/owg/ - Overwatch General

>New map and new hero coming soon, new short out now
>A whole bunch of Blizzard-themed skins are getting added into the base game (Nova Widowmaker, Protoss Orisa, stuff like that, ETA 2018)

>New offensive healer, "Moira," now on PTR
youtube.com/watch?v=6ETybQd4uRE

>Latest animated short
youtube.com/watch?v=sQfk5HykiEk&

>Latest comic
comic.playoverwatch.com/en-us/junkrat-the-return-of-junkenstein

>Latest PC patch notes
PTR: playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/21179257
Live: playoverwatch.com/en-us/game/patch-notes/pc

>Overwatch dev tracker
overstalk.io

>Hero tips, tricks and basics
pastebin.com/Qf2AKa8R

>Source / Quake mouse sensitivity converter
jscalc.io/calc/djyxBymfcWCIgD4f

>Personal stats / leader boards
overbuff.com
masteroverwatch.co

Previous:

Tracer is a qt.

>Casual
>Pick hanzo for some fun
>Yelled at by guy to get off hanzo so we can win
>Just say its casual I wanna play a hero I never play
>He just leaves
Is something wrong with people? Would he had preferred I did it in ranked? I wanna play bad heroes once in awile to ya know.

only losers like mei

I think Mei may be starting to become my favorite. She's the only one without some weird-ass hairstyle except for D.va and Pharah, and D.va's been boop'd into hate for me and Pharah playstyle makes me mad.

Gweeteens

Fuck this cancer enabling bitch

Every ship in this comic will be confirmed canon in the coming year.

How do you feel about that? I'm not even joking.

Mei is a goog girl and pure.

mei is bae

>do placement matches for the first time with my friend
>we only lose 2 matches
>get placed 2734

Feels good

Don't care. The only ships I like are the one's used in war.

>I want Orisa to be viable

>the heros i'm best with aren't the ones I like

ol yeller me

What was the theme supposed to be for the anniversary skins?

What was your previous season high?

Hello there

I have never finished my placement matches. I've never bothered on PS4 and I just got the game on PC last season.

I saw an interview or read something that the rule was no rule whatsoever. Designers could come up with whatever they wanted and they kept those who they thought were the best.

I’m on a two day losing streak and I feel like I’ve been playing like ass, should I just do for quick play for a bit? I’m dying inside

Orange and Silver/Grey.

Ni hao!

try playing something else for a little while

Alright everyone! What's your favorite:
>Hero
>Skin for that hero
>Equipable voiceline
>Non-equipable voiceline

-Sombra
-Peppermint for the golden weapon
-"Just squishing a bug"
-"Cheers love, *laughs*" because fuck Tracer

Artbook says they were kinda trying to go for cyberpunk a bit but overall it was pretty free range

Man just stop and come back in a week or two. By that time Moira should be out and all the fags who think they can play her but suck will stop and move on.

Just make sure you're playing normally and not throwing so the SR bleed is not big. You will eventually get paired with decent people/against complete donkeys and start winning again.

If each team could ban 1 hero every game how badly would this game be killed?

I would unironically ban Mercy. She's so essential that it would be fun to see how it plays out without her.

>Sym
>Dragon
>Why do you struggle?
>The Torb exchange about something being on her dress.

>everyone wants to ban Mercy except the Mercy mains who are desperately pleading not to ban her

Hoi zäme

>The heroes I'm the worst with are the ones I like.
Can someone tell me how to be a good Zarya plz

Well, being able to ban Mercy would simultaneously improve the meta by at least 500%, and also effectively remove fag Mercy mains who are also shitting up higher SR, so...
Not badly at all.

Having a ban would be great. If one hero is dominating the meta like mercy everyone will ban her. If no one hero is devouring the meta then you can get rid of an annoying hero you dont wanna fight. Or ban stupid picks like hanzo. Only downside is you might get alot more leavers when thier main is baned.

Be reactive with the bubble.
Kill things.
Give Genji the POTM.

Hola

>Doomfist is ba-

Well, it's been almost a week since she came to PTR. What's the general consensus of Moira?

Biggest strength
Biggest weakness
Best synergy with
Most dangerous opponents
etc

So, is there any way to prevent overwatch from routing to an East Coast server when you're on the west?

Bubble DPS when they rush in for free 40 charge.
Beam if an enemy is close wait until you are almost out of ammo then fire her secondary it will go off even if you have only 1 ammo left.
bubble healers when they are being attacked or Rein/D.va when they charge.
Announce your ult so it can be combo'd with other ults. Never waste it and watch for Genji/D.va
I treat her mostly as midfield or vanguard tank to keep flankers off the rear and supports while assisting pushes.

>Biggest Strength
Survivability, her life drain is nothing to sneeze at and her fade is an amazing getaway.
>Biggest weakness
positioning of the team. The team has to be aware where their Moira is, so they can be near her or her orbs for healing, or else it will be difficult to heal.
>Best Synergy with
Ana, long range heal complements well
>Most dangerous opponent
D.Va and Roadhog, she can't do much to stop them.

-nging Dva as we speak.

