/cwg/ - Classic WoW General

/cwg/ - Classic WoW General
previous thread: Reminder to downvote any non purist comments on battle.net and reddit

tags: /wpsg/ vanilla world of warcraft

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CYkqw6BjPcw
youtube.com/watch?v=BPjeNWDsszw&t=9m46s
discord.gg/cURbFER
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

reposting
>all vanilla endgame content tuned to be more difficult because the playerbase is no longer keyboard turning mongoloids playing on 5 fps

The only change that should happen. Adjusting the difficulty to match the much higher skill level of today's playerbase is necessary so the game doesn't become braindead easy when you hit 60.

>b-but players in vanilla were good, it's just a myth that they were bad!

Go look up a video of people in top guilds playing and say that. Actually, i'll post one for you.

youtube.com/watch?v=CYkqw6BjPcw

This is a video of a healer in death and taxes. That's right, death and taxes, the elite vanilla guild that got world first on four horsemen. Look at this fucking guy. This guy is a healer in one of the top guilds that holds the distinction of being the first people on the planet to kill one of the hardest bosses in vanilla. He's AWFUL. Holy shit he didn't even bother to keybind anything, it's all default. Not only that, but his toaster struggles to stay at 15 fps. The average raider is a million times better than the best players in vanilla. That is part of why the content is easy, that is why MC gets cleared by 30 fresh 60s in nothing but greens, that is why naxx gets cleared in a week or two. Sure, the 1.12 classes are a factor, but it's just a small detail in comparison to this.

>tfw want to play alliance but don't want to deal with trannies and underages
its not fucking fair. i want good cities :(

please respond

thunder bluff is comfy af

what to buy to maximise profits on the AH, ie what are big movers?

I'm guessing armour? or mats?

comfy is just a code word for boring desu

Undercity is the best city though.

Vanilla is a about precise, intelligent moves, not korean autism apm.
Those guys stilled played efficently with 10 fps back then.

There are basically no quests between 45 and 60

It'll be good if they add ~100 spread over this level range

it'd be even better if you stopped being a whiny fag lol

no there isn't

>During the 2nd phase, The extra giant tentacles wouldn't stop spawning, only a certain amount were suppose to spawn. There wasn't enough DPS to kill them and keep everyone afloat.

Org is just as comfy as IF
SW is a piece of crap, so is UC
TB and Darn rule, but Darn is on the ass-end of nowhere
Horde edges it out

this is simply untrue, i had to abandon almost a whole quest log when i hit 60 on my pally and priest (only 60s so far).
you just need to run more dungeons.

balance the fucking shit game and let me turn my shading lighting settings to omega

>idling in capitals has to be exciting

You have to constantly be killing mobs while you make your way from a to b. You feel like you run out of quests if you only do the quest objectives and never kill any extra mobs.

Brack was right when he said you don't want vanilla.

I mean I couldn't' give a shit about vanilla. And neither do the private server players since:
BC+wotlk players outnumber vnailla
Nostalrius players rated BC higher than vanilla

Org is an absolute shit hole with the worst city layout in the game. It's really too bad that it has to be the primary horde city.

His reason was that you had to ask in chat to form groups. That is still true in tbc.

>SW is a piece of crap
Nah.

youtube.com/watch?v=BPjeNWDsszw&t=9m46s

>keep the game the same old shit you could be playing right now instead of learning from the mistakes and perfecting the difficulty/balance
post yfw it flops harder than retail when babies realize this and we thought we did but we didnt

>being a keyboard turning clicking idiot who just spams max rank flash heal the entire time is "playing efficiently"

Nostbabies don't even want Vanilla.
They want 12 patches of QoL changes
12 patches of shaman buffs
12 patches of druid buffs
12 patches of warlock buffs

They wouldn't last a second in 1.1 as anything other than a rogue

Getting 1.1 with a modern client is the dream

Rolling for fresh everyst

if last digit is odd then I go warrior
if last digit is even then I go priest
if 2nd to last digit is odd then I go normal pre-bis farming
if 2nd to last digit is even then I go for tier 0

i was going to kill myself but then classic servers got announced. i don't know what to do now. advice?

