/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!

/sthg/ #1053 - Sonadow Edition.

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1Yg4kwxlaVrxnoc6Vqo7cfFAPt7CFAg4DTYXeD03W2jI/edit?usp=sharing
youtube.com/watch?v=dKruljZ9FDg
youtube.com/watch?v=AsQXQkYR8AU
dailymotion.com/video/x68tzwy
dailymotion.com/video/x68u045
ign.com/articles/2006/09/26/creating-silver-the-hedgehog
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for Silver a cute!
A cute!!

*Copies your data*

all because the physics are different doesn't mean it wasn't made intentionally to be a classic game. It blows my mind you can't see the hypocrisy between this and adventurefags claiming 06 isn't an adventure game. You're doing the exact same thing, all because something sucks doesn't magically mean it doesn't exist. If 06 is an adventure game than Sonic 4 is a classic game. They both do a shitty job with their respective formulas but they still use them.

Nice season finale Sonicbabs.

New build for the Sonic Character Controller. Now features the Bounce Attack among other camera and physics changes. If you'd like to contribute to the effort of making a 3D Sonic that controls the way you feel he should, jump on in, give it a try and leave a comment in the feedback sheet!

docs.google.com/document/d/1Yg4kwxlaVrxnoc6Vqo7cfFAPt7CFAg4DTYXeD03W2jI/edit?usp=sharing

The next update will feature a new Jump Ball for Sonic inspired by SA2.

Daily reminder that Ken Penders did nothing wrong and is the true creator of Knuckles and is the savior of the Sonic series.

Sonic 4 Episode 1 was originally developed as a generic game for phones and eventually marketed as a classic game. It's debatable at the very least.
Episode 2 is a different story, because it actually tried from the very beginning.

haha bitch

I'm about to head to bed but thank you as always GHPAnon. Seeing your updates is always a pleasure.

Why is he weak?

>gay

Reposting my TGT shit from the last thread

1/2

He couldn't beat up Shadow and has a fragile ego.

It's what I do, man. Happy that you're happy.

Thank you Super Plumber Bro.

2/2

Based Edgerat.

I know. It fucking sucks. Why is Sega so incompetent? What can be done to fix this shit? Does Sega's entire corporate structure need to be rebuilt from scratch just to keep them/Sonic Team from fucking up? Or do the Japanese corporate executives need to get over their misplaced Muv-Luv "YAMATO DAMASHII" style nationalism-induced butthurt over the Sonic franchise not doing as well on the homefront as it does in the west?

Something must be wrong with me, these mics are like a requirement
Post your OC(s), please

I'm fucking dying

You need to do more of these

I AM GONNA KICK YOUR ASS

He probably got a good view up their skirts on the way up

But I love you Sonic.

youtube.com/watch?v=dKruljZ9FDg
youtube.com/watch?v=AsQXQkYR8AU

>Does Sega's entire corporate structure need to be rebuilt from scratch

Yes. As do a lot of Japanese companies

Its not gonna happen though, unless shit goes down the tubes like it is for capcom atm. Or Square having to kick it in gear in fear of becoming capcom. Or Namco... who are just cool, namco is just fucking cool

Since I didn't get any answers in the last thread, I'll ask the question again here while this one's still fresh out of the microwave.

I want to make some word documents for Sonic characters by continuity.

So for each continuity, should I list the game characters that appear in said continuities as well? (Example: AoStH Game Characters: Sonic, Tails, Robotnik. AoStH Debuts: Breezie, Coconuts, Grounder, Scratch, etc)

Or should I just stick to listing the characters that actually made their debut within the continuity in question only? (Example: Sally, Nicole, Antoine, Bunnie and Rotor would appear on the SatAM file but not on the Preboot Archie or Reboot Archie file since that would be redundant under this method.)

Also, under the character's names, should I include links to their Sonic Wiki articles?

Steve's laugh is pretty funny

HEY PLUMBERBOY MUSTACHE MAN, YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE HAS ARRIVED

OR here, bless you. Sorry I didn't respond to you before, was out. These are drop dead hilarious.

user NOW IS NOT THE TIME FOR MERRYMAKING

FUCK YOU EGGMAN

Just try it! After you, that Edgerat is next!

Here it is.

The Season 2 Finale of Sonic Boom, featuring Edgy The Hedgy.

Part 1 - dailymotion.com/video/x68tzwy
Part 2 - dailymotion.com/video/x68u045

BEGONE THOT

The fights are normally really lame and nothing-special in this cartoon (and I don't really expect much more since it's a sitcom first and foremost) so I was surprised to see the fights in this episode were actually pretty enjoyable.

So they’re shitty classic games? Okay.

>Yes. As do a lot of Japanese companies

Jeez, it's that bad for every Japanese company? What are the big problem's affecting the likes of Capcom, Square Enix, Namco Bandai and others? Feel free to go as tl;dr as you possibly can. I assure you I will read it.

is s3 confirmed

I keep autisticly doing challenges and side missions for clothes even though I won't change his appearance.

I need to finish the game so I can take new screenshots of him

No.

I should get better material and stop doing challenges for clothes. But damnit, I want more of them.

>plural

It's something that affects a lot of companies, Japanese, American, Canadian, whatever. The people in charge don't wanna admit that they're wrong & won't fix what's broken unless they absolutely have no choice.

