/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

FACTORY I/O 2.0 All In One Edition
Previous jej: →

The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.
Whether or not a game belongs in /egg/ is a case by case matter, however games that would belong in /svgg/, space voxel games general, are automatically considered /egg/

WebM for physicians:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Algodoo
>Avorion
>Besiege
>Chode - Children of a Dead Earth
>Corneroids
>Crossout
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Factorio
>From the Depths
>GearBlocks
>Garry's mod
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Infinifactory
>Intersteller Rift
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Machinecraft
>Magnum Opus
>REM
>Robocraft
>Robot Arena
>Scrap Mechanic
>SHENZEN I/O
>Space Engineers
>SpaceChem
>Space Station 13
>StarMaden b
>Stormworks
>Skywanderers

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>Minecraft
>The general that quite literally cannot be named.The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off.
>underageb& who won't use the search function and also won't read where are they posting

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames
fromthedepthsgame.com

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

Too bad none of these games will ever emulate a real fully automated warehouse with the entire vertical process

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/--hVzPay5Vo
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=922850758
flexsim.com/factory-simulation/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I want to see a factorio in space with air pressure, composition, temperature and power control as well. Can somebody make this happen?

Well the ship in the picture is actually a station. It's antenna is likely used to pick up signals from specific types of ships and it has all those to increase communication. :^)

Best you could hope for is SS13 with added bells and whistles.
I think you can actually build conveyors in the recent Veeky Forums and/or bay.
Maybe take some code from the grinder/furnace and make an "assembler" that turns raw materials into parts and whatnot?
How about reaction with atmosphere as well. Curing items in plasma/phoron burn mix, anyone?

>Can somebody make this happen?
You're only going to pirate it anyway, user, why would anyone invest the literal thousands of hours for F R E E?

>Company forces games to be played online
>People who play the game spend thousands of hours playing it, possibly way more if you combined everybody
>All of that time is data being mined so a company can make free profit by selling the data to other companies for innovative purposes
>This creates a fully automated society where nobody has a job

>>This creates a fully automated society where nobody has a job

It'll kill the jobs of the many, save the jobs of the few elite, and we're all going to starve. Can't wait.

factorio in space is already gonna habben so just give it time and some autist will mod those things in

>as soon as I add a giant spoiler to my car lemo goes offline

Ripperoni.

Gas Marek

youtu.be/--hVzPay5Vo

sorry m8, duty called
i tried recording the last race we had but it came out in silky smooth 15 fps

Subterranean biodome senpai

I was talking about three dimensional factorio in space, kind of like minecraft industrial mod

cease your fuckery

then all we need to do is add z levels, and redesign the machines to work with those z-levels right?
It doesn't really matter if the graphics stay the way they are, you're still interacting with a simulated 3d worldspace, yes?

Good luck figuring out the pathfinding for that with the bots or bugs. Also have fun saving that. And running that. Active proc-gen world with multiple z-levels lag like shit too. Minecraft manages by not having a whole fuck of a lot going on at any one time.

I HATE so MUCH when NORMALFAGS WRITE like THIS.

>POTS
What did he mean by this?

>tfw everything needs italics support
>tfw they'd abuse italics
>tfw the ride never ends

something about self control

Is the game worth the grind?
I checked it and vehicle handling was absolute garbage and gameplay was boring and also there were fuck all options at the start and everything that looked interesting was locked behind long as fuck grind.
Is it worth sticking around? Does it get better later? Mad Max style game with fully custom vehicles is my dream but the game seems pretty mediocre, especially with all the grind.

I played it when it first came out, and it was fucking trash, and apparently it's only gotten worse.

I really can't even comprehend how this game that's barely /egg/ on top of being terrible and forgettable is still being discussed here.

Its an /egg/ game. It requires autism to dig out little chunks of fun beneath all the bullshit and poor game design by retarded devs.

>everything that looked interesting was locked behind long as fuck grind.

