/srg/ - Speedrunning General

speedrun.tv
speedrun.com

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/simply-495501142/simpjones-mix-20
youtube.com/watch?v=jsdHZ68c2Ps&index=1&list=PL9LMyba9is45cZf6X16lOcVKpG-HGVRfF
twitter.com/clintstevensTV/status/930103946013827073
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This image is literally in reverse you fucking mongloid.

Is cyberdemon a tranny now?

The God Gamer Stigma

Why do trannies only make up .5% of the population buy 75% of the speedrun community?

we can fix that

Level 1 - sub 20 in 16 star
Level 2 - sub 1 in 70 star
Level 3 - sub 1:50 in 120 star
Level 4 - sub 1:45 in 120 star
Level 5 - sub 1:40 in 120 star

Because you're bad at math.

You forgot the one category that actually matters.

jrpg randomizer in last tier lel

soundcloud.com/simply-495501142/simpjones-mix-20

Is simply our guy?

Is NASA our marathon?

>HuniePop and The Binding of Isaac not in Casual Scum tier

tell a normie you're speedrunning huniepop and look how the reaction differs from mario

Isaac isn't casual scum tier at all.

youtube.com/watch?v=jsdHZ68c2Ps&index=1&list=PL9LMyba9is45cZf6X16lOcVKpG-HGVRfF
>62% cutscenes

Great. Now make an updated version with the latest world record.

>door transitions are cutscenes
>menu is cutscenes
>pause buffering is cutscenes
I specifically did not press dislike so that you get less ad revenue.

>>door transitions are cutscenes
correct
>>menu is cutscenes
>>pause buffering is cutscenes
Moving a cursor doesn't count.

shittest meme to ever be posted here

Remember how the obsessed freak would spam for literal months on end about how Clint, Diddeh and BounceyBoy will bop Squid in 70 star?

Remember how Squid dropped the game to go back to his other speedgames and he still hasn't been touched in 70 star?

That means the obsessed freak was incorrect.

Holy shit, you're right lmao

>no one bothered with manual super swims with wind waker until now
>people have literally been missing out on multiple minutes because they didn't think to do this

this is absolutely unreal

squid gives diddeh tips on consistency.jpg

>70 star
lmao. they all gave up like cowards, except clint, who moved onto a category that isn't a complete joke.

>"psst, diddeh, ooh ooh. here is tip for consistent play, eek ook! you just need do terrible movement and easy strats, ahh ahh. then you don't need to play well to be consistent and can get mid 52 like me! ooh ooh aah!"

Why do you keep avoiding the point? You were incorrect.

Samefag meaningless post fueled by being called out on being wrong. Again.

cfb being a shitlib in zoastchat.......

Goose is the only cool speedrunner. Everyone else is an autist.

i like watching skilled speedrunners ply their craft

twitter.com/clintstevensTV/status/930103946013827073

Clinstevens is now indisputably better than Squid at SM64.

uhhhhh

Question:
How long will it take me to get good enough to get close to WR in a top-tier speedran game?

1 or 2 years if you practice right. If you just spam runs like a mongoloid you probably won't ever get near wr.

between 1 and 3 years depending on your level of autism and employment status

The God Gamer Stigma

gross!

Squid dropped SM64 months ago while Clint has still been going. This is how speedrunning works.

You were incorrect.

Clint started a while after Squid did. What's your point?

>49 by 2018

>The obsessed freak spends months upon months shitting on Squid in the thread
>Spends every day claiming Diddeh is going to “expose” him
>Squid drops SM64 with a low 52
>Literal months have passed
>Diddeh still has an embarrassing 55

No matter what happens at the point, the freak has lost.

Diddeh and Squid both dropped SM64.

Clint surpassed both of them by running the only noteworthy category and by getting a time that in that category that is significantly more difficult to get than a mid 52.

You were wrong.

Can't always be right.

They both have embarrassing times for the amount of time they put in. At least Diddeh has good times on some stars, while Squid has no good times on anything.

Squid’s time is literally minutes faster than Diddeh. They also have average times for playing for how long they did, quit making a big deal out of literally nothing.

>Squid’s time is literally minutes faster than Diddeh.
Diddeh has a 53:47. That's not even 2 minutes slower than Squid lmao.

Diddeh has fast times on stars, times that are far more impressive than a 52 in 70 star.

Diddeh can’t even get a low 52 so that is objectively incorrect. Again.

Diddeh has good times on some things.

Squid has good times on nothing.

It's obvious who the better player is.

>meme game runners think having a 52 in fucking 70 STAR means you're a better player than someone who has proven they understand how optimization works in ILs.
You can't make this shit up.

If Diddeh was the better player he would have a better time than Squid, which he doesn’t, because he is incapable. You were wrong before, you’re wrong now. If Squid recorded his single star times you know he could match what Diddeh was putting out.

