Dota 2 General - /d2g/

>INFORMATION & GUIDES
Major patch: dota2.com/duelingfates (7.07)
Minor patch: dota2.com/news/updates/34339/ (7.07b)
New players: purgegamers.true.io/g/dota-2-guide/
New players (League refugee edition): dotabuff.com/learn/lol
Wiki: dota2.gamepedia.com/
Blog: blog.dota2.com/
Lore: dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=35923
Guides: steamcommunity.com/app/570/guides
Cosmetic simulator: dotaloadout.com/
Competitive Scene: wiki.teamliquid.net/dota2/Main_Page
Interactive Map: devilesk.com/dota2/apps/interactivemap/

>STATISTICS
Competitive DOTA 2 analysis: datdota.com/
Personal statistics: dotabuff.com/
Personal statistics#2: opendota.com/
Hero stats: devilesk.com/dota2/heroes/herodata/
Hero and DPS calculator: devilesk.com/dota2/apps/hero-calculator/

>NEWS & STREAMS
joindota.com/
gosugamers.net/
liquiddota.com/
Streamlink: github.com/streamlink/streamlink
GUI: github.com/streamlink/streamlink-twitch-gui

Other urls found in this thread:

leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Grievous_Wounds
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Breed

TA is my girlfriend

when is OpTic playing?

nth for PUGNA

>throwing so visage will get buffed again and return to pub destroyer status

coL new favorite team

USA USA USA

GAYrocopter?!

how good is Brood Mommy in 7.07?

is Crystal "Maiden" the most horrible title given to someone in dota land? this "Maiden" doesnt look like a maiden to me , hell Lina the Slayer is more of a maiden compared to this slut.

One time in hon i sent limmp a friend request by accident. He accepted it and used to let me spectate his scrims.

>EG wins
>D2G cries

LOVE
IT

never again, disbanded

SHARTOOOOOOOOOUR!!!

the summit

reminder

arcanes > javelin > blink

item idea:

coldsteel shiv
>orb of venom + broadsword + 500g recipe
>+25 damage
>passive - grievous wounds - same as orb of venom but also reduces healing by 15% for the duration.
>active - bloodfreeze - 70 mana, 15 cd, enchants next attack to deal an extra 45 damage per debuff the target has. the version of grievous wounds applied is altered, reducing healing by 5% more and dealing 5 more damage per second for each debuff.

>grievous wounds

leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Grievous_Wounds

Will Moo insist on going the drums meme build on SK?

solid convoluted shit, just like the latest aditions to the game, send your resume to icefrog

fuck you avatarnigger

Really epic stuff. My dad works at Valve so I'll tell him asap! Also, mind sending me your resume? I think Valve could use a creative guy like yourself!

What is the point of making idiotic pointless questions other than posting a literal whore?

shartour's shartbuddy

healing reduction is the pandora's box of assfaggots
I hate that it has been creeping into hots

>no quoll hero

When do the BAD teams play?

its already in dota

who is this cute boy?

lmao

what about
S T A T U S
R E D U C T I O N

guys

pangolier is really, really fun

COL vs EG game 3

8 hours of non stop NA DOTA

Today is a great day !!!!!

NEED

>I hate that it has been creeping into hots

doesn't hots have a dedicated healer role? I remember playing malfurion from beta to early release and doing game dominating levels of healing, how have they not added this shit already?

@195421783
kill yourself

>Status reduction
>iron talon(had to be removed)
>talents
>CD reduction
>spell amp
>cast range up
Dota 2 is literally becoming more and more League with every patch but nobody seems to be complaining

fucking autist nigger, get rabies and die

the part where my taint meets the underside of my scrotum is really itchy right now

>@195421783

what

>eg might shart itself into another major
Dotards?

>how to spot a sc2 poster

what's Fluff up to these days?

>talents
>increased cast range
>like league
you have no idea what you are talking about
what a a surprise

loading magazines for the summit

buy some antibiotic cream and apply to nuts

Except all dotards do all day is complain.

>DELETED

Why are these actually bad, though? Aside from Talon which was a failed experiment.

yeah but on long cooldowns and high impact abilities like AA ult
It seems like developers greatly underestimate how powerful these abilities are with a bit of coordination

hots has them often as passive effects on short cooldown abilities or even fucking autoattacks and this is a game where every match has at least one dedicated healer, a significant healing reduction for like 2 seconds is in many ways essentially 2 seconds of lockdown

because league is a bad game and taking mechanics from a bad game makes your game worse? see Iron Talon

>swedes being in charge of choosing music
Fucking christ if it's not dubstep bullshit it's this white valleygirl pop-rock bullshit fucking end me

except it's literally turning into HoN
it's so sad that dotards are all so young that they don't remember the greatest ASSFAGGOTS of all time

laying low after he got put on a FBI watchlist, i'd expect him to make a LAN appearance in the nearby future.

can we please bring back 4p1 45+min rice fests

HoN was the best, but it did die so...

because it completely ruins one archetype
and like you said, it has a dedicated healer role and it's balanced around that

imagine a game where all HP and damage is based around the idea of having a constant healer around and then you add an effect that removes the healing
it doesnt fucking work

he literally added Tenacity. LITERALLY ADDED TENACITY

Can she even have kids anymore she's so old lmao

how squishy do you think sheever thighs are?

