/akg/ Ankama Games General

THICC iop paladin edition.

Previous thread: >Latest news:

- Krosmaga expansion December 12; Feca is the new god.
- Wakfu and Dofus balance patches.
- New Gamakna is out.

Dofus
dofus.com/en
dofuswiki.wikia.com/wiki/

dofusgo.com/ (Useful in-game info)
statofus.com/fr/classes (Class Population Chart)

dofusplanner.com/ (build planning)
dofusbook.net/ (build planning, fr only)

FAQ, polls and additional information/tips:
pastebin.com/F9sEcyXf

Class/timezone poll for people who want to join the future guild in the pastebin.

>Wakfu
wakfu.com/en/mmorpg
Official discord: discordapp.com/invite/4bQ4yQf
There is a /co/ /mmog guild but they are inactive for now. UPDATE: recruiting again!

>Krosmaster
krosmaster.com/en
>Krosmaga
krosmaga.com/en
Official discord: discordapp.com/invite/UbFaSAB

>General
/co/'s krosmoz pastebin : pastebin.com/Waq1WzVv
Booru link in the pastebin.
Tot's blog (Ankama's CEO, in french) : tot-prod.blog/
Gamakna: ankama.com/en/news/gamakna

>/akg/ clover discord server (no voice)

discord.gg/ZBJjnhv

Guilds as of now

Dofus:

Illy: Clover (with discord)
Dramak: Eternal Summer (no discord)

Wakfu:

Remington: Shiny Chariot (discord "soon"!)

Leave your username with your game and server for an invite to a guild of your choice.

>Remember to ignore Jim

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/b58c5Jt
dofuswiki.wikia.com/wiki/The_Soul_Stealer
millenium.org/dofus/accueil/actualites/dofus-les-variantes-de-sort-dofus-variante-sorts-classes-200-pvp-pvm-160791
methodwakfu.com/en/the-mimics/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for Dofus and Wakfu friendship

Seconding this user, both games are pretty good! I love you anons!

Add the Wakfu Community MMO Discord to OP

REEEEEEE

discord.gg/b58c5Jt

Also, Nox is as live as Remington. Don't fall for Remikid's lies.

Ignore both RemiKid and this guy's Discords. Discords kill generals and both discords are shit and dead, one is by a Mexican who was so autistic Ankama banned them like 30 times and the other is RemiKid's dead discords of him samefagging.

>REEEEEEE
What the fuck who is this memelord

Fat Mexican or not, the discord is active and both Remington and Nox are fucking dead.

Best to just join the discord and meet people who actually play the game. The alternative is to get sniped by Remikid or Rapist Mommy and never see another person online again.

>get sniped by Remikid or Rapist Mommy
what the hell does this even mean

>reeeee

A quick look at that discord and is full of memes and shit4chansays. Really? This isn't the kind of community we want for Wakfu. You are also using "Remikid" meaning Jim could also either be there, or playing in it.

Nobody ever plays on Nox these days, and you should never, EVER try to bring more players to it since not only it have vastly less players (disappointing and discouraging new members) but the whole player killing and economy is a terrible environment to learn the game.

If anyone want to join a Discord, the official Wakfu one is there with almost 400 people online right now (was 600 a few hours ago.)

>all the servers are dead better join chat with people playing in them

How fucking retarded are you Jim/Mask?

Nox and Remi have roughly the same population during peak hours, according to mods.

>PKing is bad

Wew

>Not wanting Zimbabwe money before the merge

Are you silly?

>Official Server tho

The official Wakfu Discord is run by French faggots, and when people ask whether they should start playing the game they get told to watch the anime instead because game dead. Why the fuck should anyone new use that server?

>n-nox and remi are equals!

No they are not, stop lying. It may be true 2-3 years ago, but today? Go ask the official discord for a quick response, or the forums. Nox is as dead as Phaeris.

Thanks for confirming the PK autists.

Kamas may very well be completely erased on the merge. Economy is one of the main talks on the merge discussion.

Heh, you can easily tell you were either banned or are too autistic to join a friendly conversation not using memes or being "ironic". Why would anyone use the official discord? Because you can get help immediately with veteran players on a heartbeat on a civilized way.

he literally went "I'll make my own discord with blackjack and hookers"

>and when people ask whether they should start playing the game they get told to watch the anime instead because game dead

Well theyre not wrong

>R-Remi is the only server!

During peak hours, the amount of players are comparable. Just because you don't want it to be true doesn't make it not true.

