strawpoll.me/14385885
opinions?

i want to fucking launch without 1.12, so elysium is not an option

When is it?

youtube.com/watch?v=ctVrpQ-orss

december this year!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=n4TyqYsC26g

Tommorow, time to pay for sub.

REMINDER IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED THIS MAGNUM OPUS YOU ARE NOT READY FOR ANY KIND OF CLASSIC WOW

youtube.com/watch?v=jpPaoAqO7Eo

Reminder that memespecs like feral, shadow, ret wont get you into raids

Sauce

>you've got to play wow
without even clicking
> memespecs like feral
very good in mc, eh ok in bwl, but bis on vael
> shadow
once zg hits you're viable, before that you heal
if you're clueless please don't post

youtube.com/watch?v=2ekLO8BwxwE

2019 summer

youtube.com/watch?v=msmRwlg23Qc

youtube.com/watch?v=xeUhSjuhQYE

Yeah there's no way I'm actually sitting through that.

If you have enough time to play Classic WoW, you do. Don't lie to me.

>TBC

This. The only acceptable answer is to push the Nostalrius philosophy beyond what was possible with private server tech.

>hurr durr I want to 2 hit people with my undead rogue

youtube.com/watch?v=2uTrOc0lfXY

Rogues were buffed in 1.12, newfriend.

Always some retard who thinks it's about class balance.

Time isn't the issue, it's just the fact that it looks like a really shitty movie. lol

It's kino.

had to turn it off when the orc spoke
>rarara let's have some dialogue & insults before we fight like in the animes!!

so you can watch all 3! youtube.com/watch?v=lnzTbP7G7kw

>didn't even get to the naruto fight scene

Weak.

>Asmongold fully expects MC to be cleared within the week

I thought you guys said vanilla was hard?

someone needs to donate to him and speak of the terribleness of 1.12

youtube.com/watch?v=YqTvdz7mv7c

MC will be cleared as soon as 30~ autists get to 60.

retail is easy too, the only difference is that it pretends that average players aren't trash by giving them free shit.

what about muh pre-bis farming?

holy shit the hype is real

So according this poll most people would like to see a progression towards normal BC.
Why though? Isn't it common opinion that flying and less faction identity did hurt WoW in the long run?

strawpoll.me/14382756/r

You can do it in quest greens.

They'll do it in greenies my dude, the Stratholme/Scholo/UBRS farming comes when they're on lock out from MC.

depends if 1.12 talent trees will be available

anyway private server MC is way easier than official MC

I have two quick question for Classic WoW
I am rolling a Warrior to start off and my alt will be a Druid Is it best to go Alch and Herb on my main or should I go Engineering on my Warrior and go Alch/herb on my Druid? I plan on getting my warrior to 60 before starting on the druid.

Also, With regards to warriors Shadowmeld has bailed me out of many gank attempts when I was rolling in classic. Should I stick with Nightelf and get Edgemasters handguards or is Mace/Sword Mastery infinitely better than Shadowmeld? How much damage do I gain from getting mace and sword mastery?

the only thing people will farm to prepare for mc is some fr gear for tank, hydraxian rep and some key pots that reduce fights to zerg rush tier stupid

Ima laugh when the forums are filled with scrubs shouting for buffs like on their private servers.

Nost-babbies no need to reply. Nostalrius was never the true vanilla experience.
MC and Ony were tuned for pre 1.12 talents. Nostalrius wasn't true to the real thing.

>they think "classic" wont be 1.12

*inhales*

It was only like this due to technical limitations.

While thats true consider that they also added in a load of content and did make some positive changes as well. I prefer vanilla but I would enjoy playing a good bit of TBC after a couple years. Ideally though I would rather have more content added to vanilla in such a way as to introduce the good TBC stuff without it breaking vanilla (redesign outland, no sudden gear escalation, make the vanilla endgame harder and for level 80s as some extra content so it doesnt become irrelevent).

But thats basically a fantasy.

hello clueless faggot, resistance doesn't matter after coe
threat is a nonissue in MC
and for mana you get nonnerfed SoA

If it is they should buff raids.

>resistance doesn't matter

Of course it won't be. What are they paying the new team for?

>he thinks blizzard doesnt have all their previous patch notes and can hotfix patches with ease

*inhales*

Show me a single boss with more than 75 frost resistance in MC, I dare you.

They're not going to have you download an old busted client that hasn't been updated since 2003 and run 15 year old server software lmao. It's going to be built on top of the current client/server software and the original patch diffs wont make any sense in that context.

>resistance doesn't matter

The "1.12" version of Frostbolt you're talking about is the rank from Tome of Frostbolt in AQ20 which is only available on Anathema because it's the only server with AQ out, you fucking monkey. No amount of BTFOing your nonexistent game knowledge will however cause you to put a foot in your mouth.

Engineering is useful if you plan on doing PvP with your warrior. Otherwise Herb/Alchemy will be better for making money and supplying yourself.

Of course they wont have you download an old client, that doesnt mean that cant hotfix in nerfs/buffs from previous patches.

