obsproject.com
gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/CaptDreamcast
sgtadman.itch.io/untitled-bullet-hell-game
twitter.com/xthuby
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

ass

For those that made music for their game, what did you use? I'm looking to get started on the music for a 1920's era game but I've no idea where to begin besides the fact I want a piano, kazoo, and sax.

music theory

By that I meant software. Preferably something free.

how can you make music if you don't know your notes?

lmms / fl studio

By assigning a sound to each key on the keyboard, begin recording, and then start writing an essay on how music theory is a meme, probably

Remember that if you're learning 3D, a CG Cookie subscription is worth it!

Wow, that bad meme comics got that far, what's stopping you, user?

Why don't you link give me a mega/torrent link to all their shit.

If everyone pirated, high quality tutorials would barely exist!

That is the opposite of how economics works user.

t. communist

But I don't care about all that.
I just want to read these tutorials so I can both improve and determine if you're full of shit.

That is also the opposite of what I am.
you're good at this.

>tfw my asset pack is on cgpeers right now

80,000$ worth of downloads

I deserve it

You deserve your lawsuit too when you get it.

Finished making lance finally. It blocks shots for you and you can poke and sweep with it.

People that don't understand that good fitting music is an integral part in your game having emotional impact and leaving lasting impression don't know shit and their games scored by some random plebbit dude for free are going to fail.

That said, being just a musicbro and writing music for someone else's game is retarded, make your own game.

Space humping: the game

>he doesn't collect the most important part of games for reference

The best video game series of this decade has no music outside of boss battles. literally the least important part of game dev

>le dark souls meme

Please make the border markers small arrows and not yellow circles.

shuma gorath

The music in it is amazing where it counts.

i find your progress problematic user,your new weapon is a simbol of patriarchy

>another person who finds dark souls to be the pinnacle of game design
Idea guys never fucking learn, do they? Dark souls was a great game, but people who put it on a pedestal are complete and utter dummies.

Forgot to show off that you can push enemies too.

There was an idea tossed in here to make the circle graphics enemy specific that I rather liked. I'd like to try that route eventually before I do something else.

Don't worry, a vagina-based weapon is next.

-------- AGDG Weekly Recap --------
Fill out the form to be a part of the weekly progress recap.
Submissions will be accepted for at least the next 36 hours.

----[ Recap ]----
Game:
Dev:
Tools:
Web:
Progress:
+ ...

Site: recap.agdg.io
Last recap: recap.agdg.io/view?id=17111

Except when it makes the game, like Hotline Miami

Fine. Just make them arrows that actually rotate towards the player and autistic yellow exclamation circles.

Now about the weapon itself. It blocks bullets which means it should be in the shape of a shield, not a sword, unless you plan on having some sort of a mode where you have to protect another object on the screen other than yourself from bullets. Like a multiplayer mode, or if you need to protect precious cargo or something. Having a sword blocking bullets is useless and looks weird. Make it shield shaped, its gonna not even look better, but be more useful too.

y-you're so cool recap k-kun!

>rotate towards the player and autistic yellow exclamation circles.
rotate towards the enemy instead of autistic yellow exclamation circles
Fix'd. It's late here i can't even type properly anymore.

so i recently moved into a small studio with a mate and need help soundproofing it cause im awake late hours while he sleeps. mostly so i can play guitar,talk to myself, type like a madman . anyone have tips for a fellow yesdev?

----[ Recap ]----
Game: Porro Viatica
Dev: Plessy
Tools: Monogame
Web: teamessell.tumblr.com
Progress:
+Made new ship focused on speed and orbiting orbs.
+Made new weapons: Laser, Charge, Reverse, Mines, Volley Missile, Dumb Missile, Ultimissile, Lance.
+Made ships bounce properly

I didn't really put it on a pedastal, just said it was better than other games released nowadys. dark souls was successful because from soft focused on gameplay and not about memes like music or "emotional impact".
Hotline miami would still be a game without music. It would not be a game if you removed the code and the art. And the music wasn't even done by the developers they just got it from bandcamp.

Combos for ai, adjustable turn speeds for actions, and smooth tracking. Pardon the shit cropping

It's actually in the shape of a lance, not a a sword. Lances and spears are somewhat known as being defense-oriented weapons, so the erasure effect is totally fine with it. I do plan on adding some shields later on that are attached in a different spot, but that won't be for a while. So changing lance to a shield is a veto. It just doesn't work out with what I have in mind.

