/tekgen/ - Tekken General

Previous thread: = NEWS =
>Geese Howard DLC trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=6MK2TKFFtQA
>Patch 1.06
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/5/tekken-7-version-106-update-fixes-frame-rate-drops-caused-by.html
>Patch 1.07
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/20/tekken-7-version-107-update-includes-balance-changes-new-cha.html
>Patch 1.08
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/28/tekken-7-version-108-update-changes-player-info-in-ranked-ag.html

= BASIC INFORMATION =
>Notation
tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php
>Fergus' character overviews
docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/
>Frame data for every character
rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/
>Top 15 moves for all characters
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/
>/tekgen/ T7 Character Information Compilation (wip)
docs.google.com/document/d/139rPKrNc0nYHm2SmEa9Wy6LE7ps_2C0akOD4BQrmN2Q

= TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR NEW PLAYERS =
>How to Approach 3D Fighting Games
youtu.be/p7Ar-RctqyU
>Korean Backdash Cancel (KBD)
youtu.be/gLp3Y0PdV94
shoryuken.com/2017/02/17/this-is-the-year-you-will-learn-how-to-perform-tekkens-korean-backdash/
>Button Buffering
youtu.be/38iJWsjc_w8
>Options at the wall
youtu.be/2SW7kCmA23o
>How to get off the ground
youtu.be/j-PDc20Jezg
youtu.be/11oZkTYI6Rs
>Low parrying
youtu.be/SF2wBESs01U
>Oki/Tech Trap
youtu.be/LYqbvQljTw0
>Throw Breaking
youtu.be/m4em9HzrwFI
>Wavedash
youtu.be/xMtFCy8LreM
>Wavedash/Backdash on pad
youtu.be/fU5Ji23k4LU
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=epNA2TkePrM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Buzama da na

>TWT ends
>Harada comes out and reveals a new trailer
>everyone is expecting the 2nd DLC character trailer
>"This is what the world is like without Heihachi, Jin..."
>shows new footage of Kazuya looking at his monitors, destroyed cities in each one. Camera slowly zooms out, showing G-Corp soldiers working and guarding. Anna briefly appears in the frame
>Lei Wulong appears, Wang walks behind him. both are infront of G-Corp
>footage of Jin and Gouki clashing in the salt plains
>Julia appears helping Lei attack G-Corp
>more footage of Lars and Alisa
>ends with Akira walking into the Mishima Zaibatsu
how hyped would you be

>no Marduk
not hyped at all

no one wants to play that wack ass character

What if nothing gets announced at TWT?

We give Harada physical mail

this is me when Saint/JDCR wins
for real I want fucking Qudans to win, he deserves it. He plays the highest IQ character in the game and pulled down by console lag and ez mode characters

take it back
he was fun!

you have Gigas now
he's your function for tonight

fuck you combofiend im glad you got fired

Qudans plays Yoshimitsu?

what? he got fired from MVCI?

From Capcom lmao

I meant because of MVCI

except you can't play him like marduk
>no jabs and ws1 into VTS
>no "hellsweep" from stance
>no tackle
>no movement
>no command and ground throw game
>no safe, knd ch launcher mid with good range like duk db2

good
eat shit bitch

>lei mains this mad

Bring back Armor King

Based Harada

HOW MANY MORE HOURS UNTIL IT STARTS?

>bring back Armor King
>JDCR never loses any tournament ever again

Nah. Even JDCR in interviews said that Namco didn't like how he played Armor King to be a cheesy Mishima-lite character.

jdcr doesn't work for namco tho

If these Lei retarded memers actually convinced Harada to add that shitty character I fucking SWEAR

it's Christie, Bruce and Marduk
my dad works at harada

Djin is super fucking easy compared to other Mishimas and isn't hit by the delay that much because he only needs to do one EWGF in his combos, and has such good pokes that doesn't rely on it.
DJin is a heavy pressure 50/50 character, stop saying he's high IQ

I really hope they do. I didn't learn the clusterfuck of a matchup for nothing.

