/hbg/ - Homebrew and hacking general

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.6 via system transfer, hardmod or magnethax)
Switch: 3.0.0
Wii U: 5.5.2
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (userland)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co
Wii U: pastebin.com/DhfG6z7F
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/6DjeR08L

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
[Oct 30] Rei-Six 1.0 released. ReiNAND fork with b9s support and more. github.com/CrimsonMaple/Rei-Six/releases/tag/1.0

>Switch
[Nov 10] It's now possible to run userland homebrew. twitter.com/daeken/status/929249713974427649
[Oct 19] OFW 4.0.0 released, you may not want to update. wololo.net/2017/10/19/nintendo-switch-firmware-4-0-0-released/

>Vita
[Oct 29] VitaShell 1.76 released. github.com/TheOfficialFloW/VitaShell
[Oct 23] PKGI released, allows installing original pkg files, download and unpack pkg files directly on Vita together with your NoNpDrm fake license. github.com/mmozeiko/pkgi/releases
-pkgi.txt: pastebin.com/raw/wRuNrxdb

>PS4
[Oct 20] fail0verflow published a writeup for their 4.05 kernel exploit wololo.net/2017/10/20/adieu-ps4-kernel-exploit-firmware-4-06-fully-detailed-team-fail0verflow/

>PS3
[Nov 8] esc0rtd3w has announced that an exploit is being worked on for 4.81 , with a goal for Christmas. wololo.net/2017/11/08/ps3-developer-esc0rtd3w-announces-ps3-4-81-exploit-around-christmas/

more like ultra meme lmao

Reminder that DS ROM loading from SD was not worth waiting for.

Why isn't the new freeshop fork in the op?

CFW for PS3 4XXX fucking when?

>new
That was like almost a year ago

What is the reason for not running the latest 3ds firmware?

The Paul fork, not the freeshop.pw one

best op we've had in a while

there's no reason. unless you haven't modded it yet, maybe. or maybe you care about minor slowdowns in the oot3d tutorial sections.

Does it still have the ten minute load times?

I'd prefer it to buying a flash cart, since if I need a cart anyway I own every DS game I care about

how do I not get banned when playing UM before release day? do I just turn off my wifi or is there something else I can do?

Being a dabposter. That's the only reason. To feel superior to everyone else for being too lazy to do research and update everything.

load times are mostly OK, biggest problem is compatibility

it takes 5 minutes to google that shit

Just don't go online

don't use any online function ingame, that's it
sounds easy but last time there were a ton of bans thanks to retarded anons

alright just thought I make sure. thanks.

How does the new firmware slow down oot?

I don't know, smea said it does.

smegma is not exactly the voice of reason

With Moon i just didn't go online in game until a week after launch. With UM I'm also gonna keep WiFi off.

Smea knows his shit.

How will you Google for it if you don't know it exists? What will possess you to randomly input in Google both the word Freeshop and Paul in the same search unless you already know there's a new fork of freeshop made by a guy named Paul?

11.3 or 11.4 had extra checks for oothax that slowed the game down considerably at certain points, but then there firmware after it removed those so it's back to how it always was.

It's under the piracy 101 section of the guide.

smea also actively tried to sabotage 3DS piracy despite having knowledge of kernel exploits and telling no one about it, he shouldn't be trusted

reasons for updating:
>no update nag

reasons for not updating:
>everything just werks
>ctr-httpwn not patched
>no need to have tranny shit on your console
>no risk of being locked into the tranny ecosystem after an update

>actively tried to sabotage 3DS piracy despite
He literally did nothing. I agree he should have released it, but your reasoning makes no sense. Also, it wasn't even his choice considering it was mostly yellows8 afaik.

>he shouldn't be trusted
You're fucking retarded.

hello smegma

SUIREN IS

C
U
T
E

If you know better than me, Smealum, the reverse engineer, hacker and hero of the 3DS scene, then why aren't you releasing new kernel exploits? Oh, hold on a second, you're asking basic questions even a toddler could explain! Really interesting.

Reply when ultra sun leaks please

>ctr-httpwn not patched
because you don't need it if you update duh
>not wanting tranny shit
use rei-six

who /hypefor4.81/ here

I'll reply in 5 hours

Just release the hack you fucking hacks

What happens if I choose backup sysnand, while I'm on emunand? Will it be a emunand backup? I'm on 11.3 emunand and want to backup my emunand, but when I enter godmode9 or decrypt9 it says there's no emunand. pls halp.

I just bought this but someone told me that they are built with shit quality materials and it will stop working after a while, is that true or were they just faggots?

>An error has occurred
JUST
I WAS TOO BLEEDING EDGE

Switch or PS4

Which one gets full CFW and Piracy first?

rabi ribbi is out on vita now?

fuck, why isn't 3.65 hacked yet?

switch

cool. I don't mind either way, I have both at the "right" firmware, so I'm just waiting for the fun to start.

Currently on 11.2, A9LH and I want to upgrade to B9S and latest firmware.
I read the guide, BUT

I don't have any device that has an SD slot.
How do I get the files on the SD card anyways?

Really depends actually since there's also news about PS4 exploits but which console would get CFW first then my opinion would be the Switch

Don't you have your phone?