>clueless faggot got btfoed so hard he can only spout same shit as his defence
wrathbabies, every fucking time

It won't
>3 weeks will probably be the right amount
The amount of server resets, crashes and sheer grind will slow a fuck load of these Private kiddies - then there's the q chain for the attunment + grind for gear

And that makes it not relevant how retard?

i want legacy
i want to play legacy now
I WANT TO PLAY NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

The reason we don't have a private servers with old talents is that it would require people to download old clients.

> then there's the q chain for the attunment
8 minutes at worst, can literally do it on the way to MC
> grind for gear
only one who needs gear is tank

You're really overestimating how much work they're going to put into this

The problem they have to begin with is that there's no authoritative source on all the health and damage values in any vanilla patch because there's no database backups left, so all the private servers are using esimations gathered from different sources. It's hard enough to get accurate values for 1.12, getting accurate values for every single mob for every single patch is impossible.

You can't use it on elysium you clueless faggot, its literally not in the game, yet mc gets cleared by green pugs weekly.

Alright, guess Ill roll Herb/Alch for my Warr and get all the dank potion recipes.

That's assuming Blizz doesn't have backups of all major builds in a data center somewhere, which I highly doubt.

And you do know that that rank 10 frostbolt is still vastly superior to the one in 1.1 right? Of course not...

>only one who needs gear is tank
>
Healers will have 0 mana to keep up if the dps can't do their job

They obviously have a VCS for the actual code, it's the databases with damage and health values that are missing. No one keeps 15 year old database backups.

JAB said they had an internal build theyre using, probably for a port over to the newer client

The rank doesn't exist on servers before AQ20 is released. No player on Nost style time gated servers has ever unjustly benefited from Frostbolt rank 11 damage because regardless of client patch, it's not available. People rolling and starting MC on Anathema (and Anathema only) now naturally can get the rank, just like they did on live if they started playing this late into the progression. It's crucial that your disinformation rising from either bad faith, total lack of knowledge or both gets debunked as soon as you post it (though it's been pretty easy so far).

noob

see
Dumb private server baby.

How come? 420-460 with 30% less spellpower contribution vs 500-530 with full sp contribution at a cost of 0.5s cast. How is it superior?

>3 seconds
Read it yourself you dumb nigger. AND the fucking talent differences. It's far better you dumb fucking moron.
See talents and faster cast time with reduced mana. In vanilla mana cost is important.

if druids don't innervate me, the most important mage, i will be fucking MAD

>he thinks mc is healing intensive
healers jack off trying to healsnipe each other most of the time there, potions make their job trivial if not nonexistant

it was pretty intensive from what i remember
not on private of course

at least 1 year to decide what class to roll
I'm afraid that's not enough time to decide
Suddenly I find interest in class balance changes, just so I could play a meme class spec like enh sham which I never did before

I mean, worst case scenario you could probably still level as something like an enhancement shaman or a tank paladin without issue.

I do know what you mean though. There's a lot of difference places where classes might fall so trying to pick too far in advance feels tough.

1.1 - (515+200)/3=238 DPS
1.12 - (440+200*0.7)/2.5=232 DPS
Now who is a dumb nigger?
>muh mana
1.1 SoA reduces mana needed to cast by 25, even without it 300/3=100mana/s 290/2.5=116mana/s
KYS

>completly ignore talents
You're only proving your're a dumb nigger that can't read.

There is literally no raid heal needed on most bosses, and they hit like wet noodle, 4.5k hp unbuffed tank doesn't even notice it, the only heal intensive fight is shazz if you do it zergrush mode, the only mana intensive fight is geddon due to debuff, but thats healers job to not sleep during that fight. You can always chug major mana pots and use darkrunes anyway.
what talents you mongoloid? the only real talent is imp fb and i included it into calculation

Knowing now what I've learned from private servers as well as being a filthy casual during 2004 WoW, I've discovered a pair of important facts.
A warrior can tank with minimal points spent in Protection, including initial raids. It's all about the fucking gear.
Same deal in healing with a shaman or druid. 21 points put into resto for NS and you can go 30 in elemental or feral and it's not going to matter. It really doesn't. It's all about gear and consumables again.

So that broadens my final choice when Classic comes out. I'll probably go with a cow shaman, collect the two sets of gear for fighting and casting, level pure enhance to 60 and make the change to 30 elemental, 21 nature and enjoy the game. If someone really wants a mana tide totem I'll toss down the ST trinket and say 'there you go'. Shaman stack so well for raids with totems and chain heal it doesn't fucking matter for spec past that. My guild will still kiss my ass for logging on for a raid.

doesn't sound like you've played during vanilla

how much do you wanna bet on that?

Magic resistance reduction, mana reduction and threat have no place in your DPS meter? Why am I not surprised retail baby?

Show me a single boss in MC with more than 75 frost resistance.

Here we go again with your bullshit.

So is there one?

which class is it hardest to start raiding as?

rogue because they're just place holders for dps warriors

Elemental shaman.

rogue because population is not equal to demand

Melee Hunter, Boomkin, Ele Shaman, Enhancement Shaman, Fire Mage (in MC), Ret Pally, Feral Druid, any unviable spec
As for actually viable specs probably Prot Warrior or Rogue

before i read through these wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Patches/1.x does blizzard change a lot of things without an associated note, or can you expect 99% of changes to be listed in each of these?

WOW CLASSIC WHEN?