Why haven't you started investing in cars yet?

Why haven't you started investing in cars yet?

You don't even need truckloads of cash (i.e. 100k) to invest in stuff like 10+ years old Ferrari's or Lambo's. There's a panic amongst enthusiasts that naturally aspirated engines and manual transmissions are going away, you can pick up something like an older BMW or Porsche for less than 50k and have an appreciating classic you can enjoy or just garage.

Maintenance / garage costs, risk of theft and damage, insurance, etc.

Maintenance isn't really an issue so long as you keep it on a charger and drive it once every month or so, cars don't like to sit around.

Renting a garage is practically free it's so cheap.

The elite within the financial and automotive industries expect used car prices to crash for years, possibly up to 50%.

Naturally sports cars and exotics will be hit the worst. (With the exception of legitimately rare vehicles.)

Best case scenario you hedge inflation and have a cool toy to use for the cost of maintenance.

If you don't have some kind of an edge don't bother.

I bought an e39 M5 from a friend for 22k 6 years ago, and now with the mileage it has and condition they're going for 25k-30k easily. It isn't quite profit if any, but with like $200 in maintenance I'm at least not losing money on a car

I am considering getting one for 20k euros.
Either that or an s2000

S2k doesn't even compare. The M5 is like driving Helios' chariot on fucking crack, but with more horse power

>appreciating classic
lolno

Cars loose money the minute they a driven off the fourcourt, and BMWs are a diamond dozen

>not investing in eth
top kek senpai

>diamond dozen

It actually does, if you drive one you will know what im talking about. Love the revs2000

You spelled Limbo wrong and i cant afford 100 csr garage. ;(

Who put you on the pedal stool to correct my spelling, fucktard?

>cars don't like to sit around.

8 filters can confirm...

>cars lose money off the lot.

Nigga u bought a 72 chevelle recently?

>implying i havent

:^)

ayyy, fellow e39 m5 owner here ()

can confirm for god tier car, as well as amazing investment. got mine for 19k. these fuckers are gonna be worth so fucking much in like 20-30 years.

Lmao, flipping cars.

I have more self-respect than that. Only trashy mechanics are into this sort of investing.

if you dont think classics can be a good investment, head on over to bringatrailer.com and check out how much those cars go for. key is knowing what cars enthusiasts like, what makes them unique, and why they will be worth more in later years. if youre not really into cars/a car guy, dont even bother.

Trashy mechanic here.

Drug limbo out of the junk yard and saved a classic hotrod with 50k on a 455 rocket from the crusher... fun to drive, fun to hotrod, getting free work done on it loaning it to a bro, fun to roast rear tire off, 8 of my best friends always in it, every single fucking car i drive by waves at me. $1,200. Maybe $1,400 counting parts but some are cosmetic. Offered over 3k by several people.

Towtruck bro has convertable mustang. Knows nothing about it. Clutter up his yard. "user i'm gonna need about tree fidy." $350. Find crack pipe under the seat and smash. Guess i know why it got towed. Pop trunk preparing to find drugs. Bigass alpine amp and jl audio 12". Call buddy. "user i dont give 2 halves of a fuck.

Sell car audio for $500.

Free car. Tag and insurance start and price is null. As is taxes.

Go to tag it.

See a bro.

>chitchat.jpg

>muh convertable 5.0.

Bro had one in high school.

$2,500 little man, put that shit in my hand.

$2,500 profit in 3 days dicking off drinking beer.

There is no better investment for tard rednecks u faggot fucking normie.

>He doesnt know what a descent square body is.
>topkek.

Stoy poor

How often does a car actually appreciate? How much maintenance needs to be done to keep them in collectable shape?
Can you post any examples of cars worth at least 10% more than the original retail price?

the next 3 years will determine if your M5 will live or die..

Dope ass story, thanks for sharing

>a diamond dozen
Let me guess, "could care less" is on your repertoire as well, and a lot of "could of".

>getting free work done on it loaning it to a bro
That's like saying getting dinner at a friends house is "free"
Someone is paying for it you dipshit.

Trashy mechanics do exactly what you describe - they get $1,000 cars, spend 100 hours ($50ph x 100 = $5,000) and $500 in parts to fix it up to sell for $3,000 and think they just turned $2,000 profit.

i have an m3 and 3 e30s im saving for a rainy day

Any american muscle car.

Kek. Anytime brother. Gonna mad max this bitch. I lurk on /diy a lot and shitpost if u wanna see other projects. Also i am the Dickfarmer because wolo. We only live once. Also this faggot aie horn i stuck on my bike dicking off saved my life that very day. Forever will have air horns on all my shit. 4 wheelers BTFO and get off your faggot iphones.

I don't like cars.
They're just a mode of transportation to me.

Should I ever make it rich, I'll probably sell my car and just take bicycles, taxis, trains and airplanes.

Can you post actual examples? I'm not a car person and wouldn't know where to look.
It doesn't count if you have to modify the car before you sell or if you're refurbishing old junk cars.

You faggot fucking retard im not counting 1 light bulb or a 4 foot piece of trim worth of glue requirements that shit is pennies.

He will have 50 hours of fuckoff time doing shit that i dont like doing (chasing wires.)

He has fun using fuckoff time productively. I spend some bucks on beer and wire.

Car instantly worth $500 more because all of the lights work now and i spent well under ~$50.

