Diego Pavlov): Curiously, what is your reasoning?
[08:59:02]ADMIN: PM: SerWind/(Diego Pavlov)->Goldsteel/(Dee Fibb): He's either roleplaying a prick or is genuinely one
[08:59:48]ADMIN: PM: Goldsteel/(Dee Fibb)->SerWind/(Diego Pavlov): Bad news buddy. Use 'Who'
[09:00:00]ADMIN: PM: SerWind/(Diego Pavlov)->Goldsteel/(Dee Fibb): damn

the job dedicated to making explosives because ???? even though we have an actual nuke on the station round start if it comes down to wanting to blow it up