/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One Jan 26, 2018, and eventually PC. pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Public Beta on 12/9, 3 days, 3 hunts: G. Jagras, Barroth, Anjanath, PS4 only, requires PSN+
↳Paris trailer 10/30: youtube.com/watch?v=64ql8jQBgsw
↳Demo Gameplay 8/22: youtube.com/watch?v=WBg6KnkpaXU
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC

>Quick Reference
-MHXX Update 1.2.0 w/ Eng Patch v4: my.mixtape.moe/glpowg.png
↳3DS to Switch Save Data App: my.mixtape.moe/ezwmnj.png

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
Gen, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld,
MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/user/jandkas
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

GREAT

I want to fuck blanche

Huntresses

big huntresses

Please be in World.

Poogie!

>he still doesn't gun

please wait for the thread to pick up the pace before shitposting it dead

Yes

PC DATE FUCKING WHEN NIGGERS

Never ever.

RUNNING WHILE HEALING IS NOT AN ARMOR SKILL I REPEAT IT IS NOT AN ARMOR SKILL

MH IS FUCKING DEAD

I want to fuck a monster

>pictures of girls will cause the thread to die
how did you come to this conclusion?

are for being implanted with Vespoid eggs.

which one user, and which hole

You mean for hand holding and mating presses.

For you

>Running
As expected of a /v/ermin not to know what running looks like.

Najarala right in the cloaca

By a Congalala perhaps.

What would you call what the huntress is doing at the end of that webm then? You did watch the entire webm, right user? :^)

Thor please go.

The part where the healing finally finishes and is about to put the potion away?

December 2018

>needing to heal
Try not to out yourself as a casual /v/ poster.

ebin shitpost

Are you blind? She starts running before the healing is finished.

>mfw Blanche posting quests
>posting custom quests

SEE YAAAAAAAA

>no doujins scanned

i need chameleos to violate me

Now that MHW is confirmed to be a casualized mess for dumb westerners, where do we go from here?

Try .

MHW.

Souls games were just better versions of MH anyway, we'll just migrate to /dsg/ when the new Souls type game comes around

What if I want to play a new MH game that isn't casual trash for first timer babbus?

you'll have to go all the way back to the first game in the series then huh? if you haven't played it, itll be new to you

>Monster Souls

>Dark Hunter

reddit.com/user/jandkas
Take a gander at his posting history, because it looks like we've found our local wahooer who's been causing ruckus around here lately.

>reddit.com/user/jandkas
>Nintenbab is a reddit-user
This shit always happens.

who the fuck cares? get that shit out of here

/v/ fuck off

>be hunting
>kill this piece of fast moving shit
>start harvesting from its corpse
>suddenly springs up like a motherfucker
Fuck this fuck.

why are you screaming ?

>Not checking your Hunter Notes before facing a new monster

Pranked.

You can tell when it's about to wake up when its beak starts blinking really fast

So, /mhg/ why don't you gun yet? Aren't you ready to ascend from Bladelet status?

Waiting for MHW
hoy

But I do gun, it just isn't as enjoyable as using a hammer or charging my GS

frontier!

>falling for the most obvious form of bait
Hell, his body is still solid when he's faking it, so you should've known. Plus, if you're hunting just him, then the quest won't be done if it's a fake-out, which should be obvious

Belongs in the trash, away from here.

Kecha Wassup hunter, it's your housemate, the Ace Cadet of Val Habar!

You don't mean it!

Theres a good chance he hasnt

This is Frontier done right

Just got this from /v/. I wish Capcom actually fixed some of those. Then MHW would be perfect.

>healing while running
>positioning and memorizing patterns barely matters anymore
>cannot just evade out of attack recovery animations (since MH3U) now but also evade out of Gun lance shell recovery
>can even dodge out of a Great Sword charge attack buildup with hyper armor (considerably reduced damage when hit)
>even literal iframe attacks (foresight slash of Long Sword, for example)
>even more anime moves and mobility (weapons have been given special dodge moves, hyper armor, grappling hook, basically flying with Insect Glaive and attacking from all angles while monsters are clawing thin air
>permanent lock-on
>casualized weapon mechanics in general (Heavy and Light Bowguns have infinite special ammo, Hunting Horn songs are stored to be played anytime, notes needed for songs on screen at all times)
>almost no blood (literally dust and pebbles instead) but damage numbers that tell you everything and ruin the whole kinesthetic element of the franchise ("learning by doing" and helping each other)
>weapons barely dull, even when bouncing off
>"epic" cinematic monster fights that deal more damage than you and cinematic environmental traps everywhere
>there is literally a "field pet" that comes flying to you and heals you when you are at low health
>odds are people online will always lure the monsters to those traps and vanilla Monster Hunter combat will be almost impossible
>no more iconic turn (some people say it's more challenging this way, but it's actually easier because monsters telegraph their next attack while still turning around now)
>westernized and more anime shit at the same time
>over-the-shoulder shooter influences
>machine gun like shots

get the fuck out of my house

lol

Ace Cadet is one of the most enjoyable npc's in the entire franchise

There's literally nothing wrong with perma lock on and more mobility

>Just got this from /v/
Cool, go back.