>bronze hero damage

You were carried

-d.

>her life drain is nothing to sneeze at

It barely heals her, the only person she's going to DPS down before they kill her is another Moira.

I think you mean that I am banging D.va as we speak

Our team suddenly had two Hanzos in a QP match. wtf happened

>Sombra
>Cyberspace
>"What's the fun in playing fair?"
>"Everyone makes mistakes."

Zenyatta
Ascendant
How disappointing
Boop

She's not meant to be killing people anyway. That said when she throws her suckball and locks the beam on someone the damage is pretty significant.

>that damage for that elims
Lol

I am in LOVE with Moira!

>Zenyatta
>Cultist
>"Curses and Madness be upon you all."
>"And I will watch your back in turn.", in response to Zarya

Sorry, Doomfist only likes White meat.

Having high damage as doomfist means you're doing something wrong

Jeff accidentally switched the fun switch to "On" for a second

Hero Limits is the worst thing to happen to this game.

Someone clearly didn't play season 1

>I want to go back to having four snipers doing nothing the whole match

>playing comp

I love Overwatch but going back and playing Team Fortress you realize just how much more fun TF2 is.

What went so wrong with OW and so right with TF2?

>Four snipers

No

It was 2Winston 2Tracer 2cuio

When the fuck are they gonna put No Limits back in the arcade? That was my fav and it's been MONTHS. All the fun and nice people congregated in NL and I miss it.

6 man Genji was fun

-ld

Moira really is designed to smash choke point holds, that ball sailing by hurting the enemy team combined with her ultimate and whatever else her teammates are doing = no more chokeholds.

Gas one tricks.

TF2 classes are infintly better designed

Blasting Heavies in the back with Scattershot then jumping away is much more satisfying than Tracer backing away with her peashooters if someone comes close

I still don't understand why people enjoy a game where you have to buy all of the unlocks, nor comparing it to Overwatch.
OW is a game that requires teamwork, while you can be on your own in TF2 and do fine. They're totally different games.

Yes. And to be honest I think she's really fun to play and they shouldn't touch her. She can't just hold M2 on people to kill them but she's so engaged, her mobility skill is fantastic, and her ability to provide overwhelming momentum is strong. She's pretty much what Mercy should have been, an active, powerful support that relies on her team's competence and facilitates their victory rather than some OP undo button a bot could play.
Too bad Mercy will still see 90% pickrate.

>Mei
>that new one with the hat that’s not in the game yet
>Chell out
>That could have gone better...

>Widowmaker
>Talon
>Ouh la la
>Shameful

>junkrat gets a "fair" team kill
>kinda salty even though he was on my team
>before potg he types "LOOK AT THIS"
>me as winston holding down m1 into a grav
>mfw

>OW requires teamwork

*inhales*

Overwatch "teamwork" amounts to nothing besides giving your DPS as much room as he can to do what he needs to do

Hey congrats.

That's why the only meat he had was sausage from the prison guards.

>join comp game
>team mates pick tracer, genji, junkrat
I'm tired of it. Something needs to change.

Amil 'ahy?

Hello there.

>dps needing to do damage is a key mechanic
wow dude really!!!?!!?

user pls. You were grinning from ear to ear and feeling like a little shit and you deserved that potg just for the salt factor.

Moira's stupid eye mask is never not going to be stupid.

>did placements solo
>lose 7/10
>get 2800
>career high before this was 2734
Fuck this broken ass system man

>it's a "you have to play Mercy because nobody else will" episode

What should be changed?

Something

If D.Va being in almost every game was a problem then Junkrat should be too.

Good job she doesn't have it then!

>play solo for 5 seasons
>get to high masters flexing because team always has autism
>season 6 get my hands on a fresh-ish account for free
>vow to instalock dps/hog every single game
>currently at 3300ish
>absolutely zero desire/motivation to do placements on my main because somebody will say "hey tank main why don't you play x"

I think the 200th Reinhardt hour broke me

Privet.

Yeah, instead she has a dumb nose ring and stupid face paint.

That t500 torb main that got banned is streaming right now, still one-tricking torb

Her wave makes my hand ache

>reading Zarya backstory on wiki
>teams up with omnic hacker in comic to track down sombra
>wiki claims omnic refers to itself as "gender neutral" and it's preferred pronouns are "they" and "them"
>read the comic
>absolutely nothing on this except Zara referring to the omnic as they/them in her own thought bubbles

this fucking fanbase I swear to god

It's sad that I have to go to Reddit to get some decent OW discussion

It came from Chu mainly.

It actually wasn't the fanbase this time but the lead writer that brought that up out of nowhere when it doesn't matter.

The only reason people pick Mercy is her Rezz and Ultimate. Those are simply too powerful to ignore and they're never going away.

>brought that up out of nowhere when it doesn't matter.
I think you will find that Chu is the diversity coordinator. Blizzard loves appealing to snowflake SJWs to rake in fat money.

Look at this dumb fucking gremlin polluting the clean waters with her doritos.

fucking enablers, they're the reason I had a QP match this morning with two finnish teenage girls who wouldn't shut up about how Soldier and Reaper are the OTP