QUICK! POST YOUR GANKING FACE!

arts of mireskas legs yet?

blizzard game forums are typically populated by a loud minority of support mains who suck at the game and demand massive buffs to their stuff while nerfing everything else

the most egrerious example of this is overwatch, where genji got immediately dumpstered when the game was released but lucio/mercy/ana have all been massively overpowered at some point for a long time each without blizzard really doing anything about it.

At this point I'm pretty sure EG exists only to help rtz win a TI. ppd, Fear, and Universe already won. zai doesn't seem to care. Only one left from SADBOYS who gave a lot of shit about Dota is rtz. It's the reason why he team hopped: to win. It's the reason why EG stopped having a grudge against him: they won already, they don't really need him.

H-HAYAI

I mean the problem with this then comes from the risk of having heavy power creep towards tank heroes, were you basically end up with games that have like 2-3 tanks on each side that are literally unkillable.

I have no idea I haven't played hots for like a year

there are heroes that are designed around nothing but damage and yet we have Omni in the game

so by that logic, doesn't medivh's spell that makes people invulnerable to damage ruin the dps archetype completely?

hots seriously need to cuck the shit out of healers but it'll never happen

the charge mechanic works out
and the difference is that healing is not as essential in dota as it is in hots, so even if they go a bit crazy it's not necessarily as bad

tenacity is fucking fantastic, watching scripting invokers fuck up their combos on strength heroes is hilarious every time

the difference is that it's a defensive ability that can be played around (just damage something else)

healing reduction is offenseive and can't be played around like that
if the enemy is focusing all their damage on player X and X gets a healing reduction effect, you can't just heal someone else because X is the one taking damage

Why is it bo3 again?

you are such a shit stain

Because it's not a league setup for NA since there's only 4 teams

Bullshit. Status Reduction is only available to strength heroes, and can only be increased with strength stats. League's version of this is horribly implemented.

how do i build offlane omni knight

>where genji got immediately dumpstered when the game was released

i forgot to clarify that it was almost entirely because support mains cried about how the flanker hero killed them a lot. nowadays, genji can't really threaten those heroes without his ult

>scripting

it's past your bed time

because they could only find 4 NA teams that don't play on the level of a 4k EU stack

>. Status Reduction is only available to strength heroes
>Aeon Disk

>this complexity draft
This is going to be a disaster or amazing

well maybe the healer should heal someone else then. or use something else to save him, like a disable or that medivh spellor god forbid don't pick as many healers and just focus on killing the enemy team now that they're devoting all their resources to killing one hero.

because EU is a shitstain

SUPER URN is also dispellable and doesn't work through BKB

is EG better or worse without Zai?

thanks for the meal dotards

Other than that. Disk is also a pretty shit item since its stats are horribe and and the active effect is mediocre to most heroes that need to deal damage.

Would you?

>want to get the QoP emoticon from International 2017 Emoticon Pack I
>wiki says it's tradeable/marketable International 2017 Emoticon Pack I
>can't find it on steam market or in-game store
dotards???
is it not marketable until 2018 or something?

You are like little baby watch this

Shiv of fuckhealingLMAO

Orb of Venom + Claymore
+30 damage
>Attacks apply a -10%(Melee user) / -5%(Ranged User) movement speed debuff, lasts 3 seconds, stacks 3 times
>Active - Applies a 10 second debuff to the next enemy attacked, the next active Healing effect applied to the debuffed target consumes the debuff and applies a Negative healing effect equal in strength in place of the original spell.

GET FUCKED ALCH

you are understanding the problem but not realizing it
yeah there are ways around healing reduction - very specific counterspicks

the reason tassadar has been a top tier pick for literally years despite multiple nerfs and reworks is because his shields are unaffected by this crap, similar story with medivh and to a lesser extend uther

healing reduction makes the 90% of supports that dont have a good answer to it terrible. you don't see how that's a problem?

>iron talon (literally the smite summoner spell from lol) being removed is making dota like league
that shit is cancer
what is ancient apparition ult

also did a remake on the item idea

coldsteel shiv
>orb of venom + broadsword + 500g recipe
>+25 damage
>passive - bloodfreeze - same as orb of venom but also reduces healing by 20% for the duration. for every debuff the target has, attacks deal 25 more damage and reduce healing by an additional 10%.

>combines with diffusal blade to make cobra scimitar

cobra scimitar
>+35 agi
>+20 int
>+25 damage
>passive - manatoxin - attacks apply a 15% decrease to healing, a 15% increase to mana cost/loss, and burn 10 mana each second for 5 seconds. multiple instances stack.
>active - expunge - remove buffs from a target enemy hero and slow it by 100% for 4 seconds. for each buff removed, 75 mana is burned.

Well, in dota there's a handful of heroes who heal others, but it's never their defining ability.

..would i what?