/brg/ - Battlerite General

>What is Battlerite?
Battlerite is a PvP team arena brawler and the spiritual successor to critically acclaimed Bloodline Champions. Experience the unique combination of a top down shooter with a fast paced fighting game. Take part in highly competitive, adrenaline-fueled 2v2 and 3v3 battles.

>store page
store.steampowered.com/app/504370/Battlerite/

>F2P release
Now

>Roadmap for 2017-2018
battlerite.com/newera/

>Newbie guide
pastebin.com/4tS737Y9

>Update on server issues
blog.battlerite.com/rewards_and_servers/

Last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

battlerite.com/newera/
press.battlerite.com/newera/
discord.gg/kPmykeU
baakosrave.wordpress.com/guides/blc/grimgrog/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for shifu

hey does anybody have a tier list for 2's?

The Feeling of Poloma

xth for cute deer

>battlerite.com/newera/
>Internal Server Error
?

>Join match
>Say Hey or something similar
>Get cold silence in response every time
Why is everybody that plays this game an antisocial sperg

they deleted it so nobody can complain when they miss every deadline

chat is off by default, my dude

It takes like 3 seconds to enable it and it's nearly entirely beneficial. That doesn't defend them.

goddamn i hate tree niggers

what's worse, tree niggers or giant sword animu protagonist niggers?

So this game has been out for like a year right and they just made it f2p a couple days ago? Is the community still strong or is it basically on life support with this f2p move? Ive been playing it and its fun as fuck but I dont wanna invest must if its just gonna be fucking dead in a month.

tree niggers

it'll probably die again, but hopefully not. purely skill based things don't attract many people. if you like it, buy shit though. at least get the most out of it that you can and enjoy it while it lasts.

???

it was always going to be f2p. it was just pay for early access and all characters unlocked forever. now that the game is f2p it hit 40k concurrent players like yesterday

If you aren't terrible at games you'll be bored of this well before it dies, you might as well play while it has players.

26,290 In-Game

beginning of the the end

Nigga this isn't Facebook, play the fucking game

remember to report everyone that's better and worse than you for unfair matchmaking. Because unfair matchmaking is a reportable category.

>I don't like to talk to people because my dad left me
You're playing an online game don't be such a little bitch and talk some

here you go
press.battlerite.com/newera/

shut the fuck up you stupid woman

there's zero reason to have chat outside of premades, you will never communicate anything useful and the majority of people are retarded and are just going to tilt regardless of what's said

that being said there's no reason for it to be off by default and the devs are turbobaby swedecucks

Shit game, BLC 2 when?

Motherfucker I don't play games to socialize, that's what women do. I have plenty of other outlets for talking to people.

Want to play video games with me? you could carry me in this game

This meme sucks

discord.gg/kPmykeU

shitcord

>shitters crying about thorn
>every tryhard pro team still uses Freya even after 2 nerfs

Someone who can wreck shit with less skill is way worse than someone who can perform marginally better but has a higher skill ceiling

thorn was equally skilless and impossible to fuck up in the previous game, it's why he's so popular with shitters, the difference is that people complaining will probably get him nerfed in this casual game

thorn is nowhere near OP
you can literally just ignore him and any other melee outtrades him

>"waah i can't stop hitting counter please nerf"

Wait, hol up.
Did they seriously backing down on their previous roadmap version where they said they're going to release 1 new hero per month from Jan - March?
LMAO

I doubt it, I'm not very good or experienced.

It's true. Women and men approach hobbies in different ways, and in the case of females they are often a means to an end, usually just as an outlet to connect with people. It's not a bad thing, mind you.

>Like Thorn and Freya
>Use Ruh Kaan because he feels more natural.

Ruh kaan is great for those who love pure melee, he's all about that brawl fighting style

I don't give a shit about new heroes
I want draft and tournament system

how the fuck will you play this game on xbox

>How do people play twinstick shooters with two sticks

It's not about new heroes. it's about old heroes

They can't have this game without Guardian or Stalker. It just doesn't feel right. Bloodpriest, dryad, and reaver were well after those two yet they got ported.

I can't see it. There are a lot of moves like Otherside which requires precision and timing.

They probably will be too busy with Xbox launch :^)

>they literally ran away with EA money and start on working to get more F2P money
>next winter they will run away with F2P money and will start working on getting consolefag money
what's next for them

Yeah it feels good putting someone in the Curse Blender. Ruh Kaan, Thorn, and Ezmo are also the first hook-type characters I really love playing. Also this game needs more fan art.

Consoles are killing video games

mobile game money

pls join

>can't change your hero when solo queuing
>your team is some triple dps retard squad
>their team is thorn, jade and blossom
this is so dumb, I'd gladly switch if I could

do you post on /a/? feel like ive seen your trip before

>you can't play a game requiring precision and timing with a controller
why everytime I see a REALLY DUMB post, it's from a tripfag?

the problem is flicks
you can't do them properly with controller

don't it makes mustard gas

I'll mustard gas you in a second

is anyone else getting really long queue times?
like even longer than before?

Yeah is this happening to anyone else?

reminds of people who pretend you can keep up with FPS on a console compared to PC

been in queue for collectively 15 minutes at his point

It's an issue, they're "aware" of it but probably have no idea what's causing it yet

just gonna add more skins and remodel jade again

>tripfags are so retarded they crossboard attention whore
just go on /soc/ instead

>"Hey SLS, what's your solution to player's retention?"
>first half of 2017 - "No updates!"
>second half of 2017 - "More heroes and skin!"
they are completely clueless and nothing changed

it's more popular than Paladins right now

The game will shrink from there, though, as it's too hard for casuals, but there isn't enough depth to keep long term players.