>If Squid recorded his single star times you know he could match what Diddeh was putting out.
lmfao holy shit the delusion.

That isn’t an argument. You didn’t even bother to put forward anything to counter my claim and you also completely ignored the first point I made. Stop wasting my time.

You just can’t stop being incorrect.

You can see in Squid's movement that he is completely incapable of optimal single stars. Congratulations on outing yourself for having no understanding of how SM64 is optimized.

Squid is better at speedrunning SM64 than Diddeh.

Can I have a list of born female speedrunners?

What's with this ALTTP Randomizer Tournament shit? I see it have thousands of views and is live nearly 24/7 with 1.5k+/viewers yet people don't really talk in chat. I've been following speed running since RE1 for the PSX came out and this seemingly came out of nowhere.

cronikeys
no wait that's actually a man pretending to be a woman lol

It isn't related to speedrunning.

>timer
>listed under the speed running category on twitch
>Randomizers in OP level 5

Is this how you keep out the GDQ audience that ruins everything or what?

It's obviously a form of speedrunning.

How is it not speedrunning. You have to know the strats to deduce the fastest way to beat the game.

It's like Binding of Isaac.

you mean people like you?

>we

who is we?

why did you spoiler?

>70 star
>120 star
If you don't run 0 Star, you are a little baby memecategory runner.
>b-but they're more fun
Speedrunning is about completing a game as quickly as possible, not about having fun.
>b-but 0 star is so random
Again not relevant and if you have the skill you can complete more good 0 star runs than 120 star runs in the same timeframe anyway.
>b-but muh hands hurt from mashing
lmao

120 star is objectively more skilled than 0 star.

Nothing is inherently more skilled than anything else. If the same energy was invested into 0 star instead of into 120 star, it would be just as competitive.

stop being epic

>Nothing is inherently more skilled than anything else.
lol

>tfw goose never played homecoming

It's easier to get the "walking a mile while balancing a bottle of milk on your head" record than the regular 100m race record, although the former seems more skilled at first glance.

Why hasn't anyone come close to the 1:39:28 by that gay faggot Cheese. I just want to see him freak out once it's taken from him. Also why are all the SM64 runners obnoxious, is Batora full of ego too, never watched him live.

Batora yells like Pewdiepie all the time.

Does he live stream on Niconico with any regularity? One good thing about the NA community is there is usually one of the top 3 online. Is there a twitch restream that's active or do I have to hoop jump through gook speak?

52:1X is a mid-52.

>Why hasn't anyone come close to the 1:39:28
Because it's an incredibly difficult record to break. Puncay and Batora can break it, but neither of them are 1:38 capable like Cheese is.

I'm sure you are the perfect human.

That's clearly a low 52.

How many speedrunners actually made it (able to live off streaming) or achieve a decent level of popularity? I ask only because I keep hearing from others about how high level runners enjoy a decent level of fame and fortune inside and outside the community.

From what I've seen many top tier runners struggle to get/maintain a mere hundred viewers, some don't even have a community for their game, some runners who made it did so by deviating from pure speedrunning, and even people able to make something more than pocket change like Zoast are quite rare.

there's a twitch channel called "batoramirror1"
I don't recommend watching on nicovideo as their site is cancer and has viewer limits, so you likely won't e able to watch anyway without paying.

>How many speedrunners actually made it (able to live off streaming) or achieve a decent level of popularity?
A very small minority.
>I ask only because I keep hearing from others about how high level runners enjoy a decent level of fame and fortune inside and outside the community.
Whoever told you that is fucking stupid.
>From what I've seen many top tier runners struggle to get/maintain a mere hundred viewers, some don't even have a community for their game, some runners who made it did so by deviating from pure speedrunning, and even people able to make something more than pocket change like Zoast are quite rare.
This is correct. The most popular speedrunner is Clintstevens and he's shit at all of his games lmao.

Is viewer limit a common issue? I only remember running into it when watching popular events, like PSO2 livestream.

batora is the only speedrunner who gets that many viewers that it will affect you on nicovideo

im pretty sure cheese not having a bitch fit and tilting away every run is the reason he finally got that time in the first place

>didn't think of
Worse, they've thought of it for years, but refused because
>pause buffering is too hard
>don't want to reset just after sitting through the intro
>only a handful of people have put any effort whatsoever into this absolute meme of a game

So, how about that new Super Metroid No Major Glitches world record by Behemoth?

why didn't you sage?

>mario kart 8 isn't casual

A number of people care about your respectably difficult meme game.

>its another trihex chokes a run away and wastes 2 hours analyzing something irrelevant episode

Haven't seen the run, how is it?

and user watches, like a good maroon*