>monsters literally still phasing through walls instead of aligning to the ground properly (means head can be stuck in the wall and you can't hit it), despite even more focus on verticality
>extremely jittery and unpolished animations
>even more annoying vertical environments that a) are the the biggest reason the animations look so terrible, b) no one asked for (except casuals so they can have their stupid jump attacks) and b) add absolutely nothing to the core combat and just sabotage you when using weapons that require more precision (Hammer, Gun Lance)
>no more Blademaster and Gunner armor distinction (basically run around with a full Diablos or Uragaan Blademaster armor while carrying a tiny wooden bow now)
>any number of points activates an effect, not just at the 10/15/20 thresholds (probably because of all the casuals online without any active armor skills but one or two points in 20 different skills)
>no negative skills
>free traps, (flash)bugs etc. everywhere and farcaster that can be used anytime as long as you're not near the monster
>changing equipment mid-hunt and even refilling potions and any other item without any(!) consequences
>little monster damage
>voice acting and flies telling you where to go and what to do
>prompts on screens show you combos, sharpness state of your weapon and even when to capture a monster (again, experience is less important in this game)
>weapons have a greater range
>despite healing while walking and more mobility, monsters are slower than ever before (compare Diablos or Barroth with Tri Diablos or Tri Barroth)
>open world/walking simulator meme instead of zones
>probably paid DLC and holding back fan favorites like Zinogre, Deviljho and Rajang for the paid G Rank (and it probably won't be a physical copy so you can't even sell the original and save money)

No she doesn't. How about showing what happens after to prove your point?

>crossspamming this shit across both Veeky Forums and /v/
we get it autismo. You can stop now.

DELET THIS

Well, lots of monsters derive difficulty from being fast and jumping out of the player's sight and then attack a blind spot. Nargacuga, for example. When a player is still new and doesn't know the monster well, he has to turn the camera to actually see where it is and what it does next. Getting the camera on the monster takes times, if he isn't good enough, he doesn't have enough time left to dodge.

Not to mention that lock-on doesn't make much sense in Monster Hunter anyway since hitzones exist.

I just saw a MH thread on /v/ and made the mistake of reading it. How come a bunch of people who have absolutely 0 knowledge of the franchise and have very obviously not even played any of the games are arguing as if they're experts on the franchise or game design in general for that matter. Is it really just autistic Sony and Nintendo fans brawling it out by using MH as an outlet?

>its okay when mainline does it

delet this or Flamechaser will kill you

STOP CRITICIZING THIS GAME. IT COULD ACTUALLY GET IMPROVED IF THE FEEDBACK ISN'T ONLY POSITIVE

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

it is!

it is since mainline is always a billion times better than the other games
>Is it really just autistic Sony and Nintendo fans brawling it out by using MH as an outlet?
Yes that is what /v/ is in general. Which is also why you shouldn't visit that cesspool in general

But there's no glowing parts. No gravity swirls. No hyper modes.

It's just a brute covered in tar that rolls around collecting bones.

Honestly, though, I don't see how MHW could be challenging unless you are braindead. They'd have to give monsters cancerous Frontier AoEs and movesets to even out all the mobility we have.

>figured out why I'm given bombs at the start of a Nibelsnarf quest

Shit this is no longer one of my least favorite monsters to hunt. That was cool.

""""Feedback"""" in a list that is 50% factually inaccurate and 50% completely Subjective. I love how everyone is suddenly a pro game designer that can teach the devs of an actual cult franchise on how to balance their game. This board is becoming more and more reddit-tier by the day

Is there anything on Youtube of this monster already? I can't even imagine how it moves and I'd like to see how similar it is to Uragaan.

Yeah, I think you're right after some mulling over about your reply.I've only played the 3DS ones so I assume lock on was different on consoles because I could just press L and keep centering it on evasive monsters like Rajang. So I didn't really see the big leap between that and a permanent one at first.

Sounds like you don't have imagination in any capacity and think everything will be exactly the same as its always been even though we've never seen anything but LR.

>""""Feedback"""" in a list that is 50% factually inaccurate and 50% completely Subjective
Tone down the delusion.

That has never happened in MH before.

>yes, goyim, High Rank will have completely different animations and way faster monsters, although that was absolutely never the case with very few exceptions

paizuri

clipping in Monster Hunter? Holy shit what a shock. It's almost as if the entire franchise is just a very polished PS2 era game tht has been rereleased a dozen times over the years under different names.

So how is the game ? how far are you into it ?

Just played MHW today. Controls feel slippery because turning radius feels larger but it's just getting used to it. Biggest thing was LBG and HBG using tps controls. I guess being on PS4 IS going to make it sell like GTA

Me too. It was like as /v/ told it. Better play Dauntless, which will not have lootboxes guys, no lootboxes, so good.

Monsters in HR routinely have better tracking on their attacks and spend less time jerking off between attacks

Not really, no.

Go fight Zinogre in LR and then HR

OH BOY CAN'T WAIT FOR WORLD to bomb

>Zinogre
One of the very few exceptions, and I'm actually not sure if that's the case outside of P3rd.

There is a reason I said there are exceptions.

The point is that clipping is still a thing instead of making monsters align and simultanteously implement even more obstacles, slopes, cliffs, ledges, holes etc.

I don't even know what the reason for all those ledges is. They don't make the combat more fun or anything. Weird.