>build planner
grimtools.com/calc

>item db
grimtools.com/db

>wikis
grimdawn.gamepedia.com/Grim_Dawn_Wiki
grimdawn.wikia.com/wiki/Grim_Dawn_Wiki

>updated resist reduction doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Vw7I9fTSqtx9s3a4WVvkgiOGZ7leM81n1H1RrwrOzLc/edit#gid=0

>mods
www.nexusmods.com/grimdawn/
www.moddb.com/games/grim-dawn

>can't launch/black screen
Be sure to install everything (manually) from _CommonRedist folder in game steamapps folder.
If still no go, then in steam library right click game name > additional launch options add /d3d9 (force use of DirectX 9)

>previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

grimtools.com/calc/vNQ9vpYN
grimtools.com/calc/eVLLE5LV
grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62611
grimtools.com/calc/gZwMkE82
grimtools.com/calc/aZqmyPpZ
grimtools.com/db/items/8794
grimtools.com/db/items/2779
grimtools.com/calc/xZybYXAN
grimtools.com/calc/eVLLDwOV
grimtools.com/calc/p256yOPV
grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55449
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

previous

OP is a faggot confirmed

Post retarded build ideas that actually ended up being good when you tried them

did you get the sgrab????? :)))))

whats a good second class for a tanky soldier? necro, occultist, and nightblade all have good looking skills between reaping strike, spectral wrath, blood of dreeg, veil of shadow
and whatever, but i have no late game equipment to back anything up so it will all be self found
whats easy to make that works in ult?

Shaman. Wendigo Totem. AFK all day never die kill everything.

Is it that powerful?

>craft some legendaries in Tyrant's hold, see if I can get some better pistols
>4 out of 5 are fucking crossbows
well fuck you too game

I'm doing my best, but itemization doesn't really want to support it. If the Aether conversion rolls on all pieces are very high then it would be worth considering swapping out one of the Rings or the Diviner's set pieces. Arcanum Sigillis has a very high attackspeed so I think it would be good to include some procs like Aether Missiles from the "of the Arcane Blaze" suffix. Honestly the build is kind of messy so far and I don't expect it to perform as well as other builds and with some steep gear requirements on top of that. Haven't looked at devotions yet. I'm taking a short break from theorycrafting so I thought I would share it now. Maybe someone else wants to comment on it.

grimtools.com/calc/vNQ9vpYN

I sincerely appreciate the feedback. I went ahead and assigned the rest of the stat points I had to physique and I'm around 8600~ hp now, and I grabbed a couple more augments to bring my resistances closer to 80+, but I need to cap out reputations with a couple more places to finish up augments.

Since I'm new and all, what is a good way to track if my build is "good"? Something I can farm/kill to see how efficient my character is.

Keep going as far as you can in Ultimate

>headed to Coven's Refuge for the first time on Elite
>see a pack of yetis in the forest and wonder what's up with that
>see Kupatroopacabra and shit my pants
>kite him and his retard clones around a circle spamming War Cry/Haunt relic active/SS and letting my Spear of the Heavens and Arcane Bomb procs do their job

holy shit lads he's an asshole

In terms of difficulty (in ultimate)

1. Base game bosses (Loghorrean)
2. Expansion contents (the regular areas are pretty tough due to a lot of mixed damage types) and the bosses (Shaper of Flesh)
3. Three guardians
4. Skeleton key dungeons
5. Nemesis bosses
6. Mad queen
7. Secret bosses (clones, Lokkarr)

Shit I forgot the 2 celestials

Ideally a build would be able to do at least up to 5 in order to be considered "good" right? Since that's all pretty much normal gameplay that you'll do often enough.

Yep. Even among the nemesis some are far stronger than others so it's a wide range to cover.

So I got a question, I have Thermite Mines overcapped at 26/16 on my Pyromancer, should I put some of those points elsewhere?
grimtools.com/calc/eVLLE5LV

Currently killing Mad Queen isn't harder than killing Kupa (and extremely similar in terms of combat, since most builds won't facetank them and just kite them racing against health regen). She's quite close to nemeses in power.

