/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (Speccy screenshot), operating system, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>Where do I get Nintendo games
OR
>Where do I get PS3 games
OR
>Where do I get 3DS games
OR
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Remember to submit bug reports or shit won't get fixed.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=brMW6KFue-I
board.byuu.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1861
dropbox.com/s/ibezb17w1r366vs/ToTA GSdx32 (05052015)-SSE4.dll?dl=0
patreon.com/posts/what-system-you-15337913
patreon.com/posts/which-two-new-us-12427903
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Dumping my retroarch/screenshots folder

no thanks

This is kind of cute, but there's no way I could ever actually play like this.

nah it's ok mate here have some more

nah

Took that from my phone, looks pretty badass on a smaller screen

weedlmao

youtube.com/watch?v=brMW6KFue-I
>One hour autism about PS2 image, even John from Digital Foundry talking about the hardware.
Can't say i dislike it.

bump

Will we ever achieve 100% perfect emulators for every system? Or is it an unattainable pipe dream?

so what's better, pcsx2 deinterlacer in software mode or ps3 deinterlacer?

what happened to that gigantic list of game dumps?

Vita emulator when

Sorry for the noob question. What is this issue called? I'm playing Tales of the Abyss on PCSX 2 and I get this graphics error so far the first village and the valley at the beginning of the game

Is there any way to make software mode look better in PCSX2?

The whole point of GBA shaders is to fix the vomit colors.

Looks like some sort of postprocessing is fucked up when running at a high resolution. Might be depth of field, bloom, or some form of anti-aliasing that's messed up. Can't really tell.

PORTING TO RETROARCH SO WE CAN SHADER THE SHIT OUT OF IT
WHEN
H
E
N

looks fine

>yfw there are real hardware fags who take tons of effort to make real hardware look like raw emulator output

board.byuu.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1861

Does PCSX2 have filters, shaders and the like?
You could try something like that, i like to use crt-easymode on retroarch for PS1 and Sega Saturn games.

Compared to what it looks like in hardware mode though with 3x up-scaling, but apparently you can't upscale in software mode.

there's a special build for tales of the abyss somewhere out there, google it.

Oh yeah, I did that first, there's a link to a forum post on the pcsx2 wiki for TotA, but the links on that post are all dead

SP and cucklard must pay for their crimes.

What are the benefits of WiiU USB Helper over MapleSeed2?

vita emulator when

99% of the games have PC ports. Just pirate those

lumines electric symphony, txk, and wipeout are on pc?

he probably meant
>99% of the GOOD games have pc ports

Are you a retard?
>99%

those aren't good games?

dropbox.com/s/ibezb17w1r366vs/ToTA GSdx32 (05052015)-SSE4.dll?dl=0

Lucky for you I still had it.

>Vita
>GOOD games
??????????

GravityRush, Tearaway and SS:D are good games fuck you

I'll give you GR but that's PS4 now. The other two are not good games.

vita emu when?

Dude you are the third guy to ask this

What is SS:D?

I'm looking to buy a new computer and wondering, is extra ram a big deal with emulation or not?
I know CPU is extremely important but next to nothing about the other components.

apparently you need a 80gb page file to run some cemu games

>some cemu games
AYYYY LMAO
cemu is literally botw emulator

Just wait for CXBX Reloaded and play the Xbox version.

It's called "RPCS3".
I'm having a Deja Vu now.
And I also had it yesterday.
And the day before that.
And practically the entire past week.
Seriously fuck you, you fucking retard.
You already know fucking perfectly the fucking answer, so stop fucking asking the exact same shit over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Not the user that had the issue but I was searching for this some months ago, thanks user!

now that new angrylions plugin is out, can we safely say that n64 emulation is fixed*?

*windows only

cheaper to buy a n64 and a flashcart than a pc capable of handling angrylion.

It's even cheaper to shove a box of corn flakes up my ass

This. Who the fuck is going to spend ~$1400 for """perfect""" N64 emulation? Call me when that $1400 PC can do other things.

When we have the technology to emulate reality on a sub-atomic level

What I want then is for you to piss off from my timeline and no longer appear wherever I am talking, and also to shut your mouth online about me. That is what I want. Also, reimburse the money for that Shield hardware would be a nice gesture back. "I don't like you and have no interest in working with you" - yeah the dude who sent you that hardware whom I had to convince to send it to you because I wanted to show my appreciation for your work would be sure glad to know what the return on his investment was - 'alright, hope he stays'. That is what happens when I take chances on people. Pathetic parasite. If you don't like me and have no interest working with me, then you don't need the toys I hooked you up with either. Reimburse the money already. There is a 'donate' button on the website right there, with several options on how to reimburse it. And no, I don't need the hardware back, I need that money you took from a guy whom 'you don't like'. I can find better contributors that I could hook up with some other gear instead, and unlike you they don't stalk me around either and fling mud in my face.
Go fuck yourself with your sanctimonious bullshit, and BTW, next time I see you entering another thread again where I am around, one of my repos, places where you were unmentioned, and you keep this kind of 'prodding' along, I will report you. That I can assure you. I am about fed up with your constant vitriolic bullshit buddy and now I'm about to do something about it. You are put on notice here. All your posts are going to be deleted, out of sight, out of mind. Your presence is unwanted and undesired from this point on, and I will make sure that you stay gone.