Some people keep saying it's a JP only thing, but it's not. It's just stubborn pride, which is a worldwide issue.

Wasn't 06 originally developed as a different ip that was meant to be realistic before applying the idea for Sonic? both are pretty suspect

But user, Sonic sez smokin's bad for you!

Yes. They basically say it at the end.

huggu

I mean its bad for a lot of companies everywhere

Just in the video game department its just really fucking bad for japan.

I mean you could write whole books, and some people probably will about the stagnation of the american film industry at the moment

good, now put bob-omb battlefield in it

>Shut up and take my money
If it's a reference to a meme that's a direct reference to a line from a show, is it just stealing a joke?

WOO

>Before the Sonic The Hedgehog team was formed, our development team was considering creating a new game (other than a Sonic game) set in a very realistic world, using the physics engine. However, when we were assigned to start concepting for the new Sonic game for next generation platforms, we decided to combine these ideas together.

ign.com/articles/2006/09/26/creating-silver-the-hedgehog

They said 06 was intended to be a reboot to the franchise. When it comes to being regarded as “SA3”, all they did was burrowed the Adventure gameplay style. That’s it.

I've become convinced that SoJ is perfectly content with sabotaging Sonic as long as his Japanese sales are low. That's the only reasoning I can understand why they would force BRB to shit out Boom in a year while being forced to reverse engineer an engine from scratch to fit onto a dying console.

Sonic's legs

>the character that gave Shadow a beating was none other than Metal Sonic
One true hedgehog.

???

Farewell, Sonic Boom. You were the greatest freak byproduct of a botched IP reboot/spinoff.

Yes. I know what I just said.

>The people in charge don't wanna admit that they're wrong & won't fix what's broken unless they absolutely have no choice.

Well considering that the average politician is a clinical sociopath (which seems to be required if you wanna pursue that career), I wouldn't be surprised if the same mindset applies to CEOs as well.

But then again, it may seem like a JP only thing to us because fans of western media can more easily contact good developers or something. Plus the whole cultural differences and language barriers things can be a bitch to deal with.

>Shadow wants to end the fucking universe

Jesus

He had to steal everyone elses powers to do it, and then shadow got bored and left and he still got beaten.

He's still better than infinite though

I mean if i didn't get any characterization and was only used as a corporate marketing tool to get people to watch a show that was at best passable. I would imagine I would wish to end my existence as well

I wish the show was more like this. Not necessarily exactly like this, but even this was much more interesting anyway.

Pretty good use for Infinite.

>I've become convinced that SoJ is perfectly content with sabotaging Sonic as long as his Japanese sales are low.

Why would they do something as stupid as that? If it's because of petty reasons, please explain what those petty reasons are in excruciating detail.

True. Given that SoJ are based in & speaks Japanese & not all of them can read or speak English, it's not as easy giving feedback to them as it is giving feedback to say, SoA or SoE. This doesn't excuse their poor decision making (especially since there should be people who can translate in the company), but it's understandable in a way. Maybe Aaron going to Japan next week will be him giving the feedback from the Forces survey to SoJ?

I guess the idea is that they want Sonic to sell in Japan, but since it doesn't, they wanna tank the series worldwide. That being said, the Sonic games that sold the best (the Adventure games) over there are games a lot of western fans wanna see more of.

What wrong lessons can ST take from Forces?

>more sonadow shit probably incoming

Like Sonadow shippers needed a reason. Not that I'm complaining.

just because they get feed back doesn't mean they will listen
Just because they listen doesn't mean they will understand
Just because they understand somethings doesn't mean they will understand what people want

and it feeds into itself

You asked for it.

The materials didn't import correctly, but the geometry is here.

Stop trying to shove classic Sonic into a 3D engine where the physics can't be duplicated.

I'm not taking health advice from someone who eats nothing but hot dogs.

sonic has two ankles per leg, more at eleven

>Or do the Japanese corporate executives need to get over their misplaced Muv-Luv "YAMATO DAMASHII" style nationalism-induced butthurt over the Sonic franchise not doing as well on the homefront as it does in the west?
>YAMATO AMASHI
They just need more oxygen, that's all

Yeah... how terrible...

Is it just me or is the spin dash a little wonky to aim at times?

It's less to do with Forces and more to do with Mania. They'll take Mania as a way of saying the public loves classic sonic so they'll make a Sonic 5

Oh, holy shit. Nice

>no one noticed Steve calling Eggman "Robotnik."
tip top kek. We were just having a discussion about the name last thread.

Do you read any Sonadow fics?

Sometimes, yeah. I'll look into it.

Sounded like Brobotnik

Nah

Guess who's back.

>some faggot who draws bad comics
You betcha.

I think Heavy Gunner has the best damn design in any Sonic game, not gonna lie.

I like this art style

>going all in on the avatar at the expense of modern Sonic because it was liked
>that boost completely needs to go rather than improving it's level design from Generations
>any lesson that doesn't involve fixing the bad physics

This thread is in desperate need of *BEEP* *BEEP*s

dimps did a better job of Classic Sonic on the 3DS version of Generations, it's not that it's impossible so much as Sonic Team has proven they're fucking incompetent and/or can't be assed to try to recreate it

WOO! FEELIN' GOOD!

So still no word on Super Sonic unlocks?

You never fail to put a big doofy smile on my face, user. Great show.