A game, yes, but not a great game.

I dunno why you went nuclear here though, with a misunderstanding of mass destruction.

Ship mode in. You will be able to replenish energy for it by killing enemies.

----[ Recap ]----
Game: Ghost Knight Victis
Dev: Anomalous Underdog
Tools: Unity, Blender, Substance Painter, Photoshop CC
Web: hypertensiongamedev.tumblr.com
Progress:
- Recreated todo list in offline program Portable Kanban, due to flaky Internet connection
+ Added camera shake for attacks
+ Started implementing the prevent-damaging-through-walls functionality

>
Always appreciated, paperman.

what the fuck am i looking at here

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Whoa, interesting camera shake. How'd you do that?

Veeky Forums, i need some advice. So, i'm very new to game design, and i was told to watch the yesdev playlist on youtube, I did start watching and i learned a lot, but now i don't know which step to take. Here's the thing, i have a really clear vision of a game i want to create, but i'm afraid if i start it right now i won't do the idea justice, since i am very unexperienced. On the flipside, if i don't start it right now and wait, putting time in other more simple games, i might get uninterested in the idea or lose my vision and concepts, never tackling it again. So, what do you guys think i should do?

I can't believe doomguy used Dragon Install.

----[ Recap ]----
Game:Devil Engine
Dev:shmoopdev
Tools:GMS,Photoshop,Aesprite
Web:shmoopdev.tumblr.com/
Progress:
+Level 4 mostly done
+Added sprite scaling 3d for better depth
-Took it out because it screwed with gameplay too hard
+Prototyping stage 4 miniboss
+bigger buisnessdev gains

Step 1, don't watch googy videos.
Step 2, start simple, like real simple, pong and shit and learn the ins and outs of making vidya
step 3, don't make your dream project just yet, make smaller games that you think to yourself "oh man I wanna play this"
step 4, repeat step 3 a few times, learn and grow
step 5, make your dream game

make small games to learn progressively, keep notes on what you want to do on the side. ALWAYS take notes and keep them, you WILL forget. including what you're not sure about, or why something could cause a problem, even if you think it's obvious, write it down.

>shmoopdev noticed me
Nice. Love your work by the way.

don't expect anyone to teach you here. You have to learn to google. Most of the jackass here are losers in real life.

Even bigger buisnessdev gains than last week?

start working on the smaller, easier to code bits of your game while simultaneously designing the graphical assets of your game. It's what I've done with my current project. After months of design work, I came up with a drastically improved art style for my game. And after months of coding smaller systems, everything clicked, and I was able to code my battle system all by myself. I also re-did all of the smaller things I made, and brought them up to a more professional standard. After going through this process, I feel extremely confident that the final product will be close to what I originally envisioned.

Thanks for the help guys, guess i'll do that. I do have a little background in coding though, so i know how a system works, i'll see if i can come up with something simple but original.

It's a controlled blur. You blur by averaging 2 offset texture positions and then change the distance of it from x to 0 to achieve the effect.

Just remember to have fun with what you do and like that other dude said, take notes and write stuff down. You can do this.

I don't think I ever posted the version without 3d here. It still works, but it's not nearly as cool.
Don't worry bb I've been noticing you the whole time. Can't wait to play it.

I can't talk about it yet. Let's just say I've skipped the part where you're suppose to do a Kickstarter to be noticed by companies.

----[ Recap ]----
Game: SloMoDo
Dev: Dogma
Tools: Unreal Engine 4, HTC Vive
Web: twitter.com/CaptDreamcast
Progress:
+ Made extremely threatening placeholder (as if) enemy AND gave him a gun
+ Created waiting room/title screen
+ Made VR Menu
+ Added Eye of the Medusa: Beyond to the collection
+ Remade Eye of the Medusa: Ultimate Frontier with Beyond's stuff and added it to the collection
- Feel pretty slo myself right now

>I can't talk about it yet. Let's just say I've skipped the part where you're suppose to do a Kickstarter to be noticed by companies.
Are you going to Tokyo Game Show too?

Progress ahoy.

Added this fellow. I call him Wallmaster.

you realize youre not allowed to continue watching yesdev if you havent made the beginner projects right? the series literally stops unless you did your projects.... you didnt just skip that did you? that's illegal.

kinda close

----[ Recap ]----
Game: Bullet Hell Lane Shooter
Dev: ADMAN
Tools: Unity, Blender
Web: sgtadman.itch.io/untitled-bullet-hell-game
Progress:
+ Remade a couple of things for the content creator
+ UI is starting to react and behave properly
- Still need to build object containers and save/load system.