Is there anywhere I can view the kits of old BLC chars? Any list on who hasn't been added yet?

download BLC and see for yourself

>195361567
FPS has nothing to do with twin stick shooter you moronic fuck, with what do you think people play bullet hell games?

METAL MOMMY WHEN

what if they're cute lolis and not the brat that is Pearl

stalker
metal warden
guardian
sentinel

bullet hell doesnt require you usign skills on particular people in a split second or placing barriers/heals

>Sirius will never look as cool as Astronomer
I don't mean to sound like a blizztard but, can we get vanilla skins already?

i never cared about how much female characters there are in the game
if i'm horny i'll just go and have sex or masturbate
what is the point

>not inhibitor
varesh fucking sucks ass

Guardian when?

So, I keep seeing people here talking about how the game won't last long. Is it just memeing or is this thing dead on arrival? Don't wanna get too attached you know

Fight sticks

Unless you mean stuff like Nuclear Throne, which is still better on KBM. Mice are objectively more precise than controllers, this is inarguable.

>There are people that think BLC looked better
Insanity.

your guess is as good as theirs

>game is called BLOODLINE champions
>has a character that is a bloodless rock
what did the swedes mean by this?

>he doesn't only play as cute female characters no matter what the game is
I'll never understand this.

depends on what you mean by dead

There is a hardcore fanbase of about 5k people that will play this until we die. In about a month or less this game is going to lose all of the little gains it made on launch. This happened when we first came to steam on BLC with Funcom. It's literally history repeating itself.

i thought ppl hated BLC because u had other random bullshit like account levelling which affected gameplay and other mismanagement?

why is the voice acting in this game so bad

>1 hero per month Jan - March
>3 heroes in 4 quarter
>1 year = 12 months, 12 / 4 (quarter) = 3.

Are you fucking retarded?

>2017
>playing literally any game other that shooters with sound on
For what purpose? Do you just like hearing the same grunting noises over and over? It serves no purpose.

fuck I meant 1st quarter
I'm retarded.
But my point stands that you are too.

BLC started off as a pure game like this and it didnt have battlerites or anything. It added runes and medallions to try to be more like league of legends.

It then launched on steam without changing anything and died.

Now we have a battlerites which is closer to BLC than BLC 2.0 was but it still is missing a lot of the BLC charm.

The game isn't nearly as fast. It doesn't let you revive teammates or heal up. It doesn't have unique maps that make different champs matter.

It's annoying that the people who made BLC seem to fail to realize why people fell in love with BLC

how are you supposed to hear the audio cues for shit like jade's snipe otherwise

stalker is jumong

that's seeker

stalker was the girl who could go invis and teleport

This game concept is basically designed from the ground up not to appeal to casuals but casuals are what they try to balance the game around, focus their devtime on, and market to.

This game is in a limbo where it isn't good enough to be played competitively because large aspects of it were compromised to make it easier for casuals to get into, but is far too simplistic to have staying power with a real tournament scene.

Marketing will give it a decent last hurrah with people who haven't played it before, but anyone who puts significant time into it will see how compromised this game is and grow bored with it.

The previous game was a far better game but nobody knew it existed and both the devs and the publisher did nothing to market it so it quickly dwindled to a very small core playerbase, then the game sold out and tried to reinvent itself into a league of legends cashgrab grind/cosmetic game, which sounded the deathknell.

This game is starting as an intentional cashgrab sellout, and past the honeymoon period won't be able to retain players at all. The devs can't see that they're driving the game off of a cliff.

baakosrave.wordpress.com/guides/blc/grimgrog/

How badly do you want him in the game?

>purely skill based
>thorne and garren exist
lmao

Who is garren?

people are coming from LoL and using lol names for charcters

I had someone in my game call inhib "xerath"

ye but the runes n shit were all linked to ur account lvl n stuff werent they? isnt that wat pissed ppl off?

it is pretty evident theyre trying to get the casual market... casual queues n tht battlegrounds thing...

Ruh Kaan is such a downgrade from Harbringer.

I fucking want that maniacal laugh back.

That explains a lot. So I'm assuming that Ruh Kaan is Garen?

No one knows. I wouldnt have expected for the concurrent playercount to reach 40k either, yet here we are. If you dont mind smaller communities then its worth the time, no doubt. There will be Dreamhacks, there will be an ingame tournament system, there will probably be smaller tours again. Many of the hardcore players will stick around even if the concurrent count drops to 4k again, because a lot of them stay for the people they play with at this point and many of them even played BLC for year, even though that game couldnt manage to have 500 concurrent players for most its lifetime. But if youre one of those people who needs the game to have 100k+ people, always wants queues to pop instantly and cant be bothered to get involved in private communities, then you might as well not bother.

Battlerite might not be as niche as BLC was, but its still a fairly niche title that requires some pretty significant time investment for the majority of the playerbase.

A very small vocal minority of the original players were upset for the very existence of runes. We were brought in because this game was supposed to be all skill. All skillshots. No randomness. No outside factors. It's all your inputs vs the opponents input. They added runes and intitially you had no idea what even runes your opponent had. It messed up skill timings that you perfected in your head all because it wanted to be more like league. It didnt help build the playerbase either. So they added a bunch of superfluous stuff that didnt do what they wanted to do while ruining what I liked about the game.

I wish they would go back to no forced meta and no loadouts. Just make a character and let players pick what they want to play making their own teams.

I know this doesn't appeal to most gamers because people are casual as shit these days but I loved BLC

I think they mean raigon because of a sword

And I want his real abilities back, why am I not allowed to go in the nether world and walk through people to leech their life out.
Also Reaper from Overwatch called.

no wonder that shit failed... had 2 buy what are basically battlerites and u got a weekly cap on how much u can get rofl...

It was a lot more than a minority, over half the playerbase quit immediately when 2.0 dropped.

wow...