Dying waifu edition

>went into a bossfight with tonfas

nformation
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Dragon of the North
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Defiant Honor
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Bloodshed End

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>What should I do with the armor/weapons I don't want/use?
Check if you can donate any at the hidden teahouse for daily/clan rewards. Otherwise preferably disassemble them. You can also sell them to Tome or donate to Danjo at the Teahouse if you need a bit of extra glory or cash. Later on you'll be keeping them for Soul Matching, but don't worry about that until you get to NG+.

>The blacksmith is expensive, should I be using it?
You don't need to. Throughout WotSamurai and WotStrong you will constantly be finding better gear and builds don't matter so much. Soul Matching is expensive and intended for late game. If you do find a weapon you really like, try reforging it's effects using spirit iron, it's the cheapest and easiest way to improve a weapon.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armor and weapons when you defeat them. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armor/weapon.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most.

Beginner's guide:
pastebin.com/PkSN7nYt

FAQ:
pastebin.com/VEHby7kd

Smithing text list:
pastebin.com/d4gaLiHk

Unique helmet list:
imgur.com/vr1oLWu

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IfQumd_o0Gk
youtube.com/watch?v=I482t6JhL4g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

n-th for comfy

So apparently some of the exclusive helmets are dropped by dev placed phantoms? Least that's what the wiki says...

new thread. how do you parry in this game? a skill or certain weapon?

certain skills on weapons, usually mid stance + square, sometimes triangle

1kat, 2kat, kusarigama, axe, probably tonfa all have parries, the others probably do too but I forget.

bare-handed sword claps baby

there is no greater pleasure than butchering red memon and wotw revenants, lads

You need to unlock parry skill from relevant skill tree. Some weapons don't have any, some weapons have more than one. No need to unlock all of them though.

Tempest - Backwave line in 1kat best parry btw.

When do I stop wearing purple Warrior of the West set items for something else?

Also Mitsunari is crazy, guy never gives me a chance to ki break or let me combo him while he's drained. Felt like I was cheating using a Shinobi Box and fully used 2 Quick Change Scrolls

OK, so higher DR and 200 toughness or more is what I want to aim for right?

>When do I stop wearing purple Warrior of the West set items for something else?
when you find something better

You don't need to bother yourself with gear until Way of the Demon. Just equip whatever is better.

I'm wearing Exceptional set right now 20%~ bonus skill damage is too hard to pass up.

What are the better sets though? Fanatic's and Crossed Sickles look nice, especially the former but almost no revenant wears that set. Crossed Sickles is pretty rare too

Crossed sickle is very popular for damage from behind builds.

I need to FUCK a moth.

Whenever you actually want to. Set bonuses are a matter of guiding and enhancing your playstyle, and the game's easy enough without anyway.

One of the most underrated sets 2bh

First time going through Nioh and i want to try a Spear/Dual Sword build, is there anything i should consider when leveling my character?

>guy craft a really powerful weapon, spend millions on it
>die and get it stolen by some dude that fought his bloodstain

I'd say it's the best offensive heavy set.

Consider focusing on one weapon.
It will likely be tough to focus two due to scarcity of Samurai Skill points and stats

You will get enough for two or three weapons eventually though

Level Flying Monkey skill asap

>Skill damage
>Stacks with Tornado damage which is also from the same set
>Buffs Karajishi attack and defense
Based Sakon.

>grinding familiarity
>get dual swords done
>respec and do something else
>forget I had the mission 'grimmest blades' unlocked
>do it without respeccing back into 2 kat
>beat him with just the vanilla moves
His ai felt a lot less active than Yagyu.

Start by focusing on one weapon. You will need 300k proficiency to unlock veteran dojo mission so don't spread it too thin, pick a weapon and stick to it.
By the end of main campaign you will have enough skill points to max out 2 weapons. By the end of DLC - 3. By the end of all ng+ modes you will swim in bonus samurai points so you will be able to try virtually everything you want.

No. Do whatever you want, stats are immediately apparent, everything is useful and you get points for everything anyway, you'll have enough samurai skill points for two weapons as you go and everything's easy enough when you learn the combat. The only solid recommendation for stats is to have enough Spirit for all the passives, but again you would likely have noticed that yourself.

It's a shame Kara-jishi's guardian spirit attack is so shit.

Crossed Sickles carried me until Way of the Demon.

Most of the late game build consist on mixture of tatenashi + one or two other grace sets. There is an accessory called yakasani magatama which drops required set piece for set bonuses by 1. It is a mandatory for these multiset builds.

Grace sets will be available on Way of the Demon. Most of them completely useless while selective few of them seriously good.