Very cute

sorry, i don't care what you think

just add it to other 1000 good ideas you will never make list

that's illegal, i'll call the cops.

Progress.
this roll is meant for dodging but i'm working on ways to use it under some circumstances too speed you up. I want it to be a tricky little tool that speed runners and more advanced players can utilize as well as a dodge.

You should expand on that kind of gameplay. Too many indie sidescrollers are extremely simple mechanically.

FL Studio is $100 with lifetime free updates, just get it.

Why doesn't gogem stick to making anime? He's clearly better at that than making games.

Hi /agdg/. Here is a gameplay test vid. How can I make it more "juicy" and interesting to the player?

That wiggling hand tell is way too emphasized but fucking hilarious. "Look over here, I'm about to slap you buddy."

By scrapping it and making another game, juice isn't going to save that.

add screenshake and milkshake

I thought I read that since some new Unity version you can set a scene to be automatically loaded when you enter play mode. But I can neither find the feature nor any information on it. Did I just dream it?

Honestly. this: That game isn't even mobile worthy.

Seems... boring.

I would rather play Picross Lucy.

you need some high-risk high-reward options for the player to do. as it is, the game isn't taxing on the player's mind or reflexes.

>high-risk high-reward
You forgot your other pink-haired indie terms. Here's how you do it:

You have to make sure the player are engaged with your content at all times and construct an environment for their immersion to flourish using high-risk high-reward option scenarios and enhancing the experience with juicy screen-shake as well as object permanence and dust particles.

Here's what I'd do:
Add some bombs that explode after 5-10 secdonds you have to prevent them from reaching the end of the conveyor belt before they xpode by holding them or moving them back a few times until they explode on their own.
Also add a mechanic wherre every X seconds one of the conveyor belts is randomly choosen to go into turbo mode, after a few seconds of warning it gets way faster than the others. It stays like this for a few seconds then goes back to normal.
There is of course a chance the bomb will spawn in a turbo conveyor belt which should make for some interesting situations.

Nudevs don't think about risks and would rather make a game that plays by itself than letting the player suffer through the extremely traumatic experience of going back to a checkpoint when dying and having to go through 1 whole minute of gameplay again.

>now it looks like Metal Black

Make tiny coins and color-corresponding sparkles jump out around the coin marking on the tube when a coin goes in correctly. Also get rid of the width changing on the tube and make them all larger by default so you don't get that coin edges clipping through the tube.

You're not swapping the sprite draw order when the end of the... whatever that is moves backwards, so it doesn't look right half the time.

Thanks

----[ Recap ]----
Game: Thuby's game
Dev: Thuby
Tools: Unity3D, Aseprite
Web: twitter.com/xthuby
Progress:
+ Redid enemy system using scriptable objects
+ Redid combat system with scriptable objects
+ Added Wallmaster (Aka tall guy) he's there to obstruct the player
+ Redid the little guy's sprite.
- So much work...

Make it into a different game, what on earth would possese you to make something so mindless, easy and boring?

Anyone want their demo played?

Third time's the charm eh?

Thanks

----[ Recap ]----
Game: Thuby's game
Dev: Thuby
Tools: Unity3D, Aseprite
Web: twitter.com/xthuby
Progress:
+ Redid enemy system using scriptable objects
+ Redid combat system with scriptable objects
+ Added Wallmaster (Aka tall guy) he's there to obstruct the player
+ Redid the little guy's sprite.
- So much work...

Gee i dunno mr. Shadowstool, my mom told me not to show my demo to strangers.

Here are all the steps to creating a usable 3D model for a game.
Am i missing something? Is the order correct?

>sculpt a high poly 3D model
>unwrap it and create UV's
>paint the diffuse, specular, occlusion maps
>generate a normal map from the high poly model
>add bones, do skinning
>simplify the mesh to a low poly one
>create animations for it
>export it to a game engine and/or sell it as an asset

That guy who said he doesn't care isn't me, i'm the guy who was asking for advice. Also, it isn't illegal in my state, i checked.

You don't need to reply to the reply bot

>sculpt a high poly model
fuck that. low poly all the way and no shading.

Oh I thought I did. Shit

*recap bot

I'm the reply bot

Retopology should be step two, after that all steps apply to the lowpoly mesh.