/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #626

''No emoji'' Edition

Previous Thread: >Life is Strange: Before the Storm Episode 2 Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=hk9de3ljHnw

>Release Dates:
Episode 1 − ''Awake'' 31 August 2017 (Out Now)
Episode 2 − ''Brave New World'' 19 October 2017 (Out Now)
Episode 3 − ''Hell Is Empty'' (TBA)
Bonus Episode: Farewell − (TBA)

Life is Strange: Before the Storm features Chloe Price, a 16 year-old rebel who forms an unlikely friendship with Rachel Amber, a beautiful and popular girl destined for success. When Rachel’s world is turned upside down by a family secret, it takes their newfound alliance to give each other the strength to overcome their demons. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/554620
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive (UPDATED)

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/14286999
strawpoll.me/14287008
strawpoll.me/13834594
strawpoll.me/14047827

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
drive.google.com/file/d/1ovkTRTJZ0yacm6DDnHdkhrGz83DEpF8t/
instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
youtube.com/watch?v=X-EKWkFpEM8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Cutest girl in Arcadia Bay

BAE > bay

BFFs, Pirates, Wonder Twins, Partners in Time & Crime & Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

*marries your Chloe*
Heh, nothing personnel Michel

drive.google.com/file/d/1ovkTRTJZ0yacm6DDnHdkhrGz83DEpF8t/

ep 3 codex when

Cutest rotting, semen-filled corpse maybe

Sorry posted the wrong image

Chloe is #1

That's for damn sure

I̥̠̔ͧ͋̾̒ͩ́ ̦̝̹̞̝͊̑̍͌̀T̺̺̖̹̍̓͒̂ͮͨ ͔̣̬̈͛̌̐'̩͐̇̔́ ͔͖̘ͪ͑͊͊̌̔͐Sͣͧ̀͡ ̪̗̝͐́̑ͮ̑ ̱̿̐͗ͣͩ̉͘ ̭ͪN̓̾ͦ ̪͆́Ị̮̭͕͍͈ͅ ̴̪̯͖͙ͧͩ͐C̩͌̃̇͆ ̞̏̈́Ẽ̫ͨ͋͒ͯ̃̑͘ ̶̹̥͉̣̞͆͗̄ ̷͖̙ͦ͐̋̿ͫ ̬͇̩͔̼̯̹R̬̝̯̠̄̑̽̽ ̉̈́ͭ̈́̓̃̽A̸̞̓̿͆̔̈̍ ̹͍̉Cͬ̾̌̓͗͞ ̯̮ͧͧ͂H̴͎̫͓̿̓̏ ̵̱̖̘͑̋Ẹ̜̜ͮ̽̈́̆̀͜ ̷͔͉̘̟̮̃ͨL̾̀̊͒̔̒̏͜ ̪̪̭͚̳͖ͫ̒̒͜ ̷̤̖̤ͭͮͯ ̹͇̮̽̌ͫͧW̳̤̪̏̑ ̦͖̼̕Ẹ͐̄̈́̕ ̌͛'̶͖̘͉̳̳̃ͫ̊̋ͣ͑ͭ ̧̣̣̝͎̦̟̻̊̌̚R̫͔͙̯̘̮̀ ̢̦̗̺̎͗E̖̻̩̝͇͐ ̫͂ͦͦ ͕͚̽̓ͪ̓ͪ͗̀ ̬̭ͤ̚H̰̱͉̫̰ͯ̍̄̚ͅ ͈̠͙͚͊̃ͬͩ̓̐A ̢̙̮̞̞̣͐͂ͮ͛͒͐V̤̮̬̪̞̱̙̀̋̈́͘ ̮̜̮͂̀̾̒ͫ̋Ḯ̩̱̗̬̜̣͒ͯ̓̒̾ ̡̰̻̤̹̀ͮ̈̃̑̈ͦN̼̹͉̳̝͉̤̂̒̐ͨ͑ ̺̋͑͐͊͌͋͠G̰̏ ̇̉̈́.̵̋ͤ͗

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it
>So, once again we got the fact that our ending always will be BAE>Bay

Enjoying butthurt of pricefieldfags itt

Oh wow. Max looks really pretty there. She definitely looks great in her own way.