>WoW was my first MMO so it was everyone else's first MMO too
>WoW invented raiding
>shitters and bad players don't exist today, all retail players have mythic on farm
>JustRetailBabbyThings

save up some money so you can neet hardcore when it comes out

Damn, I wanted an excuse to go for that autistic tier 0 quest line.

>the genre existed before so that means people were automatically good at wow

epic
tell me again had keyboard turning players were the best players in the history of the game and how fights with basically no mechanics were actually really difficult

There are plenty of tweaks that can be made to this game that would make it significantly more accessible and enjoyable, but still preserve the difficulty. Namely quality of life changes, but also some changes to talents and gear itemization that are PERFECTLY acceptable and COMPLETELY balanced.

Many pieces of pre-raid gear that does NOT come from professions NEED to be nerfed. They VASTLY outclass the first tier of raiding armor in every regard. Good examples of this are Hand of Justice for melee DPS, and Bloodvine. It's fine that they are powerful, there is very little wrong with that, but there is absolutely zero tradeoff. Bloodvine is BiS until basically T3. That is truly thoughtless design and protecting this is damaging to the game's integrity.

Most of the T1 sets need to be buffed. They suck, plain and simple. There is absolutely no reason for them to be so bad. Remove unnecessary stats, improve good stats, change the set effects. Make them niche for hybrid specs.

Feral, Balance, Protection (Pally), Enhancement, Elemental, Discipline, Shadow, and all of the other objectively inferior specs should have their niches improved and more specialized. They are hybridized specs and they should REFLECT that by being useful, but being niche. Extremely specific, but extremely powerful. Need an AoE tank? I'll PM my Prot pally friend. We need heals and DPS? I have a discipline priest buddy, or a retribution(insert enh if horde) friend that can do a little bit of both. People want to perform these roles, and do so adequately, contributing to the raid meaningfully in their own way. Who are we to deny them that?

Every single one of you need to understand that classic servers isn't about Nostalgia. Most of us fucking retards were barely in middle school when 2004 was around, and nostalgia doesn't keep people here forever. The game CAN be, and SHOULD be improved. Vanilla is great, and it can be made even better. Strive for perfection.

Let's fix Vanilla.
>Class Balancing
>Raid/Dungeon re-tuning to bring it on par with the new class balance and more mechanics then 'don't stand in fire'.
>Heroic Dungeons or Keystone style dungeons
>Heroic raids that award slightly better gear and are much more challenging (think Mythic)
>Arenas and Rated Battlegrounds
>Retune gear to the stepping stones of dungeon -> heroic/keystone dungeon = normal raid -> heroic raid

Instead of playing the same boring shit that people have theorycrafted for years let's revamp it and make it more enjoyable. Instead of having two button rotations and hardly any bosses with more than one 'mechanic' we can get a challenging and rewarding game that gives gear based on skill rather than time investment. The only people who want 'pure Vanilla' are those who want to be handed the best gear by afking in 40 man raids and battlegrounds.

>1 vid of a top vanilla proves all the top players then were trash

"If we add QoL changes not in vanilla it will turn into retail" endquote

>Same people people also thing if we start from 1.1, adding the QoL changes, we won't stop

Will they do the Gates of Ahn'qiraj event again? Fuck that would be awesome. I started playing after they were already opened on my server, so I missed out.

But max rank flash heal is how paladin's are supposed to play in Naxx, because the gear has enough crit to allow you to do it as whenever you crit you regain mana.

>people who took weeks to kill easy bosses that had no mechanics were good players

Why wouldn't they? Surely the servers will be more stable in 2018/19

>i played on a stock mangos 1.12 slav server now i'm super expert on nilla
LOL

>i didn't even look at the thumbnail of the video but i'm going to pretend like I watched it

>t-the bosses are just bugged, that's why they get killed so easily!
>i-it's just the 1.12 talents!

Can't wait to hear the excuses when every vanilla raid gets cleared in a week.

>Alex - Yesterday at 10:32 PM
>@everyone Having a pretty rough day, just wanted to thank everyone again for all the support you've given me because honestly you're all the support I even have left. Hopefully one day I can repay everyone somehow.
incoming pity stream. alex wants to move to texas to try and join the retail streamer club so now hes gonna try and mooch money out of his viewers and orbiters

Food for thought: raiding in Asheron's Call, Dark Age of Camelot and Everquest wasn't very mechanically demanding, probably because things had to be tuned for 56K modem latency.

