pastebin.com/uGj4AUHR
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?1553-Total-War-Warhammer-II-Modifications

>History information:
totalwar.com/blog/what-the-teams-are-working-on-07-06-17
totalwar.com/blog/a-total-war-saga-announce-blog
Summary:
Saga title is a spiritual successor to Rome 2. Some are guessing the map will be Britannia.
Next big history game is a setting they've never done before. Will feature "important character relations that occur between the major personalities in the game."

Previous Screenshot sharing and campaign posting encouraged!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sSeVoGb_ARA
youtube.com/watch?v=Md5bfV-FHA4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Tibet#Tibetan_Empire_.28618.E2.80.93842.29
youtube.com/watch?v=X8zCv0AHnCs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for advisor-chan

What will Tomb Kings sound like?

alive and updated Total Wars:
>WH1/WH2
>Rome II

dead Total War games:
>Attila
>Shogun 2

Fuck off Tzeentch

reposting, so you know what happened to the settings you are playing right now

youtube.com/watch?v=sSeVoGb_ARA

They better make a Total war AoS
The units are too cool not to

youtube.com/watch?v=Md5bfV-FHA4

Is Kemmler a good starting LL if I have a necromancer itch?

Pretty fucking tired of playing vampires all the time so I want to do a full necromancer run but I don't if Kemmler is still horrible

Foundation Kemmler is great.

you wot

* blocks your path *

Oh right, guess I'm playing fantasy

Hey /twg/, I'm working on a siege map mod for Warhammer. Give me your thoughts on this overall formula for a bunch of non-unique cities pls
>minimum 3 wall sections (I'll get into why 4 might not be a good option in a sec, despite being possible)
>Attacker starts outside of the range of the towers
>tower range might be nerfed, since you no longer start in the middle of their range, to give your troops a shot of getting to the walls
>limited number of building blocks with wide streets to make sure the AI can handle it
>a bit more room
I don't claim this will fix Warhammer sieges 100% but I'd like to think it's an improvement. Any thoughts, something I'm missing or could be changed or improved?

I originally wanted to make regular four sided cities (and you can make those) but since defending units flee not towards the victory square but towards the closest map edge (which is the one further into the city in vanilla maps) it means that any defenders that rout will flee out of the city and potentially through enemy units. On the one hand this would also stop the annoying thing where enemy units flee into your city, rally, and then go for the victory point. On the other hand your own units fleeing out of the city and potentially into enemies would also be annoying.

I guess what I'm basically asking: is your units routing out of the city and potentially into enemies in exchange for an extra wall section a good trade?

Why the fuck is the DLC not for Attila.

Very knightly

What is he thinking /twg/ ?

My mom is my aunt.

>my feet itch
>that gobbo has been stuck in my teeth for a week
>these orcs smell funny
>why is there a bouncy ball with a mouth hopping around
>grimgor can't stop scowling
>I wonder what my sister is doing tonight

>"foundations update when?"

Looks decent to me. Is that the entire space of the map, and attackers spawn on the North/South? I like that. I question the necessity for turrets on the East/West walls though, presumably for aesthetics.

>tfw won't be able to eat ashigaru sushi tonight because no crossover total war

>Bada Bing, bada boom
>Get these mortals outta my Tomb

>Click on Phoenix Guard
>No sound
WTF CA?!

repostan for fuck up

So...people can just sneak in flyers?

>Ey, this pyramid is for Khemrians only. No Micks and no niggers. Capisce?

Nah, that's just the pic that's like that. This as big as you can a map, anything outside of that cannot be edited in any way. The tower range is pretty insane, it covers a little under two of those green boxes, which is why it'll have to be nerfed. If the attacker starts outside their range his units will be pretty fucked up by the time he gets to the walls.

The goal is to get the (non karak at least) sieges closer to regular TW sieges, so I'm aiming for 3 wall sections at the very least.
Elaborate? I mean, flyers can essentially bypass walls already in vanilla. After the initial dash over the walls the defenders can't really do anything about them.

What I'm saying is that towers need to be strong if you can invade from all directions. Not whole map range, but they need to do noticeable damage.

Ah, I understand. Yeah, tower damage should remain the same. But siege towers and rams also still need to be able to survive and get through. As it stands right now in vanilla, where we start smack in the middle of the towers range, several siege towers still get destroyed easily.
I should probably clarify that by "nerf" I mean maybe... 20% shorter range? Putting fewer defense towers might also help.

So is Mortal Empires and W2 fixed and great now?

>"I miss Albion"

Norsca and Foundation update ain't even out yet. Come back in January.

Yeah, I agree with the siege towers/rams 100%.

With turrets and focused artillery, you should be able to take out siege towers, not just regular wall towers.

One good thing about the DLC even though its for fucking R2.

We don't have to talk about cunting fantasy any more.

Stil needs doots. And the fabled update.

Soon we can talk about based Ireland and our favourite ways of killing Vikings.