Everyday!

Help me understand this image. What was the context in which it was created? It seems to be nonsensical.

This is Rachel Dawn Amber.

By the conclusion of "Hell Is Empty", Rachel will be objectively the most important character in the entire Life is Strange franchise.

It is nonsensical, that's why there's a bae ending.

Some Bay ending thing of Chloe's ghost going 'I'll always be with you' or something. Or Chloe from a different timeline about to take Max to one where they can be happy.
All I know is I don't like it.

As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

I've played LiS 4 times and I've never chosen Bay ending
I just can't bring myself to do it ;_;

Chloe is the biggest character across both games but Rachel's spirit is what gives Max the power to save Chloe and make her happy so i the grand scheme of things Rachel is a large part of the plot

It's a fan render you know that right?
The author meant something like that Chloe is spiritually there with Bay Max while she waits for Chloe to get murdered.

Wtf, high res version ?? That's great
IT'S COMING BOYS

>mfw amberfags ITT can't accept the fact that Rachel is dead

Who cares though, Bae-chel has nothing to do with shilife is shitrange 2015

Wrong
Everything revolves around the love people have for Chloe

You did the right thing user.

Thanks, I knew it was a fan image I just wasn't sure what the heck it was conveying.

It's just a bunch of contrived tearjerker things and then everyone close to Chloe looking miserable at the fneral.
You're not missing much and I regret watching it the one time I did on Youtube.

Obviously

>mfw pricefieldfags ITT can't accept the fact their game is irrelevant

MARRIED

I mean, after my first playthrough I immediately watched it on YT
But every single following playthrough I've tried to pick totally different choices, even letting Katie-Katt die once just to see what happened ;_;, but I can';t bring myself to choose Bay
I don't think people should be punished just for loving each other

They'll come to terms later down the road since even devs now openly spit on s1. Though it won't be easy for them

There. You got one out of pity. Are you happy now?

I can't believe he actually asked why

>What makes you want to?
That's your proof that the devs of BtS " now openly spit on s1"? Oh boy you really have taken your own bait.
Ignoring everything ever said in interviews about the game but claiming tweets are something that show a clear intention.

Chloe is the biggest character, yes, but even with that being said, most of the recognizable things about Chloe are the direct result of Rachel.

She's into chicks. Who caused that? Rachel.
Her truck? Rachel.
Her catchphrase? Rachel.

Everything revolves around Rachel. Even Max ends up wearing her clothing.

Oooooooh boy :O

>hates people who lie. Who caused that?
Rachel

Ive only ever seen this fan art, fan fic of them having lesbian antics when?

What did they mean by this?

Rachel never lied about that, though.

Nothing, it was a nightmare.

youtube.com/watch?v=X-EKWkFpEM8

Proof is that their game have nothing in common with the shitshow of s1 and everyone including themseleves is pretty comfortable with it. You, a bunch whiny autists on shithole of internet, literally doesn't count. You can still try to find solace in that one shitty statement made god knows when, since it’s all you have.

Reminder

I know you're 15 and don't understand, but committing infidelity and not telling your partner about it is lying

That's implying that they were in a relationship at the time, which it was implied was not the case.

Ok so Rachel broke Chloes heart anyways
>everybody leaves

I'm glad I could save Kate. Even if there wasn't originally going to be scenes with her after, it was still a wonderful feeling to see her step back from the ledge. One of Max's finest moments.