Its still a massive goddamn grind. But I enjoy autismo games so meh.

>Is it worth sticking around? Does it get better later?

Its better once you find a good weapon setup you like. But theres some seriously broken over powered stuff right now. Supposedly a massive balance patch is coming next week, so all the metas are going to get shaken up.

>Mad Max style game with fully custom vehicles is my dream but the game seems pretty mediocre, especially with all the grind.

Crossout is incredibly mediocre. Its another one of those games with an amazing concept with massive potential thats been pissed away by the idiots running the company.

Like just imagine if somebody took the crossout concept and turned it into an MMO type game, with a massive world map that worked like planet side, with factions waging war to over take bases and do missions and shit. All with custom built cars out of little lego madmax bits. It would probably be massively successful.

Can anyone tell me why my quadcopter explodes when it gets too high?

>MMO type game,
Oh cool a worse fucking grind, a terrible interface, shit graphics, laggy input... just imagine. A game somehow worse than cuckout.

I'm having fun programming a bot to play for me.

>now let me show you the dance of my people
>IAIAIAIAIAIAIAIAIAIAIAIAIAIA

should just play machinecraft

This is beautiful.

Amazing.

nice

REM

>device obviously designed to deliberately summon CLANG
>guys why CLANG?

>Tank takes 4 1000mm HE shells before booming

Impressive.

>tfw PRAISE CLANG text panel worked
I didn't even put it on a rotor, so technically it wasn't even a shrine just a reminder

moshimoshi

fuck me

anyone done a hover build with cloak and exploding sticks?

seems like it mite b cool

chameleon seems like dead weight since hardly anybody in the game has any situational awareness

but I'm a soft boy who can't take much of a pounding

Oi mates, got some Stormworks alpha 2.0 keys

0_LR9-XE5AG-NBBHZ
RJVE_-6RH9Q-J793E

The symbol replaced with _ is the codes is the last digit of OP post number

thanks m8

the solution then is to go faster

Huh, first key was open even after 15 minutes.
Thanks m8, will post shit later.

I get it's an early access build but come on I just want to complete the tutorial
No problem lads, just giving something back to the general that gave me FtD for free

oh for crying out loud

how delet

never mind, fixed it
This is a really smooth builder, holy shit.
Much better than ftd's which has a fair whack of clunk.
And there are rotors, pistons, hinges and even fucking sliders.
muh dik

>racing without boosters
did they finally make it so boosters in racing aren't a thing?

man I can dream, can't I?

What should I do with copper wire? Use trains? robots?

machine to machine
If number of items output ≥ number of items input (and it can be easily just be put into the next machine), don't belt it, there's no sense in it.

from what i understand, you belt copper ingots, then assemble wire on the spot
also, those belts can use a little squishing together, like the shitty drawing in pic related

we're all dreamers here
gotta follow your dreams user

>gave me FtD for free

Hmm...
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=922850758

Half-belt of copper wire wouldn't be enough to reach to the last assembler. Each eats 6 per second, which requires 30/s (cos 1.25 crafting speed) copper wire into the line. Blue belt gives only 20 per lane.

But that would require fucking around with speed modules to increase the wire production to >6/s (which is required by green circuit assembler to operate continuously). And honestly I never saw huge production lines with assemblers feeding other assemblers directly. Can you show some examples?

redpill me on FTD. Seems like the best EGG game, but every EGG game commits at least one fatal sin.

You can direct feed like 6 assemblers into one assembler iirc, been a while.
Maybe just 4 but still more than enough to cap out.
Don't have any pics because my current working save is bobangels.

Yes it's called "I personally bugged Marek in steam chat for 2 years to add a simple velocity vector indicator (a second crosshair that shows your movement direction) and he constantly rejected the request with "no plans in mind" and then adding the stupid and vague as shit windows starfield screensaver effect before deleting me"

AKJSDKAJSDKL

I found some pics, thanks. I guess I have to open my mind a bit. I thought creatively when I started playing (even though my designs were shit), but the mind just stuck to what worked best and I haven't been inventing new ways.

