/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One Jan 26, 2018, and eventually PC. pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Public Beta on 12/9, 3 days, 3 hunts: G. Jagras, Barroth, Anjanath, PS4 only, requires PSN+
↳Paris trailer 10/30: youtube.com/watch?v=64ql8jQBgsw
↳Demo Gameplay 8/22: youtube.com/watch?v=WBg6KnkpaXU
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC

>Quick Reference
-MHXX Update 1.2.0 w/ Eng Patch v4: my.mixtape.moe/glpowg.png
↳3DS to Switch Save Data App: my.mixtape.moe/ezwmnj.png

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
Gen, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld,
MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous Thread

Black Diablos is beautiful

The handler is growing on me (my dick).

Savage Jho is fuckin obnoxious

Toot Toot

Do NOT toot it!

Is wyvernfire ever viable in G-rank?

i wish that was my dick

NICE ROMAN is always viable

List of casualisations in MHW:

>Healing while running, can dodge while healing
>Moving while shooting
>Heavy and Light bowguns have infinite special shots
>Voice acting and flies telling where to go and what to do
>Too much mobility and anime-esque attacks straight out of XX, including adept dodges with the LS and GS and flying through the air with the IG
>Environment is as good as attacking a monster
>Free traps, flashbugs, etc, everywhere
>Free farcaster that can be used anytime, anywhere as long as you're not near the monster
>Equipment changing mid hunt, including weapons and armor
>Can refill your potions anytime in free hunts, no longer a challenge like they were in Tri or 4U
>No G-Rank
>Guild and village quests were merged, and likely are balanced for single player only, playing coop is now even easier than before, expect end game monsters to be flinchlocked and die in less than 3 minutes, no challenge whatsoever.
>Monsters are much slower and don't adapt well to the environments.
>cut out Prowler, the hardcore gamemode for hardcore gamers such as myself
>Grappling hook, which can be used to grapple to high areas and dodge attacks almost instantly, as well as giving you plenty of time to heal.
>Even easier mounting thanks to much lower mounting threshold (sometimes activating the mount after 1 hit) and the after mentioned grappling hook, which takes you right back into the monster even if you fail the mount
>Heartbeat telling you when to capture
>Damage numbers, prompt on screen that shows you combos and prompt on screen that shows breaks (can be turned off)
>Most weapons were casualised and made overpowered. Almost all of them had their aerial, brave and adept movesets merged
>No negative skills and the new skill system makes so you don't need 10 points for a skill to activate
>Armor is the same for both Gunners and Blademasters
>Mantles give you OP abilities like flying through the air, never be seen by the monster or a FULL NEW HEALTH BAR

I love Barisluts

hi stop calling female hunters sluts they are nice girls

Soon

They are for laying monster eggs.

All Kirin, Barioth, and Narga huntresses are sluts. This is fact.

The rest are debatable.

>you can roll while holding the egg
DROPPED

CHOO-CHOO

>playing MH4U for the first time, at 3 star village quests
>hmm, let's check out the gathering hall quests
>90% of them seem to be gathering quests
Back to singleplayer.

None of the guild hall gathering quests are key quests

No, you won't drop them any more.

lmao

I've been led to believe no G-Rank is considered normal for new releases? I'm pretty new to Monster Hunter so I'm not sure.

Yeah, it is

Yes. They make the base game that goes up to HR only, and then make a G-rank rerelease as a separate entry to jew more money from their audience.
The west has only been getting the Ultimate versions with G-rank for the longest time until Gen happened.

People are all hopeful that world will be different, and that they won't do it again, but there's no reason for them to stop if it's easy money.
They could have done a DLC expansion all those years on the PSP and 3DS but they chose not to.

>The west has only been getting the Ultimate versions with G-rank for the longest time until Gen happened
You fockin wot, m8?
The only time we've ever not gotten a base game was 4, Capcom just dropped 4U right into our laps instead. Not that I complained, mind you. But, you are, in fact, wrong.

I try to forget that Tri was a thing.

Fair

You'd still be wrong anyway, because of MH1 and 2

>2
>p3rd

They'll probably take the DLC route this time.

The key phrase is "for the longest time" not "we never did"

Going from Tri to 4U is not "the longest time"

My bet is they'll release G-Rank as DLC and at the same time release a "World G" edition for people who didn't pick up the base game

Yeah, that's always a good idea.

>I got places to be.

MHW will have barely any monsters!
MHW will be too easy!
MHW will have few quests!
MHW will sell 6 gorillion copies!

why are you here retard?

Why this time? Why not before?

Why would they pass up on exploiting the kind of idiots that support microtransactions, lootboxes, GOTY editions, day one DLC, and season passes?
They've been doing it in the west for the longest time with SF. Even with SFV being a "games as a service" platform they still went and made an Arcade Edition re-release that shits on the original season pass owners despite being a free update.