Hayabusa is another good set too.

It looks nice but you can get much more damage with other combinations. Opportunity cost is high desu.

It's gotta have some kinda drawback. I find that's the case with almost all the spirits for me though, if it has the stats I like then it has an attack I don't. Makes it difficult to settle.

Honestly i find good talisman attacks hard to pass up for simple passive bonuses.
Octopus grandpa is too fucking good for debuffing and chip damage so i still use him even in higher difficulties.

Hate to ask such a goddamn stupid sounding question but
How do smithing texts... work?

Enko is my favorite GS attack. You launch it forward, it explodes, then spawns to more explosive balls. Murders big enemies, including tengus, and sets them on fire if they aren't resistant to it. Makes it easy for a discord setup.

It's probably the worst summon in the game, BUT karajishi passive buff is what makes him really good. I think it's around 40% increase after a skill move connects, which outdamages kato passive ccd.

Do the weapons you choose at the start lock you into having to use them for the rest of the game because you miss out on something really good if you don't use them or can I swap from Odachi and 1 kat to 1 kat and 2 kat?

Certain bosses drop them and certain missions have them as rewards, get them and when you go to the blacksmith you'll be able to forge it.

Literally doesn't matter.

You give them to the blacksmith and then you can craft the item

It doesn't matter, but the stats you get from it are permanent.

that's a relief, I was worried that I was going to gimp myself for changing my mind.
2 kat is way more fun than I thought it would be, and Odachi feels weird.

You can use anything and everything, it only determines what shows up in the first item spots and a small handful of stats, and you might want to build up proficiency with the ones you pick but you would do that anyway for the skill points.

2kats are too fun. Just wait until you get The Shrike, Sign of the Cross, Windstorm... it has the coolest skills, imo.

Odachi has awesome living weapon and it has some nice moves. You might want to revisit it later.

I am fucking sick of 2kat and 1kat though so my opinion is biased. Since I learnt animation canceling to iai, those two weapons became nothing but spam one skill for me and ruined my experience. I deal lots of damage but gameplay looks so ugly. Don't make my mistake user

Is it possible to do a One Kat build for WOTW and WOTN?

2kat will get old extremely fast, it's just a sign of the cross machine
now swinging a giant Yokai bloodstained cleaver around and using it to vault over enemies to cleave them in half is the definition of fun
>that passive damage bonus on full health coupled with rejuvenation talismans to heal chip damage

Do you people do all sidequests? Or try to get to NG+ as soon as possible?
I'm considering just going to NG+ so I get the new rarity

>It's an "every Revenant is wearing Warrior of the West gear and using single katana" episode
Boring ass nigs.

I'm playing since release and i'm barely done with main campaign because i was taking my time to thoroughly clean the entire game and coop around.
>tfw summoning randoms to give them some glory but at least 50% of them can't even last through a side quest before dying from stupid shit

of course, hayabusa is arguably the endgame build, which is kinda fitting since it's team ninja.

Is there any way to see my overall damage reduction like on a status screen? Everyone says it matters and defense doesn't but all I can find is my overall defense

Does Increaing your Guardian Spirit's Level increase the damage of Guardian Talismans when you use it

WHY DON'T SOME NIGS DIE USING A GOOD KUSARIGAMA? I'M STILL USING A WHITE RARITY CUSTOM KUSA, FUCK

>reach ng+
>have the divine 2kat from yamato
>so does every revenant I try to fight

upgrade never

how do i into kusarigama? I feel like everything takes so long to start up

Can revenants show up as hanzo, okatsu, whatever

I see, Guess i'll go with Odachi 2 Kat for now, i'm only at the second area, haven't been able to beat that bat lady of paralysis yet. so maybe it'ls a little early to talk shit about the Odachi.

what am i in for lads?

Considering you knew to take a screencap of that specific cloud, you already know what's you're "in" for

So alot of people beat the game but I haven't seen one Orochi post.

the bitch said: turn back if you want to lie or something in a creepy voice. im hella scared. any tips on defeating this boss?

youtube.com/watch?v=IfQumd_o0Gk

A legendary Pokemon.

Hit in face when beam. Big damage.

Lightning strikes FOUR times

this vs hat in time which is more epic

It's only what you make it.
I did sidequests. Personally I think people would get the most time and fun along with the best experience if they went through everything "legit" rather than cutting corners to skip to the higher weapon levels and rarities.
Forge one nuggah.
Use high/low stance weak and mid/low stance strong for quick attacks, in particular I love low strong. Use your vastly superior range and great movement skills to space things out free and ez.