>and Marduk
He doesn't work for your meme because he's completely different from Gigas.

>Christie, Bruce, and Raven added
would have worked better

jesus fuck stop this meme about doing ewgf in combos being so hard. shit is just muscle memory and you can do it on ps4 no problem with some practise. the reason mishimas are harder on ps4 because whiff punishing with ewgf becomes harder.

What's worse, Hwoarangs completely broken powercrush or the fucking Hwoarang mains that try to argue that it osnt

It's a really fucking good move, but its caveat is that it's stuck in a stance. As soon as you see Hwoarang change into the stance different from the one he starts with, always expect that move.

Also keep in mind that if Hwo blocks an attac, he goes back to the neutral stance where he can't access that move.

youtube.com/watch?v=epNA2TkePrM

Could have at least put this in the OP, who knows if someone else is gonna be announced.

Geese is playable at least. The gameplay of the video sucks, bewear

Yes don't bother posting that shit, it's less useful than the original trailer.

>Book gets absolutely demolished once Doujin switches

The fuck happened to him.

I wasn't memeing though

I wouldn't be suprised if they're going to add Christie, Bruce and Marduk because they already have models and Rage Arts in the Mobile game

When knee plays Kazuya he always does a low tier combo with 314 after the screw instead of double electrics which do more damage, and finishes with that high kick out of crouchdash instead of the hellsweep, which I thought gave better oki. Why is that? Double electrics surely aren't a problem execution-wise for knee, so I must be missing something here

Christie is different from Eddy by only a couple of moves, and Josie is already Bruce's replacement.
Marduk would make sense.

Before* the screw, I meant

Best oki for Kazuya's combos is finishing with an EWGF. Both hellsweep and cd3 give bad oki

314 gives better wall-carry

Wall carry probably.

Is Eddy vs King the worst matchup in the game?

no thats steve vs asuka

I tried out the Tekken 7 in my shitty local arcade and it didn't have Gouki. What the fuck is this?
Is it not automatically updated to the latest version? Banapass was working so it should be online, right?

Katarina is so fun. Why isn't she more popular? There's a million Josie-tards online at all times, but I almost never see other Kats.

give me the address to your arcade

She's low tier. Her and Shaheen should have been one character

josie takes work

Because Josie is better than her.

>josie takes work

I play both and Josie is so much easier to punk people out with. IDK Kat just doesn't have those kind of tools.

t. gorilla

What do tiers matter? I see a ton of Lucky Chloes as well but she's considered even lower tier than Katarina. Not to mention Shaheen is 100x more boring than Katarina.

So does Kat. You can't play Katarina unless you have somewhat decent movement, because the character gives you nothing in that department, has no decent evasiveness, and shitty pokes in general. Yeah she has the 44444 meme and easy combos, but shit so does Josie and she can get away with so much more bullshit.

Maybe, but it's not just Josie in particular, I almost never see the character in general. It sucks because I don't want this to be her only Tekken.

There are characters that are stronger AND easier than Katarina.

Keep in mind "easy to use" does not equal "easy to win with"

fun character crippled by shitty frame data basically.

her lows are either short range, low reward or very risky
her stance is basically trash and she only gets dangerous in the corner

Id argue that at the top level other hard characters become "higher iq" just because they have way less going for them than dvj. Bryan, Lee or Nina for example.

when is?

>bryan
>less going for him than dvj
nah

i can agree on lee though

>this is me when Saint/JDCR wins
>for real I want fucking Qudans to win, he deserves it. He plays the highest IQ character in the game and pulled down by console lag and ez mode characters
at their level all characters are high IQ you 7th kyu mongoloid

does oki even except in this candy ass noob game?

>500 wins still being fighter rank

how bad am i

>does oki even except in this candy ass noob game?

you bet your ass it does senpai

It excepts indeed

You didn't mention your character so I'll assume dragunov

t. paul player

With Paul you'd be True Tekken God by the time you have 100 wins

>Nearly 600 wins
>Just hit Warrior
Don't worry. You shouldn't panic unless you hit 1000 wins and you're still in greens.