I played from Vanilla through early Warlords and led a raiding guild from BC through Mists. Modern WoW raid mechanics are absolutely more complex, though I guarantee some of the retail babbies posting this meme that everyone in Vanilla was bad will get feared into the whelps or won't move out of the raid when they are the bomb or won't ever even get into Vanilla raiding because it requires more dedication than retail raiding.

Alex - Yesterday at 12:24 AM
@everyone it seems the retail audience is slowly discovering me as I'm starting to notice more dislikes again and I know they're from retail because I'm starting to see comments bashing me as well. I would appreciate it if on the video releases to please like the video. It helps me a lot.

How would you like it if stalker nerds obsessed over everything you did?

FUCK.
OFF.

It requires more grinding but the bosses are so pathetically easy that it doesn't really matter.

Spergs btfo

vanilla remastered servers
vanilla pure servers
everyone wins

>put yourself into the public eye via streaming
>get angry when people talk about you
maybe if you didnt have such thin skin it wouldnt be a problem

And you only have to find + manage 39 other players to kill these easy bosses

*slams car*

sup alex

>vanilla is difficult and requires more dedication!
>if you're the gm

THATS NOT BNEEINLLA

>I watched videos of vanilla boss fights so I know exactly what it was like and am qualified to talk about this topic like I actually experienced it myself, even though I haven't
>I watched videos of people having sex so I know exactly what it was like and am qualified to talk about this topic like I actually experienced it myself, even though I haven't
wew

The pure servers would get shut down after a year cuz no one would play on them though.

Impossible they would get shutdown

How the fuck did he know it was a foreigner?

Will the servers be free to play? When do they come out?

>my views are starting to stagnate and i dont have any drama to drum them back up
>start making up stories on discord and twitter to get pity

>free to play
Gross, I really hope not

>got punched by some black haired bastard earlier
>fine
>got punched by some black skinned bastard earlier
>racist

YESTERDAY AND BLIZZARD PAYS YOU!

Can't go wrong with mats. Herbalism and alchemy are always a good money makers, because people always need potions.

Okay, see you when naxx gets cleared in a week.

why is it so far away
fuck

They gotta make it better bro.

>driving 50 mph and have a near collision
>have enough time to decipher that the person is a 'foreigner'
or... he could just be lying?

I will be a male night elf priest and be bullied by the more experienced priestesses in the Sisterhood of Elune! No amount of Dwarven bullying will keep me from reaching my goal!

What's wrong with free to play?

Cool. Thanks.

>check his twitter
>he is retweeting keemstar
well that makes sense

This is admirable and I respect it...oh wait you said elf kill yourself.

look daddy I made a custom discord channel and renamed myself hehe

$15/month keeps out the hue monkeys, slavs and other third worlders

that whole statement, from start to finish, is likely the most retarded thing ive ever read.

Are you say I faked it?
discord.gg/cURbFER
He said it a few minutes ago

you are a bastard and a backstabber

>if yew dun speak english den u dun nah how ta drive in murica

*Slams nigger skull*
I HAVE BLACK FRIENDS!

NIGGER XD

It makes sense Muslim women are shitty drivers, they aren't allowed to drive in Derka Derka land

Stream already Alex.

have you tried thinking before you speak, alex?

>Some people actually want 1.1 and to be 1 shot by barman shankers

would be epic!

LMAO retail bab kys not even hardcore

I'm going to go ahead and ask again.
PvE or PVP, which is more fun in vanilla?

>Purists would switch to Vanilla+
>Retail wouldn't want to play Vanilla+ unless it was basically Legion
These are both things believed by the same person

PVP will be more fun overall but there will be moments of extreme annoyance.

PvP is overrated as fuck, there's basically a minority of griefers and grenadefag movie makers fooling everyone into rolling on PvP because it's what you're "supposed" to do

Roll on a PvP server. You don't become a man until you experience STVietnam.

>STVietnam
I cant even remember what winning the gurubashi arena even rewarded anymore, but I sure as hell remember ganking lowbies on my rogue after.