>Kamas being wiped

Holy shit have you never been a part of an Ankama merge before? No wonder you're this retarded. When Ankama merges a server on Dofus, everyone keeps everything. They've even said everyone will be keeping their kamas in the merger announcements.

>Getting help from the official discord

I invite you to try. Go ahead.

I asked for help on my iop and they told me to do celestial gobballs for infernal and then go to the thork dungeon for melee gear in like two minutes. I'm using infernal right now.
More helpful than this thread at least

Again, stop lying. Is not even close. You can have +40 people on Kelba running around on Remington, meanwhile, there isn't a single soul on Nox. Astrub should show how healthy both games are, you can't walk a screen on Remington without 5-6 players on it.

There are no metrics, so that peak hours thing is nothing but a lie. The best way to measure is just going there and seeing by yourself.

They are taking a whole year to setup the merge, and said they were reviewing all the issues with the economy. They even went and said that PK will be fixed, so the goddamn autists doing it won't be rampant once the merge happens. You will have to deal with it.

And yeah, I ask for help all the time on all kind of issues, and get help every single time. Same shit on the official Krosmaga discord. Grow the fuck up and socialize with normal people already.

So what's the PK thing? I keep seeing it mentioned but I'm not clear on why it happens or where.

Nox is full of your typical xXxNarutoUchihaxXx little shits that will come and kill you on the middle of your relaxing harvesting, or just moving around the map. Is one of the concerns of the merge; nobody want that kind of people on Remington (were this isn't an issue at all) so people have asked Ankama to do something about it, and they are reviewing it. Is one of the many reasons why the merge has been pushed so many times.

Which game between Wakfu and Dofus has more people playing?

Dofus have more players, if you are aiming at starting it, the mono servers are ideal. Just remember is subscription based.

Wakfu have less players, but it isn't dead at all, ignore the memes. Just keep in mind to only pick Remington, since other 2 servers will merge with it next year.

>Implying Mods can't tell how many people are online at any given time with their tools

Admittedly, I can't blame you for not knowing that.

On average, there's equal numbers. I have no reason to lie since I don't give a fuck what server anyone rolls on.

MAGA is that you?

>wakfufags bring all their stupid drama

Dofus. The monoserver thing blows everything out of the water.

>PKing is bad

Jesus Christ, it's carebears like you that ruin the game for everyone. There's so many games that don't have open world PVP, why do you PVP hating fucks have to lobby just to cry about getting 15 minutes of immunity?

>bot trains already on mono servers
It's over lads.

No idea who that is
Isn't pvp impossible unless you activate it? That's why I'm confused as to why it's a problem

If you don't activate PVP, you can't attack people

Anyone with PVP activated can still attack you regardless of whether your wings are up or down.

>PKing is bad

It is, from a new player's perspective. Why would you want to keep playing a game where as soon as you start you get attacked by players who are higher level and have much better gear, with no way to defend yourself? And that's assuming they even go 1v1 on you.

Most well established guilds won't accept low level characters unless they're alts. Whatever guild they can join is unlikely to have the means to protect them. Guards don't exist because the game gives no incentive at all for players to take that role.

As fun as it is for you to get easy kills, all this does is drive new players away.

>why do you PVP hating fucks have to lobby just to cry about getting 15 minutes of immunity?

Yeah, immunity that is lost as soon as you interact with anything.

Players who have PvP enabled can still attack people who don't. Players in Astrub are safe as PvP is disabled there, but as soon as they get to a nation or island they can get picked on.

>Leveled too fast and now I don't know how I will gear up
Fuck this gay earth

aydiv when

Why are you combining open world PvP in an MMO that's not about open world PvP. How would you feel if some level 200 Chad in Dofuck just raped everyone in the iron mines.

In Dofuck, there isn't a Head Guard that you can message to save your ass from criminals.

In Dofuck, there isn't an Army General whose job to to fuck invaders and take over islands.

It's two completely different games. Dofus was never made with the purpose of having people nonstop kill each other for the luls. In Wakfu, you're ecoterrorizing enemy nations, PKing foreigners, and taking over islands for your own nation to reap the bonuses the islands give you.

What's worse, getting PKed for the first time as a level 50 or a level 170? It's best for these scrubs to get a taste of getting fucked early in so they know what they're getting into.

Also, Head Guards exist. Message them if you're being attacked, that's how you help yourself. If they don't come, why the fuck did you vote for a governor who puts in a pussy Head Guard?