>She's quite close to nemeses
She's way above.

so i want to tank but hearing about blitz or forcewave builds. They have a cooldown though, what am I suppose to do in the man time? whack away with cadance?

Not above Kupa or Grava. Iron Maiden should be close too, but I haven't fought her in campaign in a while. And she's really above only if you try to brute force through bullshit retaliation aura.
Why not? You'll most likely take deadly momentum anyway. Also with forcewave you can go for trauma, so cooldown won't be an issue.

grava'thul is above MQ, Lokarr, Clones and all other nemesi

hows multiplayer?

>multiplayer in a singleplayer game

What does nightblade pair best with?

Daymace

REMEMBER THAT THIS IS A PR*C FREE THREAD

I'm gonna proc into you so hard our children are going to feel it.

*BLOCKS IT*

Is Necro good second class for Albrecht?

had 15k hp on elite and he still one shotted my with his breath what bullshit

Maybe this could go in the OP?

>This file will give you every single illusionist transmute. Including white and green gear.

grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62611

What can I do with this?

Give it to me. Or make a Battlemage

Phys to Aether Cadence build with Krieg's Set?

Kupatroopacabra,"you come to the wrong neigborhood boy".

I am a Battlemage on this character actually, but a whole other build. Might respec and try that later then

>krieg set
just had 2 krieg items drop in one malmouth run, but i cant use it lol

Wow, fuck those 'Arcane' enemies.

It's a very consistent set to farm

Cant wait for them to be added to crucible

Does Iskandra or it's modifiers affect spells or only weapon attacks?

IDK. Probably just any spell with % weapon damage e.g. Callidor's Tempest but not Albert's Ray

they probably won't nullify in crucible. just like how loxmere doesn't use nullify in crucible

grimtools.com/calc/gZwMkE82
Is this retarded? The skills that have points at 5 are subject to change. So far unsure about devotions, but thinking about Attak Seru and Blind Sage.

I downloaded a mod that makes a sound when a legendary drops, because I'm paranoid that Aidsmancy is going to make me miss a drop 3 rooms ago, but I've never modded GD before.
Do I really have to start a new custom campaign for this sound mod to work? I'd like to test it out with a legendary drop, but they're far and few between on elite

Hows this build look? Mostly cold dmg, focus on minions and hit and run 2h weapons.

grimtools.com/calc/aZqmyPpZ

Goddamnit it's difficult to choose defensive stats over offensive stats.
I don't want to trade in my +1 to all skills with with 300 HP and 20 ele res. but it would be retarded not to.

Is a Mythical Soulsplit grimtools.com/db/items/8794 good enough to make a necromancer/arcanist build around it? I'm kinda tempted to make an autoattacking melee build with it.

I've seen a lot of people recommend the compass, eel or dog over Tsunami

I figured tsunami was good since it gave me the blue I needed, plus buffed cold damage, thought the lightning damage is wasted.

You can later respec devotions in spirit guide to juggle around with points.

What the heck am I supposed to do with this? Ive had it in my inventory since normal

Do you remember speaking to Daila?

Go to Malmouth outskirt. East of the area where the cthonians fight with the aetherials, there's Daila.

cant see shit captain

set particles to low

thanks

>Doing port valbury
>Not too hard outside of a few times I get caught in some aetherfire
>Make it to the end boss
>Bust out my combo on his ass
>He's dying pretty quick
>Suddenly all my minions are dead
>He saunters over to me and smacks me from 80% to ded before I can even blade barrier

Fuck.

Try to lure them one at a time to the doorway

>cant see shit /2

reroll phys commando or blademaster

What's a good amount of light radius late game? I'm doing 1% per point invested in spirit, it's been working out so far.

The advisor dude to the right didn't seem to do anything, he was just standing there.

So /gdg/, what classes do you want to see, or think we'll get with the next expac?

Literally killed Bloodlord Thalonis, the dude guarding Loghorrean about 15 times on Veteran now and he hasn't dropped his MI a single time yet. Is this shit bugged or is my RNG just utter garbage?

grimtools.com/db/items/2779

>implying we'll get another expac

Been trying to do an aether autoattack 2h melee build using Arcanist/Necro; but i'm not sure if Necro/Soldier would be better...