Nobody will punish Max and Chloe for being together. The only people who will guilt them are themselves and that will only be until they are finally and totally be able to accept that they didn't ask for anything that happened and they found themselves in a shitty situation. Max couldn't be sure that letting Chloe die would fix things (and everything she saw would be contradictory to that) and Chloe couldn't be angry about being alive, especially when if she ever was asked by Max "What would you have picked, me or the town?" we all know what the answer would be.
In the time after the storm and everything else, there will be rough moments, and Max and Chloe will have their arguments as all couples do, but they will heal from their wounds and come to make for themselves the life they have dreamed about since childhood. One that involves them together, though the extent of what ways they are together has definitely grown since then.

>Hello fellow pricefielders! How did you all like the newest chapter?

>T-they're not conencted! The devs hates Dontnod See! ;__;

you are the only one who keeps crying though.

>Nobody will punish Max and Chloe for being together
That's kinda the point of the ending though
They love each other and they either kill everyone in their home town or Max has to kill Chloe
There's no happy ending, just one that is slightly better

If you really care about chloe's character you should care about Max too.

woah, even an emoji
You tears taste amazing my man, thanks for them

I'm not arguing this, but saying that she was a liar is assuming a lot.

>kill everyone
>slightly better
horrifying.

>Chloe I know how fragile you are so let's leave right now
>ok maybe not right now but soon
>soon
>soon
>soon
Liar

>most of the recognizable things about Chloe are the direct result of Rachel.
I think that's giving way too much credit and acting like Chloe wasn't anything until Rachel molded her into the girl we know.

>She's into chicks. Who caused that? Rachel.
Chloe was considering that already. See the diary entry about Pris, Rachel was just the confirmation and first experience. Even in the alternate timeline in Episode 4, Chloe hints to liking girls and that's without ever knowing Rachel.

>Her truck?
>Her catchphrase?
That's really not saying too much. Those things are a result of Rachel but Chloe is still Chloe without them, again; see episode 4. Rachel contributed to Chloe exploring her punk and rebel side more but she did not create those sides to Chloe.

>Even Max ends up wearing her clothing.
Which doesn't mean much except Max needed clothes then and it aided Chloe in her point of trying to get Max to try something new.

You mean the queen of crickets

You mean like this girl who promised to keep in touch with her best friend and didn't, and had to almost get run over by her in a truck five years later to actually get in touch, and that was only after a dead girl more or less held her hand and walked her into that interaction?

>look mom, I posted a dank meme

How do you (or Amberfags in general) deal with Chloe mentioning Max whenever you interact with anything in BtS?

>Max: make a mistake due to personality, make up and literally rewrite the reality of the multi-verse for her Chloe
>Rachel: come out of nowhere just to get some pussy, lie about actually taking Chloe away, break Chloe's heart and hop on multiple dick just to feed her pathetic junkie habits
Somehow I think one is worse than the other

sounds exactly like s1

This damage control

>they either kill everyone in their home town
They kill no one. A storm that was thought to always be coming does.
Yes, people die but it's far from everyone. Besides, Max has her power and can go back and try to save people if it really was that bad. If using her power created the problem then it already exists and so one last try to save both Chloe and people in the town is well worth it.
>There's no happy ending
True, but at least one ending leaves room to become better. Like was said, there will be tough times after the storm but they will get through it together and with the others who care about them.

>I need money
>fuck getting a job, I'm gonna smuggle drugs for this sketchy dude

>this guy's a local psycho
>why not suck his dick, it'll be fun

>girl's missing
>better not check the place she's been hanging around at

>this guy is unstable
>better try to blackmail him into giving me money

>this unstable guy has a gun
>better physically attack him

>we've just found a body
>let's not report it to the police

>we've just been baited into going to the place where we found a body at night
>let's not share our whereabouts with anybody so that if we're captured or killed, we're not going to be found

>oh tornado
>right, I forgot

>I don't know what causes the tornado
>I guess I'm just going to take this nerd's word for it
>psyche, it's actually been me all along
>psyche again, it's actually been my friend

>tornado is coming
>better not warn anybody about it

N I C E S T O R Y
I
C
E

S
T
O
R
Y

Nice pasta

>just make a story about 2 16 year olds fucking
Yeah that's a much more challenging story

>Rachel and Max both made mistakes
Should come as a surprise to no one.