The immunity is there to protect players who got killed who aren't ecoterrorists or participating in the shit that Wakfu was made for. If you're just minding your own business, that immunity will stay. Otherwise, what the hell are you doing in a war zone?

DED

>Dofus was never made with the purpose of having people nonstop kill each other for the luls.
He doesn't know

Can multiple people use a soulstone on a boss in the same run?

>improve the party finder feature
>improve marketboard feature and encourage trading
>get on with the server merge thing
>fix crafting recipes

When Ankama gets all of these things correctly, Wakfu will become more popular than Dofus

No, only one person will get the soul.

Well, that's gonna make dofuswiki.wikia.com/wiki/The_Soul_Stealer difficult.

>have 2 laptops besides this PC
>make 2 alt accounts
>play on all 3 at the same time
>mfw I am the start of the multiboxing in the mono server

Things that never happened for 10

Any word from the guy kidnapped by Lucy?

you'll need 3 different IP

Already done that. Multiboxing goes good so far.

prove it

millenium.org/dofus/accueil/actualites/dofus-les-variantes-de-sort-dofus-variante-sorts-classes-200-pvp-pvm-160791

Dunno if posted already on the thread

beta opens next wednesday
no more spell points, whenever you get a new spell, the last ones level up
variants come after level 100 and they are just alternatives to the base levels that you can switch to/from whenever you are not in battle
cant summon dopple anymore and there's no need to buy temple spell, you'll unlock it as you level up

if you need specific spell/class translation let me know, dunno if they already released it in french or not

>dunno if they already released it in french or not
english* I'm retarded

Just so you know if you leave PvP off you can't get attacked by anyone that's higher than you.
So leave PvP off.

And next time, get your shit straight before posting.

I'd love to play Dofus more, but since Wakfu was my first I just can't deal with Dofus's... static animations. Nothing moves. It doesn't feel alive.

How do I get guild points? I completed the daily guild quests (dungeon, 10 monsters, 10 crafts) but my score is still 0

Cant wait for the merge. Nox will inflate the currency single handedly. I plan to give thousands of kamas away to new players, just to shit up the economy.

make sure you clicked "accept"

Wow that's mean. I want to give hundreds wheat and ash seeds to everyone.

I did, completed them, it said I completed them but it didn't said that I won guild points. Do I have to be a specific rank?

Dofus or Wakfu?
I found lots of info saying that wakfu is newer but dofus is the only one getting updates, but I also read that dofus is getting the e-sports treatment so which should I play if I want PvE?

Dofus has a lot of PvE content for every level, even after 200. Wakfu was an attempt at recreating the success of Dofus, but it failed. It still has a small dedicated playerbase, is prettier and has some unique features. Dofus has many more players and much, much more content and polish, but isn't as pretty.
If you want a (cheap) subscription-based tactical MMORPG, go for Dofus on any of the monoaccount servers. If you want a pay-to-win single-player tactical RPG (everyone is multiboxing), go for Wakfu.

Dofus:
-Pay to play
-World is separated by screen transitions
-No animations except when performing actions
-More complex
-Older

Wakfu:
-Free to play (latest patch content requires subscription)
-World is completely open with no "channels" or anything
-Underused and irrelevant environmental system
-Everything has idle animations in and out of combat
-Simpler
-Newer

>e-sport treatment
That doesn't mean shit m8
Try Dofus, it's a pretty good game with tons of content. There's a guild on Ilyazele and another one in Dramak
Also be careful with a wakfu shill here that shit on Dofus and praise Wakfu like it's the second coming of Jesus

This pretty much.

Reminder that Tzirah is a shit governor.

Wakfu is still getting update, you retarded fuckstain. They got a new class just a few weeks ago.
And they're also pushing the esports shit on Wakfu by making ranked dungeon runs.

Where the fuck did you even get your info?

Thanks, dofus it is then

Holy SHIT bro take it easy.

Maybe if fucktards like him stop spreading misinfo then I'll calm down.
"Wakfu not getting updates" my ass.

the quest expired daily but wont clear itself

make sure you accept quest again after almanax reset time

search "dofus or wakfu" on google and check the first hits

I accepted them as soon as I got in the guild and did them in 1 hour. It said I had 9 hours left. Jesus I already done them when I was in another guild but for this it just doesn't give me guild points.