It might not drop on Normal or Veteran

I thought they said they were planning on doing something else after Ashes.

>level 30 weapon
>doesn't drop from it's level 46 boss

nice

Is there much point to doing the roguelite dungeons if I'm not max level yet?

Probably shit luck.

I'd at the very least make sure you're on ultimate before doing them.

try crucible? i see that blade so often there

Sure, you might not manage to kill Alkaizer, Shai Hulud and armin van buren, but the loot is still dank.

Is there a way to support the chaos version of Albrecht that isn't fucking occultist?

>roguelite
wut

So am I correct to calculate savagery damage like this

Level 26: 165% weapon damage, 120% effectiveness at highest charge, 115% damage from might of the bear

1.65 * 1.2 * 1.15 = 1.98 ~ x2 weapon damage per hit at highest charge level

Yep, that's right.

i honestly don't understand how you guys manage to cap your resistances and get 2.5k OA/DA on every single build.

grimtools.com/calc/xZybYXAN

Good to know

Drop some damage augments for resists. Your pants don't have any component.

Farm Guardians or Nemesis for their MI pants. With good mods it should fix your res.

Shoes can be sacrificed - you lose very little damage/OA from it and you should get some green shoes that give resistances.

Your armor isn't really suitable for melee. I think faction gears could be better.

You're overcapping freeze res by 43%. Use Runebound Topaz for your rings instead for more DA.

I think 2500% vitality damage is a bit overkill. Use Survivor's Ingenuity for rings instead to fix OA

>powdered wig

grimtools.com/calc/eVLLDwOV

So I'm pretty much done with the basic aspects of my build and I'm not sure where to continue.
I'm doing okay on damage except against bosses, so I won't max Black Death or Solael's Witchfire just yet.
I'm definitely going to work towards War cry. I don't have any other enemy damage lowering ability so I'm assuming the lowered enemy damage is pretty much going be multiplicative, but I'm not sure if the other defensive options are worth maxing. Namely Overguard and Shield training. Having never been gotten to ultimate, I have no idea how good blocks are at mitigating damage and if they're worth focusing on that much.
And the one random point into Blitz is for a bit of mobility and to proc Shield Wall. I really have a lack of skills to proc shit off of. Had to put Twin Fangs on Doombolt.

upload your grimtools savefile next time

grimtools.com/calc/p256yOPV

That sure beats doing it manually.

i don't even know what you're trying to do. a vitality melee witch blade with bloody pox? what exactly is your end game build plan? cause your build is kind of a mess right now

Thank you very much! Now my resistances are capped

>double rare affix nemesis legs
did you just gdstash those? cause there's no fucking way in hell you'd be able to get those legit right now due to the affix bug

It's just a basic Bloody Pox build with soldier purely there for the defensives.
It was going to be a Conjurer at first, but it's HC and I've never made it to ultimate before so I went Witchblade instead.

Oh, there's an affix bug? I guess i'll wait until they fix it.

I was planning on setting a treshold of 2k kills before i GDstashed it though. Fuck relying 100% on RNG.

>Oh, there's an affix bug?
yeah some MIs are spawning with no affixes at all, and the nemesis affixes drop almost only x of mending/thorns or tough of x affixes on them. I don't know how many of mending shoulders i've seen in crucible
you're better off farming the hidden path boss/bosses cause they are static spawns, spending 10-60mins running around trying to find a nemesis spawn is just a waste of time. better off waiting for them to be added to crucible and hopefully their pants will drop as much as current nemesis shoulders drop there

what would be the best choice to pair with occultist for a vitality/chaos build with doom bolt?

well good luck with that, i don't see a bloody pox build without devouring swarm ever being able to do any sort of damage if that and doom bolt is gonna be your main damage. you're better off just going a plain physical or poison DEE dot build if you're gonna go witch blade

also
grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55449

probably shaman. i've seen a vit/chaos warlock fuck shit up, but he was abusing the seal of blades aura bug. so probably won't be that good once it's fixed

What's the best way to use the Crucible to get free devotion points? Do you go in straight as you make your character or wait a bit until you have base gear and skills?

Most likely shaman. Devouring swarm has a really good -vit resist attached to it.