I hope they will go the G rank DLC route too but I don't know why you all seem so certain it will be this way. I think it's too intuitive and user friendly of a route, it's more likely going to be as cumbersome as always with a second game

Well, putting it like that..... MH seems to be taking a different path from previous titles with World so maybe they will break other shitty habits too

bitch

Because Ryozo doesn't like that crap, bless him

Because they were on Bing Bing Wahoo! hardware and it's easier and more profitable to re-release the game on that hardware. On a modern console it makes more sense to just build on the already existing game rather than throwing it out and substituting a replacement.

Because MH's producer is the CEO's son, and thankfully not a total jew.

>doesn't like being a jew
>makes G-rank a separate release
Actually read the post. It isn't saying MHW will have those things. It's saying that the jew practices transfer over to the west because of the people that like those things.

Read our posts again

I'm just going to say it, after years of coming here: /mhg/ is total shit and has been total shit since 2015. MH4U brought in a lot of newfags that non-stop shitpost about genwars and casualization and dick-flaunting contests of who's favorite game is better. Veeky Forums was a mistake, monster hunter general on /v/ was far, far better.

At what time do the English speaking randoms come on in 4U?

Being on the 3ds didn't stop them from making it DLC. G re-releases sell worse than the base game, so saying it's more profitable to make a whole separate game that you can't upgrade to doesn't make sense. They'd get more people if they just sold it as DLC in the first place.

They aren't going to have a sudden good change of heart if there's money to be made.

Piss off.

Never. You're stuck with 3rd worlders and french 3rd worlders.

>Being on the 3ds didn't stop them from making it DLC
What? MH4U was a re-release, not DLC.

Thank you for gracing us with your words of wisdom, mighty self-proclaimed oldfag

Exactly. They could have made 4G and XX DLC, but they chose not to.
The hardware is not the issue and wasn't an issue back on the PSP either.

You first, faggot.

Piss off

I don't know what it is about MH4U but it brought the fucking worst newfags. I agree with you, user, but the 4Ufags will tell you otherwise.

I can only fucking imagine how much of a shitfest this place will be once World comes out on PC, just like what happened with Souls. PConlies are the worst.

Has anyone else ever thought water and iceblight strange? Former slows stamina regeneration, but also decreases the rate at which it is used. Latter increases stamina use, but also makes it regenerate faster.

4ufanboys are the worst. Always spreading shit whenever they have to make themselves known.

There will be a World Ultimate with G rank and various fixes. World is just the beta for kids that can't wait and normalfags that don't know any better. Mark my words. I am an expert here.

No way, 4U's my favourite but the general went to hell the day demo code appeared.

Yeah, but since it isn't on Bing Bing Wahoo the fixes will be free and the content will be available as DLC or as a new release for those that want it on disc or skipped the original release.

>tfw Glacial Agnaktor applies both

I don't get why 4u brought in the worst people. 3U was a huge newfag entry point but those people assimilated pretty well.

FOOTBALL was the cancer that killed the general. You're right.

No, the actual demo shenaniggas were fine.

This would be perfect. I hope that's what happens.

Monster Hunter was a mistake.

Why are people so convinced Capcom will release G rank as DLC instead of going for the maximum jew route?
Why do they think they'll give out anything beyond the bare minimum (critical bug fixes) for free, and not just deliberately make a ton of shit OP and Up on purpose to make you want to buy the G version where they fix it?

it's not even about the quality of the game. 4U is fine, it's MH.
But the fucking people it brought over. What the fuck even happened?

They want things to be better for the consumer, but just because the platform changed doesn't mean crapcom wants less money.

Where the hell did you get that? Read my post again.

>implying it won't be just as terrible (if not worse) for World
Newfags are cancer regardless of the platform, it's a fact.

Nintendies. The community was bro-tier back on PS2. Never encountered a single player that wasn't friendly.

>Why are people so convinced Capcom will release G rank as DLC
Because they're delusional.
If it happens then good, but speaking about it like it's a sure thing is just dumb.

4U is my favorite game so far, but why are the people it brought just so awful? What specific thing did it do to make the newfag wave so cancerous?

t. FUfag

Oh I felt you thought I was dissing the actual quality of the game when you said it was your favorite. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

who doesnt?

3DS audience, It's not even about Nintendo, 3U was fine, minus Hampus and MLX.

Because it's not actually going to change much, they'll still be charging for it either way

i wana kiss her tummy

Flaming homos.

when will geeky chubsters who have to vent their libido on a game fuck off

What is Meowstress supposed to be?
The result of a cat raping a kirin slut?

When Blanche stop teasing us

nigga its just a little wyverian girl wearing fake cat ears

A Wyverian?
Maybe a Lalafell?

>fake cat ears
D E L E T E T H I S

Did 4 team playtest maps?

meowstress for world

if they weren't fake she would have four ears my dude

It brought the Pokemon crowd online outside of their garbage games. And the earlier monster hunter games had hunters who used the internet before social media and Veeky Forums shitposting was a thing. People who knew how to behave properly in an online community when needed.

Basically it was kids that ruined it with 4U.

Which hammer should I make in P3rd, Narga or Green Narga? I'll be running a set with Weakness Exploit.

>inb4 Alatreon

I know, but I need something I can use until then