Stop talking about fantasy now :)

HOPLITAI HAPLOI

>With turrets and focused artillery, you should be able to take out siege towers, not just regular wall towers.
Unless it's a bug or something, I think you actually can in ME. I had a Bretonnian blessed catapult do damage to a siege tower in a battle. Granted, the damage it did was fucking miniscule.

>January
Reeeeeeeee

November is Divided Empires month, while December will be spent frantically patching ME.

>40 hours in WH1, just got it a week ago or so when it was on sale
>haven't touched anything but VC in all that time

There is still a lot to talk about.

Next year, bois.

more like never, and that's good

Out at the same time as TK
Wife's son works at CA

Yeah no.

Fantasy lacks the amazing battles that Attila had. The heroes also bog everything down. It's too RNG.

Attila has still yet to be dethroned as the best Total War.

There is no better gameplay experience than the absolutely cataclysmic battles you can have in that game.

N E V E R E V E R

Shogun 2 is the best Total War you fag.

Could be argued. I have more hours in S2 than Attila.

It also runs a helluva lot better and doesn't have Attila's sometimes overly complex mechanics.

Attila can feel like a collection of minigames smashed together:

religion minigame
hygiene minigame
family tree minigame
politics minigame
development minigame

Focus on one too much and the others all get unbalanced and explode.

>tfw you lose a quick battle after 10+ straight victories and drop 8 ranks
It's not fairs bros, also Norsca when?

Pike and Shot when?

>sigmarines
>cool
litually kys

>mecha dryad
>not cool
Umm sweetie?

>when you hate the Bretons so fucking much, you'd rather ally with an undead

I pray

quick, choose a faction

Tibet

wood elves are based allies on every play through for me
doesnt even matter what race i am

japan for them trade deals and matchlock muskets

>CA makes P&S
>it's a FotS style game with very limited scope, like just the Italian Wars or something

Mortal what?
crack when?

>light cavalry is something to be hyped for.
Why?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Tibet#Tibetan_Empire_.28618.E2.80.93842.29
Learn

I need Pontus memes

Potatoes and throwing potatoes. Interesting

>light cavalry

stormvermin (censor bearer)

NO

Thx manfred, really TY...

What are some must have mods for Attila? I have this so far.

>replying to the wrong post

Dwarf Ram Riders (Lance & Barding)

I heard that Fall of Eagles mod was alright

meant for

Hussars have never done anything good.

t. Mehmed IV

>Caledonian Spearmen

>In the northern lands, far removed from the warmth of the Great Middle Sea, where winter days are short and bleak but the hospitality, like the camp fire around which it gathers, is warm. Where the heather and the thistle scratch beasts' legs and ancient oak forests harbour magic and lore of the former folk. In this land of Kaledonon live the most free men on earth. Through glens and valleys they drive their beasts, and by night sit and tell tales and sing songs. But just as the lands in which they live can be harsh as well as kind, so too can such men. These men are the Gaisocrotiatoi, crofters, farmers, folk of the land. But challenge them, insult their kin, threaten their freedom, and you shall find yourself with a spear to your throat and solid shield breaking your nose.

>Historically, on archaeological evidence from the Early Iron Age (c.500BC-AD1) and later Pictish carved stones, it appears that spears and projectiles were the most common form of weapon to be used in this part of Britain. Archaeological examples of projectiles include a pair of bone javelin heads recovered from North Uist in the Outer Hebrides and elsewhere. Furthermore several iron javelin or spearheads have been recovered from the hillfort at Traprain Law in East Lothian, dated to the end of the Europa Barbarorum II timeframe or shortly after. Additionally, bronze spear butts, either in globular or projecting form, have been recovered across the north of Britain, including of Traprain Law and as far north as Harray Broch, Orkney. Such spear butts are recorded by Romani authors as having emitted a sound when shaken, and their form attests to maritime links with communities in what is today Ulster in the north of Ireland.

>bunch of autists on horses think they are hot shit because they added wings on their backs.
Compared that to true loyal warriors like the Jannisaries.

Those autists on horses routed armies 8 times their size

Is it just me or do Japanese soldiers stand out the most amongst East Asian armies?

It's those banners they wear on the back I swear

Skewed numbers to make themselves look good.

why dont beastmen just sack athel loren during winter

Elves keep routing them.

?
user?
They were pretty great medium shock cavalry that was better than you could expect from their stats.
I mean bunch of nobles and their commoner companions LARPing as Romans and Sarmatians.

There is no winter in Athel Loren.

>never click on a twc link

youtube.com/watch?v=X8zCv0AHnCs

doesnt the king suicide every winter and is reborn in spring

>Chad Slinger

So who is the virgin? The javelineer? The archer?

It's criminal that of all the TW games they didn't put first person in Warhammer

The virgin javelineer who hides behind his shield

Turks should just btfo forever. Just admit your empire was shit. Medieval 3 when? So I can play as the Polish and Kill the disease before it takes hold of Eastern Europe.

Hussars are basically impractical fantasy shit

For a second I thought this was Mount&Blade Warband.

trick question, every history unit is virgin

Vienna could have been a great enlightened city like Istanbul.