>over 4k wins spread across several characters
>still in greens

I'm done.

I give up trying to fight Alisa

Character makes no fucking sense and i'm just forced to guess every second

I kinda see where youre coming from but Bryans poking and punishing is weak and devil jins is insanely good. This leads to being able to control the whole match like you want with Devil Jin at any range while Bryan has to be really careful at anything thats mid to close range.

>but Bryans poking and punishing is weak
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I think ive ruined my left hands fingers from doing KBD on pad

I cant do them anymore after 20 off minutes of playing because it just hurts

Bryan mains at it again

Which character I should learn to play with next?

I already play King, Asuka and Kazuya.

It's weird how this game rewards parrying so much when the only real counter to it is chickening or going for a low. I wish hitting them with a low while they were parrying registered as a counter-hit or something. Or at least making grabs unbreakable while someone is parrying, similar to power crushes. Sucks when I'm playing a character without a low launch and someone is parry fishing all day.
I wonder how many Asuka's got to red ranks just by b3 and parry fishing.

I should add that I know you can use knees and elbows but not every character has a hopknee or big knee/elbow punish that goes into a launcher.

>Come home from work all tired
>Load up Tekken and drop no combos, react to everything and rank up
>Weekend
>Load up Tekken
>Drop everything, get hit by everything, cant even backdash anymore

This makes no sense

Harada has also stated he really liked Marduk so it would make even more sense. My hopes for tonight would be guest character and tease/announce two legacy characters: Ganryu and Marduk. Although honestly I would be happy with just 1-2 announcements and an announcement about the future dlc plan.

Probably a vanilla cabinet and not a FR one

>Fingers feel frozen/numb
>Brain's not working
>Clearly can't play at the moment
>Keep trying anyway
>Demoted

My fingers literally are frozen because I suffer from frostbite and my room is cold

This will be fun

I've gone from warrior to grand master with Steve AMA.

Why did you keep playing after your first 2 losses/demotion? I cut the game off right after my first two games lost.

2 losses is nothing. Are you serious?

Grab them if that's all they do. You also can bait the parry and when she's in recovery you can just launch.

People who only do parries are extremely predictable and are hard countered by patient play.

This is why you're grand master again.

You should stop after your first demotion or after 3-4 straight hard losses.

tell us the story user

if you made it to yellow once you know you can get back up there don't sweat it user
also, EU? states?

6 HOURS

Do I have a faulty PS4 controller or what, cause my r2 and l2 register multiple times. Like twice. Certain moves become almost impossible to use like Kazumi's f+3+4 because it automatically goes into the kick

I can't handle this fuckkk

Because I always rematch. I don't really care that much about my rank to be a bitch about it but dropping all the way from warrior to grand master kind of suck, I must say. It was only 3-4 people that took me all the way down, all of them were much better than me but I rematched.

Maybe.

EU. I had a vindicator Eddy too but he got demoted back to greens as well. There isn't much of a story except that I started doubting Steve after a while and I've been playing other characters so my Steve hasn't really improved and that led to losing more and the story repeating itself a few times. I still like Steve but I'm not sure if I want to main him. I get inspired when I watch Knee play him but it quickly fades after playing him myself. Maybe I should just sideline him until I get better at movement, this is my first Tekken after all.

What kind of a person plays Bob?

Time to spend 60 bucks on another controller, goy

me!!!

While not a bad policy to have for rematches losses will get to you eventually especially if you are actively being told you are losing something every time. Take a break after a few straight losses or definitely a demotion. If you still want to play try player match or do some training, because you aren't going to learn too much if your play is slipping more and more because first you're gonna focus on that and second you can't apply an inability to react to, for examples sake say, hell sweeps when it's something you can react to normally.

Don't get discouraged friend, you hit warrior once you can do it again. And also even if Steve is not exactly great doesn't mean you gotta drop him, especially if you are willing to put in the work.

god i wish that was me

>can't decide on a main between two characters

I just want to git gud with one guy why do I have to be so indecisive :(