Everyone involved is happy.

The only person butthurt is some basement dwelling neet who argues about sucess while shitposting and using his moms money to pay one of us retard mechanics $25 to do a 5 minute oil change at jiffy lube.

You have no idea what parts cost. You have no idea that labor is free or bartered for. (I will help you change that transmission.) 2 weeks latter guess who is happy to let my borrow a torch? (Transmission bro.)

Its a hobby that pays u fucking cuck and pays well.

An investment would be hiring someone like me who knows exactly wtf is going on but cant be bothered dicking with the cl and fb retards or has poor money management skills.

user i have 6 fucking cars and i havent paid 1 dime of my paycheck for any of them.

Fuck youself.

Have fun getting cucked by a tow truck, triple A, and a tire shop when u get a flat.

3 seperate cuckings and hours of waiting because he doesnt into plug kit.

Tell you what. I will keep wrenching my cars and i will call you when you are 40 and working at mcdicks fipping burgers because your neetbux ran out and u had to finaly get a job.

lol

I legit lol'd

Please faggot. Stay mad. U deserve to be for shitting all over strangers and trying to bring them down. Just fyi i traded a case if beer for 4 rims and tires here. Buddy is trading me a case a week for 5 weeks amd a 6th for delivery.

4 wheeler parts are from a 4 wheeler that was buring ina ditch. Tied my truck to it and drug it out. 300cc honda fourtrax. Valve stuck.

All together 2 or 3 hours of work and biddy is pay $500 if and when success. If no sucess then the axles are good. Have a nice trike axle and front end will ne a yard cart made from junk i have laying around. With parking brake. Omfg honey go buy it. (Muh flower garden.) $200 yard cart.

Stay poor fa fa fa fagit!

Then you have to keep an eye out for classics like chevells, chargers, novas, some comaros, 70s and 80s square body ford and chevy trucks etc...

People know what they are worth but you always have an 80 year old man die with 6 cars that just need a light tune up at a shoo for under 100 bucks and worth 15k and pay the heirs 2k for it. The real money is finding shit like an 80s chevy with a blown motor and needing cab corners welded in it for $1,000. Then putting a little work in it and a big block for 5k and selling it for 16k.

Its like anything else. You just have to learn what to work for, how to market and sell, and i like it because its similar to real estate where i can force appreciation. If i cant fix something i know people that can. I will never be rich fixing up junk but i could eat and make my house payment if i had to. Really helped when i was injured for a year.

wow, you are so hip

>buy junk, work on it until it's not longer junk, then sell it
Do you know what "appreciation" means?

why

Buy a bunch of sc300s and original fieros.

>tfw let grandpas old p car sit until it stagnates and doesn't start anymore
>944
>engines spits and shit when spraying starter fluid into it ~5 years ago
>last drove in 2010
fuck

How much to get it working again? I have some money to blow, but not like >5 grand unless it really is a real asset.
I'm also not mechanically inclined and don't want to get ripped off, there's a shop I really trust but might not be specialized and there's a shop that's specialized but I don't necessarily trust.

its a 944, its not worth it user. I know, its a porsche and it looks cool. i personally love them. but their engines are terrible, and the parts are expensive af and labor intensive, esp if you plan on taking it to the shop. unless you have good mechanic skills and wanna use it as a track car or project car, just sell it now before it depreciates even more.

I'm just more attached to it than I would be if I blew the money on a nice BMW or something.
Maybe I'll try this summer my friend seemed to think all it needed was cycling out the old fuel and cleaning the injectors.
>easy
according to him

What's it even worth and what would a shop run?

Yup. Do you know what 2 hours of beer drinking and tripling your $500 is?

Buy fiero shitbox $1,000. Buy built small block $1,000. Sell fiero with a 350 chevy and lopey cam for 5k. 4 hours of work. $750 per hour side job where u are the boss amd can drink or take breaks or just quit for 3 days whenever u want...

Honestly if my wife wouldnt spaz id quit and open a garage to fill my free time

The shop that u trust is always #1. If they are honestly trustworthy they will tell u if they can fix it or not. Siohon all the gas out u can. None of this ethonal bullshit. Fill it up with good gas and a bottle of heat. Instal a clear inline fuel filet or if its high pressure just get a couple and put 1 on. Get a new battery and pull another car to jump it so you dont kill your new battery. Look for signs of packrats and wasps and get rid of them and nests. Unhook air breather and give it a few small shots of starting fluid.

Cross fingers and take a deao breath. Try and start it. It might fire and sputter. It might run like shit. It might not do anything.

Just gotta find a buddy or a shop and troubleshoot after that.

In the case of the shitbox limbo here thst sat for over 20 years i aired up the tires. Dumoed 5 gallons of gas in it. Enough octane booster and heat to foul a few plugs. Put a battery in it. Fuel filters. Got it to run on either. Stole a carb from dad. Changed plugs. Rocked it back and forth 20 times and drove it out of the ruts it had sank into.

Drove it 3 blocks. Fired the back tire off. Changed it. Went to a gravel lot and cut donuts.

Thanks anons. I see a few on CL for 8-10k range (and one for parts

know i how i know you're poor? you think ferrari will let you flip ferraris.

>Maintenance isn't really an issue
You are talking Ferrari and Lambo dude. The maintenance can become more than a new car.