You're addressing the lengths Max went to help Chloe and see her happy, but also missing what Rachel did to see the same. Rachel is why Max has her power. Rachel knew she couldn't be there for Chloe, or be what Chloe needed, so she helped Max become that. Because Rachel heard enough about Max to trust her.

This. Literally pure fanservice and amberfags fell for it.

>myfuckingw there are people itt RIGHT NOW who still treat this game seriously despite all of this

>Chloe wasn't anything until Rachel molded her into the girl we know
Except that actually is exactly what happened. I'm not going to spoil it, but if you read the spoilers there other Chloe "trademarks" that are going to end up having been the result of Rachel as well.

>Chloe was considering that already. See the diary entry about Pris
>"I can't see you with any of the guys around here..."
>"Because you have a good eye. That's why I was so glad Rachel came along to rescue me."

Glad you mentioned the alternate timeline also, because that's a good example of how Chloe without the influence of Rachel would be.

Everything else still all boils down to Rachel.

she only mentions her like 5 times per episode. it's not really something to "deal" with. Just makes the whole thing sadder.

There is a story to BtS but it's a much safer approach without having things like altering time. That's why it seems more solid with the writing so far. It is and also it can jump right into a romance because the first game already accustomed the player to multiple aspects of the characters, story, and world.
It's fanservice with a purpose. Though that purpose is NOT to usurp the original.

>but also missing what Rachel did to see the same.
Being the best pussy available is hardly the same as saving someone's life

>True, but at least one ending leaves room to become better.
Not for everyone who died in the tornado.

What makes you think we don't like Pricefield too?

Somehow promising and basically proposing marriage via Shakespeare and then sucking dick to support your heroin addiction doesn't seem all that helpful in the grand scheme of things
I subscribe to the "Rachel is doe and helped Max's powers" thing but with the caveat that she wasn't truly "Rachel" but mixed up with some Native Indian spirt and the Tobanga

Because you ignore S1 existence?

Superficial things like hair dye, tattoos, and liking a word, are not the entirety of what makes Chloe who she is.
Rachel had her effects on Chloe's personality, there's no denying that, but Chloe without Rachel is still very much Chloe. We see that in the alternate timeline, and even in the introduction to BtS before they meet.

>general been filled with memes against Pricefield and Max in general since BtS dropped
No no, that's not how this work
You can't now go back on all the shitposting. See it through to the end nigger

"Made a mistake due to personality"

I'm sorry, but if you straight up start ignoring your best friend who was more or less your sister for the majority of your life at that point, that isn't a quirk, that isn't just someone being shy and reserved. That's a fucking massive character flaw.

Rachel obviously had her own flaws as well, just like Chloe. All three of them are clearly fucked up mentally, but I think Rachel and Chloe have a little bit more of an excuse considering they actually lived rough lives in extremely toxic environments unlike Max.

You're the same user with 2015 screenshots who keeps shit talking max, i know you.

>t. someone who never dealt with extreme social anxiety
Lemme guess, being a lying, cheating slut is just a small quirk?

>Besides, Max has her power and can go back and try to save people if it really was that bad. If using her power created the problem then it already exists and so one last try to save both Chloe and people in the town is well worth it.

I'd really, really like to know how this is any less of a wild unrealistic headcanon than the idea of creating a timeline where Chloe and Rachel end up happy together.

>yfw there's an infinite number of parallel realities where you and your beautiful girlfriend whom you love with all your heart live your lives together happily but because french people love misery they wrote a story based on one where everything somehow goes pants of fire retarded bad so she dies and you end up at the mercy of queen of crickets, because apparently your only reason for existence is suffering

>lived rough lives
>Rachel
She got herself involved with a rough crowd, but that was due to her own poor decisions. She came from a well-off family and was succeeding at school. There was no need whatsoever for her to become involved with Arcadia Bay's seedy underbelly.