>cheaper to buy a n64 and a flashcart than a pc capable of handling angrylion.
Same goes for most systems. What is your point??

>What is your point??
Can't you read?
>cheaper to buy a n64 and a flashcart than a pc capable of handling angrylion.

Soul Sacrifice.

If you're spending $1400, you might as well make it your top tier gaming PC that will last you for 5 years. Running emulators on it would just be a nice bonus.

fuck off
We need SP to fuel Play! or hpsx64 developement with his patreon money and not this dead piece of shit ported to RA.

>Soul Sacrifice
>good game

>We need SP to fuel Play! or hpsx64 developement with his patreon money

patreon.com/posts/what-system-you-15337913 not gonna happen son ;)

Exactly.

>Can't you read?
Just LOL if you think the main purpose of emulation was to save money somehow.. Hacking a used ps2 is cheaper than emulating, and same for wii and many other systems.

You make it sound as if this is something unusual.

>two wrongs make a right

Does anyone know where I can download this from? I can't even find a working demo of it.

Fuck me, I forgot pic.

patreon.com/posts/which-two-new-us-12427903
>Jul 3 at 2:30am
>5 months ago
>ppsspp was half-assed
>supermodel didn't happen

This guy () is basically saying water is wet.. So I puzzled as to why he would even bother saying that. Maybe he really did just want to say that water is wet.. Who knows

>This guy ( (You)#) is basically saying water is wet.
Yet you failed to grasp such a simple concept
"What is your point??"
Everyone got it but you.
>So I puzzled as to why he would even bother saying that.
There's no "puzzling" well maybe in your little crazy head.
You're just an unlikeable pedantic moron.
I wish I had an shrug.jpg to post but you ain't even worth the effort of googling one.

>Yet you failed to grasp such a simple concept
Please enlighten me. I can't be the only person who thinks it would be silly to say obvious things that people here should already know (hacked consoles/ flashcarts being a cheaper alternative to emulators).

How will the manchildren of the future be able to play the videogames of today?
Games today are always updating and are sold by parts, will those games be archived completed or will there be missing parts?

well you keep saying stuff like that so you need to work on your self awareness or lack thereof.

>i have no real argument so I'm going to keep pretending like I know what I'm talking about

see
But go ahead and keep digging yourself , you do this in EVERY thread.

Is FPGA software pretty universal or does every program have to be reprogrammed for each board its on?

>you do this in EVERY thread
>being this delusional
top kek

>Hacking a used ps2 is cheaper than emulating, and same for wii and many other systems.
wtf

oh im sorry i mistook you for that dumb dude that keeps posting stupid retarded shit in every thread.

SP has finished the whole souls series, bloodborne, doom, super mario odyssey, nier with your money.

RA hasn't moved for months.

How does that make you feel?

Makes me feel happy for him, he deserves some rest

>How does that make you feel?
Jealous.
Despite also having passive income and all the free time in the world, I can rarely seem to bring myself to finish any games. The prospect of finishing things often worries me, gets under my skin.
Can't even explain it off with a reason like 'Cause then it'll be over!' or 'There's a million more fun things RIGHT HERE' because I don't give a shit about either. It's just straight up dumb.

>I'M HOARSE..YOU FOOL....!!!!

>I could be watching vincesauce right now

That took me 10 seconds.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games

trying to get rpcs3 to work

keep getting 0xc00005 error upon start, reinstalling visual c++ or the latest drivers doesn't work

os is 64bit

this sucks demon balls

Try running it as an admin

bump

is there an alternative to angrylion to emulate N64 without super-sharp polygons?

maybe a filter?

Whatever plugin you want to use (glidn64,gliden, whatever) at native resolution of 240p

>is there an alternative to angrylion
why do you want an alternative?

because I have a 1st gen i7 toaster.
it's a good toaster, but I don't think it's that good.

N64 emulation has improved a lot since last I checked, fuck.

I have latest CEMU and BOTW...just kidding. People say that Warriors Orochi Hyper runs great on new version but I get stuck to loading screens and it crashes. When I install the EU update it wont even boot properly. What's going on? Do I need to disable something from the emulator settings to get it run properly?

>it's a good toaster, but I don't think it's that good.
1st gen is still decent, but the problem is the software. It is very poorly optimized.

>N64 emulation has improved
It has improved but is still largely a joke. In some ways it has gotten worse. For instance FBinfo works better in Glide64 than it does in GLideN64.

I think you're better off lowering your standards if you really want to play N64 games. Hoping for an accurate solution to be viable, will only lead to disappointment.

Out of curiosity though, which games would you want to play?

my standards are pretty low, I'm used to N64 emulation and its various shortcomings.
which is why I was surprised.

got an itch for Space Station Silicon Valley right now.
always hated how the low res textures looked on sharp polygons though.

is there a widescreen hack in glide64/gliden64?
I'm skimming through the options but I'm not seeing it