FTD commits several metric fuckloads of them, to the point that the only actually good part of FTD is the builder. Campaign is ass riddled with bad RTS and worse "user designs", combat is a mess dominated by huge behemoths that exploit glitches (because muh competitive balance), and there is nothing else to the game except for a shoddy map designer and a lack of updates.
You can find a plenty better building with other games, too.

campaign filled with cheese, balance is retarded, nick listens to forum brownnosers instead of glorious /egg/

I wonder how well will these door based cargo compartments work

>You can find a plenty better building with other games, too.

Such as? What other game allows me to build ships/landships/tanks/submarines/flying fortesses, and watch them blow each other up? I'm not planning to do the campaign, I just want an SE where ships can come alive and fight for my entertainment.

wire>greengreenevery EGG game commits at least one fatal sin.

Forum players design all the enemies, so it turns into a pile of autistic gimmicky shit. The campaign isn't so much about building better ships as it is building new ships that specifically counter the next gimmick. These guys only use lasers, those guys mostly try to ram you, etc.

Closed version

Spengies, given enough effort, I guess.
Just torrent that shit and give it a go. Nick is a dumb cunt who doesn't deserve those easy EA bucks.

oh fug making an autopilot system capable of going to any island is going to be harder than I thought if the map is this big
is it procedural
I don't wanna make an entire computer

checked

>I don't wanna make an entire computer
Do it
A TRUE emulator

I don't even know the first thing about making a logic gate computer
where do I start

>3d SS13 never ever

Good.

An user made a 8 bit computer in the previous version of Stormworks, why can't you?
Start from the basic Von Neumann scheme, build an ALU, build some registers and some buttons to set the inputs.

u wot m80

>no deoxytobleronucleic acid

What would that even look like?

this looks fun, but I think navigational computer and autopiloit system would need to be really complex even with user inputted co-ordinate values.

>u wot m80

Shitcurity are shit, though.

Atmospherics is the only good department.

WHAT THE ACTUAL KURWAFUCK?
ss13?
DELET

3d ss13 would have to sacrifice the depth of 2d ss13 simply because content would automatically be more difficult to make
the only reason ss13 has the depth it does is because making content is relatively easy
and the thing that makes ss13 is its retarded amount of depth

This.
SS13 is fucking cancer and is worse an engineering game than Factorio, FTD or even REM.

>Do whatever you want
>Someone fucks with you?
>"Oops no oxygen, guess who's fault that was :^)"

Plus, you get to work on big hard pipes all round long.

someones done niggered the op

What even is OP?

flexsim.com/factory-simulation/
google says it's this

is your car a lancia stratos

I found that forcing youself to max spaghetti is a good way to loosen your hardwired ways of placing anything
then when you return to designing a manufactuing collumn, you might do it differently, based on spagexperience

In the beginning there was a man. The man was bored so he found himself a hobby.
He created the NAND and decided to build a computer.
But it then occurred to him that doing so with only NAND gates would be tedious.
So he divided NOT from AND, then created OR from parts of AND.
From all the gates he created XOR and saw it was a good addition.
Finally, with every gate available, he created a simple shift register and retired, for the whole ordeal was exhausting.

Amen brothers.

>using anything other than nands stacked on top of other nands
do you even komputronix?

Heresy?
HERESY!

>Space Station 13
aww shiet man, you done goofed.

put stationeers there instead

y'all'd've add roblox to /egg/s

FTD campaign is developer created but user content.

One mod is community while the other two is developed. The enemy unit designs are updated time to time, such as added features or removed redundancies. Your combat units are better created and tested before queuing them up in campaign for that Exp leveling up your buffs to cheese tougher enemies and difficulties. It's last major update was like last summer so every image in the Steam store is outdated.

Might as well add minecraft

Noice.

>mod starting boat to have big propeller
>hit wave
>start doing loops
wew

That's one happy Lancia!