Post your denomination and what your pastor talked about today

Post your denomination and what your pastor talked about today.

I'm Orthodox, and today my priest told us not to wear safety pins, that they are "a false symbol," and if we want to wear a symbol to feel good, wear the cross.

WTF is this safety pin nonsense? I wear safety pins sometimes because they are (were) cool, but now they have been appropriated by the anti-trumps betas?

Why even live.

Apparently Bongs started wearing them after Brexit, to show that they were "safe" Now anti Trumpers who don't understand why they lost are wearing them for that same pathetic virtue signaling.

Roman Catholic, our priest talked about how those who commit evil deeds will walk in the ashes of hell. The service was actually pretty metal.

I did not know that. thanks. I guess I'll have to keep my safety pins safe from view by any of these potential tards.

Yeah I know, it sucks. I don't even use them because I think they look cool, they're just the easiest replacements for when the rider on a zipper falls off. I have them both on my winter jacket and on my backpack.

You mean the homily was, right? Not the service, surely.

Brexit made people safer though

He means they wore one to show they support immigration, and thus immigrants could trust them to be "safe" and not commit any hate crimes against them.

Were there any instances of hate crimes being incited by Brexit?

Does it matter? Trump is being constantly blasted for hating gay people, even though there's not really any evidence of that

Yeah, both are stupid. I'm just wondering if there is any reason that the trend started off

Demonizing Brexiters and Trumpers as Nazis looking for Jews, and the pin is a "I would totally harbor Jews" token

The huffington post memed itself out of existence.

but now where will i go to learn about the latest side boob news?

>white people made Trump president
>even though if blacks had stopped smoking crack for 5 minutes and turned out at Obama levels, Hillary would be president

This shit is hysterical. Trump's election rests entirely at the feet of the black community.

/tv/

Methodist I did go today becuse I had work

>that entire fucking article
Jesus shit

At some point if you in-fight enough you reach the centre and come out the other side.

>virtue signaling.

Stop using this buzzword. You don't know what it means

>Saying you love or hate something to show off what a virtuous person you are, instead of actually trying to fix the problem.
Sounds pretty fitting to me

Man, you guys were the greatest country in the world. What happened? Are you bored? Space exploration seems like a good hobby to be quite desu.

I think we decided that arm chair sociology and blind worship of the media are better hobbies. There's too much math in space, plus rockets look like penises and are therefore sexist.

Protip: use a split ring like you put your keys on.

>rider
Oh so that's the name for it. Paperclips?

>split ring
It's called a key ring for a reason you doofus

Wait, safety pins have become a symbol of something? Goddamnit, I have an old leather jacket with a couple in it that I wear to punk shows.

Fuck this shit. Latino here who voted Independent and doesn't feel at all threatened that Trump was elected President.

Roman Catholic
Didn't attend mass this week because I don't believe in God

Episcopalian, didn't go this week because I'm a lazy shitter.

Orthodox Marxist/Luxemburgist. I listened to the newest Richard Wolff piece on the rise of Trump and talked to a professor about if Stalin's late adulation of the middle class was counterrevolutionary or a well-intentioned turn toward personal freedom.

thing is: people actually wanted to elect obama and yet no one with two brain cells to rub on each other wanted hillary in the white house.
the problem was that the alternative was even worse... but it's way easier to captivate and rally illiterate simpletons with basic and shallow rethoric/hate speech against minorities than the average person living in a city.

>white people; we fucked up bad
>we're 70% of the voters and Trump only appealed to us
>it doesn't matter why
>putting on safety pins
>self-designating ourselves as allies

Why does this middle-aged white man write with the sanctimonious tone of a 20-year-old African American girl?

I don't know about pins but he seems like prick.

>the alternative was even worse

Considering that Clinton was steering us into war with Russia, one can seriously doubt that.

Then you're not Roman Catholic and please stop identifying as such. You screw up polls of "Roman Catholics" when asking about things like contraceptives and abortion.

Do you even have to practice anything to be an Episcopalian?

Average roman """""""""""""catholic""""""""""""" tbqhwymf

Well I'm relatively new to the church, but it seems that we're very similar to Catholics when it comes to services.

>appoints bolton
heh

The services are similar to Catholic, but the theology is extremely liberal. Believing in the virgin birth is optional, for instance.

1 Corintihians 8.
If you're saying "hey, I won't turn you in to ICS, I'll jump in against if I see a hate crime, etc.," you're virtuous, if you're as OP's article describes, you're sinful.

>Then you're not Roman Catholic and please stop identifying as such. You screw up polls of "Roman Catholics" when asking about things like contraceptives and abortion.
At the last conclave people were creaming their knickers at the thought of the first non-European Pope, but I really wanted Cardinal Sean Brady to be elected, so we could get the first atheist Pope
At least the new one is gay, so there's that

>Man, you guys were the greatest country in the world

Muslim. Born and raised in it but Don't really practice anymore that I moved out. Don't have pastor. Haven't been to masjid in months. Parents always talk about how great the world is going to be now that trump is going to bomb Saudi Arabia.

you have to lack any scrap of self-respect and decency if you let yourself be bullied by some dickless torturer self-deluded with dreams of grandeour

just like all other dictators, they're stupid but not braindead retarded... they know where they can go without crossing the line - if they cross the line they know they will be wiped out of the map

and russia is nothing more than a shitty paper bear

also, dictators are pretty much the personification of a bully in power - they can't be appeased, tammed or calmed; if they decided to be any of those it's probably because it's in their best interests at the time but sooner or later they will go back to their former selves

Metal masses? Thanks Vatican II

JW. This was our daily text:

Monday, November 14

Do not drink wine or other alcoholic beverages . . . when you come into the tent of meeting.—Lev. 10:9.

Does that passage mean that we must not drink anything alcoholic before going to a Christian meeting? Think about these points: We are not under the Law. (Rom. 10:4) In some lands, our fellow believers use alcoholic beverages in moderation at meals before attending meetings. Four cups of wine were used at the Passover. When instituting the Memorial, Jesus had his apostles drink wine that represented his blood. (Matt. 26:27) The Bible condemns heavy drinking and drunkenness. (1 Cor. 6:10; 1 Tim. 3:8) And many Christians would feel impelled by their conscience to abstain completely from alcoholic beverages before engaging in any form of sacred service. However, circumstances vary from one country to another, and the important thing is for Christians to conduct themselves with holiness that pleases God.—Lev. 10:10. w14 11/15 3:18

>and russia is nothing more than a shitty paper bear
The only non-US aligned nation with nukes that can reach us bruh.