Yes, but that has a micro SD slot and I have a full size SD card in my DS

Oh well you need to buy an USB adapter for it then.

This is why microSD +SD adapter is usually preferable, there's literally no reason to get a regular SD card

you can get USB OTG cables

newfag here.
Bought a 2DS LL JP edition (cause I live in Japan), my only option to install CFW would be buying a R4i Cart to perform the ntrboot right?

Yes, I figured that out very early after I bought the SD card. But that's not gonna help me now. Especially since it's sunday and all stores are closed.

I figured it out in the meantime. Homebrew FTP server.
It's not that fast, but it works

How come ctrhttpwn freezes when I try to launch from the homebrew menu? I'm on 10.7 btw.

>nintendont on Wii u
>finally use pro controller for gamecube games. No more AA batteries for my Wii classic controller
>pro controller can only be players 2
>please kill me

Yeah, I wish more people realised android phones are just portable Linux devices as long as they're rooted. There's not much you can do on a full PC that you can't do on a phone these days.

Can it run crysis?

Sorry I meant useful things

Can it run crysis?

Can it run Windows 10?

>needing WinShit when you already have the greatest and most powerful OS of all time on your phone

Linux/Android, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, Linux plus Android, cannot run Crysis. Therefore Windows is the better OS

wine can run crysis. therefore you and your os are obsolete shit.

Yes, assuming that it's on +11.4 firmware and that you don't have access to another hacked console.

Speaking of, why isn't there a 3ds port of Android yet

Anonymous 11/12/17(Sun)05:45:48 No.195362386▶
I don't care much about online and most new games don't interest me. I'm on 11.2 a9lh Luma version whatever - haven't even used my 3DS in a while. Is there any point in upgrading? Any new features?

Another thing: Is there a site you can point me to that has a detailed explanation of how Nintendo's eShop (non-)sexurity works and how or if they can ever trace your useage of freeshop/CIAngel and the like? I'm worried about using them on my home network.

Nintendo let's you pirate right from their shop on 3ds and Wii u. They can see your IP address if they want, but they clearly don't give two flying fucks one way or the other

the ones written in white are crap. the red ones are fine.
though they don't fit properly on slims.

Can I have psvsd, sd2vita and a regular memory card all usable on one console?

Is Ultra Moon on the freeshop yet?

you're retarded

I see, will try it out then! Thank you~

shit where did you get that

Are you saying I could run Steam on my phone?

sometines you can find full linux roms such as arm ubuntu for android devices so technically yes

Last I checked Steam hadn't been compiled for ARM, so no

Where is the PS3 CFW guide? Wasn't the exploit leaked? I have a fat PS3 sitting on the latest firmware collecting dust, I was promised a guide, Veeky Forums.

leak got deleted I think, exploit to be released near christmas

I downgraded to 2.1 and I got my otp, is it possible to make a backup of 2.1? it's a N3DS so I can't really do shit in 2.1, I only see a black screen

I hacked my 3ds, my Wii, my PS2 and psp. I literally have so many fucking games at my disposal without having to buy anything, but why do I not feel like playing anything?

Why did you do that? You can install b9s without downgrading to 2.1.

Because its more fun to copy steps from an online guide to hack them than video games actually are

I didn't check this thread since months ago, do I really need to update my 3ds to the latest shit that is on the OP?
Maybe because you didn't work for it? I kind of feel the same

Can Vita and Wii share a hard drive? (I know Wii U can't, but I also have an original Wii which I think uses fat32)

Which means? How do I verify it can?

I'm following the old guide I saved because I already have all the files

I'll install a9lh, then update to b9s

Why can't you play GameCube ISOs on a USB on a Wii but you can play Wii ISO/ROMs on a USB?
Why are they SD only?

I know that this question must have been asked a couple of thousand times but Will there be a chance that to go beyond 3.60 on PsVita. I really wanna play some games but they are 3.60+. I know that we\re not able to hack it right now but will we be able to in the future?

At some point, yeah.
Just look how long it took for the PS3.
If you think waiting that long is worth it, go ahead.

How much do you think I'll be waiting though?
Hope it won't be for more than 2 years.

What's stopping you from learning to hack in 2 years and doing it yourself? Nothing, that's what.

You're actually right, user.
I'm quite interested in helping them but I don't know where to start. All I know about programming is how to make mathematic symbols.

If you're committed enough to learn, you can learn to program in 2 weeks to 1 month max. Hacking isn't that much harder to learn. Git gud at Python and C.

so with the 4.81 exploit coming soon I'm interested in buying a used PS3, which one would be best ? I know I should pay attention to the serial number to be 1xxx or 2xxx right ?

I see. So let's say I learn how to program. Is hacking any console the same process?

Hacking is basically done *through* programming.

Where can I learn it easily? I've already tried learning lua and love2d for a while and I stopped and now I forgot everything.

Start with Python. Just google it FFS. Use Stackoverflow and also look up those sites like Codeacademy.

>This is the reality of video game consoles

The Switch I bought a couple weeks back came with 3.0.0 firmware. I haven't updated it, but I assume blown-wide-open piracy like the 3DS has is a long way off, so I should keep up with updates? I'm getting Odyssey for Christmas and don't wanna fuck myself over.

Yep you should definitely update it right away. If any anons come here telling you not to, they're lying out of their asses.