Guild points update the next day,

You might not have a high enough guild level. Level 1s can't do basically anything for the guild

If you're fine with translating mind doing the new air spells for Sadida?

have you check your guild point cap?
there's weekly cap for guild point

if your guild reached cap
no one can get point

>People constantly doing treasure hunts and selling the stones
>Huge amount of the roses on sale in the marketplace
>Somehow the price of it jumped up 1kk

just a note, you dont need trees to summon dolls now, and there's quite a few new doll synergy spells, like killing a tree to boost all dolls vitality

>wild grass variant, level 170?
>contamination(infection?), 5 AP, range 1-7, straight line only, deal 43-47 air damage and infect

>natural gift variant, level 131?
>innoculation, 2AP, infinite range no LOS, kill a tree, deals air damage and infects in a zone (casts sylvan contamination?)

>insolent bramble variant, level 190?
>3 AP, range 1-7, 18-20 air damage, infects, removes 3 MP

>earthquake variant, level 126?
>3 AP, entire map ZoE, deals air damage to shit next to trees, caster gains 1 MP for each enemy damaged

I think that's it

The mount is currently the best mount available on the server and it costs a lot of roses, so yeah

Thanks for the translation and the doll notes hopefully this'll make dolls even more useful. Hope the infect state is infinite like with madoll so that Sadis will have an even easier time hitting and killing multiple enemies quickly thanks to this new branch.

Someone explain maging to me

Since Ilyzaelle is full all the damn time do I have to wait until late at night EST/PST in order to get in when Europe is sleeping?

>Europe
>sleeping

Daytime is when it's full french. Night time is for the rest of Europe

Wakfu honestly is more deep, but until the server merge happens, there wont be many players

>Return to the game after 3 years of absence
>Kicked from the guild, which is understandable
>Respec available, don't think much about it and use the old build that might already be outdated as heck
>Astrub has changed
>New Classes, including Ouginaks
>100 compensation tokens
>Crafting lists changed, barely remember where to get the materials
I'm gonna have fun getting used to all this again

Who are you? Did you play on Phaeris?

Remi was the only one available for me at the time. It's a bit laggy, but not as bad as the other servers. Just some random Osa that spent most of the time mining shit.

Wakfu is more casual
if you simply want to take easy it's a good choice

break equipment to get runes
use runes on equipment to improve its stats
if you try to give a stat not existent on the equipment already it will be extra hard (exo)
if the equipment loses stats (like 1 range or 1 summon) it makes it easier to stick other things in

You can just join whenever there isn't a queue, which is most of the time. Especially at night yes.

Last thread was fun. Any hearings for Lucy user?
What's your IGN? Willing to switch places with you

>barely remember where to get the materials

For harvested resources, if you go to the professions window there's a little icon that looks like a star. Clicking it will tell you where you can find/plant that resource.

What exactly is the point of this thing? I killed it before it left the battle like it usually does.

What lvl are you user? I'll be happy to invite you to the guild if you wish.

here:

methodwakfu.com/en/the-mimics/

91, but my gear is a little outdated. If you want an autistic miner in your guild, I'd be happy to join.

Sure, no issues user. Everything crafting related has been revamped, you'll have great fun collecting stuff. Leave me your ID to add you.

Deader than Wakfu

Is Dofus really more mechanically complex than Wakfu in terms of combat? I saw a bit of the class spells and such, and they seem to be similar to how it was on Wakfu a few years ago, generally not having a lot of depth into it. Wakfu got a lot of revamps into that, at least.

December is so far away...

>Dead will walk the World of twelve
>Solar and Bethel are revived by Raval
>Ogrest Manga issue 3
>More Iopwank
>Kwismas

Ankama please

>being so retarded you don't even know what an IP is
Just Veeky Forums things

He could be using a VPN. Ankama is not that protected.

>rogues are the master of explosives
>in order to actually deal damage they aren't supposed to blow up their bombs, but to make enemies walk on the glyphs that appear between bombs
>blowing bombs deal jackshit damage unless the bomb charged during 3 turns
man this sucks, i'm level 100 but i see other classes with levels way lower than mine dealing more damage in the end and they don't rely on shitty gimmicks

i wish rogues on dofus worked like in wakfu, as in with several ways to play

Just play Iop.

i'd rather be dead than to be braindead

Lines deal significantly more damage than anyone else if your placement doesn't suck. It's true that bomb explosion damage is underwhelming until fully charged and it's basically impossible to place the explosion at this point, but when you make it it's an easy 2k damage at level 100 after 4 turns of setup, while a 9 turns setup iop deals 1.6k damage (and if you put the mob on the line as part of the setup, that's even more than 2k damage, probably around 2.6k). Not to mention you can go even further by bombing yourself for extra power, as your damage is conferred upon your bomb explosions and lines.