Use the High Stance vine skill that pulls enemies close to you, then go to town on Mid quick attacks.
Laugh as every human enemy is stunlocked to eternity.

I just killed a dude who dropped one piece of "The Last Great General's armor" and i assume he had the rest and it looks awesome, where else does it drop?

Is it faster to Become a visitor or killing revenants at the bridge level for glory farm?

Visitor easily

Descriptions usually say who wore the armour, wait until you get to who that was and that is generally your best bet for getting the rest of it.

Hosts can be very retarded though so you need to be able to carry them

Nah. Even if your host is retarded and dies the second you get in his game, you make more glory than killing a revenant, if not by much.

Alright, Sanada Yukimara. Whoever that is. I haven't come across them yet. Thanks m8

youtube.com/watch?v=I482t6JhL4g

fuck, am I supposed to grind for ten years before facing the first island boss or something?

I'm switching stances, I'm using buffs and consumables, my weapon is level 9 (highest that's dropped so far), and I still can't kill this fucking ship ogre

goes perfectly fine until it starts dropping black water everywhere then the fucking thing randomly oneshots me

learn to ki pulse, if you ki pulse in the "black water" called yokai realm puddles it will purify them and make them go away, if you stand in those puddles your ki will drain and not recover.

Learn how much you can attack and with what attacks before he's able to swing for you. He's big but slow and you can easily maneuver around him and his attacks, you just have to watch for the ones he tries to do to stop that. Don't just change stance for no reason, they all have clear strengths and weaknesses that you need to know of and use to their fullest.
>black water
Did you run through the tutorial? The game explains that and how to deal with it.

Did you even read anything that the game carefully (even with little embedded videos) explained to you like 20 times already?

thanks frends it worked. much easier than the vampire bitch

>this A Fiercer Flame le epic ninja maze sub mission

Fuck this Reddit tier shit, time for Youtube!

you mean way of the wise. demon doesn't have ethereals.

itokuri feels like the worst summon in the game to me. i've actually debuffed people with kara-jishi before.

Do these giant fucks with the long glowing tongues ever get easier to deal with? I have quickly become accustomed to every other type I have encountered so far but these faggots keep pushing my shit in. I'm trying to move away from the babby healing kodama blessing but then one of those show up and all of my elixirs are gone.

2kat is fun and strong as fuck and has never gotten old for me despite having hundreds of hours in the game. It has one of the best human parries and can even parry yokai. God of wind and sotc are your bread and butter but requires a precise button press. Windstorm, water blade, and cherry blossom are all really good too. If you don't have kusarigama equipped with reaper then water sword is a must. The new skills are fun too. Mortal flow is perfect for hitting namahage horns and raijin is just fun to use and can be used for groups. You also have that skill in low stance that lets you dodge during recovery frames which helps a ton with speedy playstyle. Especially against guys like masamune.

Get behind them, block the 360 tongue attack, if you can get them to charge into a wall/rock/whatever they lose all their ki.

Itokuri's slow blobs can be pretty handy when you're farming items, but that's about it. Useful guardian talisman.

>block the 360 tongue attack
This confuses me greatly. Sometimes I can block it just fine but others it seems to go right through my block and straight into my HP even when I have max ki.

They're pesky but you just have to get used to their awkward timing and huge range that punishes certain dodges. They're slow overall outside of their gay punch.
>tfw every time I think of the gay punch I remember that one interview where Yasuda so proudly stated that they changed the game so that things like that would never happen, when they did the exact opposite

Is agility 31 and 69 equal in terms of stamina consumption? Do only breakpoints matter?

Currently using spear and 2kat. should i go:
body, skill, heart
body, skill, stamina
body, skill, strength

i think currently i'm using the third one

Wait until the game makes you fight two of them together.

Yup, 30.0% is the same as 69.9% and 70.0% is the same as 99.9%.

My inventory is getting cluttered as fuck, what should I do with it? Sell, dismantle or get amrita?

Does magic stat boost the damage of elemental talismans, all elemental damage, or is it just stuff like Water Shot?

Offering also gives items, but yes you should be doing those those as you get stuff based on what you feel you need or want. You can do it after every level to keep on top of it, but that's up to you. Keep in mind you can change sorting to see the strongest and rarest, which also sorts weapons by their class. Basically any sorting is better than Newest unless you're looking for something you just picked up.

I offer all the whites I get for muh free elixirs and other shit and dismantle all the other ones to craft purple materials to eventually craft purple weapons. I don't think there's any reason to sell anything since the amount of gold you get from other sources is pretty absurd

What is the highest Spirit requirement for guardian spirits?